[Day Four - THE REBELS WIN] Mafia: A Star Wars Story

Alistair

Greetings! I am Alistair, resident protocol droid, and I have been programmed by my creator to bring you, esteemed forum members, this game of Mafia: A Star Wars Story! Experienced players and beginners alike are welcome to play. If you have any questions about the game, you may ask me via PM or in this thread, and I will use my visual sensors and servomotors to answer to the best of my ability. You may also want to check the Reborn Mafia Discord sever at https://discord.gg/qNfjbar, for some nice conversation.

I. What is Mafia: A Star Wars Story? [How to play the game]

Spoiler

Mafia: A Star Wars Story is a mafia game which features both standard mafia roles and original additions and change in mechanics. It is a game wherein there are two main factions: the Uninformed Majority [Galactic Empire], whose members only know their roles and don't know the other members of the Empire, and the Informed Minority [Rebel Alliance], whose members know each other and discuss every Night on whom they should kill. There also exists a Third Party role with its own win condition.

At the beginning of the game, players will receive a PM with their Role and Alignment.

There are two phases in Mafia: A Star Wars Story. 
The Day Phase, which lasts 48 hours, is when the players discuss the events of the previous night and find out who is a Rebel. Imperials try to discern the alignment of the other players while the Rebels try to blend in and avoid being read as scum. Before the day ends, the players must vote on a player and the one who gets the majority of votes +1 will be eliminated (for instance, 8 votes if there are 15 players left, 6 votes if there are 10 players left and so on). If the players are collectively unable to meet the majority requirement, it is up to a specific role (detailed below) to privately decide the lynch, and send me their choice via PM.

The Night Phase, which lasts 24 hours, is when the thread is considered 'locked' and players cannot comment on it. Instead, if they have Night Actions, special abilities related to their roles, they may use those to help their faction win. The Rebels also discuss in their private chat whom to kill for the night.

What makes this game different from other mafia games?

(1) Some roles are original creations, whereas others are “classic” mafia roles that may have been modified to suit the theme.

(2) Most roles are alignment-ambiguous! The only roles that always have the same alignments are the Sith Lord, Inquisitor, Backstabber, Spy and Wookie Sympathizer.
(3) Both roles and alignments are revealed when players die! It is up to the others to use this information wisely.

II. Opening narrative

Spoiler

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away…

MAFIA: A STAR WARS STORY

The wild and lush planet known as Kashyyyk, home to the peaceful Wookies, is occupied by the Galactic Empire. Scattered in numerous outposts and garrisons, Emperor Palpatine’s minions rule with an iron grip over this remote world. Or do they…?

Among the giant trees and thick bushes, a gale of unrest and doubt is blowing. Rumor has it, the Empire is building a terrifying weapon, capable of reducing entire worlds to dust in a single beam of focused light. Soon, the Emperor’s power will know no limits. Is it truly right to unite under the banner of such a ruthless tyrant?

The Rebel Alliance has an answer. And this answer is no.

Here on Kashyyyk, the threat of a mutiny is looming large. Among the men stationed at Imperial Outpost Delta, several are secretly Rebel sympathizers, and some may even be supporters of the Wookies’ independence. Recently, they decided to take action and fight, while staying hidden in the shadows.

Unfortunately for them, few can hide from the eyes of the Emperor. Informed of these traitors’ presence by his most faithful lieutenants, Palpatine himself ordered the Commander of Outpost Delta to find out who they are, and eliminate them. To this end, the soldiers stationed there must assemble a firing squad in the main hall, every day, and kill one of their own, over and over until all the Rebels have been eliminated… or no man is left standing.

There is no escaping this cruel sentence. The Emperor has sent his most devoted and powerful servant to oversee the purge. The outpost’s hallways are now echoing with the loud thuds of metal boots, and deep, laborious breathing… soon, a red blade may ignite in the dark. And the blood of allies and foes alike will flow.

III. Factions

Spoiler

* Galactic Empire - They are the Uninformed Majority of the group. They spend their time trying to find out who's on their side and who's not. They try to find out deception, look out on whom they should trust, and when they should reveal information they may have. They win when they eliminate all threats to the Empire.

* Rebel Alliance - They are the Informed Minority of the group. They share a Private Chat where they can discuss and plan. They use their abilities to deceive, betray, and stab the Imperials in the back. They win when they equal or outnumber all other players.

* Third Party – There is another role with its own win condition, which belongs to the “Cultist” archetype. Please refer to the roles list below for more information.

IV. Roles

Spoiler

1.      Sith Lord [Galactic Empire] – At the end of the day, if no majority is met to eliminate someone, the Sith Lord personally chooses and executes another player.

2.      Inquisitor [Galactic Empire] – Every night, they can visit another player and discover their alignment.

3.      Backstabber [Rebel Alliance] – Every time they receive a visit, the visiting player dies.

4.      Spy [Rebel Alliance] – Every night, they gain a random piece of information about the Imperial faction. This doesn’t count as a visit, regardless of the information received, and is not affected by the Pilot's swap.

5.      Ambassador – Every night, they may visit another player and discover their role.

6.      Battle Droid – They start the game with an extra “life” due to their durasteel plating.

7.      Medic – Every night, they may visit and save another player from any harm received, except the Battle Droid.

8.      Pilot – Every night, they may switch 2 players, redirecting all night actions targeting them to one another.

9.      Gatling Laser Operator – They count as 2 shooters in the firing squad gathered every day (2 votes).

10.   Commander – They are privately informed of all the visits they receive due to their knowledge of all the staff.

11.   Scout – They may follow the movements of another player at night.

12.   Mechanic – They can visit another player at night. If this player is either: Medic, Pilot, GLO, Scout, Sharpshooter, Spy or ICO, the Mechanic is informed that they can disable the player’s equipment. If they do, the player’s special ability is lost forever, and the Mechanic loses their ability as well. NB: The Mechanic cannot visit the same player more than one time!

13.   Sharpshooter – One time only, they can execute another player of their choosing at night. This is a long-range ability and therefore doesn't count as a visit.

14.   Bounty Hunter – They can capture another player at night, preventing them from acting but also protecting them from all attacks and visits.

15.   Dark Trooper – When they die, another player of their choosing dies too. The Dark Trooper's kill is unaffected by the Pilot's redirection.

16.   Ion Cannon Operator – One night in the game, they may cause a blackout, blocking all actions for the night.

17.   Wookie Sympathizer [Third Party] – The Wookie Sympathizer wants neither Imperials nor Rebels on Kashyyyk! In order to drive them both away, they can convert another player to their faction every night. Converted players lose their former role and alignment, gain the role “Wookie Activist” and are informed of their new alignment. Like the Rebels, they share a private chat. This faction wins when the converted players outnumber all the other factions combined. If the Wookie Sympathizer dies, all the converted players are revealed and executed. The Wookie Sympathizer is read as Rebel scum by the Inquisitor. The converted players are simply revealed as “Wookie Activists” upon death.

Priority brackets for the night actions of relevant roles:

ICO > Pilot > Bounty Hunter > Inquisitor, Ambassador > Rebel Kill > Sharpshooter > Medic > Mechanic > Wookie Sympathizer > Scout > Commander, Spy

V. Rules

Spoiler

- The Reborn Forum rules apply here.
- All Player Discussion must be kept here in this thread. Private PMs, discussion outside the thread through Discord, IRL, or other methods are not allowed as well. Only the mandated private chats are allowed to be used.
- Voting is done in this format: [Eliminate] Player Name in bold. Abstaining IS allowed.
- Per Day Phase, everyone is required to post at least 2 times. During Night Phase, the thread is considered locked and no one must post in the thread. Violation means a warning then immediate elimination.
- Sharing of PMs from me is not allowed. There will be consequences if found out. Ruining the game is not fun :(
- If you are ELIMINATED, you are allowed one last post, which must NOT reveal any information critical to the game. Additionally, liking or reacting to other posts is not allowed after elimination.
- Actions should be sent to me via PM, in the same conversation I used to inform the player of their role and alignment at the beginning of the game.
- Editing your posts is discouraged. If you wish to have a change, quote your previous post and say the appropriate changes.
- Lastly, respect the host and the other players. Personal attacks on others will have their own repercussions.

Special thanks to @Magister Divergent for letting me borrow some rule sections from his other mafia games, and for proofreading the roles list.

If you want to participate, please comment below! I wish you all to have fun playing Mafia: A Star Wars Story :)

Player Roster:

1. Myrmidon Divergent as the Wookie Activist [Third Party] (lynched D3)

2. purplecicada as the Battle Droid [Galactic Empire] (modkilled D3)

3. LykosHand as the Sharpshooter [Galactic Empire] (killed N0)

4. Lord Drakyle as the Scout [Galactic Empire]

5. Jace Stormkirk as the Wookie Sympathizer [Third Party] (lynched D3)

6. Venus as the Dark Trooper [Galactic Empire] (lynched D1)

7. Corso as the Pilot [Galactic Empire] (killed D1)

8. Shadowsusanoo as the Inquisitor [Galactic Empire] (killed N1)

9. DigitalAmber as the Commander [Galactic Empire]

10. Anti_Hero as the Gatling Laser Operator [Galactic Empire] (killed N3)

11. Refty365 as the Mechanic [Galactic Empire]

12. Eviora as the Bounty Huntress [Rebel Alliance] WINS

13. Greninja as the Ion Cannon Operator [Galactic Empire] (modkilled D2)

14. Paul25 as the Ambassador [Rebel Alliance] WINS

15. Megagun as the Backstabber [Rebel Alliance] WINS

16. Alphagar as the Spy [Rebel Alliance] WINS

17. Snowy Amine as the Medic [Galactic Empire]

Edited by Alistair

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Compared to the players who contributed the most in the last games, I rate myself as 1,5/5 for deductions if I'm part of the Empire, 0,5/5 for not-being-busted if I'm part of the rebels. In any case, I have no direct experience of roles, so that's a 0/5 in this regard. Nonetheless, I'm in; I just hope that I don't get an important role, so I don't screw up this may happen regardless of my role

@Corso don't worry, you'll be fine :)

I have only participated in 5 games so far. It's pretty easy to get the basics and participate!

Your role will be randomly chosen, but don't worry, I'm here to help and answer your questions, as Lykos said.

@Anti_Hero sorry =x

I thought about a Jedi role, but it would have been hard to make it suitably powerful without breaking the game. Initially, the Sith Lord role was a loooot more powerful than this... to counter this, I had imagined another very strong role for the Rebel side, but in the end it wouldn't have been a good idea. Too hard to balance things out.

So I mostly stuck to traditional archetypes.

A Jedi role could have been something like "if you choose to protect someone from the sith Lord role during the day cycle, and you chose the person the sith Lord chose, you keep the intended victim alive." Requires some serious deduction/luck, and keeps both sides hidden.