''the savage''?

Kunikunatu

in the lapis ward pokecenter (after the events of e16), there's an old dude who tells you the story of ''the savage''. i thought it was fascinating, but it doesn't sound like anyone we know in-game. is it based on something that happened during the actual reborn league? or is it just a spooky tale?

(also, secondary question: on the old forums there was an archive of the chat logs of the reborn league battles; are they still around or were they deleted with the re-update of the site? thanks!)

The Savage is a reference to someone who participated in the online league, yes. IIRC he eventually did beat the league. 

Unfortunately, all records of the online league were deleted with the site update.

[manually quoting like a moron because the quote button is broken]
The old Hall of Fame thread is actually still there. You can find it here, if you don't mind the lack of formatting. Savage's entry is on there as #5.

You can probably find quite a few things on the Victory Road forum that had their pages removed with the update. Unfortunately, I don't think there's any backup of all the old battle logs. Which were the most interesting parts, really. But some of those old threads are fun to read through. Gardevoir's league recaps, anyone? Edit: Ice threw this one at me just now, too.

Edited by ZEL

He fought and lost to Shade multiple times. Whether he took Shade's position or is trapped somewhere in Victory Road or Charous Pass remains unknown.

In my opinion, we are going to meet some shady figure before our E4 challenge, or have a side quest with him(?).

• Veterans

Long story short, Savage was a challenger to the reborn league in it's first season. He ran a mono water team. One with, if you check it, no way to hit Shedinja for damage. No stealth rocks, no toxic, no nothing. Shade brought Shedinja to their matches and ended up completely walling Savage out for several games. It's been a while since I saw the logs but what I remember is that the game where he won, it ended up coming down to a PP stall war.