Ep 17 prep.

Enigma Shot U

So, It seems that episode 17 is almost upon us. And I'm not sure if I'm ready.

When episode 16 came out I was kind of busy with conspiracy and just did the main stuff, ex. Raid Devon Corp, and beat Adrienn, but that's about it.

I didn't really explore all the new side content, so I was wondering what are some of things I should do or look for outside the main story in episode 16 in preparation for ep 17?

You can explore Azurine Lake and the 2 underwater villages in the middle of it, you can find the entrance to the 2 lighthouses in Coral, you can do Simon's sidequest to get the Toxic TM, the chain sidequest to get the Sanctum key, you can go grab the Dark Material up the waterfall in Iolia Valley, explore the entirety of Ametrine/Citrine if not done yet, you can do the 2 sidequests Zagerth mentioned...

Plenty of things to do, friend!

Look for Dive or Waterfall spots you couldn't use before going to Agate City, especially the ones around Apophyll Beach. Like Zargeth said, the sidequest that first comes to mind is the City Restoration Project. You need to go to the Grand Hall and talk to a person on the counter to donate to one of the projects, and depending which project you donate to, different rewards will be available:

- If you restore the railnet, you get an Assault Vest, a Steelixite and a Togepi egg.

- If you restore the Azurine Center, you get a Chimchar egg. Also, Bulbasaur, Pinsir and Heracross are gonna be found in the grass on Azurine Island.

- If you restore the Obsidia Slums, someone is going to give you a key to a room in the Water Treatment Center. In that room, after a puzzle, you get a Goomy.

There's also the Chrysolia Springs puzzle; you can go to the Tanzan Cove and talk to a fisherman there, and he is gonna give you the Super Rod (that's specially useful, since if you use a Super Rod in Tazan Cove you can find Luvdiscs with Heart Scales); you can "finish" the Magikarp sidequest; there are a few events that give you a starter pokemon (like Treecko, Charmander, Mudkip, Oshawott, etc); there's a sidequest in Ametrine that gives you a Riolu egg, etc. Basically, go exploring everywhere and talk to everyone.

Edited by iDunno

So I got the dark material from iolia and got goomy. (That puzzle tho) Now I'm attempting to find jobs for all the aqua gang bros and nobody wants to work anywhere lol one guy says it's too many people everywhere and another says he needs to be told what to do, I've shown them every application and no luck. Any pointers? Also I heard there's a second dark material somewhere. But where exactly?

• Global Mods
11 minutes ago, Enigma Shot U said:

So I got the dark material from iolia and got goomy. (That puzzle tho) Now I'm attempting to find jobs for all the aqua gang bros and nobody wants to work anywhere lol one guy says it's too many people everywhere and another says he needs to be told what to do, I've shown them every application and no luck. Any pointers? Also I heard there's a second dark material somewhere. But where exactly?

The other Dark Material is at the end of a sidequest chain that starts with finding the Diamond Ring of a girl in the Jasper Ward at the bottom of Azurine Lake. 

Jobs for Aqua Gang

The one who wants to work in a quiet place wants to work at Apophyll

The one who wants to work at a close place with food wants to work at Sweet Co

The Blast Powder seller who mentions an intellectual line of work wants to work at the Beryl Library

4 minutes ago, CynTheSylveon said:

The other Dark Material is at the end of a sidequest chain that starts with finding the Diamond Ring of a girl in the Jasper Ward at the bottom of Azurine Lake. 

Jobs for Aqua Gang

The one who wants to work in a quiet place wants to work at Apophyll

The one who wants to work at a close place with food wants to work at Sweet Co

The Blast Powder seller who mentions an intellectual line of work wants to work at the Beryl Library

Oh okay, she gave me Classified information but Idk where to take that.

And thanks but what about the guy that days he needs to be told what to do? He's on the elevator leading to 7th street and I'm not sure where he needs to go.

• Global Mods
Just now, Enigma Shot U said:

Oh okay, she gave me Classified information but Idk where to take that.

And thanks but what about the guy that days he needs to be told what to do? He's on the elevator leading to 7th street and I'm not sure where he needs to go.

Take the Classified Information to this house in the Peridot Ward: qctSUZmtQsikpRpkl2SfLA.png

Oops, I forgot about the elevator one. He wants a construction job.

Thanks guys. Found the second dark material, and apparently since I went for Goomy instead of upgrading the railnet I have to wait for ep. 17 to finish the job search. Now I'm seeking out Corin Rouge, I have Toxic TM already and I don't too much care for the Lucario unless there's a lucarionite laying around somewhere which I highly doubt. Lol I think I'm ready.

Not-collect-a-ton-wise: I suggest getting something that can handle sand, as we're likely heading into the desert (unless Ame pulls a massive surprise on us). Particularly ground-types might be interesting in case of Hardy or Titania. (e.g. Excadrill is obtainable if you look hard enough.)

2 hours ago, laggless01 said:

Not-collect-a-ton-wise: I suggest getting something that can handle sand, as we're likely heading into the desert (unless Ame pulls a massive surprise on us). Particularly ground-types might be interesting in case of Hardy or Titania. (e.g. Excadrill is obtainable if you look hard enough.)

You're right, I just realized that I don't really have much for Titania or hardy. Well prepared for Saphirra however. All I really have is Krookodile in terms of ground types. May grab that riolu after all. Would get Flygon too but I'm already using one in rejuvenation.

15 hours ago, Enigma Shot U said:

You're right, I just realized that I don't really have much for Titania or hardy. Well prepared for Saphirra however. All I really have is Krookodile in terms of ground types. May grab that riolu after all. Would get Flygon too but I'm already using one in rejuvenation.

Don't forget Amaria, too. I suggest going through the Field Effects and see how to get past them. Mist Mamoswine is something that has saved my butt countless times, for example.

I'd look for specially offensive pokemon preparing for Amaria, in case she battles underwater. Examples include Ludicolo, Lanturn, Vanilluxe (freeze-dry) and so on.

For Titania, as laggless mentioned, you'll need sand-viable pokemon. It's easy to pick from Rock, Ground, and Steel types. Don't forget those with handy abilities like Stoutland and Cacturne. 

For Hardy, you have all the freedom in the world. Given he's 99% going to use the Dragon's Den, pick accordingly.

For... Saphira, you have even more freedom since most pokemon will have been available by then. Invest in ones that become progressively better, than early ones that tend to have limited usage as the game goes on.

Speaking of pokemon good for the next gyms, a Feraligatr with Dragon Dance (breed with Kingdra line)/Ice Punch (tutor)/Waterfall/Filler (Surf for Hardy and Saphira, Dive for Amaria and Superpower (tutor) for Titania are what I would recommend) has an advantageous or neutral matchup against every remaining gym!

-Amaria: set up Dragon Dances on the water surface, bring it under for the sweep.

-Titania: Dragon Dance on all the Steel moves you resist, if she ends up having too many Electric moves just come in on something slow and click Superpower.

-Saphira: has Surf to remove the field, good bulk to survive and actually do so, and Ice Punch to hit hard if it's still alive when the field is gone.

-Hardy: Water > Rock, resists Hardy's main coverage which will be Fire. Easy sweeps are more likely than not!

There are only three badges left and looking at the graphic for the next badge, despite us going into the desert, I really think the next battle is going to be against Amaria. And Titania and Hardy will have a double battle after that. But anything is possible.

Oh Sweety you have to do the side quests. THEY ARE AMAZING!! Tara's side quest, The underground city, The lighthouse...etc

Here are all the sidequests honey.

Edited by Rainlove

18 hours ago, Seel The Deal said:

Snivy is still limited unfortunately :(

Fixed. Thanks. For some reason I thought we got a Snivy (I went for the Goomy). I guess Froakie, Snivy and Torchic are only gonna be obtainable through sidequests in episode 18 or 19, being the most OP starters and all that.

56 minutes ago, Enigma Shot U said:

There are only three badges left and looking at the graphic for the next badge, despite us going into the desert, I really think the next battle is going to be against Amaria. And Titania and Hardy will have a double battle after that. But anything is possible.

There are four left actually. Titania's gym is in the Tourmaline Desert, and we're going after her because of the bracelet (also the Badge, obviously). Hardy's gym is up in Agate City, which is still under the sleeping spell, so it's safe to say we are only battling him in E18.

Also, a few more tips:

- Check out the Mosswater Market in Peridot Ward (if you haven't already). There are really useful Move Tutors there, along with items that help in EV training.

- Max out your cash, either by facing the Indra Clown in the circus or the trainers in the Grand Hall, and spend on useful stuff (medicine, pokeballs, rare candy, common candy, PP ups, EV items, evolution items, Blue Moon Ice Cream, whatever you want), because Ame is going to "fix" that "money issue" on E17. Meaning that we are either gonna get less money from battling, or those battles are gonna be limited.

- It's a good idea to stock up on Rotation Pokemon before the new episode arrives, especially Fire, Ground, Grass, Electric and Dragon types (in Saphira's case).

- Like other people said, try to read the Field Effects to better prepare for the battles. Especially the two Water and the Dragon's Den Field Effects.