Welcome to the Apocalypse - Director's Cut IC

DragonRage

You come to awareness standing in a grand hall, what appears to be an ancient, well-maintained stone castle rising around you, forest green banners adorning the walls.  You look around at the austere decorations, and the distinctly odd-looking beings surrounding you, before a booming voice draws your attention to the front of the room.

"WELCOME, PEONS," An armored figure declares from his throne in the place of honor, partially seated in shadow, "TO CASTLE DOOM.  YOU HAVE BEEN CALLED HERE FOR A PURPOSE.  CREATURES CALLED TRESPASSERS ARE RAVAGING WORLDS ACROSS THE OMNIVERSE.  AS DOOM HAS NO DESIRE TO RULE A SMOKING CRATER, HE HAS DEIGNED TO LEND HIS SUPPORT TO ORGANIZATIONS OPPOSING THIS THREAT.  YOU HAVE BEEN SELECTED AS PART OF A RELIEF FORCE, TO PREPARE AND STRENGTHEN WEAKENED WORLDS THAT THEY MIGHT RESIST TRESPASSER INCURSIONS WITHOUT MORE DIRECT INTERVENTION.  AS DOOM FEELS YOU WILL BE MORE USEFUL INFORMED, AND DOOM'S DIMENSIONAL TELEPORTER REQUIRES FIFTEEN MINUTES MORE TO CHARGE FULLY, YOU MAY REQUEST INFORMATION FROM DOOM NOW."

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aquila was more than a little confused by the present turn of events. It kind of was giving him a headache. Or maybe that was the man shouting at him about weakened worlds and trespassing.

"Not to be rude sir, but could you not shout? It's kind of giving me a headache.... And uh, could you explain what you mean by other worlds?"

"Do these monsters threaten the glory of True Water?" A small glowing pip says in a perfectly vocal tone, closer inspection would reveal them to be some sort of bit of paper, or maybe plastic, arranged in human form.  Such a scrutiny would have to be intense, however, as they barely clear the size of a mosquito.

"Oh never mind that.  They must, or I would not be here.  I retract my question, Oh Doom."

A pause.

"Are all of these worlds filled with such... Large Beings?"

Freya herself sort of... Blinks in confusion for a second, looking around the room with her own panic quickly growing. Where was she? Who were these people? Why did she have her equipment, normally when she was kidnapped she'd have her things taken from her. However, those trains of thought was suddenly interrupted when some guy in a green cloak (and armor) suddenly spoke up, causing Freya to jump slightly when he began to speak and... 'explain' what was going on. 

And it... Kind of confused her.

"Wait, waitwaitwaitwait, what do you mean by Trespassers? What even ARE Trespassers? And other worlds, I was led to believe there was only one? And us being sent as relief forces? And..." Freya suddenly gestures to the other people who were nearby, who she only noticed a few moments prior and not even long enough to look at them closely, "... Why us, specifically?"

Edited by GodofGamingRWBY

Leo rubs his forehead a bit as he becomes aware, the twinge of a headache fading. looking around he sees a few other individuals standing around and coming to, but the one on the throne seems the most relevant. "Could you please explain why you interrupted my nap in more detail, and what a trespasser is?"
A voice erupts from leo's sword, comeing from a speaker, under a shifting metallic eye thing. it sounds female.
"FORGET THAT! where is my android unit!?"
Leo winces at the sudden shouting.
"And uh, that to."

"NO ONE COMMANDS DOOM," The armored man informs the group, "AND DOOM SPEAKS OF COURSE OF THE OMNIVERSE.  THE WORLD OF WORLDS.  IN THE OMNIVERSE, EVERYTHING THAT EVER EXISTED OR WILL EXIST LIES.  WHAT IS ONE UNIVERSE'S FICTION IS ANOTHER'S HISTORY.  WHAT IS ONE UNIVERSE'S ROAD NOT TAKEN IS ANOTHER'S PATH.  IN THIS WAY, THE WORLDS ARE CONNECTED.  THE TRESPASSERS COME FROM THE VOID BETWEEN WORLDS, AND WISH TO CONSUME ALL.  UNLESS THEY ARE STOPPED, THEY WILL CONSUME ALL.  HOWEVER, THIS HUNGER ASIDE, TRESPASSERS ARE VEXINGLY DIFFICULT TO FIND COMMONALITY IN.  LOVECRAFT IS A SERVICEABLE PLACE TO START FOR LESSER INTELLECTS.

"YOU HAVE BEEN CHOSEN BECAUSE DOOM BELIEVES YOU ARE CAPABLE OF ACCOMPLISHING THIS TASK BETTER THAN THE OTHER PEONS DOOM MIGHT FIND ON SHORT NOTICE.  IF YOU BELIEVE DOOM MISTAKEN, DOOM HAS NOT YET SUPPLIED HIS TIGER PIT WITH FOOD TODAY.  HM.  DOOM HAS ENSURED YOU BROUGHT ALL THE EQUIPMENT YOU REQUIRE, BUT IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF A ROBOT DOOM MIGHT BE PERSUADED TO SUPPLY A DOOMBOT.  DOOM IS GENEROUS."

"Well, this guy looks friendly and not at all like a supervillain."

"Opal, be quiet, we don't even know what's happening yet!"

"Oh, calm down, Lucine. Nobody this showy is going to be practical enough to be threatening to us working together."

"Opal, please, please cut it out!"

"What's he gonna do? That typical 'make an example of the dissenter' thing?' Bah."

"Seriously, cut it out or we could get in a lot of trouble!"

"I highly doubt it. There's no way-"

"I said shut up!"

whump followed by the young girl in the jeans and slightly sparkly tee toppling over forwards after putting a bit too much into swinging her backpack downward at what appeared to be a slightly iridescent rectangular winged box floating in front of her face, causing both of them to topple over onto the tiles in front of them. Rather than standing up, the girl stayed hunched over the backpack, muffled protests leaking out from beneath it, her long, bright cyan hair failing to conceal a flush and an expression rapidly approaching terror.

"Well I guess I don't NEED my full arsenal and golem army. I would like to study one of these Doombots though. Any technology I could apply to my golems is something I would like to look at."
"LOOK HERE! MY UNIT IS CUSTOM DESGINED FOR MY PERSONAL USE AND I-"
"Its ALRIGHT snow, ill make you another. Its not like your unit was complete anyways"
The sword makes a pouting sound, before conceding. 
"Fine but it had better be the best thing you've ever made, you got that!?"

One moment, Nader Jabal had been happily maintaining his guns in his house in Forenia City, cleaning the large weapons as he stood there in his wonderful, protective Rabid Tiger Armor, in a state of utter relaxation safe in the knowledge that his armor and the traps that he'd set around the house would keep him practically impervious from any threats. The next...

A six foot tall figure was one of the ones to suddenly come to awareness in the middle of the hall, their entire body concealed by a set of armor, semi-modern-looking infantry plate armor of blue color and red trim with gun-mounting rails on the arms, with a mask that looked almost like a gas mask but without the nozzle, instead with just some small holes in the front, and with glass lenses covering his eyes. It made it almost impossible to tell if the person within was a human, an alien, or some kind of robot or construct, but potential confusion was probably abated when the armored figure let out a series of panicked breaths and gasps before, in a distinctly human, adult, and male voice (with a mess of a vaguely-Arabic accent) he shouted at the top of his lungs, only somewhat muffled by his mask: "WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!"

The figure also had a pile of guns cradled in his arms, a rifle with a scope, a significantly longer (a five-foot barrel, in fact) gun, and a literal machine gun (albeit tripodless), a fourty pound pile of armaments that he was now both trying not to drop onto the ground and that he was trying to shift into a maybe-vaguely usable position... but given that was a fourty pound pile of three guns, he wasn't having a lot of luck with this, taking in panicked breaths and rapidly shuffling the weapons around as he fumbled them.

If Freya seemed bothered at the threat of being food for some tigers, it didn't show as she paused in thought, "Hm... That makes a bit of sense... Sounds completely insane but... Eh, I've dealt with worse..." Freya muttered to herself, slowly accepting the fact that there were entirely different worlds that just... Existed. Kinda gave her the thought of meeting another Freya... That would be fun.

It was at this moment that Freya truly looked at the others in the group of "people" she had been summoned with, and... She was rather surprised, to be honest. Everyone looked... Really, REALLY fricking otherwordly, with their weird outfits and whatnot, but what got her attention the most was a large guy (reaaally large, to be exact) who was holding some... Weird items in his arms, and looked like he was about to have a panic attack. Which is exactly why Freya suddenly stepped in front of him, giving him a small wave to try and get his attention (he might've looked over her, she had to make sure he saw her),

"Well, from what I understand, the 'fuck' that is going on is that we've been dragged from our worlds, brought here, told that we're supposed to be helping OTHER worlds prepare to fight some big freaky things called Trespassers that want to eat everything. Kinda psychotic, buuuut, I can't disprove it here so I'm just going along for now. For the record, I only learned this like... 10 seconds ago, buuuuuuuuuuut thankfully, Mr. Doom here is clearing things up for us!" Freya explained, gesturing to the throne Doom sat upon as she finished, "Soooo, there's no reason to... Well, I suppose there IS a reason to be freaked out by all this, but it miiight be good to take some deep breaths and calm down, otherwise you might get throne into a lion pit. I think, at least"

Edited by GodofGamingRWBY

"HA!  HA!  HA!  DOOM IS NO MERE SUPERVILLAIN," Doctor Doom informs the group, "DOOM STANDS ABOVE THOSE PETTY CRIMINALS AND SHORT-SIGHTED FOOLS.  AND DOOM NEVER REPEATS HIMSELF.  DOOM IS CERTAIN THAT YOU HEARD AND UNDERSTOOD HIS WORDS, NADER.  THE ENCHANTMENTS UPON DOOM'S THRONE ENSURE IT."

From a compartment in the arm of his throne, Doctor Doom pulls out a deck of cards and shuffles them with casual ease.  Lucine and Opal might think they look kind of familiar because holy crap those are all class cards what the heck?!  With some arcane gestures and what even their under-developed senses recognise as a ton of mana being manipulated with the skill of a master, the armored man conjures a simple, steel round shield from one of the cards and tosses it to clatter at Aquila's feet.  "A SHIELD?  SUCH IS CHILD'S PLAY FOR DOOM."

Edited by DragonRage

Nader's panic was not abated by the fact that suddenly some girl jumped in front of him out of nowhere and started babbling at him -- in fact, he jumped a full couple of feet backwards with a clanging noise (the guns bouncing as he did), shouting a "FUCK!" as the girl very quickly startled the man, "OH ALLAH," he continued, and then DOOM himself spoke directly at him. "I KNOW, I HEARD, BUT WHAT THE FUCK, THIS IS ALL IMPOSSIBLE, AND I SHOULD BE IN MY NICE, SECURE HOUSE! Fuck, no, this is a hallucination, isn't it?! Shit! It hasn't been that bad since 1935! Wait, and if it isn't, how the hell do you know my name?!" The scoped rifle, Nader's smallest gun, slipped out of his arms, and drew another "FUCK!" as he tried to arrest it between his legs, eventually slowly falling to a kneeling position with his guns clattering onto the floor. "Ah, damn it all!" He proceeded to start to try to attach the extra-long rifle to one of the rails of his armor, onto his upper arm.

While a part of Alan had wanted to try and find out more about the situation earlier, that part soon found itself becoming repurposed as he realized that a real life DOOMBOT would potentially be worth as much as an actual series of answers if they still had DOCTOR DOOM's up to date memories. This is why he immediately made his presence known to everyone around him by saying the words "Were you at all serious when you stated that you would be willing to grant us the aid of a DOOMBOT?". In a low and yet distinctive tone of voice that made him seem to be whispering directly in your ear.

"Fueeeh? But, how, the only ways to get those are to use a Grail to summon them! Uhhh, I mean, um. . ." She scrambled to her feet and backed up several of the other kind of feet in the process, releasing the floating box apparently known as Opal. The. . . whatever it was. . . seemed content with the amount of trouble it had caused. Or it was biding its time. Only Opal knew. Regardless, the girl threw her best interpretation of a curtsy despite not actually having a skirt in his general direction. "Sorry, mister Doom sir, Opal has some glitches in his personality that we couldn't ever figure out how to get rid of. . ." The glitched personality in question irritably bumped into the back of Lucine's head, something which she steadfastly ignored. She pushed her hair back along the side of her face, only for it to immediately fall back into its previous position. "Umm, I don't think-" she stopped and took a breath, remembering the threat of large striped felids - "uhh, those cards would be really helpful to me if I could get one. If that's okay, mister Doom. If not that's fine, just don't feed me to tigers.

"You could effortlessly wipe a tiger from existence with my help."

"Please stop making comments like that-!"

"I would like to point out, if we get a doom bot, I would probably be taking it apart, to study and use its parts in other systems. So if you want one for your own reasons, we may need more then one...actually. Uh. doom is it? Could I maybe get some blueprints and documentation to go with it?"

"THESE ARE BUT TRIFLES TO DOOM," The armored dictator waves his hand, and two identical robots march over to the group.  Each one is a vaguely skeletal machine, its face sculpted after Doctor Doom's own mask and clad in a green cloak identical to his own.  One of them hands Lucine a thick, metal-edged card on its way past.  "DOOM HAS TAKEN THE LIBERTY OF REMOVING ANY INFORMATION YOUR MINDS ARE NOT READY FOR FROM THE DOOMBOTS' MEMORY BANKS.  YOU MAY EXPRESS YOUR GRATITUDE NOW.

"IMPOSSIBLE?  YOU CONTINUE TO AMUSE DOOM, MOSKURGIAN.  ONLY TWO THINGS ARE IMPOSSIBLE FOR DOOM.  AND THIS IS NEITHER KNITTING NOR DEFEATING SQUIRREL GIRL IN BATTLE."

"Uh... thank you?"
He goes over to one of the robots and brings his left arm up infront of him, the wrist mounted screen lighting up, before more screens and a keyboard are holographicaly projected, a pale translucent blue. "Snow, would you please see if you can get a connection established with this one?" 
"Ill try." snow then proceeds to mumble under her breath about "Stupid metal faced robots and there stupid owner" while she works on getting into the systems. Leo seems to be working on it to, typing into the keyboard.

A large purple skinned lizard-man?  With metal plate like armor on his shoulders, arms, and ankles.  He rose up from the ground to a hunched height of over seven feet and then spoke in a low growling hiss-like tone.

"What...what is the meaning of putting me in this...this giant box?"

He started to look around at the other people in the room with a somewhat worried or frantic expression on his face.

"With so many of these SkyFallers and LandBurners?"  as he says the last part he glares menacingly at Nader and Aquila, the two most near him armored people.

Nadine pushed her hair back on the opposite side of her head, to much the same (lack of) result. "Um, thank you, mister Doom." She somewhat belatedly realized she hadn't introduced herself, and opened her mouth before deciding that the robots and all the weird people were freaking her out and that he seemed to know who she was already. The card was somewhat unceremoniously stuffed into the pocket of her jeans, as Lucine herself slowly started to shrink away from the remainder of the group - only to bump her head against Opal again, who had remained frustratingly immobile.

Nader put his hands on his knees for a moment after he finished attaching the long gun, the Horsekiller 1935R, to his left arm (which was at a real awkward angle to let him grab his knee), taking a couple of deep breaths and trying to calm down. "Okay, okay, this can't be a hallucination, hallucinations don't last this long... either this is real or I have finally gone and totally snapped... Allah, this is bad, this is..." Nader had to take a couple of moments to try and breathe to some semblance of calmness, which mostly just amounted to him stopping his yelling and starting to attach his machine gun to his other arm, putting the straps around his body where they needed to go.

He looked up and saw the lizard-man and his menacing glare, and he yelped again, jumping a couple of inches into the air and pointing his Horsekiller arm at the lizard, with his finger outstretched to point at the lizard-man. "If you try anything, I am a paranoid man with many guns, and I swear on Forenia that I would put a .60 cal into you!"  He dropped his arm, took another couple of deep breaths, and continued attaching the Sorraia machine gun, muttering to himself as he calmed himself down. "Okay... alright... this is probably real then. Damn. It is almost as if, hah, this is the end of the Wands Race books... gah. Raafat would call me insane, though, and he wrote them... but, again, he might not be wrong. Hnn..."

Edited by Powder Miner

Alan had pulled out his cyberdeck by the time that the DOOMBOTS were unveiled, and with a rather large amount of key strokes he ordered his heavily armed drone to crawl its way towards one of the pair before it emitted the sound of Alan's voice to tell it to "Follow me". He would then look up at the surprisingly charitable Doctor before he said "Much appreciated DOCTOR DOOM. Your donation will surely help us accomplish our shared goal of not dying horribly while we try to save the world".