Recommend me a team :D

VitaniDaReal

So yeah, after beating the pupeteers on normal and the subsequent quests. I'm willing to for an intense run.

Don't know what to go for so I'll lay down my personal preferences.

A fire type, A water type, an electric type, a grass type and the other two slots can be anything.

What should I use :)

How about Delphox, Crawdaunt (don't forget aqua jet), Magneton/Vikavolt, Tsareena, Crobat, and Lycanroc (Day)?

Honorable mentions: shadow vanillite that gets will-o-wisp, diggersby, salazzle, swampert, heracross, breloom

Well first I am going to be frank, I would like to recommend that you ditch the grass type as it's very redundant with the combination of water and electric. Water like grass is super effective againist rock/ground while electric is good againist water which doesn't leave a niche for grass. However if you really want that grass type, then at least try to go for one that has dark, fairy, fighting or ground as it's sub type. Now you can ignore this, but doing so will make your run harder.

Aside from that, I highly recommend that you add the following types to your team: Fighting, ground, fairy and dark. I also recommend that you add one of the following two types which are poison and steel. My reasons for this are as followed. Fighting is the only type that is super effective against normal pokemon. Ground is the only typing that is super effective againist electric pokemon. Fairy is super effective to both fighting and dragon pokemmon, both of which are very powerful. Dark type pokemon are one of the only two types that is super effective againist ghost and the only one of those two options that also resists it. Also useful againist psychic pokemon. As for steel and poison, those types are the only ones that are super effective against fairy type  pokemon.

21 hours ago, V for Vendetta said:

For the electric type I suggest Alolan Raichu, Manectric, or Magnezone

Fire type Id suggest Salazzle or Arcanine.

Thanks! I was thinking about Arcanine for fire type. Also Is Manectric only accessible after GDC?

21 hours ago, mario98 said:

for grass im using vileplume and its pretty good, although you dont get a lot of poison moves, so you may want bellosom

I considered this but I absolutely dislike its subpar speed. Regarding poison type moves, you get access sludge bomb and sludge wave when you get magma drift :)

21 hours ago, Zargerth said:

Here's a little twist: use only mons that evolve via Stones (as in Fire, Water, Leaf Stone etc.)

Some of them are handy, but the list of said mons isn't that large anyway so I'd rather widen my search scope :)

19 hours ago, Octavius said:

How about Delphox, Crawdaunt (don't forget aqua jet), Magneton/Vikavolt, Tsareena, Crobat, and Lycanroc (Day)?

Honorable mentions: shadow vanillite that gets will-o-wisp, diggersby, salazzle, swampert, heracross, breloom

Thanks! I'll keep these close in mind :)

19 hours ago, SilverHelio said:

Magmortar, Sharpedo, Vikavolt, Serperior w/contrary, Snorlax, Yveltal if you want legends, if not Crobat.

Heh, can you even catch Yvetal? Nice suggestions btw :)

5 hours ago, Katia said:

Well first I am going to be frank, I would like to recommend that you ditch the grass type as it's very redundant with the combination of water and electric. Water like grass is super effective againist rock/ground while electric is good againist water which doesn't leave a niche for grass. However if you really want that grass type, then at least try to go for one that has dark, fairy, fighting or ground as it's sub type. Now you can ignore this, but doing so will make your run harder.

Aside from that, I highly recommend that you add the following types to your team: Fighting, ground, fairy and dark. I also recommend that you add one of the following two types which are poison and steel. My reasons for this are as followed. Fighting is the only type that is super effective against normal pokemon. Ground is the only typing that is super effective againist electric pokemon. Fairy is super effective to both fighting and dragon pokemmon, both of which are very powerful. Dark type pokemon are one of the only two types that is super effective againist ghost and the only one of those two options that also resists it. Also useful againist psychic pokemon. As for steel and poison, those types are the only ones that are super effective against fairy type  pokemon.

I actually ended up dropping electric instead (only actually kept a zebraika because of lightning rod and only until Erick). Why? Discharge effs up my own team in double fights and volt switch is absolutely terrible for the fight you have to go through to get it.

Ground Type: I had a Camerupt with me on my normal run. Ended up helping more than I expected even with it's awful speed/defenses

Fighting Type: I had a Hariyama on the side waiting to sub in should I ever needed him. Was never part of my stamem because I had already a camerupt bringing the whole team down in the speed department.

Fairy: I kept a Ribombee close with me at all times because I thought she would help at the 10th badge. Ended fighting flora instead lol :P

Dark: Yes and no. The only times dark type moves can shine, the field cripples them. It might be okay for the resistances but the amount of mons randomly showing up with superpower is disturbingly high to even bother with this.

Thanks for helping me out with ideas :)

1 hour ago, VitaniDaReal said:

Heh, can you even catch Yvetal? Nice suggestions btw :)

My bad, I was thinking of another game while I said that. Sorry about that. It'd be better if you went with Crobat.

41 minutes ago, VitaniDaReal said:

Really? Where?

I recall Manectric being in my team during the time of Narcissa's gym, so I believe you can obtain Electrike/Manectric sometime before this.

water froakie -starter

fire-cindaquil or arcanine or the egg you receive as a reward if you pick a water starter

electric-shinx or elekid i will personaly go with elekid cuz is much better then a luxray 

grass-i only think about rowlet and roserade is good to 

5th slot-noivern(but its hard to evolve soo is your choice) tyruntrum (also your choice) sylvaly 

6th slot-ralts 

good luck chosing your team =)

I've compiled a list some of my favorite Pokemon from Reborn Hardcore and Intense Rejuvenation.

Spoiler

My Iconic Trio:

Charizard:

- Sunny Day

- Air Slash

- Hidden Power Grass / Whatever

- Magma Drift

OR

Typhlosion:

- Eruption

- Hidden Power Grass / Extrasensory / Whatever

- Nature Power