GS BALL

Another ep17 question...

Of course, it isn't the infamous "when" (because i actually know the answer to that already :P )... But another thing that bothers me...

Anyone who knows for certain... Will we be able, in ep17, to capture both normal and alolan forms, of relevant pokemon? (ex can we catch both ground Cubone and fire/ghost Cubone?)

In my opinion, I'm at least certain that we will get to capture both Alolan and Normal pokemon at distinct places. It might be possible that they would appear at the same place alternatively during day and night. We may be get the chance to evolve some normal pokemon to Alolan pokemon at some specific places as well. But, who knows what will happen? Only Ame knows that.

And that example as far as I'm concerned, I don't think that there aren't any Alolan cubone instead it is a normal cubone which wolves into that too.

• Upvote 1

Well for Cubone, Ame might make an item that the Cubone has to hold in order to evolve into A. Marowak or we'll have to use a Fire Stone or level it up to 28 and it'll evolve into one of its forms depending on if it's day or night.

This is kind of a silly question. Think about Rejuvenation and Spork and how they have Gen VII Pokemon. Who do you think they got that from? The Reborn team are the ones who made it so yes you will be able to get them all...except Ash Greninja.

• Sad 1

Knowing Ame we'll probably have to complete some Expert level puzzle to get the better Alolan forms like Geodude and Vulpix. Cubone you'll most likely just have to level it up during night time to get the Ghost Marowak.

@Commander Sorry to correct you, but Ash-Greninja isn't an alolan form. It's Tauros shit

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Enigma Shot U said:

Knowing Ame we'll probably have to complete some Expert level puzzle to get the better Alolan forms like Geodude and Vulpix. Cubone you'll most likely just have to level it up during night time to get the Ghost Marowak.

I think she would make the alolan vulpix easy to reach in case she forget the solution to her own puzzle. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, FairFamily said:

I think she would make the alolan vulpix easy to reach in case she forget the solution to her own puzzle. 

True. Also to say Alolan VUlpix is one of the better ones is kinda false, as Alolan Ninetales really only works well on Ice Teams. Grimer will most likely be a hard puzzle in Byxbision tho.

2 hours ago, Wolfox said:

True. Also to say Alolan VUlpix is one of the better ones is kinda false, as Alolan Ninetales really only works well on Ice Teams. Grimer will most likely be a hard puzzle in Byxbision tho.

I think A-Ninetails works fairly well as a suicide lead to set up Aurora Veil before switching to a set up pokemon or to reset the weather before switching to another weather setter (politoad/m-charizard/ninetails/tyranitar)

2 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Alola-Ninetales is one of the best alola mons and doesn't need teammates that like Hail

Snow Warning + Aurora Veil is strong

Cubone could evolve into Alolan Marowak if it levels up after level 28 while holding a Soul Candle.

#Giving_Ame_Ideas_She_Prolly_Has_Already_Thought_Of

Edited by Jess

I think the Alolan-Vulpix might have a puzzle in which you see Ame's soul somewhere, or someone will give it as a Ame's heritage. Did you guys see the Episode 16 part in which the Lin's Hydreigon kills her Alolan-Ninetales and cut her head? So that's what I'm predicting.

39 minutes ago, Hooligan said:

I think the Alolan-Vulpix might have a puzzle in which you see Ame's soul somewhere, or someone will give it as a Ame's heritage.

Even if the event doesn't have something with Ame's soul, I hope the A-Vulpix (or egg) is a late gift from in-game @Amethyst.  It just feel thematic that way.

Edited by seki108
  • Like 1

I mean, it's a in-game gift, not a gift coming from her. Did you see that Alolan-Ninetales appeared before launching Gen 7 into the game? That's a rumor I'm thinking about, because they cut Ame's head. So, Wynaut?

9 hours ago, GS BALL said:

Of course, it isn't the infamous "when" (because i actually know the answer to that already :P )... But another thing that bothers me...

And whats the answer to that question? Just got back from a hiatus like a week ago.

6 hours ago, ArmoredGuardian said:

And whats the answer to that question? Just got back from a hiatus like a week ago.

Well, it was partially spoiled, from dev blog. We got presented with the new phases of testing and we got told that approximately, each phase will last  roughly 1 week, contrary to old testing phases (that used to last 2). Without the AI complications that need reworking and suddenly arose as errors and bugs, recently, game was speculated to hit us on late/end October. Now, it might take until middle November at least. But certainly, much earlier than December. Unless, me talking, will take the release date back two months, whoops...

Well, about the other answers, thanks for the suggestions! I stopped Rejuvenation early (Reborn caused me a serious issue, i can't find the will to play ANY other pokemon fangame), i haven't played Spork, so i didn't know how they handle the availability of either or both, Alolan and normal forms. I was also hoping to get some inside info/confirmation, but i bet they are working full time on those complications... We must have ALL forms available somehow, though, one way or the other. Even with events, puzzles, etc, that's perfectly fine (and even better).

Seriously, though and since it was mentioned above, Rejuvenation for instance, how does it handle Alolan VS Normal forms? I haven't played past Venam... We start finding an Alolan Rattata early and a Normal Geodude. Are later Normal Rattata and Alolan Geodude available, as well?

Edited by GS BALL

10 hours ago, lifesapity said:

I think A-Ninetails works fairly well as a suicide lead to set up Aurora Veil before switching to a set up pokemon or to reset the weather before switching to another weather setter (politoad/m-charizard/ninetails/tyranitar)

This is true, yet it shines best on a pure hail team.

10 hours ago, Paperblade said:

Alola-Ninetales is one of the best alola mons and doesn't need teammates that like Hail

Snow Warning + Aurora Veil is strong

Well, it is 4x weak to steel, on a non-hail team you damage your own mons over time. It's not a mon that you can just throw into your team randomly, it's a mon you build your team around or you use in a team which it can support. Hence why alola forms like Muk, Exeggutor to an extent, Marowak, Golem and Dugtrio do outshine it. It's by no means a bad mon, don't get me wrong, but it really only shines brightly on an Ice team. If only Gamefreak had made it's first ability Refrigerate...

Alola Forms -- Reborn

Speculation for their encounters included.

Raichu-A

Electric Psychic

Surge Surfer

Power Rank: ##

Encounter: Pikachu evolution inside Citae Arc D'Astrae

Sandshrew-A / Sandslash-A

Ice/Steel

Snow Cloak /// Slush Rush

Encounter: Citrine BF3, event linked with Serra

Vulpix-A / Ninetales-A

Ice/Fairy

Snow Cloak /// Snow Warning

Power Rank: ####

Encounter: event after Ame's ... appearance

Digglet-A / Dugtrio-A

Ground/Steel

Sand Veil, Tangling Hair /// Sand Force

Power Rank: ###

Encounter: event in Apophyl that needs Strength

Meowth-A / Persian-A

Dark

Fur Coat, Technitian /// Rattled

Encounter: Vanhannen Labyrinth

Geodude-A / Graveler-A / Golem-A

Rock/Electric

Magnet Pull, Sturdy /// Galvanize

Encounter: Railway System, event in 7th street's power supply, Route 2

Grimer-A / Muk-A

Poison/Dark

Poison Touch, Gluttony /// Power of Alchemy

Power Rank: ####

Encounter: gift by Lana (Cain's old Grimer)

Exeggutor-A

Grass/Dragon

Frisk /// Harvest

Encounter: trade in Agate Circus, Route 3 (new map, since Routes 3 and 4 aren't really memorable)

Marowak-A

Fire/Ghost

Cursed Body, Lightningrod /// Rock Head

Power Rank: #####

Encounter: event in the desert, new Cubone sidequest

Ratata-A / Raticate-A

Dark/Normal

Gluttony, Hustle /// Thick Fat

Power Rank: #

Encounter: Alleys (obsidia, lapis)

I feel we're going to get a second rendition of Corey's pokemon, but with Ame. We already have her Absol, now we need her Vulpix. Anyway, I have an idea for AGrimer. It's supposedly a clean version of normal Grimet so maybe the water treatment plant after we remove Meteor bloodstains, save the place, or in Neo Reborn City's water. All this Grimer in the water had to adapt somehow.