Do you want a romance story in Pokemon Rejuvination?

MeliaFan

Do you want a Romance story in pokemon Rejuvination?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a romance story between Melia & the MC in Pokemon Rejuvination?

• Yes
    • No

I don't think it's necessary, but if it's part of the game it should definitely be a choice for the player and not something Melia forces onto the player. I also think the player should have a choice of others girls too. There seem to be quite a few of them and they're all pretty interesting. It's pretty hard to choose between Melia, Venam, Aelita, Saki, Amber, etc. so it'd be interesting if the player could make choices to earn their affection and turn friendship into love? It's probably complicated to program and completely unnecessary, but it'd still be a nice option. Naturally, any MC gender option should be able to do it as well.

Like I've said the last few times, romance a good option, as long as you aren't forced to as part of the main story.   I'll also reiterate MC x Venam x Melia is OTT.

@Hooligan  There's no dialogue differences with anyone depending on character, so I don't see how it wouldn't work. 

It's also definitely easy to ship Venam and Melia later on.  They would be my OTP for this game, and the one to make the most sense.

Edited by seki108

(Sees COGA Activity is down before looking at this and quietly places Romance at the top of the list)

I'm not going to go into the full on explanation this time because it's a long, long explanation and really hard to explain without people's heads slightly spinning around and offending a few people. The short version of this is that adding a romance, especially for Melia, is a very, very bad idea. Melia shows many characteristics of the typical Mary Sue to the point it is safe to classify her as one. So the thing about Mary Sues is that they tend to have a romance with a very important character...usually for little to no reason...and our protag has 0 character. If you can't put it together, it's not something that will end well writing wise as neither character has much room to develop. Anything beyond that is just merely fan-service with the only point is to deliver content to please a small group of fans which a good game developer focuses more on their vision over pleasing people.

Romance in rejuvenation?

I don't see why not honestly, it seems like a pretty fun concept I don't know who'd I'd ship the MC with he just seems like the ultimate homie tbh. I like the idea of the squad and having friendship points that you (if one was to have enough points) could progress into a relationship or if you're not looking for that then just having a really powerful friendship is kinda clean. I'd call it doing the Persona way. As for Melia in particular, hard pass personally. I don't dislike her character, but she seems pretty cemented with Venam after the latest update, she's not wifey material in my extremely humble opinion, and most importantly HER CHAKRAS AREN'T ALIGNED. Honestly, if I'd have the MC wife anyone it'd probably be Valerie or Crescent because they seem like the only ones really prepared or mature enough to deal with any kind of romantic entanglement as is.

@MeliaFan And then you'll alienate some people, since silent protagonist is the tradition.  While some games can pull off player dialogue (what I've seen of Legends of the Arena), others make you wish the idea never came up (what I've played of Mega Evolution Adventure).  Most would rather not role that dice just for the sake of improving optional romance (not to mention re-writes to the beginning).

It would be a nice addition but not for rejuvenation. We're already about 75% into the game and to add a romance option now would just be a waste of time energy and resources that can be put into other more important things.

Also, while the game has a plethora of interesting female characters (Aelita, Erin, Saki) There aren't too many notable male characters, so this would be a huge issue for people not interested in romancing a female.

11 hours ago, MeliaFan said:

@Commander What if the MC actually had dialogue? not sure why that hasn't been done yet, but it could make it slightly better.

Did you miss the whole comment where I said Melia was a Mary Sue? It's also not a simple fix like having the protag talk. It's kind of so much trouble Jan would be better off starting from scratch to include a well done one.