Project Zenith!

Greetings!
About time I do something with this account...now you may recall seeing my profile mentioning something about showing off development of a fan-game of my own.
I have decided to start making progresses in development public! While I would prefer not to advertise my project on traditional media sites such as Twitter or Tumblr due to how...fearful I am of Nintendo, I may consider it if the community on here shows enough interest for it.
This is my first attempt at actually going through with development of a fan-game, and not just working on it in secrecy and mentioning it to a few friends.
I have dabbled in the process of idea-development. A lot. A lot. I've been drawing since I was three years old, and if there is one good thing I could say about myself it's that I have a creative imagination. However, it's time to see if I can prove that to be true.
The name of my fan-game is Pokemon Zenith. Through various ditched ideas and plots I've gone through over the years now, I have mixed the best ideas leftover from those along with adding plenty of new material to the table. I don't want to give too much away just yet, but I can give a general synopsis of the story at the end of this post.
This game of mine is rather early in development, if you can even call it development at this point. The things I have focused on first and foremost are the creation of the characters. Character creation has always been my passion, and now that I have a stable story and (what I consider to be) unique characters to tie it together, I am more confident to proceed forward with the project.
As of now, major/important characters have trainer sprites for all of them, with VS sprites, backsprites, and overworld sprites currently in the works.
As for what will come after that, I have thought about creating the game's map.
Now, the less I have to go back and edit elements that are set in stone the better. Although, I need to have something presentable at first before I go reaching out for possible assistance. This is my creation, and I would like to prove myself to the Pokemon fan-game community. Why do I mention all of this?
Well, if I'm going to be honest with you, dear reader, I'm not skilled in all areas of sprite-work. Backgrounds, the sprites for the Pokemon themselves, and the logo for the game I would be less-skilled at making.

EDIT: Thank you all so much for the feedback on the idea of Fakemon implementation. Both on the site and off. Generally it seems people think it would be wiser for me to not pursue this and put it in my game, so I'll instead be focusing on the canon Pokemon and new Mega Evolutions for them.

This all accumulates to me creating this topic, so I may show off the development of my project to give examples of the passion I feel for developing my own story. It is so I could have something to present, even if I do not have a playable demo/version yet.
So if this story synopsis that shall follow, or any other element of this post interests you, I'd appreciate it to the highest degree if you stuck around for what's to come. While schoolwork does occupy me, and I obviously need time to just relax and screw around, I'd like to make Pokemon Zenith a reality for you to play.
Thanks for reading this long-winded thing here. So, without further ado, I'll end this post with a brief story synopsis of Pokemon Zenith.

A region separated into districts, disputes among Gym Leaders and likewise figures, a feeling of something sinister going on in the shadows,
and a regular shut-in dork somehow in the middle of it.

Pokemon Zenith is set in this world, where a war centuries ago split the region into districts. While the leaders of these districts get along, live in peace, and allow passage between them, something has gone awry. Gym leaders are in disputes, gangs are making the streets a dangerous place, morals and ethics are being questioned by the public...
Worst of all, the gym leader who served as a type of peacekeeper is currently out of commission, unable to distinguish the flames of chaos.
So it is up to you, yes you, the total nerd to step up to the plate and take matters into your own hands.
You'll make friends along the way, similar souls who will help you in your quest to restore the peace. So, what are you waiting for? Hop on your motorcycle and hit the road!
However, be careful of what hides in the background. A nagging feeling of uneasiness may be the sign for you to watch your back, and not be so keen on trusting just anyone.

Your worst enemies may be hiding in plain sight.

Zenith Teaser Poster (Small).png

Edited by Darisprites
An update to what I will be focusing on, Fakemon implementation will be discarded as many readers have recommended!

Is that a Magearna I spy in the background? Approved

In regards to reaching out for assistance, the community here is great; nine times out of ten you'll be able to find people that are willing to offer advice on any issues that you're having.

Looking forward to seeing what you can do!

I don't think using Uranium's pokemon would be a good idea. I know they are pretty well made and stuff, but if you use them, it would feel kinda off to me. You see, by using uranium's best feature, their fakemon, I think it instantly puts a ceiling to your game. People will believe that you are trying to make a copy of uranium... and a copy usually is inferior to the original.

As I see from your sprite work on the trainers, I totally believe that you have what it takes to create your own fakemon. They don't have to be perfect at the beginning ( I believe uranium remade most of their pokemon after the first release) but by constantly working, you can improve them.

If you have something to present and get the attention of other members here, many would be willing to help you.

In my opinion, the power that fakemon offer is that the player will be able to use pokemon he/she has never used before... So if you include fakemon already used in an other fangame... you won't get their full advantage.

But that's just my opinion. Keep working hard! I will be keeping an eye to your project :)