Preparing for E17.

KindleofDreams

Hey everyone, 

Its Magenta again. I almost have my entire Dex filled for the E16 episode so thats going great. Figured it was better to create a new post because otherwise its going to be a big mess.

So now I'm preparing for E17. I know we will have a Steel + Water Gym ahead, + 2 more, I forgot which two typings are left. Rock and something else? Oh Sapphira?

I have a few pokemons prepared. I want a general rate for them. 

Assume that their IV's / EV's are properly done. Its mostly a movepool thing.

"Main Team"

Blaziken @ Black Belt - Speed Boost.

Bulk Up

Sky Uppercut

Flare Blitz

Thunderpunch 

I only have gotten Blaziken just pre Adrienn, however the cheezyness of Speedboost makes him really strong.

Metagross @ no item - Clear Body

Meteor Mash

Bullet Punch

Zen Headbutt

ThunderPunch

This thing practically solo'd Adrienn + I think he will be a good mon vs Titania / Rock Leader. 

Archeops @ no item - Defeatist 

Rock Slide

U-turn

Crunch

Acrobatics 

Its a strong pokemon so far, but I'm not sure how usefull it will be for the upcoming gyms.

If we get a TM like Earthquake it might become more handy for the upcoming Gyms but otherwise I think I'll have to find a replacement. 

Swampert @ Hard Rock - Damp

Waterfall

Rock Slide

Protect

Earthquake

This thing just ruins the game. Has been the best starter pick I had. Will be very usefull for Titania / Rock gym. 

Volcorona @ Leftovers - Magma Body

Heat Wave

Quiver Dance

Bug Buzz

Hidden power Water 

Could be very strong for Titania, though I doubt Volcorona will be helpfull for the other gyms. So I might replace this after Titania for something else.

Ninetails @ Heatrock - Drought

Extrasensory

Heat Wave

Confuse Ray

Solarbeam 

This thing breaks things single handedly. The added benefit of changing the weather + boosting my Volcorona / Blaziken is just very strong. Especially if i.e Volcorona + Ninetails are throwing Heatwaves like its nothing.

I'm hoping she will be usefull against Titania and Possibly even against Amaria/ Rock leader (I'm expecting Drizzle/Rain and Sandstorm things to happen).

Tyrantrum @ Life Orb - Strong Jaw

Earthquake

Rock Slide

Crunch

Dragon Claw

I never imagined this being so strong as it is. I think I could tweak him a little more but he could potentially be quite usefull against Titania. 

Having acces to elemental Fangs is also a bonus.

Bisharp @ no item - Defiant 

Iron Head

Sword Dance

Night Slash

False swipe (used to be suckerpunch but idiot that I am, I didn't realize I couldnt relearn it)  / Other move 

Mainly used for catching pokemon at the moment, however he's still a strong component of my team. Set up a sword dance and he sweeps. 

-----------

I'm open to changes on even the main team but I know for Certain a few of these are quite usefull for Titania, but apart from that I have to re-evaluate.

As I said I have pretty much completed the pokédex right now so I can get any pokemon I need. So if you think pokemon X would be good for the upcoming gyms or my team let me know so I know what to work on!

That said, I also have a few benchmarked pokemon ready to be potentially used.

The Bench

Goodra @ Assault Vest - Hydration ( Sp.atk variant)

Dragon Pulse

Muddy Water

Sludge Wave

Power Whip

I really like dragon types but I just havent really had the time to use Goodra. I chose the Railway line first, so I had to get this via other people. 

Not sure how good it will be for upcoming content. I can see it doing Work @ Amaria. It could also work @ Titania if I replace sludgewave for Flamethrower, but thoughts are appreciated.

Lucario @ no Item - Inner Focus

Close Combat

Extreme Speed

Iron Tail ( I re-learned this for Adrienn)

Sword Dance. 

Lucario has had its uses in the past but I just dont really use him all that much anymore.

Could be a good mon to use against Titania + Rock Leader though.

Scrafty @ no item - Intimidate

Bulk up

Hi Jump Kick

Crunch

Head Smash

See Lucario. 

Gothitelle @ No item - Shadowtag

Psychic

Dark Pulse

Calm Mind

Future Sight

I havent even used this since Radomus to be honest. Sometimes her shadowtag ability is usefull but aside from that I still need a replacement mon for this ( and I prefer it to not be Gardevoir)

Eleektross @ No Item - Levitate

Acid Spray

Discharge

FlameThrower

Crunch

In theory its a strong pokemon, but I find my Eleektross lacking most of the time. Its either too slow, or dies too fast. 

Discharge more often than not does not paralize targets. Its movepool is lackluster if you dont have the right TM's.  Replacements?

Torterra @ Leftovers - Shell Armor

Wood Hammer

Crunch

Curse

Earthquake

Was a really strong pokemon in the earlier stages of the game. Started falling off around Radomus. To many leaders that are strong against my Torterra.

I really like the Mon, so I kept leveling it alongside the team but its practical uses are not there anymore. Curse set doesnt really work because there wasnt really much room to set up with.

Could be usefull for Titania, but for Amaria I really need something else because being 4x weak to ice and neutral to Water is not going to help me there.

Noivern @ Wide Lens - Infiltrate

Hurricane 

Dragon Pulse

Boomburst

Roost 

Same as @ Torterra. Water resistance could be nifty against Amaria, but I'm expecting dual ice types as well ( see Lapras) 

Other than that I dont think Noivern is going to do much except maybe Sapphira. 

I can basically level anything else if need be.

So if the mainteam (and possibly benchpokemon can get a tweaking let me know).

Other Questions:

I'm considering of leveling a Lapras & Milotic (for i.e Amaria). 

I'm just not sure what Kind of movesets to run on them, and if they're actually even usefull to get.

For Milotic I currently have

Milotic @ Leftovers/Flame orb (?)  - Marvel Scale

Surf

Recover

Dragon Pulse

Confuse Ray/ Toxic. 

Feraligatr (Jolly) @ Lifeorb  - Sheer Force

Ice fang / Punch (will get Punch when I have shards)

Waterfall

Superpower

DragonDance 

Alongside Milotic I'm hoping they will be a decent Water replacement for when Swampert cannot be used.

Lastly.

I really like Fairy / Ghost / Psychic / Dark Types so if you see any that can be an addition to my team and are usefull for the later gyms, I'd appreciate it.

PS. I dont want to use Gardevoir, have used her plenty of times in Previous playthroughs and in the actual games. Just not looking for her. 

Edited by KindleofDreams

The remaining leaders are Titania (Steel), Amaria (Water), Hardy (Rock) and Saphira (Dragon). I believe they're gonna come up in that order, but that's just me. The only one who's almost certain to be up next is Titania due to us going to the desert.

The 4 team members you've listed are pretty solid. All very strong, you have a pseudo-edgequake with Swampert's moveset, decent coverage... For the remaining slots, maybe you could look into a strong Grass type. That'll be helpful against Hardy and Amaria, and maybe it won't even be dead weight against Titania if she has things like Aggron or Steelix in her roster. Iirc Venusaur is available, and really pulls its weight in most situations.

A strong Fairy type like Gardevoir is always neat too.

You might want to consider teaching your Metagross Hammer Arm before Titania, otherwise I'm afraid it'll barely tickle her mons. Pursuit isn't all that great either, so you shouldn't miss it too much. And make it hold a Metal Coat or Steel Plate, just to give Bullet Punch and Meteor Mash the extra bit of power that might save you in a pinch.

If I know about 1 pokemon,it is blaziken.

Blazikens

speed boost

Holding wide lens

-High jump kick

-blaze kick

-shadow claw(filler move)

-bulk up

After 1 bulk up,high jump kick basically destroys everything.Wide lens increases HJK and blaze kick's accuracy to 99%.

Also we don't know what Titania's field is.If she has fairy tale than your fire type pokemons lose their usefulness because fire type moves become dragon type in the field.

8 minutes ago, Alistair said:

The remaining leaders are Titania (Steel), Amaria (Water), Hardy (Rock) and Saphira (Dragon). I believe they're gonna come up in that order, but that's just me. The only one who's almost certain to be up next is Titania due to us going to the desert.

The 4 team members you've listed are pretty solid. All very strong, you have a pseudo-edgequake with Swampert's moveset, decent coverage... For the remaining slots, maybe you could look into a strong Grass type. That'll be helpful against Hardy and Amaria, and maybe it won't even be dead weight against Titania if she has things like Aggron or Steelix in her roster. Iirc Venusaur is available, and really pulls its weight in most situations.

A strong Fairy type like Gardevoir is always neat too.

You might want to consider teaching your Metagross Hammer Arm before Titania, otherwise I'm afraid it'll barely tickle her mons. Pursuit isn't all that great either, so you shouldn't miss it too much. And make it hold a Metal Coat or Steel Plate, just to give Bullet Punch and Meteor Mash the extra bit of power that might save you in a pinch.

Thanks for the fast rate, even though I accidently sent it up too soon. 

I was thinking of teaching Metagross Hammer Arm for Titania. But thats the only reason why I would teach it tbh. 

As for a good grass type, I have looked into Venusaur. I actually really like Venusaur, I used him in UU as a special/physical sweeper as well as Wall, my only issue with Venusaur was that I couldn't really decide what Movepool it should have.

So if you have any suggestions for that, would be awesome.

@Yagami

Widelens is a good option if I'm not using it on my Noivern anymore anyway.

Aside from that, why use Shadow Claw as a filler, what does it cover against. Blaze Kick /Flare Blitz can basically cover whatever Shadow Claw does I recon.

Edited by KindleofDreams
new post.

9 minutes ago, KindleofDreams said:

As for a good grass type, I have looked into Venusaur. I actually really like Venusaur, I used him in UU as a special/physical sweeper as well as Wall, my only issue with Venusaur was that I couldn't really decide what Movepool it should have.

Yeah, it doesn't really have one crazy go-to movepool. I'm not really experienced with competitive, but in the context of Reborn I'd run it with Petal Dance, Leech Seed, whatever Hidden Power it has, and a Poison move. Do we have Sludge Bomb yet? If not, maybe Venoshock, but in that case you may want to run Poison Powder instead of Leech Seed.

Another option would be Grass Knot. Might be useful against Titania and Hardy since they're going to have lots of heavyweight mons.

2 hours ago, Alistair said:

Yeah, it doesn't really have one crazy go-to movepool. I'm not really experienced with competitive, but in the context of Reborn I'd run it with Petal Dance, Leech Seed, whatever Hidden Power it has, and a Poison move. Do we have Sludge Bomb yet? If not, maybe Venoshock, but in that case you may want to run Poison Powder instead of Leech Seed.

Another option would be Grass Knot. Might be useful against Titania and Hardy since they're going to have lots of heavyweight mons.

In terms of competitive, Venusaur (base form) is more of a sun sweeper - Growth, a choice of Solar Beam or Giga Drain, Hidden Power Fire or Earthquake, and a filler move, usually Synthesis or Sludge Bomb. Mega Venusaur is run defensively with Leech Seed, Giga Drain, and 2 filler moves, usually between Knock Off, Toxic, and Synthesis. (also, we have Toxic, so Poison Powder would be sorta pointless)

As for a mon I can recommend to the OP: Feraligatr. As odd as it seems, this could be a godsend in the upcoming gyms. Dragon Dance and Dive should offer a sweep opportunity on Amaria (underwater field ignores Water's resistance to itself when using phys attacks iirc so you set up topside and then bring it under), Hardy is a rock leader and Surf can get rid of the Dragon's Den field for both Hardy and Saphira, Feraligatr also gets Ice Punch for Saphira if it's alive when the field is removed, and it resists Steel and gets Superpower via tutor so it should put some work in against Titania. Kingdra could also work but it'll put less work in against Saphira and Titania (and that's assuming we get Ice Beam), Floatzel as well but we don't have Bulk Up as a TM yet (do we?), meaning it can't set up. Feraligatr also hits the hardest between the 3 due to Sheer Force.

35 minutes ago, Seel The Deal said:

In terms of competitive, Venusaur (base form) is more of a sun sweeper - Growth, a choice of Solar Beam or Giga Drain, Hidden Power Fire or Earthquake, and a filler move, usually Synthesis or Sludge Bomb. Mega Venusaur is run defensively with Leech Seed, Giga Drain, and 2 filler moves, usually between Knock Off, Toxic, and Synthesis. (also, we have Toxic, so Poison Powder would be sorta pointless)

As for a mon I can recommend to the OP: Feraligatr. As odd as it seems, this could be a godsend in the upcoming gyms. Dragon Dance and Dive should offer a sweep opportunity on Amaria (underwater field ignores Water's resistance to itself when using phys attacks iirc so you set up topside and then bring it under), Hardy is a rock leader and Surf can get rid of the Dragon's Den field for both Hardy and Saphira, Feraligatr also gets Ice Punch for Saphira if it's alive when the field is removed, and it resists Steel and gets Superpower via tutor so it should put some work in against Titania. Kingdra could also work but it'll put less work in against Saphira and Titania (and that's assuming we get Ice Beam), Floatzel as well but we don't have Bulk Up as a TM yet (do we?), meaning it can't set up. Feraligatr also hits the hardest between the 3 due to Sheer Force.

Sheer Force Feraligatr can actually be a good thing. I had been looking into a Sheer Force Nidoking for a while but that didn't really seem to do much except for Adrienn who I didnt really have a problem beating.

So for Feraligatr..

Jolly/Adamant

Dragon Dance

Ice Punch/Fang (depending on my breeding skills xD)

Waterfall/Dive

Superpower  

Question though. How do you know which fields are coming @ Hardy/Sapphira and The Water field for Amaria?

6 hours ago, KindleofDreams said:

Sheer Force Feraligatr can actually be a good thing. I had been looking into a Sheer Force Nidoking for a while but that didn't really seem to do much except for Adrienn who I didnt really have a problem beating.

So for Feraligatr..

Jolly/Adamant

Dragon Dance

Ice Punch/Fang (depending on my breeding skills xD)

Waterfall/Dive

Superpower  

Question though. How do you know which fields are coming @ Hardy/Sapphira and The Water field for Amaria?

As for breeding, don't worry about it. The only move I mentioned for Feraligatr that requires breeding is DD (from the Kingdra line; Dragonite line also works but, uh, they're kinda not available) - Ice Punch and Superpower are both from move tutors.

Also, Adamant gives you a bit more power, but Jolly lets you outspeed +1 base 110 pokemon (e.g. Gengar) once you reach +2.

...yeah, just go Adamant if you can lol

As for the fields, iirc it was mentioned that Dragon's Den was being used for 2 leaders. Doesn't make sense for Titania because there aren't many Steel/Dragon or Steel/Fire types and Fire moves get boosted, and Amaria doesn't appreciate the buffs to Dragon types which resist her main STAB. This leaves Saphira and Hardy. And for Amaria, I'm just speculating, but it's very likely considering the design of the mansion(?) she resides in, the fact that there's a battle arena inside said mansion(?), and the fact that you find the Water Surface field effect there, and the fact that I can't see any other fields really working for that battle.

17 hours ago, Hooligan said:

Did you say Metagross? I'm the master of Metagross. I have movesets for that Pokemon.

Metagross @ Assault Vest

Nature: Adamant

Ability: Clear Body

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP (More Speed) or 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe (More HP)

Meteor Mash (Main Stab Move)

Brick Break / Bulldoze (Brick Break breaks walls and is stronger, but Bulldoze reduces opponent's Speed. Both useful against Titania.)

Thunder Punch (Move useful against Amaria. With Steel and Ground moves, it does at least 1x Damage at all the Pokemon, except Eelektross and Shedinja.)

Bullet Punch (Priority Stab Move)

It depends of the Pokemon you want to counter, but for the next Gyms, I'd recommend Thunder Punch for Amaria and Brick Break or Bulldoze against Titania. Assault Vest is the best item Metagross can hold, because most of the movesets for that Pokemon have physical moves. If you somehow choose Brick Break instead of Bulldoze, it might not hit pretty well at Galvantula, Vikavolt, Rotom (Normal Form) and Raichu, since it's not very effective. Thunder Punch is a must have move.

Also, I'd recommend using a Water Absorb Lanturn for Amaria's Gym. She might probably have a Lanturn, if my prediction is true. Nidoking might be useful against Titania, since it have Sheer Force, Life Orb and basically two moves against her: Earth Power and Flamethrower. These two moves don't get recoil. If you want to use Sludge Wave in Amaria's Gym, you might need basically Poison and Steel Pokemon, such as Venusaur, Nidoking, Dragalge, Metagross, Magnezone or a bulky Steel or Poison-type Pokemon, but be careful because she might have a Swampert, maybe Mega.

I'd rather have Zen Headbutt over Thunderpunch tbh. 

As for Brickbreak/bulldoze/Hammer arm I can switch those around if need be.

Was thinking of a Lanturn for Amaria but idk if I want to go through leveling one.

@Seel The Deal Thanks for the feedback :)

If you are going to use a strong bulky Grass type, I'd suggest either Amoonguss or Tangrowth. They can switch around and regain health (saving you the need to heal them yourself), tank hits from Steel, Water and Rock pokemon, and retaliate with Giga Drain, Knock Off and possible status or Leech Seed. You will even force switches with the new AI.

Always keep in mind Water will have Ice, and Rock will have Fire. Yet, if they are physical, they can tank them (especially Tangrowth).

Of course it also matters which pokemon you like using so, if you are not like me who wants to experiment, you might have a completely different opinion.

Another precious pokemon I've been using lately and fits great with your team is Malamar.

It's practically ready as soon as it reaches 50lvl with Superpower, Night Slash, Psycho Cut and a filler move. 

Definitely going to demolish the Rock and Steel gyms, and has good chances of poking holes in Water. Not sure about Dragon, since Saphira has to go for mixed attackers.

A third choice, since you are keen on breeding/raising is Ludicolo

Bear in mind Hardy is either going to use a Cradily-esque strategy to stop water types, or a hyper-offensive one to prevent set-ups. 

This guy can bypass most problems, thanks to his mediocre bulk and possible exploitation of the weather. I saw you have no weather moves on your pokemon, so I guess you change it with mods. This one uses Rain, and it can also exploit the water fields with Swift Swim.

A good set with Hydro Pump, Giga Drain and Ice Beam (provided we get it) and a filler move (like Substitute), holding either Lefties or Life Orb, can demolish either gym.

tl;dr 

I proposed 3 Grass types and 1 Psychic type. Take your pick.

8 minutes ago, NickCrash said:

If you are going to use a strong bulky Grass type, I'd suggest either Amoonguss or Tangrowth. They can switch around and regain health (saving you the need to heal them yourself), tank hits from Steel, Water and Rock pokemon, and retaliate with Giga Drain, Knock Off and possible status or Leech Seed. You will even force switches with the new AI.

Always keep in mind Water will have Ice, and Rock will have Fire. Yet, if they are physical, they can tank them (especially Tangrowth).

Of course it also matters which pokemon you like using so, if you are not like me who wants to experiment, you might have a completely different opinion.

Another precious pokemon I've been using lately and fits great with your team is Malamar.

It's practically ready as soon as it reaches 50lvl with Superpower, Night Slash, Psycho Cut and a filler move. 

Definitely going to demolish the Rock and Steel gyms, and has good chances of poking holes in Water. Not sure about Dragon, since Saphira has to go for mixed attackers.

A third choice, since you are keen on breeding/raising is Ludicolo

Bear in mind Hardy is either going to use a Cradily-esque strategy to stop water types, or a hyper-offensive one to prevent set-ups. 

This guy can bypass most problems, thanks to his mediocre bulk and possible exploitation of the weather. I saw you have no weather moves on your pokemon, so I guess you change it with mods. This one uses Rain, and it can also exploit the water fields with Swift Swim.

A good set with Hydro Pump, Giga Drain and Ice Beam (provided we get it) and a filler move (like Substitute), holding either Lefties or Life Orb, can demolish either gym.

tl;dr 

I proposed 3 Grass types and 1 Psychic type. Take your pick.

I actually like The Tangrowth suggestion.

While I really really like Ludicolo I'd have to get another raindance set up mon + it can possibly mess with Ninetails.

Malamar is actually a good one as well. I can always raise one. We still have time.

Actually, there's another bulky Grass type I've liked, although this one is less defensive and more based on setting up: Gogoat.

123/62/86 (HP I recall correctly; give or take a bit for the def/spdef) defensive stats and level-up access to Earthquake, Horn Leech, Bulk Up and either Aerial Ace or Leaf Blade and its ability to heal with Horn Leech while setting up make it, IMO, the best Bulk Up user in Reborn. (would recommend either Miracle Seed-esque items or the Leftovers; could also use the Rocky Helmet or, since you have a life draining move, the Life Orb)

The best part is that it requires barely any effort to become ready. Level it up until it's even with your team, use Heart Scales if necessary, and do a bit of EVing. Done. IVs don't matter quite as much if you're setting up. Even if you don't end up liking/using it, there's not much to lose.

1 hour ago, Seel The Deal said:

Actually, there's another bulky Grass type I've liked, although this one is less defensive and more based on setting up: Gogoat.

123/62/86 (HP I recall correctly; give or take a bit for the def/spdef) defensive stats and level-up access to Earthquake, Horn Leech, Bulk Up and either Aerial Ace or Leaf Blade and its ability to heal with Horn Leech while setting up make it, IMO, the best Bulk Up user in Reborn. (would recommend either Miracle Seed-esque items or the Leftovers; could also use the Rocky Helmet or, since you have a life draining move, the Life Orb)

The best part is that it requires barely any effort to become ready. Level it up until it's even with your team, use Heart Scales if necessary, and do a bit of EVing. Done. IVs don't matter quite as much if you're setting up. Even if you don't end up liking/using it, there's not much to lose.

I'd rather have the Tangrowth then tbh. However I just realized Leech Seed is an egg move so I have to get that done first..xD

I swear this is the most over hyped episode ever. People are preparing stuff like they're going against an all out ubers team or something. You have so many good pokemon already, what's even the point of trying to train more? At this rate you'll just oko all of the trainer pokemon then say that this patch was too easy.

22 minutes ago, Zander said:

I swear this is the most over hyped episode ever. People are preparing stuff like they're going against an all out ubers team or something. You have so many good pokemon already, what's even the point of trying to train more? At this rate you'll just oko all of the trainer pokemon then say that this patch was too easy.

I just want to spread my diversity abit more. What else would I be doing atm? Just farming and leveling things.

Breeding. I dont see why I shouldn't prepare a little bit.

3 hours ago, KindleofDreams said:

I just want to spread my diversity abit more. What else would I be doing atm? Just farming and leveling things.

Breeding. I dont see why I shouldn't prepare a little bit.

Well you could try and solve all the quests by yourself. Solve the dive spots without asking for help, do the spoink missing pearl quest, obtain 2 dark material, obtain all the department store stickers etc. And if you've actually completed all of these quests then why even bother playing any more? Play some other games if you are out of stuff to do in your free time or if this game is your entire time of the day then try doing something else in real life. Sure this game is long but all games get completed at one point and then you have to move on or simply take a break.

9 hours ago, Zander said:

Well you could try and solve all the quests by yourself. Solve the dive spots without asking for help, do the spoink missing pearl quest, obtain 2 dark material, obtain all the department store stickers etc. And if you've actually completed all of these quests then why even bother playing any more? Play some other games if you are out of stuff to do in your free time or if this game is your entire time of the day then try doing something else in real life. Sure this game is long but all games get completed at one point and then you have to move on or simply take a break.

I almost have all the quests done, by myself. 

Also completed all the stickers. I dont really see what you're trying to point out here?
I can see you have a different view point but its not really adding anything onto my thread.

@KindleofDreams Even though I am replying a bit late,I thought I should tell why I picked shadow claw for Blaziken.

The reason I picked shadow claw for the first time was because of  Shade's flash fire chandelure.
Also most psychic type pokemon are weak on defense.So after a bulk up+speed boost combo is more than enough to ensure a OHKO.

But again this move is just a filler.The other 3 moves are more than enough to ensure to take out few pokemons and even sweep.

Milotic can be rather tricky to play and  Reborn still didn't give us the three TM's necessary for some Milotic sets to really work, Toxic, Protect and Scald. You could, however, still manage something with it depending on what you hope to achieve. Breed a Milotic with Mirror Coat,  run a maximum hp ev investment and give it 156 def/100 spdef ev's, an impish nature + marvel scale, give it a flame orb (found in chrysolia springs). With a moveset consisting of Mirror Coat, Recover, Surf and Aqua Ring, you have a solid enough wall that can't be OHKO'ed by unboosted stuff, can stall to death, and also ruins quite a few special attackers, all that assuming Milotic is properly supported by it's team. Galvantula is a good partner for this set, for sticky web will almost always ensure that Milotic will be able to recover before being hit. To make up for a lack of Toxic, you could also place on your team something with access to toxic spikes, that way you can still toxic stall, and since Milotic is already burned(flame orb), it won't fall prey to opposing Toxic. On a rain team you can swap Surf for Hydro Pump if you feel the risk is worth it. Assuming it hits, Hydro Pump can one shot weakened opponents that don't resist it and don't have any particularly high special bulk. 

Toxic is indeed in the game. I have the TM. 

I was thinking along a set like

Toxic / Surf / Recover / Haze OR Dragontail 

@Hooligan people have been telling me to give Metagross Assault vest yes. I'm still considering. I havent leveled my Goodra to max yet either.

Still need to work on that ;). Will keep your suggestion under consideration. I could give Goodra Leftovers now instead of Assault Vest.

P.S. I really hate that we don't have scald yet. I love that move xD

Edit:

I also have a Lanturn with 31/10/31/31/31/31

If I use a wall variant what would you recommend?

Discharge/Thunderwave -- Would you pick Discharge over T-wave or the otherway around?

Stockpile

ConfuseRay

Surf?

Edited by KindleofDreams

Thanks for pointing that out @Yagami. After a little checking on my save, I realized I skipped the ID tag sidequest. Time to train my Milotic. 

As for your Milotic @KindleofDreams, go with haze or mirror coat instead of dragon tail, since Milotic isn't really a phazer/pivot. Personally, I find the combination of recover and mirror coat too awesome to pass up, as it deals with special attackers pretty nicely.

With Lanturn I'd go with discharge, and swap confuse ray with thunder wave, since it's a more efficient way to cripple opponents and more reliable than discharge's 30% paralysis chance. 

Edited by Gh0stStark

I'd actually go more with how current gen PU uses Lanturn, as a bulky, offensive pivot. Not really good for Switch mode but if you're playing Set it works wonders. Hydro Pump, Dazzling Gleam, Volt Switch, and Discharge with Choice Specs (from the Charmander event, although since you have Goodra I think you'll need to wait to be able to do that one? Assault Vest and Splash/Zap Plate also work). If you really want a wall variant, you should probably wait for the Scald TM, since Lanturn has very poor physical bulk and a burn fixes that up quite nicely.