DigitalAmber

16 minutes ago, Sceptilespy said:

Pulse Hydreigon. Looks like a snake. Heads can turn things to stone.

Would make more sense for Hydreigon to grow extra heads, it's based on hydra, not medusa.

So instead of turning things to stone, healing itself from status effects and a bit of health every turn.

Edited by Noctelis

Just now, Noctelis said:

Would make more sense for Hydreigon to grow extra heads, it's based on hydra, not medusa.

Yeah, but after Pokemon Insurgence, I think it's time for Hydreigon to actually use his heads instead of just growing more. Besides, there's already a PULSE Clawitzer that's a canon, a PULSE Hydreigon that only grows extra heads is redundant and boring. 

1 minute ago, Noctelis said:

@Sceptilespy Clawitzer is also based on a cannon, only makes sense that it becomes an uber cannon, Hydreigon is based on the hydra, which keeps regenerating (except for when the wounds were cauterized).

What I was trying to make clear was what their effect on the environment, was, is, and will be. If PULSE Hydreigon grows more heads, it's just going to become a cannon, exactly like Clawitzer. We already have an incredibly bulky PULSE Swalot/Tangrowth. I think Hydreigon losing his Hydra theme, and getting more of a Medusa theme is just cooler. Besides, they're both in Greek myth. So it makes some sense. 

3 minutes ago, Sceptilespy said:

What I was trying to make clear was what their effect on the environment, was, is, and will be. If PULSE Hydreigon grows more heads, it's just going to become a cannon, exactly like Clawitzer. We already have an incredibly bulky PULSE Swalot/Tangrowth. I think Hydreigon losing his Hydra theme, and getting more of a Medusa theme is just cooler. Besides, they're both in Greek myth. So it makes some sense. 

Turning it into Medusa wouldn't make any sense.

Let's just make it a Hydreigon whose main body is underground, growing extra heads who attacks people everywhere above ground and turning the Pulse battle into a double fight, defeating the secondary head but being to slow on defeating the main head will make the secondary head revive.

2 minutes ago, Noctelis said:

Turning it into Medusa wouldn't make any sense.

Let's just make it a Hydreigon whose main body is underground, growing extra heads who attacks people everywhere above ground and turning the Pulse battle into a double fight, defeating the secondary head but being to slow on defeating the main head will make the secondary head revive.

That's cool, but I don't see how my Medusa thing doesn't make any sense. It has multiple heads, Medusa had snakes for hair. Snakes have heads, therefore, she had multiple heads. Sure, it's way less cool and makes less sense that what you suggested, but I'm pretty sure it still has some validity. 

3 minutes ago, Sceptilespy said:

That's cool, but I don't see how my Medusa thing doesn't make any sense. It has multiple heads, Medusa had snakes for hair. Snakes have heads, therefore, she had multiple heads. Sure, it's way less cool and makes less sense that what you suggested, but I'm pretty sure it still has some validity. 

It would make as much sense as turning the Pulse Magnezone into a crystal, just because they're both minerals.

13 minutes ago, Noctelis said:

It would make as much sense as turning the Pulse Magnezone into a crystal, just because they're both minerals.

Spoiler

The difference is the examples and reasoning I said here are more significant then just minerals. I really don't see what doesn't make sense about Multiple heads doing things other then blasting people. They're both greek myths, but the difference is, one can have a drastically different effect on the environment while the other is redundant. Instead of being completely offensive, this is more defensive. While your typical hydra can just go full offense and not have to worry because it can regenerate. Like I said, pretty different from each other, but they have enough relation to be considered. Regardless, even if PULSE Magnezone turns into a crystal, assuming the story goes as it did before, it literally wouldn't make a difference. It just fights you and dies, and it does the mind combining thing it did to ZEL/Zero, Eve, and other girl. That's why it wouldn't make any sense, because it makes no difference regardless of what it looks like, as long as it has the same capabilities and role in the story. Hydra Hydreigon and Medusa Hydreigon can be completely different and doing drastically different things. 

EDIT: So reborn is basically killing itself. So I'm just gonna stop here, and agree to disagree.

Edited by Sceptilespy

I think a pulse Froslass would be nice, creating a massive blizzard and freezing everything around it and turning it's ability into Snow Warning, as it should have been as Froslass is based on the Yuki-Onna (which literally translates to snow woman), which is known in mythologies for creating blizzards everywhere it goes(rest of the story kinda differs depending on the version).

10 hours ago, Sceptilespy said:
  Hide contents

The difference is the examples and reasoning I said here are more significant then just minerals. I really don't see what doesn't make sense about Multiple heads doing things other then blasting people. They're both greek myths, but the difference is, one can have a drastically different effect on the environment while the other is redundant. Instead of being completely offensive, this is more defensive. While your typical hydra can just go full offense and not have to worry because it can regenerate. Like I said, pretty different from each other, but they have enough relation to be considered. Regardless, even if PULSE Magnezone turns into a crystal, assuming the story goes as it did before, it literally wouldn't make a difference. It just fights you and dies, and it does the mind combining thing it did to ZEL/Zero, Eve, and other girl. That's why it wouldn't make any sense, because it makes no difference regardless of what it looks like, as long as it has the same capabilities and role in the story. Hydra Hydreigon and Medusa Hydreigon can be completely different and doing drastically different things. 

Its idea boils down to "do the same thing, but better".

EDIT: So reborn is basically killing itself. So I'm just gonna stop here, and agree to disagree.

I think the thing here is there's a difference between what would make a neat concept, and what makes sense for PULSE 'mons specifically.

Most* of the PULSE 'mons have abilities directly related to what they already do. Tangrowth already has the ability to generate/regenerate vines at a quick speed (and is known to catch prey with them), the PULSE just exaggerates this. Muk's dex entries already show that it can pollute its environment easily (Ruby's dex even mentions water specifically). Camerupt already is described as a living volcano that can erupt violently, etc etc.

Hydreigon's dex entries all suggest that it's little more than a creature hell-bent on destruction and consumption. (Unless you count the one in PmD: Gates to Infinity.)

So I feel like executing the concept of a more defensive Hydreigon would be difficult to carry out - it'd be kinda like a defensive Gyarados in that context. Sure, it would be a cool idea, but the PULSE system is meant to amplify existing traits (Eve calls it a 'hybridization-amplification mechanic' on your first encounter with her, and the acronym itself contains the word 'Exaggerata'), not rewire the Pokémon's behavior completely.

The idea behind it is "do the same thing, but better."

*=PULSE Magnezone is kinda funny and probably not a good example, because the function assigned to it by the PULSE dex entry ("mass reproduction") is probably the least related to what the Pokémon is known for, compared to other PULSE 'mons. (I'll admit I have no idea where it came from. Perhaps just a plot device - maybe it was involved in the production of the newer machines?)

But unlike all the others, it was also created by accident, not with the thought in mind to fulfill a certain task. It was just meant to test the machine, not a proper project, so you could argue it gets a pass on not being the most impressive of the bunch, since it wasn't selected for an actual purpose.

(Magneton was probably just a convenient pick to see if the machine really amplifies its power, since you'd notice something like increased magnetic pull easily.)

Edited by ZEL

Pulse Budew! Feel the wrath of a thousand Budews!

All jokes aside, something like Cofagrigus or Golurk would be pretty neat. Since we're heading to the desert, the idea of Pulse Cofagrigus doesn't in my opinion seem too far-fetched, especially if there are old ruins or such in the desert. Pulses going haywire or not working the way intended is nothing new, and Cofagrigus, according to it's 6th gen Pokedex entry, doesn't take too kindly to grave robbers or even those who just get too close to it.

Maybe you even get sucked by Pulse Cofagrigus and fight it "from the inside" in order to free yourself

We already had a Steelix boss digging holes. If we go by environment:

- PULSE Hippowdon: Massive sandstorms

- PULSE Golurk: Mega Centinel, some colossus theme?

And if we wanted to take Gen VII into consideration,

PULSE Vikabolt: Also a Cannon, I know...

PULSE Shiinotic: Faerie themes, for example a forest area with a recurrent map when "lost", something like that. Also would get it a PULSE Trevenant for the same reason.

Creature: Flygon

Typing: Ground / Dragon

Ability: Sand Force

Pokedex: It's known as "The Desert Spirit" because of the song-like voice that emanates from the sandstorms it kicks up.

Current Stats: 80/100/80/80/80/100

Amplification: 80/150/100/60/125/105

Not a bad alternative. I treated it as if it were a mega, thus restricting myself, in order to make it balanced.

I reckon it's the field effects mainly boosting said PULSEs. Besides, anyone can mindlessly boost whatever as much as they'd like.

A 100+ general idea for the PULSE is all it actually needs, since we can come up with monsters if we apply whatever we choose. 
If we need to go that far, I guess we can have specifics on the PULSEs' stats by accessing all the datafiles with RPG-maker. 

edit: I am actually getting used to the idea of a special-based PULSE Flygon. Like.. REALLY into it, as if it's an actual implementation.

A mega Honchkrow would be interesting. A giant bird that controls or negates all other birds in the area, giving it that mob boss type feel.

ps. A mega Flygon was introduced into pokemon insurgence. Pretty good, but kinda outclassed by other powerful dragon pokemon by pure strength alone, and Flygon kinda struggled against pokemon that resisted all of its moves.

Since someone at this forum said that we'll interact with Legendaries between e17 or 18 :

PULSE Kyurem / Froslass > creates Ice Age effect for idk, that affected the whole map?

PULSE Kyogre > Tsunamis, tsunamis everywhere

PULSE Giratina > Welcome to Hell!

PULSE Palkia > Imagine the infinite possibilities of crossovers XD

And here's the crazy idea :

PULSE Arceus > Let the doomsday begin ! 

Edited by Ainz Ooal Gown

• 4 years later...

So this article kinda been abandoned for 5 YEARS. Well, I guess I will share my idea here

After read most of the idea and original PULSE, there's no (Or has but I didn't see) Bug or either Fairy type PULSE. So, here's my ideas

PULSE-17-1 Hive Queen
An amplify Vespiqueen to bemore ferocious and with a unfulfilled hunger of her hives. Created for destroy corpse and food source. (Yes, like how locust work).

Type : Bug/Flying

Ability : Huge Power (I know it wierd but it signature attaking move is Physical though. Actually prefer Soul Heart but whatever)

Moves :
-Defend Order
-Attack Order
-Heal Order
-Oblivian Wing (Yes she is mix attacker)

Held Item : Telluric Seed

Stats :

HP : 370
Atk: 70
Def: 152
SpA: 90
SpD: 152
Spe: 20
BST: 854

A beafy tanky Pokemon indeed. But what would make this different from Avalugg PULSE you may ask?

From Vespiqueen Dex entries suggest about how the bee queen itself use Combee to protect herself and stuff, so she'll not fight alone.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PULSE 17-2 Queen's Bodyguard
It just a Combee... I guess.

Type : Bug/Flying

Ability : Friend Guard

Moves :

-Heal Pusle

-Forest Curse

-Infestation

-Strenght Sap

Held Item : Telluric Seed

Stats :

HP : 100
Atk: 40
Def: 102
SpA: 60
SpD: 102
Spe: 145

BST: 549

So you have to fight a Queen bee and her minons, of course there are 2 Combee???. Still not that scary?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PULSE-17-3 Queen's Lancer
A amplified Mega Beedrill with a spear that penetrate everything. Created to be under command of PULSE-17-1.

Type : Bug/Poison

Ability : Adaptability (Prefer a custom ability to attack foe's weakest stats. This mean it will attack another stats not only Def or SpD. If foe's Atk is the lowest then Beedrill move calculate that stats. It would be called, Extream Sting).

Moves

-Twinneedle or Leech Life
-Poison Sting or Poison Jab
-Drill Run
-Liquidation

(Trust me, you would like it better if it moveset is bad)

Stats :

HP : 90

Atk: 340

Def: 60

SpA: 10

SpD: 60

Spe: 205

BST: 765

This make these bee family a good tank, 2 good supports and a glass cannon sweeper.

You will fight them in like, 90-100 levels. And in a Forest Field

That's it lol