LynxBach

Hello - I hope this is the right area for this post. I've been having some trouble navigating the site sometimes. Anyways I've been trying to breed but I'm having some problems. :[ I can get close but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. I've been using the power items and destiny band (can't remember exactly what it's called). But I still can't get a perfect 31 poke. So what I was wondering is could someone maybe send me a diagram of how to breed something. I know it's a lot to ask but I'm getting kinda frustrated. And on a second note- if i have two opposite sex pokes with 5 perfect ivs each, should i give them both the destiny band, or give them the items to pass on the missing ivs? Sorry if this is confusing. 

You should put a Destiny Knot on one of your mons and then put a Power Item on the other one, so you'll garantee that at least one of the 5 inherited IVs will be a 31 one.

Let's try this out with an example:

Your male has 5x31 (x stat in Sp.Atk) and holds a Destiny Knot, while your female, with 5x31 (x stat in Speed) holds a Power Lens, and that will always net you a 31 Sp.Atk on your offspring.

Just keep in mind that 6x31 is not really useful if you're not going for a mixed attacker. Hope this helps ^^

As hend said, that is how you should do, but the probability of getting one 6iv is low.

In huends case you have 4 out of 5 times the stat that is random is any other than speed, in that case your probability of getting a perfect IV is 1 in 64 (1 in 32 for the perfect missing one and 50% of the speed be of the male)

the other 1 in 5 time the x is speed in witch all others are guaranteed to be perfect, this means you have a 1 in 32 chance of getting a perfect one

In summary your probability of getting a perfect one would be 1,25+0,625=1,875%

Pretty low, its worse if the x stat is the same. If you have a 6IV one the probability gets a boost.

Hope this helps