Pokemon "Gijinka" Version, I need teammates!

If you clicked on this, thank you. Simply put I need teammates to help realize an idea I've had for a solid week, a Pokemon fangame that uses "Gijinka", a humanized design of a Pokemon and as such, instead of capturing teammates, you can recruit them through various means.

Of course, I am not merely an 'idea' person, I can create art to a significant degree and know my way around RPG Maker, both MV and Ace. I would just like to require assistance in writing as this is a project to big for someone like me.

The basic premise of this, like stated before, is to recruit unique characters that will become your team, akin to say LISA, with unique designs and abilities based on the Pokemon they are designed after, otherwise it will play similarly to traditional Pokemon games. Because of the premise and to lessen the workload, a pre-establish region will be used and at the very least, one party member to each type rather then one for 700+ Pokemon at this point.

Of course, it is a requirement for applicants to be okay with the idea of characters being LBGT+, as there will be party members like that and I'm personally Non-Binary myself.

I wish to hear from you all.

UPDATE: First inital concepts of the potential player character and their mother I'm deciding between selecting starters or Eevee/Pikachu

pikachu.JPG.7de4e801776c85ea060051cab2c234e1.JPG59d5bd572f567_dittomother.JPG.0b9ecc7b5b491c2d57cd83bf91419e4b.JPG

buddygif.gif.0475b1eb11b83c2b70ec9c34c9c242b2.gif

(And a super rough walk sprite of pikachu protag)

Edited by WaterMystic

I'm not going to help, because I wouldn't be much help anyway.

Anyway, your "Gijinka" idea sounds a bit like the SMT franchise, but with pokemon, which isn't a bad idea if executed well.

Would be a nice idea though to make the player a pokemon as well, or to just put the story in a time before there were any pokeballs, otherwise it wouldn't really make sense as to why the player doesn't just throw a pokeball.

(I can't sprite or code, only thing I can do is a few ideas which might sound stupid.)

14 hours ago, Noctelis said:

I'm not going to help, because I wouldn't be much help anyway.

Anyway, your "Gijinka" idea sounds a bit like the SMT franchise, but with pokemon, which isn't a bad idea if executed well.

Would be a nice idea though to make the player a pokemon as well, or to just put the story in a time before there were any pokeballs, otherwise it wouldn't really make sense as to why the player doesn't just throw a pokeball.

(I can't sprite or code, only thing I can do is a few ideas which might sound stupid.)

No no, you misunderstand me, I meant as in you're a pokemon gijinka yourself and you're building a team to fight with.

4 minutes ago, WaterMystic said:

No no, you misunderstand me, I meant as in you're a pokemon gijinka yourself and you're building a team to fight with.

Guess I didn't misunderstand, came to the same idea of the player being a pokemon as well.

Sounds interesting, and I'll definitely play when a beta will be released.

Edited by Noctelis

• 1 month later...

This may be a little late but if you'd like more assistance, I'd be more than happy to help! I'd say I'm alright at coming up with story ideas and writing and I could definitely come up with gijinka ideas, too. I do draw and if you'd like to see some of the gijinkas I've done before, just tell me! I hope I can be of help. 

- Pep

• 2 weeks later...