[Epilogue] Wild West Showdown Mafia - Coyote Win

Daniel Blackworth

Howdy pardner, welcome to the Wild West! I am Magister Divergent, this Town's Sheriff, bringing ya a round of Wild West Showdown Mafia. Experienced cowboys and casual travelers are welcome in this town of ours. If ya got any questions, ya better ask me in my office at Discord, mate, and I'll be sure to answer your questions, ya get my drift? Check out the special Reborn Mafia Discord chat, we have here pardner, at https://discord.gg/qNfjbar for some entertaining talks and conversation.

I. WHAT IS WILD WEST SHOWDOWN MAFIA!? [HOW TO PLAY THE GAME]

Wild West Showdown Mafia is a mafia game which features both standard mafia roles and original additions and change in mechanics. Wiild West Showdown Mafia is a game wherein there are two main factions: the Uninformed Majority [townfolk], who only know their role and don't know the other members of the town and the Informed Minority [outlaws], who know each other and discuss every Night on whom they should kill. There also exists some Third Party roles which have their own win conditions and agendas. 

At the beginning of the game, players will receive a PM with their Role and Alignment.

There are two phases in Wild West Showdown Mafia: 
The Day Phase, which lasts 48 hours, where the players will discuss about the events of the previous night and find out who is an Outlaw. Villagers try to discern the alignment of the other players while the Outlaws try to blend in and avoid being read as scum. They may also try to use items by PMing me. Before the day ends, the players must vote on a player and the one who gets the majority votes will be eliminated.

The Night Phase, which lasts 24 hours, where the thread is considered 'locked' and players cannot comment in the thread. Instead, if they have Night Actions, special abilities related to their role, they may use those to help their faction win. The Outlaws also discuss in their private chat who to kill for the night.

What makes this game different from a normal game of Mafia?

(1) Some of the roles are originally crafted based on existing roles while some have been modified to suit the theme.

(2) Only Alignment will be revealed when someone dies. It's up to the players to determine the role someone carried.

If you have some questions, you may ask me via PM or via this thread. You may also refer to previous games in this subforum to see how the players play Mafia.

II. OPENING NARRATIVE

It's the age of the Wild, Wild West!

Cowboys, horses, guns, and sheriffs - these are classic things ya see in this here town of ours, and it's normal for duels and showdowns to be seen here and there.

In this town of ours, peace is commonly kept by our dear mayor and sheriff, and other townfolk try their best to have order and organization. 

But, ya see, lately, there have been shady personalities, walking along the town's roads, and along with it, disappearances and dead bodies just keep popping up recently. They say it's the work of the Outlaws, who want to take this town for themselves and their own gain, and it's your job as a cowboy to find them before they find you.

Rumors are there also that there's a rabid Coyote attacking the town in the dead of the night, and that's your job to exterminate too.

III. ROLES

* Townfolk - They are the Uninformed Majority of the group. They spend their time trying to find out who's on their side and who's not. They try to find out deception, look out on whom they should trust, and when they should reveal information they may have. They win when they eliminate all threats to the Town.

1. Sheriff - The Sheriff starts with a gun. When the gun is fired, the Sheriff's role and identity is revealed to all. 
2. Gunsmith - The Gunsmith visits a player every night and gives them a gun. Guns always reveal the shooter when fired, except for specific roles.
3. Blacksmith - The Blacksmith visits a player every night and gives them a vest. Vests protect the player from one shot, and not from lynches or devouring; players are informed if a vest is used up.
4. Mayor - The Mayor's votes are counted as two [voting tallies will not reveal the extra value vote]. If the Mayor dies, the next day will automatically have anonymous voting.
5. Barkeep - The Barkeep visits a player every night and learns of the items that they possess, and determines whether they are genuine or fake.
6. Undertaker - The Undertaker visits a dead player every night and determines their role.
7. Jailer - The Jailer visits a player every night and arrests them. The arrested player will be immune to all other actions, but will be unable to do their respective action. 
8. Doctor - The Doctor visits a player every night and protects them from night kills. Additionally, bleeding players will be healed if visited.
9. Cactus - The Cactus pricks all players who visit it. Pricked players will start to bleed, and are scheduled to die at the end of the next night phase. If a bleeding player is shot during the day, they will not die instantly, but will die at the end of that day phase.
10. Saloon Owner - The Saloon Owner is knowledgeable of whomever avails of his services. The Saloon Owner announces loudly the name of whomever visits him.

* Outlaws - They are the Informed Minority of the group. They share a Private Chat where they can discuss and plan. They use their abilities to deceive, betray, and stab the Townfolk in the back. They win when they equal or outnumber all other players.

1.    Fabricator - The Fabricator visits a player every night and gives them either a fake gun or a fake vest. Fake guns backfire on the user when used while fake vests don't protect the user.
2.    Bandit - The Bandit visits a player every night and steals a random item they may have. A player is informed if any of their items are stolen.
3.    Illusionist - The Illusionist starts with a gun. When the gun is fired, the Illusionist selects a player and that player will appear to be the person who shot the gun. [One-use ability; consecutive guns don't have the same effect]

* Third Party Roles - They are other roles who have different agendas and win conditions.

1.    Coyote - The Coyote may visit a player every night and guesses their role. If they guess right, the Coyote devours that player and becomes immune to day kills and lynches. However, if they guess wrong, the Coyote will be revealed to all. The Coyote wins if they are one of the only two remaining players. 

IV. RULES

- The Reborn Forum rules apply here.
- All Player Discussion must be kept here in this thread. Private PMs, discussion outside the thread through Discord, IRL, or other methods are not allowed as well. Only the mandated private chats are allowed to be used.
- Voting is done in this format: [Eliminate] Player Name in bold. Abstaining is not allowed.
- Per Day Phase, everyone is required to post 2 times. At Night Phase, the thread is considered locked and no one must post in the thread. Violation means a warning then immediate elimination.
- Sharing of PMs from me is not allowed. There will be consequences if found out. Ruining the game is not fun :(
- If you are ELIMINATED, you are not allowed to post in the thread anymore or like any of the posts made by other players.
- Actions should be sent to me in PM or in DM.
- Editing of posts is discouraged. If you wish to have a change, quote your previous post and say the appropriate changes.
- Lastly, respect the host and the other players. Personal attacks on others will have their own repercussions. 

If ya have any questions, ya may ask me here or via PM. Ya may also pop in the specified Discord chat linked at the top of this post.

If ya want to participate, pardner, just comment below.

Edited by Myrmidon Divergent

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we need more players for our game to begin,

Therefore, I'd like to invite a few people to join us here:

@Filthy Casual @Nagisa_Hideyoshi @Lord Drakyle @Snowy Amine ( MC Kapper) @Shadowsusanoo @Kixur @Greninja @HongaarseBeer @HUEnd@GS BALL @Yagami @BRS swag

Never hesitate to reject the invitation, If not interested or busy in your real life affairs.

btw, It's really unfortunate that some of our highly experienced player are unable to join.... >_< :{

Edited by Paul25
Invited more peoples++

Unfortunately, I'm really out of time this semester (I don't even know if I'll join Redemption because of that), so, I'll have to reject the invite, but I'll try to keep track on this one too (I did read some other Mafia games that were rolling some months ago too :P)

(i wasn't gonna play originally buuuut why not, could be fun even though the theme is direct contrast to my interests)

Howdy! This here town is looking a bit empty, but that's only because it doesn't have me in it, let's change that any town that i'm not in is empty and this one has been empty for too long i say!

Thanks for the invite, but I'll have to pass, too. I'm going to be pretty busy in a few days once my copy of Danganronpa V3 arrives. Between that and job searching, I'm not going to have much time for this. Sorry guys!

Well, I would enjoy playing but internals round the corner...........shit happens if ya don't study atleast just before it. Feel free to quote me in similar stuff.

Edited by BRS swag

*Intensely stares at the Indian role* Isn't that kinda problematic considering they're more Native Americans even though they're called Indians

I'll join why not