Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ssbCasper

Pokemon Empire: Official Game Thread

Hello all, I'm ssbCasper and this is the official thread for Pokemon Empire. In the past this thread was used for me to talk to the community as we built the base of the game together. Now after several weeks, production has progressed rapidly. So I will be reformatting the thread to serve as a more general hub for all things Empire. In the coming days expect to see unique features and gameplay elements added to this post, including some exciting graphics the dev team has been producing for our eventual ep.1 launch. And we still welcome anyone wishing to contribute their skills or ideas to the game. Feel free to pm me if you are interested in getting involved or helping out with ideas or development and I'll get in touch with you. All right then, without further ado, I welcome you to...

The Pokémon Empire:

Define your Legacy

What is right and wrong? Who gets to decide? And why does everyone follow so blindly? Welcome to the Telius region, only months removed from a bloody civil war sparked by the actions of the tyrannical King, Tobias II. A once benevolent man who ushered in an era of prosperity and industry, he eventually plunged the region into division and violence. In the end, he was overthrown by his own people. Amidst the ensuing chaos and turmoil, a new council of representatives has taken power, supported by the revolutionaries that overthrew the king's regime. This 'grand council' is now in charge of overseeing the reconstruction of the region and establishing a new Pokémon league. But even under this supposed new stability, old fissures remain. Many Telius citizens detest the new government and how it operates and remain loyal to the longstanding traditions of supporting the nobility. This nobility and their soldiers, now on the outside looking in, has adopted the moniker 'Team Royale'. Operating from the shadows, they are a group intent on restoring the region to its former glory days under a new king. So with the region war-torn and divided, how will Telius move into the future? Enter YOU the player: the child of a noble family, you were sent away before the war began. Now that the war has ended, you, along with your best friend Alanah, return to Telius to fulfill a promise to conquer the Pokémon league and to bring the entire region of Telius into harmony once more. Can you solve the mysteries of the war, work your way through the shadows of the past, and become champion of the Telius League? Will you support the grand council, fight for the Royale loyalists, or take matters into your own hands? How will you define your legacy in Pokémon Empire?

Features

Spoiler

18 starters ( One per type )

Follower Pokemon

A personal estate to customize 

18 gym leaders 

New items, attacks and abilities 

All new field effects 

Items to replace HM's

Branching Story

8 Guilds to join

Increased Shiny rate ( All custom shiny sprites )

Soundtrack featuring over 8 composers

Optional side quest 

Several brand new Fakemon

"Guardian" Pokemon

Multiple outfits

Recruit nps's into your own guild

Re balanced Pokemon with different move sets, typing, stats, etc

And a ton of other cool stuff

Important post

Dev Team

Spoiler

Lead Developer

ssbCasper

Music selection & Guardian Project

Filthy Casual

Stoic Stone

Re-balancing, field effects and fakemon

Octavius

Mapping

WSGreen

Spriting(Trainers, pokemon, tiles etc)

Nyarth

Dypatome

Wuvbug

TyphlosionMaster

Night Fighter 

Tobi

Giantsparrowbee

Note: Almost everyone on the team works in more than one area, this is just their original or core role on the team. Empire wouldn't have been possible without these amazing people or the wonderful composers, artist and coders who allowed us to use their creations. Those people will all be thanked and credited in the games read.me as well as post episode credits. 

Screenshots

Spoiler

Follower Pokemon are back! 59f81150b1271_Screenshot(56).png.bba0990bf98dda3d33307ac0bf1ff947.png

[Other content hidden at Plug-in Creator's request] ~ A

E-1 Title screen

Spoiler

59f87c6e8d2c0_Empiretite1.png.43f3e4e51913aeade8e8c59f4c55f9ed.png

Artwork

Spoiler

Disclaimer: Most of these are sill in the works until the episode one releasem I'll add more stuff here overtime. 

Celaena and Percy our playable characters for Episode 1 (more to come in the future)  59ff57279181d_EmpireMCs.png.7cf5a650d6c8af4a018ba610e1aeb4ea.png

Guardian Gigalith, one of about 8 guardian Pokemon G_Giga.png.a11aff1c657ff85961313f4d293e8faa.png

Custom shiny egg and pokemon 59f80bf7f0a69_promoegg.png.91772b91e165f8f471bd62a1f2ade92b.png59f80c0cc22da_promoshiny.png.aa9d0e1a336d92ae4407bae395ba2826.png

Credits

Spoiler

Gen 6 additions

ActionReplayer
Pokemon Trainer Jackey
http://www.pokecommu...ad.php?t=314567

Gen 7 additions

Amethyst

Smeargle

Marcello

Jan

Koyo

Bazaro

Zumi

Smeargletail

Mega Sprites

Julian
Amethyst
Gardrow
FlameJow
The Cynical Poet
Minhnerd
Branflakes325

Trainer Sprites

Dypatome

Giantsparowbee

Elite Battle System

Luka S.J.

dragonnite

Maruno

Scripts

ssbCasper

Amethyst (Field Effect concept)

Maruno (Pkmn Essentials)
Amethyst (PBS files/Field Effect concept)

Luka SJ (EBS)

Mej71 (Follower Pokemon)

Pia Carrot (Turbo mode)

shiney570 (BW2 locations)

V1 (fly animiation)
KleinStudio (Connection fix)

Pokemon Essentials

Poccil
Flameguru
Maruno
FL.
P-Sign

Re-balanced pokemon

Octavius

Music

Tobias

GameChops 

PokeMixr92

Bliitzit

bLur Remixes  

KingSpartax37

Rebecca ETripp

TGH

Tomoya Tomita

Hirokazu Ando

Tiles

WSGreen

Nyarth

Alucus

Kymotonain

the-red-ex

Progress bar

Spoiler

Note:This is progress towards the public release of Episode 1 not the entire game

Music

100%/100% (Music selection)

?/100% (Music creation)

Graphics

90%/100% (Trainer related sprites)

100%/100% (Pokemon related sprites)

85%/100% (Fakemon)

80%/100% (Overworlds)

Custom scripts / coding

75%/100% (Unique scripts)

15%/100% (Events)

100%/100% (Field effects)

Re-balancing project 95%/100% (Re-balance concepts)

30/100% (Implementing changes)

Mapping 95%/100% (Map creation)

Testing

0/100% (Alpha)

0/100% (Pre Beta)

0/100% (Beta)

Misc

90%/100% (Core plot creation)

15%/100% (Side events, missions and quests)

15%/100% (Dialogue implementation)

Well, I guess I mostly just have to check one thread now.

Idk if anyone will see this here or if I'm better off just asking someone directly but does anyone know how I can add updates to the thread without making new post? 

Just now, ssbCasper said:

Idk if anyone will see this here or if I'm better off just asking someone directly but does anyone know how I can add updates to the thread without making new post? 

You can just edit your posts, or first post of the topic, to add new, major updates :) 

Well here is the first addition since the creation of the Official Dev post. I know I've said this before but this is the finalized starter list.

• Normal: Lillipup

• Flying: Starly

• Bug: Venipede

• Dragon: Axew

• Dark: Zorua

• Fairy: Flabebe

• Electric: Mareep

• Fighting: Makuhita

• Poison: Nidoran

• Ground: Phanpy

• Rock, Rockruff

• Ghost,Misdreavus

• Steel, Magnemite

• Fire: Vulpix

• Water, Horsea

• Grass, Tangela

• Ice: Sneasel

• Psycic, Abra

43 minutes ago, ssbCasper said:

Well here is the first addition since the creation of the Official Dev post. I know I've said this before but this is the finalized starter list.

• Rock, Rockruff

• Ghost,Misdreavus

• Steel, Magnemite

• Water, Horsea

• Grass, Tangela

• Psycic, Abra

You have no clue how happy it makes me to see a non-standard starter list!

@Nyarth Glad you like the idea. Assuming you didn't partake in the starter poll which starter do you think you'd end up picking? 

2 hours ago, ssbCasper said:

• Rock, Rockruff

• Ghost,Misdreavus

• Steel, Magnemite

• Water, Horsea

• Grass, Tangela

• Psycic, Abra

This is going to be a tough choice, since most of these are my favorite mons!

Thought I had made up my mind about my starter, but now I'm uncertain about which one to pick from among Axew, Zorua, Rockruff and Sneasel.

@Noctelis Surprisingly those are like the 4 most picked, I had no idea that Rockruff and Sneasel especially were so popular. 

I like the revised list, Horsea makes for a great water starter. I would consider it if I hadn't already had such a long (but awesome) run with mine in Omicron. Plus, Vulpix is still too tempting for me to pass up, haha. 

I'm a bit surprised at how popular Ruffy is, but then again, it is a great Pokémon. Plus, two evolution forms is pretty unique! 

Just got to add that I really enjoy getting to contribute to the project, however small that may be. It's a lot of fun, and I like getting to plan things, haha

@ssbCasper most likely one of the reasons for Rockruff's popularity comes from the fact that Midnight Lycanroc has No Guard as HA, combined with the strong but not so accurate rock-type moves (especially Stone Edge) makes it rather popular.

Another reason might be the fact that both Lycanroc's have pretty good stats.

Final reason I can think of is the fact that Rockruff is just damn cute.

As for Sneasel, rather high speed and attack stats which get even higher after evolution combined with the fact that it can get some great moves (even though some of the best moves are only obtained through breeding).

1 hour ago, ssbCasper said:

@Nyarth Glad you like the idea. Assuming you didn't partake in the starter poll which starter do you think you'd end up picking? 

I chose Zorua. It's not my favorite Pokemon, but I haven't used one in a long time. Not only that, but it's ridiculously fun to play as! Dark types have a ton of options.

@Star Arcana I've made more progress in terms of ideas in the past week with everyone's help than I did in a month of doing it by myself. The end result of the game wouldn't have been possible without everyone who has commented in my threads up to this point. 

@WSGreen You're welcome to help out in any way you can. 

@ssbCasper I can help out with spriting (not the best but i can make some pretty decent stuff), i can do a little mapping, and i can also help with ideas and suggestions.

5 minutes ago, Nyarth said:

I chose Zorua. It's not my favorite Pokemon, but I haven't used one in a long time. Not only that, but it's ridiculously fun to play as! Dark types have a ton of options.

I really don't get GF with the Zorua line, they gave it sp.atk as main offensive stat while giving it only special move in its learnset.

Sneasel line however, is completely aimed at physical, having attack as its 2nd highest stat, right after speed, and only 2 special moves.

Just now, Noctelis said:

I really don't get GF with the Zorua line, they gave it sp.atk as main offensive stat while giving it only special move in its learnset.

Sneasel line however, is completely aimed at physical, having attack as its 2nd highest stat, right after speed, and only 2 special moves.

The same thing was probably going on when they made the Litleo line. 68 Base Attack with the ability Moxie :P 

@WSGreen Welcome to the team then! You can contribute as much or as little as you want. Assuming you've checked out most of the post if you have any questions feel free to PM me. Sunday is my off day in terms of doing game related stuff so I won't have anything for you to do for a while. 

@WSGreen I saw your reply in the field effects thread. Lets try to keep comments for older threads on this one if possible. Most of the field effects you made are pretty good and with some tweaking could be awesome, thanks for sharing!

Sorry that I can't be of more help besides random ideas (like in the Character thread or Antagonist team thread).  I'll still look forward to hearing updates.