Where to put your topics!

Amethyst

• Administrators

That took a while without quoting, but it's done!

This is where all the news regarding the community and where the new Episodes and features in Reborn will be announced. The threads here are also posted onto the front page of the main website, so you can always look there for your news regarding Pokemon Reborn. Only staff can make topics here, but of course, anyone can respond.

Within community announcements you will find all of the happenings of our Reborn family. Everything server and forum related including staff changes, new features, and community events. Similarly to Mews and Announcements, only Staff members are able to create topics here. The difference lies in that these topics do not show up on the main website because they're more specifically geared towards the more active members of the community.

We here at Reborn would definitely enjoy getting to know you. The Grand Hall is the first step for many of our new members, come and introduce yourself, or greet those who are new themselves. So, get out there and introduce yourself... and welcome new people!

This is a section dedicated to all questions about the usage of the main website, the forum and the server. Any questions that involves one of those three, will be found here. Additionally, the Reborn FAQ and the Site Suggestion/Maintenence box, along with certain forum directives, are all found here.

This is for discussion on video games other than those involving Pokemon. There are a wide variety of gamers here in Reborn and you're sure to find some you can discuss just about anything in the world of videos games with. The biggest ones you'll find are League of Legends and Super Smash Bros, but any game you want to talk about is.... fair game.

For all things Pokemon related! Unless of course it's Pokemon Reborn related. The anime, the Manga, the Trading Card Game, main series games, you name it. You'll also find the friend codes of many of your fellow Reborn members in a few of the pinned topics so that you can enjoy the world of Pokemon with the rest of us.

Reborn's competitive battling hub. General discussion about the ever changing competitive meta-game. While it's predominantly used for the ever so popular Smogon batting format, we welcome all kinds of competitive Pokemon talk from VGC to Gen 1 competitive battling. A few members will open a team-building workshop from time to time and you can see how they in their expertise would build a team around the specs you're looking at. Additionally, those seeking to improve their game can seek out tutoring here, or on the flip side, you can pass down your competitive knowledge to your peers who are looking to get better. This is also where all of the themed tournaments are announced and hosted by Dark Desire and Jericho, and if you'd like to participate in these, join us on the server at the designated time.

Here you can show off the team you've been climbing the latter with, or ask for advice on how to better it and potentially find some weaknesses that may not be completely apparent to you.

Home of the Redemption League, hosted by Reborn Showdown! Here you can find standings for the league, sign-ups, rules for the league, news, and much, much more. So if you're interested in the Redemption League, don't hesitate to take a peek.

In the Exposé you can show off your plans and progress on your own Pokemon fan game project. Not just limited to those made by RPG Maker, but any original content that you yourself are creating. There's also a thread for other fan games and giving analysis on other fan games from all over. Should your game ever hit it big time, it may even get it's own sub forum!

This section is for the fangame Pokemon Rejuvenation. Rejuvenation is a fan game created by our very own Jan! Rejuvenation was inspired by Reborn and it has that same edgy feel to it. Any topic with questions about team building, what to do, where to go, and where to find a specific Pokemon in Rejuvenation go here.

Done with Reborn? Finished Rejuvenation? Looking for a new game to play, or perhaps looking to tell us about your own budding project? Look no further, for this is the place you're looking for. This subforum is catered to the Pokémon fan games of the community's members without demos. Here you can learn about these fan games and also tell people about any fan games you want to create. So if a developing fan game is what you're looking for, here's the place.

For all General questions and discussion regarding Pokemon Reborn come here to ask and share your speculation or thoughts on the game and it's plot and setting.

Here Amethyst will post various things requesting help from the community to help complete. Accomplishing these small tasks will make things easier for her, and the new Episode possibly released a little bit sooner for all of us.

This is where Amethyst and the rest of the Development team will post their workings and progress and from time to time ask players' opinions on how they'd like things to change in Reborn, within limits of course.

Here you can show off your Pokemon Reborn team, ask for how to improve your team, or get help beating that Gym Leader/Boss who you just can't seem to get the better of.

Looking for that specific item or Pokemon? Come ask others here for how to get your hands on it and continue your march forward through Reborn.

If you think you've found a bug or glitch in the game anything from a typo to a game breaking bug, come here and please tell us about it so we can make the necessary fixes for the future.

Can't figure out what's wrong with your game? Is it frozen? Come here and someone will help you get it working again. Please always post your save file so we can do the best we can to help you.

This section contains all the bugs that already been reported, and that were already fixed for the next release, or are yet to be fixed. So, check this section and (currently) the E15 Bug List topic before reporting a bug!

Discuss anything that's going on in your life. See how everyone else's life is going and learn more about those around you here.

Here is the place to discuss any music, movies, TV shows, or pop culture.

This is the section that involves any discussion related to... well, animation and manga!

Come and express your artistic side through various forms of writing, anywhere from song lyrics, to a news column, to a novel and anywhere in between!

For the writers, creative minds, and social butterflies come here to participate in interactive stories with others.

If it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, or you just don't know where to put it, this is probably the best place for it to go.

Forum based mini games that are just for fun and meeting new people.

So there you go! Also, if you're still confused about where a certain topic should go, we're lucky to have a 24/7 server that's almost always active, so my advice would be to just sign on and ask somebody. Chances are a staff member or just another user-in-the-know will be able to point you in the right direction.
If you have any general questions, feel free to ask here as well.
Happy posting!

P.S - I'm leaving this part here because it's history. The above is what stands nowadays.

So, okay, I pretty frequently find myself moving handfuls of perfectly good topics out of the Distortion World, and into Radio Tower/Trainer's Journal/Fan Club/Fuji's/just about everywhere else. And, credit to you guys, I'd rather be moving topics out of the Distortion World rather than into them, but I'd like to just briefly go over each of our forums and what sort of topics go in each place. c:

Now, this is kind of a minor thing, to be honest, but the Distortion World is really just for topics that are silly or have nowhere else to go. Accordingly, there's nothing really wrong with putting topics that could exist elsewhere in there, but it's just like... "you can do better". It's like paying for a two dollar charge with a twenty dollar bill- nothing's harmed, but it's not ideal.
oh and by the way topics/posts in the Distortion World payout less $R so i am trying to help you guys out here

So!

Mews and Announcements

This is where we are now! It's where staff post cool things and news stories about where to post things! Only staff can make topics here because all topics made show up on the front page of the website, but of course, anyone can respond.

Indigo Plateau

This is our tournament/contest hub. In the past it was used for hosting Reborn League things as well, but no longer. Like the above, only staff can make topics here, but anyone can post.

Community Hall

The Community Hall is for new members to introduce themselves, and for others to welcome them, but, it can also be used if someone is leaving, temporarily or otherwise, for birthday topics, and also for things about the community, such as bring up an issue that concerns you, or reporting a site error or something. If I weren't making this topic an announcement, I would put it in Community Hall (and I very nearly did :o)

Quest Center

Okay look this is going to see more use someday, guys, I swear.
I think only staff can post here right now, offering assorted jobs for $R and I hope to revive it shortly. Failing that I might turn it in to an economy hub for trading/user-owned $R shops and such things.

Research Center

This is specifically for contributing sets for our strategy dex! The pay off for sets is very high, especially if the Pokemon has less than two so far. We do have topics for every fully evolved Pokemon barring the new formes of BW2, and we also have topics for the more competitive NFEs (such as Chansey, Porygon2, etc). If you would like to make a topic for a rather over-looked Pokemon (LC sets are now an option too), then it's a decent payoff, but please be sure that there isn't already a topic (there's a handy search function in the upper left) for that Pokemon, and if you make a topic, please post at least one set in it to start if off. c:
We will penalize people of $R if we see them abusing this section (a la, making posts that don't contribute)

Dr.Fuji's Laboratory

This is the section for any topic related to the metagame, or Reborn's server. It could be discussing a new strategy, tier revisions, asking for some battling help, whatever. If, however, the topic is about one of your teams in particular, it should go below.
Also, for those who don't get the reference, Dr.Fuji is the same Fuji from Lavender Tower in Kanto. Turns out he's actually a doctor and oh by the way he created Mewtwo. Plot twist.

Rate My Team

I feel like this is pretty self-explanatory. Topics about your teams go here! Other things don't! Topics about your teams go here even if you're not necessarily looking for 'rating'.

Jubilife Network

So if Dr.Fuji's Lab is for things about the metagame, Jubilife is about things for official Pokemon media. That means the regular games, the anime, basically everything that Nintendo officially backs. Nuzlocke/LP topics can go in here too.

Pokemon Fanclub

This section is for anything to do with Pokemon that has to do with you. So that means discussions about favorites, fan-made quizzes, etc. LP and Nuzlocke topics can go here as well- either place is fine for those.

Pokemon Reborn

This section is solely for stuff to do with the Pokemon Reborn game! this is not a thinly-veiled attempt at promoting it Examples of topics to go in here would be any bugs you find (it's perfectly fine to make a separate topic for an individual bug, especially if it's a crash), topics about your in-game teams, questions about where to go, what to do, or where to find a certain Pokemon. :o

Trainer's Journal

This is a catch-all place for your lives. If it affects you personally, it goes here. This means threads asking people about their opinions, or things about them. It can also be birthday threads, or even kind of just general discussion.

The Radio Tower

This forum is for anything to do with non-Pokemon media, be it official or user-made. So that means, talking about music, about games, about TV, movies, sharing your art, sharing music picks, etc.

The Game Corner

This is for all those silly little forum games everybody loves to play. You guys have done a pretty good job at keeping them in here, so props. c:

The Distortion World

The everything else forum. An example of the sort of topics this place was expected to house is ...well, most of the topics Miku makes. >> Like I said before, I'd much rather you put non-distortion topics in here, though, than put distortiony topics elsewhere.

The Reborn Nightclub

Some of you are like, what, I don't see that forum, ame have you gone crazy? The answer, my dears, is yes, I absolutely have gone crazy, but that was a long time ago, and you should have already known that. The Reborn Nightclub is a secret forum for Ace Members only! We're a bit more lenient on rules in the Nightclub, sans things that are deliberately offensive, and I also post new site features and Reborn releases there early. c: It's usually a place for more personal discussion as well.

• Upvote 5

We will penalize people of $R if we see them abusing this section (a la, making posts that don't contribute)

^please. I see irrational sets/sets literally everything can do/repetition of sets get posted and it kills the good natured feeling about searching for sets.

• 9 months later...

0_0 dear god, help us. why not put the major forums up first, then have any user-created ones come after?

I can help with giving a new look to the website if you wish. (there are enought pokemon in the pokedex now we can have a "pokemon of the day" event and a lucky trainer may be able to win a level 5 of the pokemon if they have the know-how about the pokemon itself. or even set up a guessing game or somehing.) Just an idea. I figure if the look is ever-changing, people will be interested in checking things out more often.

• 2 months later...