E17 Legendary Pokemon

Filthy Casual

In the development blog, Ame mentioned that we may have the opportunity to catch some legendaries in this episode. With that in mind, which legendaries do you think we'll be able to capture? Here are my predictions:

Regirock: This one perfectly fits the desert theme. Also, while it's defense is really impressive, it's special defense is not as stellar (good, but not good enough to live attacks from Amaria).

Uxie: This one is more of a personal opinion, but out of all the Lake Trio, I feel as if Uxie is the worst. It can put in a decent amount of work on the last few gyms (disregarding Titania), but I don't think it's going to see that much use.

• Global Mods

Ame said that maybe we'll get some action with them, which doesn't necessarily mean we'll be able to catch them. I believe it's actually been confirmed before that all legendaries are postgame. "Get action" may mean like the glitch Mewtwo situation where we battle one but don't catch it, or it could mean one will make an appearance without being captured or battled at all. There's also the word "maybe" to take into account there. 

This ^

Getting some action with them might mean we're going to see the real deal, not a Dittoceus or a legendary in a glitched world, but we're certainly not going to be able to catch it anyway. I think it could be a fleeting appearance in a scripted sequence, or at most a battle with an uncatchable one.

If there is one Mon that might be considered a Legendary that will become obtainable, it's going to be Silvally. But, well, we'll have to see if Silvally will become a thing before Postgame.

We should consider the possibility of knowing why the crashes on Tourmaline Desert are happening (which is probably because of a PULSE-Legendary that can mess with the trains/debris surrounding it, but I have literally no idea of which mon could cause that, though).

Silvally isn't even a Pseudo. It's a lesser Mew, based on stat spread. So, I don't see why we wouldn't be able to get it in E17.

I think that Ame's decision to not give us any Legendaries before E4 is correct. I never liked the idea of catching Legendaries anyways, they must be something like guardian's of nature, hence free.

• Veterans

@Jess

The reason people considering Silvally to be a Legendary is because in the main game's code itself, it's designated to be in the same category as Tapu Koko and his group, which are legendaries.

Silvally is a very interesting Pokemon. Sun and Moon make distinct decisions with how it is obtained by the player - and its significance.

1.  Silvally is the evolved form of Type:Null.

This point is important because if all Pokemon are going to be obtainable - you will likely need to evolve Null to get Silvally.

2. Silvally is not one-of-a-kind, but is by no means abundant.

The first prototype of Type:Null was known as Type:Full. Gladion's Silvally is either the first Type:Full that lost control of its energy and was surpressed to become Null, or is a second Type:Null. The player is gifted either a second or third Type:Null in the Sun/Moon post game. That means it can be feasibly replicated, but not feasibly available in the wild.

3. Silvally is known as a "synthetic" Pokemon.

This means that the Pokemon is man-made, such as Mewtwo or Genesect, and "potentially" Ditto, who are rumored to be failed clones of Mew and are found only in the Pokemon Mansion and Cerulean Cave (a research lab for Mew and cavern home to Mewtwo respectively) in Pokemon Yellow. It's worth noting that Mew can learn any move, Genesect can multi-drive different attacking types, Ditto can turn into other Pokemon, and Silvally can change it's type. Humans seem to be fascinated with creating Pokemon with similar "infinity" properties to Mew and Arceus.

My verdict?

I could easily see Silvally available as an event Pokemon in E17 related to other "legendary" Pokemon - such as the Ultra Beasts.

There's a tweet from Ame out there where a player is encountering Type: Null. While I don't see it as a wild encounter- it's more likely to be found in the wild than given "legendary" status.

As others have said, we probably won't get the opportunity to capture one, but as for what we might encounter, I have a few theories:

-Suicune. I feel like this majestic beast played a huge part in cleaning up the waters and will probably appear to give us a "thank you" for making that job easier.

-Dialga and Palkia. Now this is just a hunch, but based off the teaser, I feel like we might be encountering these two either next episode or the episode after. But I'm almost certain we'll be seeing them first after the keys unlock Arceus's chamber, with maybe Giratina coming afterwards. 

-The Lake Trio (Uxie, Azelf, and Mesprit). It'd make sense to encounter these legendaries if we encounter Dialga and Palkia. Maybe they'll appear in the Mirage Tower.

If we're assuming that "legendary action" means that some of the legendaries will be involved in the main plot, I like the Regi idea. Regirock makes sense, because desert, and with all the trains/Titania's steel types rolling around, I can see Registeel having a part. That only leaves Regice, which thematically makes no sense for the desert, but with all the mountain and caves that Ame has eluded to being in the desert area, I wouldn't be surprised if we could climb to one of the snowy peaks and Regice's is up there or something.

Plus, unless it's changed from E16, I'm pretty sure Titania's epithet is "Guardian", so she's obviously guarding something. Her summoning whatever she's guarding during the plot would be hella dope.