Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Swords Dance Scolipede possible?

TheMetaphysician

Question

9 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, TheMetaphysician said:

Does anybody know if it is possible to get a Scolipede with Swords Dance on it? The Swords Dance TM isn't in yet, I've heard; is it possible to breed Swords Dance onto Scolipede?

If you go back to an older episode where TM breeding was still a mechanic or switch to Reborn Hardcore (just when breeding) where TM breeding is still a thing, it might be possible.  Do note the first risks corrupting your save files, so I would just recommend switching to the Reborn Hardcore mod for the breeding and hatching.

You still to find something in it's egg group that learns Sword Dance by level up and have it be the father.

Edited by seki108

20 minutes ago, TheMetaphysician said:

Thank you guys, that is very helpful. I wonder if I can just find someone else who has already done that and get them to trade me one.

As far as switching to Hardcore, how do I switch back and forth? Will this work: I download Hardcore as a separate program, run it, and it automatically loads my current save?

All you have to do is start a Hardcore save.  Then copy/past your current Vanilla save into the Hardcore save folder. 

If you do the breeding yourself, just copy/paste it back to vanilla when done, unless you want to fight any  opponents you have left on Hardcore mode.

Theoretically, it should work.  Just be sure the egg hatches in Hardcore;  the move won't show up if it hatches in vanilla even if you laid it in Hardcore (I've tried when breeding Protect  Eevees).

Edited by seki108

I found a kind of solution: what I wanted was a Scolipede with Speed Boost and Protect/Swords Dance/Baton Pass all on the same set (to pass speed and attack boosts).

I should be able to get a speed boost Ninjask with those three moves. I just need to breed Protect onto it, since it learns the other two by level up; and I can use my Venipedes I just bred (they learn Protect at level 15) and use your method. Not as good as Scolipede, but it will do what I want it to do.

4 hours ago, TheMetaphysician said:

Well, it didn't work. And I know why. Scolipede can learn Swords Dance by TM, but Venipede can't. So I think I'm stuck. :(

I never even considered something like this issue.....

4 hours ago, TheMetaphysician said:

I found a kind of solution: what I wanted was a Scolipede with Speed Boost and Protect/Swords Dance/Baton Pass all on the same set (to pass speed and attack boosts).

I should be able to get a speed boost Ninjask with those three moves. I just need to breed Protect onto it, since it learns the other two by level up; and I can use my Venipedes I just bred (they learn Protect at level 15) and use your method. Not as good as Scolipede, but it will do what I want it to do.

but it seems you got a work-around for it.