A Casual Playthrough of Reborn Hardcore

Filthy Casual

This play through is going to be slightly different. Since this isn't going to be told as if it's a story, I'm going to update this through quick thoughts/reactions. Just keep in mind that I'm a casual player. This means if I am angry at something in this game in particular, it's because I suck rather than something the game did (cough cough FULL MOON cough cough). This is especially true given the fact that this is my very first run through Hardcore mode. With that in mind, let's get started!

Before we begin, we've got to pick a name for our hero. As such, here's the name of our character for this run-through.

fKXIjEE.png

As a casual Pokemon player, there's only one starter I'll ever be thrilled using, of course. You can probably guess from the profile picture, but here he is!

fUO3Ccs.png

After quickly exiting the building, we decided to train Achilles (Mudkip) up for a bit. I've always been used to fighting a scientist as one of our first battles. However, when talking to him...

...well, things got quite a bit more interesting...

Wn4223c.png

ijRQpBR.png

Needless to say, there's not only a Reborn League, but a "Hardcore League", as well! I'm looking forward to seeing what this league will bring to the table, but until then, this person had a task for us.

bKJbBQd.png

3llcqCq.png

He even told us that he had an EXP Share. We never got it, but if we can get it early, that would be awesome! In a game like Hardcore where fights are much more difficult, I feel as if the EXP share would almost be a necessity. Regardless, we knew if we were to survive, we would need to catch some more team members! As such, let's meet the new recruits!

Spoiler

YET39NV.png

R1bQo0Z.png

VMEUzRS.png

I love all of these recruits! Sarah Palin is shiny, Puccho has Volt Absorb (which will be amazing for the first gym), and Dietrich is Jolly! The team is already looking pretty decent for this point in the game!

After we trained up our team, we did a bit more exploring, where we ran into none other than Fern, a person who's obnoxious behavior would even give Jake from Zeta/Omicron a run for his money.

3qqTdw0.png

It was time for a battle!

Spoiler

gocFcx6.png

RP4Yfj2.png

The battle begins with Puccho tanking Lombre's attacks, KOing the threat with Bide (I feel as if I'm going to be using that move a fair amount).

sDrtj2d.png

Dietrich skillfully dodges the Wrap, 2HKOing Servine with Fury Cutter.

KqjrThT.png

Roselia stands no chance.

DHvhkjR.png

After our battle, Fern rage quit, claiming he was needed elsewhere. As such, next time, we'll be taking on the first gym!

Current Team

Spoiler

If you have any suggestions for team composition, I would love to hear them. I'll definitely need some tips for my team. I have some ideas in the future, but have no idea who to use at this moment.

8XsaAHX.png

As I continue through this game, I'm getting even more impressed. First, let me just say that I was not prepared to fight Team Meteor!

HwV2COZ.png

It really does test your skill level so far, and I really appreciate this game for doing so! Because these grunts were at such a high level, however, we got two more evolutions!

Spoiler

NFSjo3W.png

RyWOP65.png

I really love this Halloween Bibarel!

It took us a while, but we eventually made it to the most boring character in the game Sirius!

6YsIEOk.png

I always feel kind of let down when I see Sirius, because I feel as if there could have been so much more done with his character. Still, we were at least able to take on Aster and Eclipse, and...

...the fight was pretty unremarkable. Then again, this is because I had Puccho (Volt Absorb Pachirisu) and Achilles (Marshtomp). The battle was over as soon as it began.

After that quick defeat, we went into the gym, ready to challenge Julia. However, as we entered her room, we were pleasantly surprised to discover none other than Johnathan waiting for us!

q4Cp0pH.png

He told us that we could either fight Julia with her normal team, or with her "alternate" team. Curious to see what that meant, we decided to fight her alternate team. Honestly, with the 4v6 battle, I was happy we did! It was a challenging yet fun fight!

Spoiler

BcxlN3v.png

Fb8dKiw.png

The battle begins with Puccho targeting Bronzor with Spark while Dietrich targets Electrike with Fury Cutter. Bronzor is paralyzed, and Electrike goes down.

sbY3qIH.png

Puccho uses his turn to heal Dietrich with a potion. Dietrich tanks the Acrobatics (FUCK YEAH) and KOs with Fury Cutter. Bronzor is paralyzed.

9pX9equ.png

Spark doesn't KO Bronzor, and Stunfisk tanks the Fury Cutter. Dietrich goes down.

nLES5l3.png

Both Puccho and Palin take out Bronzor and Stunfisk.

wGk1tze.png

Palin tanks a Charge Beam from Electrode as Plusle goes for Nasty Plot. Puccho doesn't get off much damage on Plusle with Quick Attack, but takes good damage from Palin's Headbutt. Palin is KOd by Electrode with a Discharge, while Plusle goes for the same move. Both Electrode and Plusle damage each other while Puccho's Volt Absorb activates.

ekmMTJL.png

Achilles takes Plusle down with Mud Shot. Electrode is hit by a Spark.

DE19WH8.png
At this point, the battle is won.

GmQqslK.png

Dietrich (Kricketune) and Puccho can both share the title for MVP of this fight.

Before we decided to end this session, we walked back to the grand hall, wanting to see if Johnathan had anything for us. Indeed, he had what is arguably one of the coolest things I have ever seen.

xCikPNG.png

MMfWwRA.png

YOU CAN BECOME PLAYABLE CHARACTERS!

I don't know who's idea this was, but bravo to whoever thought that! That's such a fun idea to implement! They even play completely differently, as they can only use specific Pokemon. Seriously, that's such a cool idea!

Regardless, next time, we'll be hunting down more of these characters, as well as attempting to head through the alleyway!

Current Team

Spoiler

uav3LhH.png

A lot of changes have been made since the last update! First, we found some awesome new Pokemon! Let's meet the new members!

Spoiler

hwkqKfU.png

VOTOLah.png

You probably see their items. I lucked out! Who knows, Taillow may make the final squad. I have an idea of what I want my core of 6 to look like, but only time will tell. Who knows, maybe even Tipsy Bear will make it! After all, wouldn't it be hilarious to beat Hardcore with a Spinda?

That wasn't all, though. We ended up finding this guy in his house:

D3Q0ONT.png

Out of sheer curiosity, this meant goodbye to Palin (Bibarel). Here's who we got in return:

pMeJyzo.png

Maybe Shimmer will be used. However, until then, he is being placed in the box.

That wasn't all, however. We found that Fern robot, and...

...well...

hS0I3JB.png

...THIS IS SO COOL!

I may use this one day for a gym battle. The fact that we always have the option is really cool!

Regardless, we ran into Florinia, who requested our assistance with a PULSE Tangrowth on the loose. The only way to reach it would be to travel through the alley. Unfortunately for us, someone didn't quite think it was such as good idea.

9thFbBb.png

The only way we could make it past would be to defeat her in a battle!

Spoiler

5fBVl5d.png

umk8bw2.png

The battle begins with Scraggy getting blown away with Aerial Ace.

HXEJ3a1.png

Drunky Bear is able to defeat Makuhita with a couple Psybeams.

3GN0K9J.png

Achilles walls Pignite to death.

ULp0ALQ.png

A couple Sparks brings Kirlia down.

sQIl6oY.png

LOL

uy2vBGd.png

With our victory, we were allowed passage into the alleyway. There, we caught yet another new team member:

Spoiler

i5yJVA0.png

Eventually, after making our way through the alley, we stumbled across a group of Scraggy, as well as their leader.

OBVqQFc.png

It was time to fight!

Spoiler

ia3OQTp.png

The battle begins with Cherokee going for Focus Energy while Tipsy Bear gets off as much damage as he can with Hyper Voice. He goes down.

goGl26v.png

Puccho goes for Nuzzle on Stallord while Dragonborn is hit with Aerial Ace. Cherokee goes down.

nxcjQR0.png

Dietrich KOs with Fury Cutter while Puccho hits Stallord with Spark. Puccho is hit by a Drain Punch.

C0x1uUS.png

Tyson is blown away by a critical Fury Cutter. Another Drain Punch almost does Puccho in.

RnZ9qIv.png

Puccho goes down, but Fury Cutter does massive damage to Big Boss. Puccho even manages to get in a Nuzzle.

LWze48g.png

Dietrich is able to finish off Big Boss while Cleveland's Stench Double Slap flinches Bog Boss.

WkCLKKV.png

At this point, Stallord cannot do anything other than attempt to delay the inevitable.

u2eR0Aw.png

With our victory, we now have access to the Lapis Ward. Next time, we'll be taking on Florinia for our next badge!

Current Team

Spoiler

LYe6a59.png

It's nice to follow a Hardcore run, as I've no knowledge of the Hardcore mod. I wish you the best of luck! 

How come you were able to catch a Tailow? I've never encountered one I believe (at least not that early in the game).

And one request: could you do all the battles where there's a choice against the alternative team?

4 minutes ago, HongaarseBeer said:

It's nice to follow a Hardcore run, as I've no knowledge of the Hardcore mod. I wish you the best of luck! 

How come you were able to catch a Tailow? I've never encountered one I believe (at least not that early in the game).

And one request: could you do all the battles where there's a choice against the alternative team?

In the garden in Hardcore, it turns out you can use Headbutt on the trees to find a Taillow. I'm not sure if they all have Lucky Eggs, but I'm happy mine did!  I may do the alternate battles, as they seem to be a bit harder. I love a good challenge, and I'll definitely need it, too, as I suck at traditional Pokemon games!

Back in E15 there were random discussions about the protagonist getting replaced if they die and the talk of making mods for side stories. I designed the party system for a framework in case people were still interested in creating them. I do have a few more plans for it and to make the mechanics a bit more involved for the side stuff.

Glad you are enjoying the mod so far and as for alternate battles, that is probably the second biggest hit with this game after the level limiter. Don't worry if you don't want to fight both as I give you an option for a reason.

• Global Mods

Good luck with hardcore! I found it very fun myself.

If you want to play with the party system some more, I'll shamelessly plug the fact that with help from other hardcore players, I put together a bit of a guide to locations of party members and their extra pokemon. And it's not 100% complete, so if you find anything not currently listed there, feel free to share!

Dear god, things are getting intense! I'm going to need some party suggestions soon. I have an idea of who I'm going to replace soon, but things are starting to get really intense! The adventure started off with us exploring the Lapis ward. You know the drill. Amaria tries to save the Oshawott but can't, Cain saves it, Oshawott joins the team, then reaching in Cain's pants and evolving into a Dewott by grabbing and eating a rare candy from his pocket...

c0RaFzh.png

...wait, what?!

I really wish I could do that! That's so cool to see!

jFuq4fV.png

Also, gross, Cain!

Spoiler

KAjEu9e.png

XAvR9qb.png

The battle begins with Tipsy Bear picking up the KO with Psybeam.

krlQaXo.png

A couple Mud Shots are enough to take down Nidorino.

2UZVkaw.png

Puccho takes Dewott down with Spark.

JEHG7A6.png

Cherokee is able to outlast Venonat and KO with Aerial Ace.

abaGbyf.png

Gastly decides to be a jerk and go for Confuse Ray + Curse. Cherokee brings herself down.

FBVZdT0.png

Luckily, Tipsy Bear finishes Gastly off with Psybeam.

gddGj43.png

After our victory, we decided to take on the PULSE Tangrowth. The battle itself wasn't too hard. Tipsy Bear (Spinda) easily handled the beast with Psybeams (as well as paralysis from Puccho the Pachirisu's Nuzzle). We even got an evolution after the battle!

Spoiler

EUIhIl0.png

After defeating the creature, we did a bit more exploring, where we found this interesting building.

XZr4Kf0.png

Needless to say, the people here have a surprising amount of character for NPCs! I know I'll be visiting this place a fair amount. Until then, we still had a rematch with Fern!

Spoiler

oMSHGHW.png

1sH7EJt.png

The battle begins with Cherokee KOing Ludicolo with Aerial Ace.

9nQOPT2.png

Cleveland is able to take Grovyle down with a couple Sludges.

yNbfkCH.png

Here's where all of the misplays happen. After getting hit with a Leech Seed + Iron Barbs combo, I switch out to...

E10GOfF.png

...why?!

Yeah, that was a really stupid idea.

OS8h3Pd.png

Fury Cutter is not enough to take Ferroseed out, as Iron Barbs takes its tole.

qYzeMCK.png

Luckily, Tipsy Bear takes Ferroseed down with Psybeam.

71gbnYI.png

Servine is no match for Aerial Ace.

Bvlpo0q.png

Puccho is sent in to paralyze Roselia with Nuzzle. He goes down.

Z037SIk.png

Psybeam isn't quite enough to take out Roselia, as Tipsy Bear is taken down by Poison Jab.

3hDqlVS.png

Luckily, Cherokee is in the back.

o7TWJWK.png

If I'm honest, I didn't deserve to win that. I switched in a water/ground type on a grass type! I feel like Cameron from the anime right now (to be fair, he still won)!

Despite our win, we still had to take on Florinia. We decided to go for alternate mode again, and my god, this fight was brutal!

Spoiler

0E6IKyL.png

7o3rX0W.png

The battle begins with Tipsy Bear getting OHKOd by Maractus's Needle Arm. Cleveland is hit with Leech Seed, as Whimsicott is hit by Sludge.

Z0xV3cT.png

Maratus switches out for Carnivine. Cleveland takes out Whimsicott while Carnivine is hit by an Aerial Ace. All seems to be going will until...

lLuBoE9.png

FUCK THIS STEELIX!

Cherokee sets up the Double Team while Cleveland goes down.

smRPT9R.png

Dietrich misses the Sing! This causes Cherokee to take massive damage from Iron Tail. However, Carnivine goes down to an Aerial Ace.

8pLzbGX.png

This time, Sing lands. However, Dietrich sustains heavy damage from Rock Slide as Cherokee goes down.

vfEKD0t.png

Cherokee lands another Sing on Hippopotas. Achilles begins to spam Mud Bomb. This gives me an idea. Dietrich switches out for Puccho (Pachirisu) while Achilles skillfully dodges Steelix's Rock Slide.

dKuFjjL.png

Puccho's turn is used to heal Dietrich (Kricketune). However, Achilles takes down Steelix. Unfortunately, as Hippopotas wakes up, it becomes obvious Puccho's end is certain. As such, a cotton candy is used on Tipsy Bear (Spinda).

ACTc05H.png

Tipsy Bear makes up for his struggles in the beginning by landing the Hypnosis on Hippopotas. Achilles gets blown away by Needle Arm.

BvwNikZ.png

Dietrich goes for Fury Cutter on Maractus. However, Tipsy Bear goes down, as his turn is used reviving Cherokee (Swellow).

EPXSwn3.png

Cherokee finishes Maractus off with Aerial Ace. Hippopotas doesn't go down to Fury Cutter. It wakes up, going for Crunch on Cherokee. She fortunately tanks the hit. 

9wpW7Nh.png

Cherokee and Dietrich double team Cradily. Cherokee goes down.

5ufd9FV.png

At this point, it's a matter of speed.

2dWQ0IP.png

I honestly don't know who's the MVP of this fight. On one hand, Dietrich's Fury Cutter won us the fight. On the other hand, without Achilles (Marshtomp), we lose to Steelix. Then again, the Hypnosis of Tipsy Bear (Spinda) was arguably the deciding factor of the battle. Even the speed of Cherokee (Swellow) was extremely helpful. As such, I'm going to let you decide who the MVP of that fight was.

Next time, we are going to be taking on Taka in the Jasper Ward! I'd love to hear suggestions on how to improve my team. I feel as if I'm going to need it soon. Puccho (Pachirisu) is probably getting boxed for Mareep, but only time will tell what happens soon.

Current Team

Spoiler

Me3ZgeX.png

Edited by Filthy Casual

3 hours ago, Awesome_One said:

Nice job so far. But I'm curious. What are your thoughts on the Alternate teams of the Gym Leaders and how some of their Pokémon aren't the correct typings for their gym? I'm sure there's a reason but I'm curious as to how you feel.

I really like them! They feel like harder versions of the Insurgence gyms, where they stick to themes rather than types. I'm likely going to be sticking with only alternate gyms, as I'm curious to see what themes will be used for each leader.

23 minutes ago, Filthy Casual said:

I really like them! They feel like harder versions of the Insurgence gyms, where they stick to themes rather than types. I'm likely going to be sticking with only alternate gyms, as I'm curious to see what themes will be used for each leader.

Yea. It does seem to feel like that. Although, I still don't see how Bronzor fits with Julia... Unless it explodes. Haha.

@Filthy Casual This is very interesting! I like it so far.

However, even though you're doing a great job, two objections.

1) You don't trade away the Lord and saviour Bidoof in its holy glowiness of a shiny. 

2) If Puccho the Pachirisu is pronounced with a "CH" like in "cheese", better learn that your Pachirisu should never EVER visit Greece, since you legit just called it a dick. :D 

3 minutes ago, Jess said:

@Filthy Casual This is very interesting! I like it so far.

However, even though you're doing a great job, two objections.

1) You don't trade away the Lord and saviour Bidoof in its holy glowiness of a shiny. 

2) If Puccho the Pachirisu is pronounced with a "CH" like in "cheese", better learn that your Pachirisu should never EVER visit Greece, since you legit just called it a dick. :D 

Thank you! To respond to your two points:

1) I feel as if shinies aren't as important in this game as they are in the main series, as they have a much higher chance of showing up. Besides, Sarah Palin (Bibarel) can now tell that guy how she can see Russia from her house.

2) A puccho is a type of candy made in Japan. I think English speakers pronounce it as "Puck-O". Still, I've now learned a bit about insults in Greece, lol.

Sorry this is late, everyone! I've been working on a project of mine, and didn't have time to work on this. As such, the first thing we did was take a look back at the Hardcore HQ. There, things started to get interesting...

gd4ZNwM.png

Clearly, Johnathan is hiding something. Only time will tell, but I'm excited to see what this storyline has to offer.

Before we went to fight Taka, we did a bit of training, receiving some new team members!

Spoiler

9RewKA5.png

OHI7PnD.png

Long story short, I decided to box Cleveland (Trubbish) and Puccho (Pachirisu). I feel as if these two Pokemon will be more beneficial in the long run.

Eventually, we made it through the Jasper Ward, where we found that Team Meteor had set up another PULSE Machine!

cBGNbpD.png

Taka gave his speech about how horrible Team Meteor is being, and then claimed that he was assigned to take us down. It was time to fight!

Spoiler

YtRCUcr.png

aDeOQKk.png

The battle begins with Hamlet setting up a Light Screen. Unfortunately, the Lileep is too strong, barely surviving. This causes a change of tactics.

Fix1QbF.png

Tipsy Bear puts Lileep to sleep with Hypnosis, switching out immediately.

H1HZDIt.png

Fury Cutter finishes Lileep off.

kLa2jI4.png

Gligar is blown away by Bide.

aznkzj6.png

Nuzzle and Electro Ball decimate Chatot.

r7SYZhj.png

Klefki meets a similar fate.

S5pztZD.png

Skip gets off a Nuzzle before going down.

3dWeJDI.png

Achilles is able to lower accuracy with Mud Bomb, providing insurance for the team.

D4kc1k5.png

Hamlet gets blown back by Knock Off, but not before doing massive damage with Psyshock.

njdfqdT.png

Cherokee is able to finish Tangrowth with Aerial Ace!

ZUvc8xF.png

With Taka defeated, next time, we're not only going to save the police officers, but also fight Taka and ZEL at the same time...

...I'm going to die a lot, aren't I?

Current Team

Spoiler

0VHkhHy.png

Before fighting Taka and ZEL, I took some time in order to save the officers. As such, we now have a new member:

mN3jbLp.png

She's going to be useful against Corey!

However, we still had one job to do before we could do that...

pPWfHQW.png

...oh, no...

Spoiler

7lD3lvU.png

The battle begins with Tipsy Bear putting Glaceon to sleep while Hamlet finishes it off with Psyshocks.

Ub5KKHG.png

Umbreon gets hit with a couple Charms. Tipsy Bear is switched out.

AGVf82q.png

Cherokee uses this opportunity to KO Lileep.

PtHuGxY.png

Cherokee and Hamlet double team Gligar. Unfortunately, it's not enough, as it goes down.

2td70Zx.png

Umbreon is hit with Nuzzle. Hamlet goes down to Acrobatics and Feint Attack.
ggHazn5.png

Achilles goes for Rock Slide while Skip finishes Gligar off with Acrobatics. Achilles gets the flinch.

2Rf2lrW.png

Achilles is switched out for Tipsy Bear (Spinda), who gets KOd immediately by Tangrowth. Luckily, Skip gets off huge damage with Acrobatics.

V2O9xbf.png

Dietrich and Skip finish off Tangrowth. Dietrich goes down in the process.

YNrR8mo.png

Rock Slide and Nuzzle incapacitate Chatot. It goes down to Electro Ball.

3ag8lB3.png

Skip goes for Nuzzle and Electro Ball again. This time, he receives assistance from Achilles with Mud Bomb. Skip unfortunately sustains heavy damage from Foul Play.

xvYfaeQ.png

Electro Ball finishes Umbreon off.

a5B7i6v.png

Skip gets off one more Nuzzle before going down. Rock Slide does massive damage.

ayJnT0v.png

Espeon can't handle another Rock Slide.

PYAR0YU.png

Jolteon stands no chance against Achilles. The battle is pretty much over.

PafWvmd.png

Qut5iJx.png

If there's one thing I learned from this, it's that I need to do some training. This is probably the last we're going to see of Dietrich (Kricketune), but she put in work.

With our victory, we exposed Corey, traumatizing Heather for life in the process. Next time, we'll be taking on Corey's alternate battle!

Current Team

Spoiler

iVNqCVR.png

Well, that battle took a long time! I unfortunately couldn't find Johnathan. I'm actually curious, @Commander; is there an alternate battle for this, or am I just being dumb and missed Johnathan in plain sight? Even so, we still had to stop Corey from mind controlling the police officers...

2ewTEUb.png

...dear god, this is going to be brutal...

Spoiler

lrWzPzn.png

w2EhMtL.png

The battle begins with Skip going for Nuzzle. He immediately switches out after getting hit by Icy Wind.

4RZydE1.png

Quilfish almost gets blown away by Psyshock. As Hamlet heals, Quilfish switches out.

h9DxU5H.png

Hamlet almost KOs Swallow. As it switches out back to Quilfish, Psyshock takes it down. Unfortunately, Hamlet goes down due to poison.

l1AdLVJ.png

Tipsy Bear misses the Hypnosis. He goes down after hitting Sucker Punch.

giig5fg.png

Achilles gets the accuracy drop with Mud Bomb. It switches out.

Y6hOiGq.png

Achilles KOs Swalot with Mud Bomb.

Bitr9OS.png

Achilles almost KOs Nidoqueen again. As he heals, it switches again.

O7g32P9.png

Achilles is easily able to tank Scolipede, KOing it with a Rock Slide.

JQJwD6H.png

Cherokee outspeeds and KOs with Aerial Ace.

iEquwsK.png

Tessa KOs with Flame Burst. She goes down, as well.

Cxvd4kF.png

Cherokee is sacrificed to heal Skip (Emolga) and Achilles (Cherokee). She goes down.

b8z7HPf.png

The Nuzzle to Electro Ball combo doesn't KO. Skip goes down.

aFg38VV.png

Achilles is able to tank Crobat after being cured of poison. Rock Slide KOs Crobat.

NWeOY1O.png

Achilles is easily the MVP for this fight. He carried us the whole battle.

After winning, Corey claimed he was going to show us something on the bridge. However, before we did, we received a Growlithe Egg. After trading it for the mystery egg, we got...

Spoiler

R2NlKEk.png

...Omanyte, huh? Maybe I'll use it one day. It kind of makes me sad that my starter is not only a water starter, but also my favorite water type/ Still, who knows? Maybe it'll be a great member.

Next time, we'll be meeting up Corey at the bridge!

Current Team

Spoiler

MDC7VAI.png

Edited by Filthy Casual

Corey already has two battles so if I did an Alternate battle for him, I would technically need to make 4 battles. I did a poll to see if I should just allow players to swap which fight to pick and well you can probably guess it was a big no. Kiki also doesn't have one for the time being.

After our victory, we decided to meet up with Corey. Unfortunately for us, it seemed he didn't want to give us a badge.

95iGIjG.png

It's still really neat that entire cutscenes were changed to match these new teams. I really appreciate the effort put into this mod. However, these changes weren't enough to save Corey, who still took his own life. We decided to head down to check it out. Fortunately, we received a new evolution along the way!

Spoiler

lAHp0Z7.png

It's time to destroy some souls!

Eventually, we made it back down to the Lapis Ward, where we found that Corey had spilled his fruit punch outside of the gym.

bXGdU1V.png

With the help of Satan Victoria, we discovered that Corey was a member of Team Meteor. We tracked two of their members to the Grand Stairway, where they had kidnapped Victoria. We gave them chase, where we found none other than Solaris.

0suX1yq.png

He explained to us that he wasn't going to stop us from stoping his minions. Needless to say, the duo seemed confused.

wHZi4Fu.png

It was time to fight them off!

Spoiler

TPFKoJb.png

The battle begins with Hamlet setting up a Light Screen after going for Fake Out on Solrock. Lunatone goes down to Emboar's Sucker Punch, but Solrock gets the revenge on Emboar.

W7y0JUB.png

Electabuzz and Solrock double team Hamlet.

vZP3ohV.png

Scraggy gets off a Payback on Solrock. It goes down.

ug0iF1r.png

Scraggy goes down to Rhyhorn, but sustains heavy damage from Achilles.

1qXKGQp.png

Achilles hits Electabuzz with a Mud Bomb, almost knocking it out. Rhyhorn goes down to a Brick Break.

yig201D.png

Achilles gets off a Rock Slide on the duo. Hariyama goes down.

lqDmGch.png

Achilles manages to tank Fire Spin and Water Pulse in order to pick up the KO with Mud Bomb on Magmar.

PhcoU9A.png

Achilles goes down to Water Pulse.

EFYUUeE.png

Nuzzle and Electro Ball decimate Milotic.

DbXSlGu.png

With our victory, Victoria hurried back to Shelly, wanting to cheer her up. Next time, we'll be taking on Shelly for the next badge!

Current Team

Spoiler

jHGZZUF.png

After our victory, we quickly ran back to Shelly, checking to see if she was alright. Of course, Victoria offered to bring her to the local psychiatrist, Dr. Sigmund Connal. However, Shelly had a touching character moment, realizing it was Heather who lost her father and not her. This meant she would try to be a better friend to Heather. We would finally be able to challenge-

87DH4L7.png

COME ON!

Spoiler

Znz6Mns.png

fi6EHJ4.png

The battle begins with Skip setting up the Double Team, dodging the Payback. Skip gets hit by a Life Orb Poison Jab, poisoning him. However, a couple Acrobatics brings Scraggy down.

QbNJvSU.png

Acrobatics does massive damage to Gallade. However, Skip goes down.

bePeaYB.png

Cherokee finishes the job with Aerial Ace.

jOgEZ4e.png

Hamlet does massive damage with Psyshock. Poliwrath is forced to switch out.

li5jyBM.png

Hariyama tries to set up the Belly Drum. However, Psyshock brings it to the red, meaning it can't set up. Hariyama is wasted.

UtLbJWJ.png

Poliwrath is the next to go.

URwUSNC.png

Tipsy Bear tries to get off a Teeter Dance. That doesn't work too well, unfortunately.

xac98mZ.png

Luckily, Achilles finishes the job with Mud Bomb.

bA2Mp3c.png

After our victory, we proceeded to traverse through the gym. When we were about to access Shelly's chambers, we ran into a member of the Hardcore league, who told us a bit about the alternate battle.

wswq5qO.png

SCEUZIF.png

Without the traditional Fake Out-Flame Burst strategy, it would be much harder to set up on Shelly's team. Still, with determination, we went forward to-

zhiUTqD.png

YOU FUCKING CHEATER!

Seriously, though, this person was about to challenge Shelly, as well. However, there was one problem:

Ky1iNnT.png

cohGXo1.png

I'm not sure what happens if you make him go first. However, we decided to help him, perhaps allowing him to pull off a miracle 1v6 victory in the process. Without hesitation, we went to battle!

Spoiler

NDmVhTy.png

WTNqsiT.png

The battle begins with Skip going for Nuzzle. Illumise gets paralyzed. She is then continuously paralyzed while Skip spams Acrobatics. Illumise has no choice but to switch out for Masquerain.

v9q2P1I.png

A Nuzzle paralyzes Masquerain in place. Electro Ball finishes it off.

Bx0l073.png

Skip goes for Nuzzle. He goes down, but puts in a ton of work.

9lS8WHI.png

Achilles finishes Crustle off with a couple Rock Slides.

WDqC3dH.png

Tipsy Bear gets off a Teeter Dance and Sucker Punch before going down.

BnR7ScV.png

Cherokee easily outspeeds, almost KOing Scyther. It is forced to switch out.

iXRF5yV.png

Cherokee OHKOs with Aerial Ace.

LXySSIU.png

Another Aerial Ace somehow doesn't finish Scyther off. Cherokee goes down.

9C4xqin.png

Luckily, Fake Out finishes the job.

OXabhWD.png

Tessa gets off the Flame Burst, changing the field. Forretress goes down to the field.

YBvucLV.png

Tessa's turn is used to heal Achilles (Swampert). She goes down to Ancientpower.

nT6LhLS.png

Hamlet goes for Light Screen. His final turn is spent healing Achilles (Swampert) some more before going down.

BwdYjYi.png

Heather goes for a couple Giga Drains. Fortunately, because of the field and Light Screen, Achilles tanks the attacks, KOing with a couple Rock Slides.

6Q4n4Eu.png

That was a close fight! The obvious MVP here is Skip (Emolga). He put us in a great position to win!

With our victory, we ended up informing our new friend about the fight. He then proceeded to tell us this:

ZXSyD9P.png

WczBGZI.png

Now I really want to know what happens! Still, next time, we'll be continuing the story by helping out the children in the orphanage!

Current Team

Spoiler

M1Q49kc.png

One overlooked and even missed detail with HC is that Corey's team actually changes depending on if you rescue all the police or not. I had to put my brain together to actually figure this out, but during the suicide scene, it'll actually swap depending on which Corey you fought showing the correct team. There's actually a little fact about Alternate Battles in that all leaders actually are allowed to hold 10 Pokemon at a time but can only use 6 in battle. It's a bit of a reference to how leaders had more than one team when facing them in the league. In fact most of the alternate battles are based on either the actual league members strats or previous versions of Reborn (which they were called Nostalgia bosses). Julia and Florinia are a little bit different as I based them off their Maison teams due to the whole 3 grass and 3 electric gym leaders. Julia's team I may revert to a mono, but Florinia is keeping her Steelix as at this point it has become a staple to her.

As for the Politoed Guy, that's probably one of the most infamous moments of E15 in HC. So many people set the field on fire for Shelly in the original build complaining in the original build and due to her being so reluctant to use Rain Dance (people even said "why don't you only teach it Rain Dance?") I set her field to perma rain causing her to go from easiest leader into a bloody murderer. Her fights have been slightly nerfed, but I kept the perma-rain feature in case anyone ever wants to take on that challenge. Shelly's also one of those leaders you could debate whether reg or alt Shelly is stronger.