Looking for Pokémon trainers!

ssbCasper

Hello once again, I'm starting to become a regular on these forums after lurking on it for the longest time. Anyways I didn't know what to name this topic, but the jist is that I wanted to incorporate some of the awesome community in my fangame. Most of the gym leaders and other important figures are friends of mine irl. But im sure some of you would like to see yourselves in a game. So if your interested just make a comment somewhat similar to this.

trainer name:

trainer type:

Favorite type, types or theme for a team:

Ace Pokemon:

Character traits or personality:

(optimal): if you were an important figure what would your sprite be like: 

Edit: Thanks for all the submissions! You won't all be in the first public release of course but don't worry. Somewhere in my giant word document and excel sheets all your trainer info is saved. 

Edited by ssbCasper

This is more based on the anime character that I based my Rejuvination character on, but kind of applies, though it's not what I personally would be.  I'll delete when I come back, if you think it doesn't apply.

-Shiny Chariot

-Performer/Magician (assuming we can make a trainer class)

-Mostly Psychic and Fairy (for flashy performances)

-Gardevoir (Mega)

-Wants to bring smiles to people through performances (not always canon Contests or Showcases though) ; flashy; stubborn; traveling showperson; tries to help if stumbling upon a serious situation,  but might get in over her head (such is the case of NPC's in Pokemon games);

-Can be a recurring battlable trainer that might help in one storyline thread; might give an HM or rare mon acquired on travels---maybe a megastone (Diancieite) 

-I'm not really sure, though there might be a canon female sprite (hopefully with a cape) that could be slightly recolored........

(I actually did look on Pixiv to see if anyone had created any LWA Pokemon-style sprite but couldn't find any.  Found some crossover art on google though.  Also, an akko lookalike seems to have appeared in a recent S/M episode)

Spoiler

Edited by seki108

This one is based on how people often see me irl.

Name: Jay

Trainer type: biker (preferably the type with long hair and a beard) or a rocker type with a bit of a biker look.

Prefered type: rock/steel

Ace pokemon: no-guard midnight Lycanroc or Rock head Aron line with later on Head Smash if it becomes a recurring character.

Personality: kind but rough, a bit distant, silent, wary and suspicious of other people, calm after defeat (maybe a using a quote from a song)

(Thought this would be fun, I look like a biker, can often be found while listening to music, I generally keep to myself unless I'm online, I don't really like people and don't trust them most of the time, people that don't know me often think I'm some kind of guy that likes to look for trouble while people who are a little close to me tell me I'm a nice guy)

Edited by Noctelis

trainer name: Wolfox

trainer type: Lore keeper

Favorite type, types or theme for a team: I'll just tell the team: Gardevoir, Chandelure, Absol, Tyrantrum, Yanmega, Gyarados

Ace Pokemon: Shiny (Mega) Gardevoir (mega only is possible)

Character traits or personality: I would seem cold and distant, yet I would simply be a man of few words. I would travel the region with my Pokemon to uncover mysteries of ancient civilizations. I would at times help the protagonist against the evil team if said evil team would have any interest in the hidden secrets of old for whatever reason. After the first time, I'd give the protagonist a fossil to their choice, a few times in I'd give them a Pokemon egg, a Ralts Egg to be specific. Eventually, I'd probably help the protagonist stand against the evil team in the final stand.

(optimal): if you were an important figure what would your sprite be like: kinda like Riley, but jet black hair, red eyes, instead of a hat hair covering one of the eyes (left).

Edited by Wolfox
I forgot to add my pride as Magikarp salesman to the team. you could also make me that ofcourse, just don't make me a shady one, make me an honest buisnessman

Name: Jess

Trainer Type: (Female) Nerdy Lepidopterist (The female cross of Super Nerd and Bug Catcher/Lepidopterist)

SOMETHING LIKE HER

313e941bc3be2f4aa56f8a841f21ca6d.jpg

Favourite Type: Bug

Ace Pokemon: Vivillon (Marine Pattern), Crustle, Ariados (shiny)

Personality: Likes weird things that most people consider creepy/disgusting/useless. Has a strange habit of naming her pens/pencils and trying to equally use each one of them in order for them to not feel that they get treated unequally and get sad because of this. Extremely upbeat and cheerful on the surface, but gets fierce and opinionated when she senses unfairness/hypocricy. Her OCD sometimes makes her walk while trying not to step between casual pavement plaques (or on any tiny Durant babies by accident). Strangers think she is dancing, while she just walks and avoids the aforementioned things. When sad, she draws abstract geometrical sketches in her notebook, patterned after her Ariados' nets.

Just now, Noctelis said:

@JessShouldn't she also have a Golissopod as ace?

Lots of people think it's an extremely useless pokemon, so it would fit perfectly in her team the way you described her.

(Used Golissopod myself to completely destroy all trainers who specialized in grass/dark/psychic pokemon)

Well, I just described myself to be honest :) 

Everything was true. I have never used a Golisopod so far (never had the chance), so that's why I didn't put it in.

Vivillon represents my love for looking posh and chic. Crustle is my opinionated, solid-rock head and fighting spirit, and Ariados my love for things most people consider ugly (spiders)/useless (Ariados).

Just saying, I will so get a Golisopod in my E17 update of Bug mono! ;) 

1 minute ago, Jess said:

Well, I just described myself to be honest :) 

Everything was true. I have never used a Golisopod so far (never had the chance), so that's why I didn't put it in.

Vivillon represents my love for looking posh and chic. Crustle is my opinionated, solid-rock head and fighting spirit, and Ariados my love for things most people consider ugly (spiders)/useless (Ariados).

Just saying, I will so get a Golisopod in my E17 update of Bug mono! ;) 

Had a Golisopod in my main team in Pokemon Moon.

Golisopod isn't very good because of it's ability, but is great with it's signature move First Impression.

Because of it's low speed and abundance of weaknesses it often switches out before it actually has a chance to even make a move.

And I had to teach my mother how to actually get a Wimpod in Pokemon Moon.

10 minutes ago, Noctelis said:

Had a Golisopod in my main team in Pokemon Moon.

Golisopod isn't very good because of it's ability, but is great with it's signature move First Impression.

Because of it's low speed and abundance of weaknesses it often switches out before it actually has a chance to even make a move.

And I had to teach my mother how to actually get a Wimpod in Pokemon Moon.

Yes, First Impression is basically a destroyer of Dark, Grass and Psychic pokemon. Use also Aqua Jet and Sucker Punch and it is also useful vs Ghost and (weakened or not, since it has an amazing Attack stat) Fire, Rock, Ground types.

I don't think it's as bad as people say. It's ability is bad and prevents it from Swords Dancing many times, but its Defence stat and good Defensive typing aren't making setting up THAT impossible! :) 

PS: Give it a Sitrus Berry ;) 

Edited by Jess

name: Groniack

trainer type: ranger

team theme: Well, the whole team would be Leafeon, Volcarona and Flygon. I would love to see this team in a field with sunny day always active

ace pokemon: Obviously Leafeon! With chlorophyll as its ability in that field, it would be really good!

Personality: A chilled guy who enjoys taking naps under the trees. He likes to play the flute in the nature making wild pokemon calm and friendly. He prefers peaceful and quite places and he trusts pokemon more than humans. Gaining his trust would be difficult, but if he acknowledges you, he will consider you a friend for life and will help you in whatever situation you are in. 

28 minutes ago, hope4896 said:

I'm not quite into making an original character but...can we get a character with erm....cough, Curse+ Heavy Slam Wailord, and Fury Cutter Venusaur? Oh, and a Shedinja with Sandstorm

I doubt there will be a Fury Cutter Venusaur, as it can't learn it in any way, not by level up, breeding, previous evo's or move tutors.

2 minutes ago, Noctelis said:

I doubt there will be a Fury Cutter Venusaur, as it can't learn it in any way, not by level up, breeding, previous evo's or move tutors.

There is, Fury Cutter was a tm move in Gen II  where the Bulbasaur line can actually learn it. It was also a tutor move in Gen III and IV . Kinda of a shame that most fan games actually uses the latest movepool without giving homage to the previous generations, the ones we refer to as legacy moves. Although it is understandable because no one wants a No Guard Machamp with Fissure.

Anyway , these Pokemon I stated are pretty much joke sets, the ones recommended by a certain Poketuber. 

This is a really cool idea!

Name: Umbra

Trainer Type: I kinda forget if there's anything like this, but if you could just have something with a trenchcoat, that would be cool.

Team: Dark and Water Types (I feel like not enough NPCs go Dark) Suggestions: Carvanha/Sharpedo, Sableye, Absol, or Wooper/Quagsire

Ace: Crawdaunt (Definitely with Night Slash and Ice beam)

Personality: Inquisitive, with a cold and calculating side. 

38 minutes ago, hope4896 said:

I'm not quite into making an original character but...can we get a character with erm....cough, Curse+ Heavy Slam Wailord, and Fury Cutter Venusaur? Oh, and a Shedinja with Sandstorm

You can't just add Fury Cutter Venusaur and ignore that POWERFUL Focus Punch Gengar, lol.

This is based on a character I made in a failed attempt at a fan game I made.

Trainer name: Ven

Trainer type: Revolutionist Leader

Theme: Psychic/Fighting core

Ace: Blaziken/Gallade (The burning passion of the revolution! Must have fire punch on Blaziken)

Personality:his based on V...Very much alike...

Unfortunetly I dont have the sprite that I made from the game as this current moment.

Trainer name : Donyea

Trainer type: Ace

Team: Mega Lucario (if possible) Monferno Talonflame Sawk and  Tyrantrum

Ace pokemon: Mega Lucario

Personality: being a joker making jokes when I see the chance sometime making anime references and very hard working.

(Optional): Make me look like this but with a red jacket

sage.jpg.ad31d7b4e17cca5c45cac24c6062ddd8.jpg

trainer name: Okirua

trainer type: Wonderer

Favorite type, types or theme for a team: Elegant. cool, and graceful looking theme

Ace Pokemon: Glaceon

Character traits or personality: Mysterious, Chill, Tries not to get much attention, Helps people from the shadows(sidelines?)

Oh. sprite would look somethin like this. Maybe with light blue coloring, and without the design in the front of the shirt, cape could be a golden brownish color.

Spr_RS_Tabitha.png

Edited by Okirua

3 hours ago, hope4896 said:

Time for an optional challenge trainer who has an entire team of joke sets. Thanks for the idea! 

This is very interesting making the pokemon fans have a chance in playing a role in your game! Well as far as I am concerned, I'll go with this

Trainer Name: Ted

Trainer Type : A caravan leader or a lone wanderer in the deserts

Favorite type, types or theme for a team: I' ll go with a desert themed team that relies in sandstorm. I really like Swampert and Gliscor and of course in a desert team a cacturne would be ideal!

Ace Pokemon: Normally I would have gone with swampert, but in this case, i think the cacturne fits better.

Character personality: He will be a man trying to make a profit out of anything. If you ever want a favor out of him, he will try to get as much as he cans from you. In addition, if he ever finds you vulnerable, he will even try to abandon you without fulfilling his promise of helping you.

As for a sprite, I have created one as an example, you can use it as it is in the game or change it however you like (if you decide to add a character like this in the game). Just keep in mind that I will be probably using this sprite in a game I am planning to create!

Spoiler

Koko.png.2b8b862189be686db7b9e3e63c8cb6bf.png

Edited by Swamp King
typo

trainer name: Candy

trainer type: Idol

Favorite type, types or theme for a team: Cute-theme (Lopunny, Florges, Milotic) or fairy type (Florges, Sylveon, Whimsicott/Ribombee)

Ace Pokemon: Cute-theme (Lopunny) or fairy type (Sylveon)

Character traits or personality: Bubbly, relaxed, perhaps irresponsible

(optimal): if you were an important figure what would your sprite be like: Not picky :P

Edited by Candy