Welcome beauties and gentlebeauties to this brand new RWBY discussion thread! 

Since the old RWBY thread was archived, and with V5 just around the metaphorical corner, I figured it might be nice to have a new place to discuss all things RWBY-related, V5 or otherwise.

Predictions, opinions, reviews, ships, everything can fit in here as long as it's relevant to the topic and respectful of other people and their opinions.

Of course, please be kind enough to use spoiler brackets when we'll be tackling new content, starting around mid-October (and even when talking about previous volumes, if you want to be nice to the potential newcomers to the series who would happen to hang around). 

Have fun~

Oh my, I don't think I'd be able to pick just one. Weiss is undoubtedly awesome and a fan favorite, but it took a while for me to take a liking to her. She does have awesome music related to her though.

I'd say atm I favor Blake, Yang, Cinder, Neo and Qrow in no particular order.

Spoiler

I would also love to see Emerald and Mercury getting some character development. It's been too long =/

Choosing a favorite is hard.  I believe I favor Ruby, Penny, Neo, Qrow and Torchick rip.   As long as it's either well written (fanfiction) or drawn cute/well/funny (art), I can ship almost anything........almost.  Nuts and Dolts is RWBY OTP for life though.

Really want Neo to come back soon though.

Edited by seki108

Wait, there was a RWBY thread?

Well, in terms of characters i like, gotta say, Jaune is awesome. Weiss is also cool (pun intended), honestly I didn't really like her in the beginning, but she came along and is definitely a favourite now. Also, you can't not like Qrow. He's awesome. Honestly, most of the characters are pretty well written. It's kinda hard not to like some of them.

Well it's been quite a while since I've seen V4 so I might not be too good with predictions, but I'd love to see more of the RWBY crew together.

@Wolfox If I had to guess from that picture, I'd say your favourite character is definitely Yang Weiss, which I can agree with.

1 hour ago, seki108 said:

Really want Neo to come back soon though.

36 minutes ago, Eviora said:

very interested in whether we'll see Neo again.

Don't we all, friends, don't we all...

29 minutes ago, Dragoknight said:

Wait, there was a RWBY thread?

Yep, active during V4's release, dead and buried since February, hence this new one!

27 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

the biggest change of v4: Jaune was able to hold his own in a fight?

He certainly progressed a lot back then! Although he was able to defeat Ursas twice in previous volumes.

5 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Speaking of Jaune, let's raise the big question: What do you guys think his semblence is?

if the thing that happened in V1 is anything to go by, it will probably be defense/support oriented.  It would fit Jaune's role as a developing leader.  Just a barrier or shield would be too boring though.....

Edited by seki108

7 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Speaking of Jaune, let's raise the big question: What do you guys think his semblence is?

I don't know how semblance's nature in RWBY works so far. It probably related to one's personality like Persona and if it's that, Jaune's Semblance probably something that will increase his overall ability especially in defense/endurance, based on his battle style of tanking and counterattack.

1 minute ago, Alistair said:

In the RWBY Grimm Eclipse vidya game, Jaune's ultimate buffs the attack power of his entire team... inb4 it's a hint for his semblance in the show

or this may be a random throw in because Jaune's semblance was meant to stay a secret till we finally figure it out. and then the game gets patched to have that Semblance

2 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

or this may be a random throw in because Jaune's semblance was meant to stay a secret till we finally figure it out. and then the game gets patched to have that Semblance

Most likely yes, it's a random throw-in. I was being silly.

As for the game getting patched in any way... let's hope. But given how long it has been since the last update, I'm afraid they've dropped the ball on it. The game must be deserted by now.

i hope jaune dies solely for the purpose of my OTHER fave eating mad, copious amounts of shit, and for no other reason

fr though im really excited for this in about two weeks. 

Edited by Motomiya

Finished rewatching V3 yesterday. Such an amazing bunch of episodes. When I first started watching RWBY, I was like 'ok, that's pretty nice' but the second half of V3 is truly what made me think 'yes, this show is awesome'. To think I probably wouldn't have started watching it if it weren't for someone posting a videoclip of It's My Turn in the What are you listening to? thread.

27 minutes ago, Felix~ said:

what was v5 announced for a release date?

October 14 (one week from today) for RT First Members

October 17 (Tuesday) for free members

October 21 on YouTube

Also, V5 is going to be 14 episodes according to their Twitter.

MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT !!!

So I just saw an early screening of the Vol. 5 premiere, and IT. WAS. AMAZING!

Spoiler

We met Professor Lionheart, and he is a weasel, and I hope Qrow beats the hell out of him later. Got some interesting connections with the Maidens and the Relics, as well as some back story on Spring. The stuff with Weiss and Blake, while cool, was short and not super interesting. Weiss was just talking with her pilot, and he convinced her not to get involved in a Grimm attack. We got some more interactions between Blake and Ilia, that basically amounted to:

Ilia: Hey.

Blake: ...Hey.

Ilia: You're gonna lose.

Blake: No we're not!

Ilia: Yes you will. Peace out.

The part with Yang though, was awesome! She smacks a perv, and we finally get the answer to the question: Is she looking for Raven or Ruby ( Raven ). Also there's a nice little call back to the Yellow Trailer there, so that was fun. Nora was hilarious this episode. In Vol. 4, she didn't get many jokes, and most of what she did have, didn't really do it for me. But I LOVED all her interactions this episode. BY FAR THOUGH, THE CHARACTER THAT STOLE THE EPISODE, WAS QROW! In the last scene, Qrow is drunk off his ASS, and had the entire theater DYING from laughter. Got some fun interactions with Oscar, RNJR, and Qrow. I was a little disappointed with how little they did with Weiss, but hey it's only the first episode. Other then that, it was an incredible welcome back to RWBY. Also, possible best OP? Gonna need to watch/listen to it a few more times to decide, but it seemed pretty f*cking awesome!

I love Rooster Teeth so much, and am super grateful, for how much blood, sweat, tears, and other fluids they pour into this show to make it as wonderful as possible.

Sorry if this seemed kinda disjointed, I'm tired, but really wanted to talk about at least the main points of the episode because I'm JUST SO EXCITED THAT RWBY IS BACK! If any of you also saw the early screening, let me know what your favorite part of the episode was. Just remember, spoiler alert for people who have to wait till the normal premiere.