I really need your help.

SilverAngelus

So I've got these plans to play Pokemon Reborn again, but this time I have a mac to play it on. Wine barely works for me. The other games like Insurgence or Rejuvenation I've played using it failed. Wine always says "a serious problem has occurred" and the games shut down. Someone help. If you know anything on knowing how to play Pokemon Reborn on Mac, please let me know. If you play Pokemon Reborn on Mac and it runs smoothly with Wine, please let me know how and what you do to keep it so. I really want to play Reborn again!

P.S. No, I can't just buy a windows. I can't afford another windows computer.

Double P.S. I'm not really sure where to post a topic like this, so I'm sorry if this is the wrong section. I didn't see anywhere else related enough to post this topic in.

Edited by SilverHelio

I'm also playing Reborn on my Mac through Wine and I haven't had any serious problems. The only thing I can think of is if you have battle animations on or not, that caused some freezing and crashing for me but with them turned off the game runs fine.

If that doesn't fix the problem then hopefully someone who is more tech savvy than I can give you better suggestions. Best of luck!

I updated Wine recently and it's not reading my previous save file that i've logged over 60 hours on :( really dont want to have to start a new save file :( 

How can I manipulate which .rxdata file the .exe file opens when I open it with Wine?

2 hours ago, arceus342 said:

I updated Wine recently and it's not reading my previous save file that i've logged over 60 hours on :( really dont want to have to start a new save file :( 

How can I manipulate which .rxdata file the .exe file opens when I open it with Wine?

Have you tried backing up the old file, start a new game and save it, afterward access the location of the new save file and replacing it with the old one?

@gkhmpg I've tried that :( I can find the newly-created save file on Spotlight search, but then when I go to the location specified in Spotlight there's only the previous game file that wasn't created today :( 

If I knew that it was created today, then that would obvi be the one to delete... but its not there :( 

edit: i've even deleted all Reborn-related files and re-downloaded E16 just to come back to that 0 minute save file that's haunting me..... it's really stressing me out because I've put over 65 hours into my save file and I dont want it all wasted :( 

Edited by arceus342

@gkhmpg exactly, that's what I'm not getting..... like I deleted my full pokemon reborn directory, unless the file that Wine is using is saved in some other directory I can't access for whatever reason.

I'm actually so bummed out... I spent so much time on this game for it to all be eliminated via a Wine update.

Edited by arceus342