What's something you often repeat to yourself?

Athea Andrea

I was just curious if anyone here had any confidence mantras, or reassuring quotes/sayings they keep a grip on when the ride gets bumpy. Not necessarily things that you mutter under your breath before you save the day, but like, just things that you say or think to keep you going.

When I'm feeling less than motivated to do something like homework, I think "I am gonna Charizard this mofo" as a quote that I remember from Dear Hank and John, my favorite podcast of all time. Otherwise, as you might see on my blog once or twice, I remind myself "The finest steels are forged in the hottest fires" when school and depression really start to weigh on me, in order to keep me going, y'know?

Anyways, do tell.

When I feel too lazy to do something, like getting up from bed or the toilet or starting homework, I usually concentrate and count to 3, then I'm able to force myself by force (that sounded terribly) to start working.

I exert energy onto my body with force and tell my brain to man up.

Sometimes I listen to SAO opening themes to get me motivated. Other times I think to myself "I'M FINE! I'M (insert name here) AND I'M FINE!" Then I give myself a reason why I'm fine. (I got this idea from Apollo from the Phoenix Wright series.)

42 minutes ago, The Spaghetti Scaglietti said:

I was just curious if anyone here had any confidence mantras, or reassuring quotes/sayings they keep a grip on when the ride gets bumpy. Not necessarily things that you mutter under your breath before you save the day, but like, just things that you say or think to keep you going.

When I'm feeling less than motivated to do something like homework, I think "I am gonna Charizard this mofo" as a quote that I remember from Dear Hank and John, my favorite podcast of all time. Otherwise, as you might see on my blog once or twice, I remind myself "The finest steels are forged in the hottest fires" when school and depression really start to weigh on me, in order to keep me going, y'know?

Anyways, do tell.

I want to die. 

I know it seems like a crappy self hate meme, but I've adopted that into my go to vocabulary when I'm at a loss for words or I'm in a crappy situation. To say the least, it's come back to bite me more then a few times. 

I do not know why, but I find myself compulsively drawn to asking, "What is the most ___ thing you've ever done/experienced?" when I'm having conversations in my head. The most common word to fill in the blank is "painful"...

I have no clue what this means, and the fact that I constantly find myself repeating it over and over in a loop in my head is super annoying...

Edited by OraCLesofFire

"Everything will be alright in the end. So if it's not alright, It's not the end" - Stuard Pot Aka 2-D(Gorillaz)

"I smile to hide the fear inside." - All Might (My Hero Academia)

"I didn't fail. I just found 10000 ways that don't work!" - Thomas Edison

"Don't stop believing!" - Journey

"There's only one King (or queen if you're a lady), and that's me!" - Jack Atlas (Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's and Arc-V)

I can probably get a lot more, but I think 5 is enough for now