Speed Run Pokemon Reborn

Brakk

I am off for a week, because I am on a business trip. After I am back, I intend to start with Reborn Speed Runs. 

Objective:

1) Fastest run through the game to the finish of E16. (measured by game time)

Rules: 

1) Speed up button is not allowed!

2) No soft reset! (The only exception to this rule is resetting for Pokemon natures [Go timid Blaziken!!! :)] ) 

3) Breaks are allowed (it is not a must to complete everything at once, because the story is very long).

3.1) Call the break. (I need to call for the break before or at the point where I am saving the game and need to exit the game immediately)

3.2) Continuation only with save point. (It is only allowed to continue the run when I have another save point in it and plan to progress the game)

4) It is not allowed to try strategies and exit the game without saving.

5) Postings of progress. (I need to post my progress in this forum. This must contain the game time of important battles, like gym leaders or boss battles. I also plan to record the process and upload it as soon as it is finished.)

As for the play through... I am not new to speed runs, but I want to get some ideas for this one from experienced Players of Reborn and ask for some help to get a good run (In regard of that, I already want to thank you :)).

I have played with nearly all Starters now (with some of them even multiple times), but I am not entirely sure which one would be the best for a speed run. (Torchic?)

What is the best Pokemon for each gym and boss battle that is easy and fast to obtain?

Does anybody know several timings or do you know if somebody did try successful speed runs of Reborn already? (I saw some on Youtube, but they did not finish it that far)

Edited by Brakk
Wont work with game time

I didn't even know a speed run was possible in this game. How exactly do you beat gym leaders without battling everyone or getting to certain levels? Plus you'll have to solve puzzles as well but you might have experience in those.

I only know that Granbull is pretty good early game which can be obtained as a snubull. It made it to my final team but that's just me I guess. Vivilon is also pretty good especially with quiver dance but I've heard someone have a tinted lens venomoth with quiver dance getting to plus 6 and sweeping easily.

17 minutes ago, Zander said:

I didn't even know a speed run was possible in this game. How exactly do you beat gym leaders without battling everyone or getting to certain levels? Plus you'll have to solve puzzles as well but you might have experience in those.

Well... I had teams with which I was able to defeat all gym leaders easily. However, for some of them (like Ralts) you need some time and there might be a Pokemon that is not as good, but will be a suited replacement and is faster to obtain. 

I do not worry about Puzzles :).

22 minutes ago, Zander said:

Vivilon is also pretty good especially with quiver dance but I've heard someone have a tinted lens venomoth with quiver dance getting to plus 6 and sweeping easily.

I will consider that in damage calculations. Thank you.

I'm sorry but you can't call this a "speed run" when using speed up tool and using game time as measure. When you use speed up, your game time will actually be halved. Not to mention that breaks aren't allowed in speed running.

In the end it looks like you aren't prepared at all when you're asking people for suggestions on how to do something. If you ever want to do a proper speed run you will need at least months to prepare for everything, sometimes even years.

Anyway good luck with this

2 minutes ago, Njab said:

I'm sorry but you can't call this a "speed run" when using speed up tool and using game time as measure. When you use speed up, your game time will actually be halved. Not to mention that breaks aren't allowed in speed running.

In the end it looks like you aren't prepared at all when you're asking people for suggestions on how to do something. If you ever want to do a proper speed run you will need at least months to prepare for everything, sometimes even years.

Anyway good luck with this

First of all, thank you. I can feel with your point of view entirely. As I have mentioned before... "I intend to start with Reborn Speed Runs".

Dont get me wrong, I did a lot of preparation already and I also know that I still need several weeks of training. 

What I try to accomplish here is basically gathering some last ideas that I could use in my training, which I maybe did not consider yet. I want to upload several parts of my training in the first place and ask here if there is a better key solution. 

Well... you could be right:

Speed up and game time does not work at the same time. I should either use real time without breaks or game time (I will change that rule).

Since I did not have the possibility for straight 24 hours training sessions yet, I use speed up. The final training sessions will be in normal speed, even when I need to split up the sessions for them (I consider to have the final run in a straight run, but I am not sure if I can handle that yet).

There was one member who used Blaziken / Diggersby to speedrun through a majority of the game, I believe he was trying to figure out a faster method of beating Shade, who gave him troubles. I don't remember his name, which really irritates me. He did make a thread however a few years ago talking about it. 

I'm just gonna dump some potentially useful 'mons (reasonably easy to get/train, and very, very effective)

Blaziken/Samurott/Infernape/Typhlosion, Diggersby, Granbull, most Mystery Egg 'mons (preferably one that's immediately useful, such as Starly or Marill, but Pawniard, Larvesta, Axew, etc. could also be useful), Archeops, Cherrim, Manectric, most Eeveelutions, Alakazam, Gardevoir

1 hour ago, Seel The Deal said:

I'm just gonna dump some potentially useful 'mons (reasonably easy to get/train, and very, very effective)

Blaziken/Samurott/Infernape/Typhlosion, Diggersby, Granbull, most Mystery Egg 'mons (preferably one that's immediately useful, such as Starly or Marill, but Pawniard, Larvesta, Axew, etc. could also be useful), Archeops, Cherrim, Manectric, most Eeveelutions, Alakazam, Gardevoir

I'd like to add Krookodile to that list, as well as the Nido-couple

There are some key pokemon that makes your life easier

Bellow are some usefull or key pokemon / strategies to make the fight easier and so faster... some i just beat, others i needed some strategy or saw some that worked really well here on the forum. 

I would suggest you to add one rule, no Online function or sandbox mode

Spoiler

For Julia and florina trubish, for florina numel can be usefull too

For Correy if you make it to be the mist field then a steel type will win you against most of his pokemon, I would suggest klink with automatize and charge beam (level 31) 

For Shelly I would use a technician percian with fake out and another pokemon with flame burst

For Shade scraggy (you dont even need another pokemon)

For Kiki because the AI isnt that good almost any good Dark type can wall her, set up and sweep

For Aya, sincerely she was never dificult, one of the few that I almost always beat on my first try, but i dont have a concrete strategy against her

For Serra, since you want it fast and easy, destroy her field and then use fast pokemon, mostly her team would be frail to at least one defence

For Noel, if you are lucky with the weather then burn the field, or else turn it into toxic field by using sludge wave, Aron would also help since 4x resistant to stab (you can always get an hippopotas just to change the weather)

For Radomus, if you manage to kill his pokemon that set up trick roon then you will have it easy, I would use a drapinion with knock off (drapinion and another pokemon would be able to beat slowbro and then one after the other of radomus pokemon)

For luna, a fast fighting, ground or fire type would beat her lead (and for me one of the most dangerous that she had) another fighting type for tyranitar, and ground types to colapse the cave if necessary

For samson, metronome + acrobatic on a fast pokemon would do wonders, (you have to make sure to be faster than any of his pokemon or finishing the faster ones first)

For Charlotte, Earthquake + air ballon or typhlosion with flash fire and eruption can do wonders

For Terra, again no strategy, just bring a grass type for quagsire 

For ciel, I would use crustle with stealth rock and scrafty with dragon dance and ice punch (he alone can beat 4 pokemon)

For Adrien, I never used much strategy either... I just beat Xem when i wanted to try Xem out (without knowing anything about Xem, not even type...)