Your occupation in Reborn City?

Star Arcana

If you lived in Reborn City, what do you think you'd be doing for work? What about your home; which ward would it be in? Would you have Pokémon, and if so, which? Don't hesitate to note both "pre-PLUSE" and "post-PULSE" scenarios for yourself as well! 

Based on my current occupation, I'd likely be a librarian at the Beryl Ward Library. My residence would be in Jasper, however, and I'd live in an apartment with my bf. Going into the woodlands would be my way of getting away from the hustle of the city, and I'd likely train my team there from time to time. This would be more for self-protection rather then a desire to be a trainer, however. My team would be: 

Meowstic - Luna - F

Butterfree - Liberty - F

Lopunny - Ginger - F

Emolga - Storm - M 

Swirlix - Gourmet - M 

On the day of the PULSE attacks, I'd be at the sweets shop, looking for a gift for my bf's birthday. Despite being lucky (considering how the Jasper and Beryl wards were hit), I'd lose both my home and my job. I'd spend up until Ep. 16 living with my brother in north Opal, after failing to get my bf to not go after Meteor. If I gave a quest, it would likely be related to the library. My reward would be giving out a few Lava Cookies, as I'd bake to pass the time. I can also see myself trying to create a new Library, haha. 

Haha, I got a wordwall there. But, Reborn's world is so rich, I couldn't help but let my imagination go a little loose! 

After a failed career as a (team) rocket scientist, I would totally work as an engineer at the railroad company. With all these trains missing, there is plenty of work for me to do. Until the unfortunate explosion at the station, I've been doing research into advanced safety mechanisms to deal with the hazardous path through the desert: tracking systems for trains and inter-train communication systems.

With the closing of the city, I have been more involved with the structural repairs of the new stations, effectively improving the reliability and user friendliness of the system by 50%. Also includes more applications of rocket science.

I used to proudly own a little house at the waterfront in Peridot ward. The value of the house plummeted when the lake got polluted. With no significant savings to fall back on, I buried myself into my work, but at the present time, I feel very accomplished with my work in the Peridot ward.

I still enjoy the company of my trusty Magnemite from my (team) rocket science days. Since then, I have become friends with an Abra that always beats me at chess (he gets into my head) and a Klang.

My greatest dream is still to get permission to commission my own train. Aircraft shaped - Carbon fiber reinforced body, Titanium reinforced undercarriage, Minimalistic functional design so that a single Ampharos or Raichu could power this train all the way to the next town.

I'd be a young student in the ways of Aura Manipulation. An aspiring Aura Guardian coming to Reborn in order to learn from a meditation/martial arts master of great renown, while also hoping to undergo the league challenge as a means of attaining personal growth. As such, I wouldn't really have a fixed home, I'd alternate between travelling and staying at Apophyl for a while in order to learn. 

Before I left, my grandfather who's an Aura Guardian and my master, forbid me from making use of my abilities. Solving matters only by means of pokémon battling or diplomacy. "Your trainning isn't complete yet! I'll know right away if you disobey me, brat!" said the old timer. 

Obviously I didn't disobey him, that's why I found myself in all sorts of life threatening situations, and sometimes shamefully acted like a pussy. Kiki, my would be teacher was killed. So I continue on my secondary goal of challenging the league while still being dragged into all this Meteor mess.

Eventually, after the lame ass champion was defeated and lost her mind (lol), one of the gym leaders asked me to become champion. I don't know where all this will lead, but I will do it, I guess. Wanna finish my Aura training tho. I need  them jedi powers.

If I were to reside in Reborn i'd settle atop Ametrine mountain. Beautiful place with lots of strong pokemon to spar with. Plus clean air. It feels good.

My team:

LucarioM - Teacher

CharizardXM - Punisher

Suicune - Serenity

GalvantulaF - Temperance

ScizorM - Avenger

GarchompM - Stoic

3 minutes ago, GS BALL said:

I would be a double agent posing as a Team Meteor Grunt. 7th street is my home and i like what they 've done with the place. Getting a part time job with that pokemon smuggler monkey business wouldn't be half bad, either! I have:

Delphox

Jynx

Dewgong

Cacturne

Manectric

Donphan

I am engineering (genetically) a team of beasts, specially designed to take down Lin (grrr), starting off with a perfect Charizard (to become X later) and an almost perfect Hydreigon. What's the point in infiltrating a shady org in the first place, if you can't bring demise to its leader and their sh_t  on their knees and down in flames?

Is this you in Reborn Hardcore :P ?

Spoiler

VxeWmU1ZTqGtjRkcCiswug.png

fONQafsZQZyIS0vAPRa9cg.png

Well i'd likely be unemployed, before and after the events with PULSE pokemon having destroyed the city and it then being repaired later i'd simply be someone surviving of what I can grow and harvest (be it livestock or produce) in Iola Valley

[This section is where if I was part of the game Reborn's story begins]

If encountered i'd likely question the protagonist about "What is the closest representation of Good and Evil?" (possible answers being Light and Darkness, Truth and Lies and Acceptance and Rejection) and then ask the player if they can show me a Pokémon that is the closest representation of 'The Status Quo' (answer being Ditto) if show the accepted answer the protagonist would be given Dark Matter any dark type of choice that can be bred.

[This is where the section ends]

If spoken to by passerbys I would mostly just talk about my admiration for the Dark type gym leader, Luna.

My team would be:

Tyranitar (Mega)

Sableye

Absol

Pangoro

Greninja

Hydreigon (DarkiniumZ)

Edited by Lord Drakyle

Magikarp salesman. Not a shady one, I would have built up a whole company dedicated to making sure everyone who wants a Magikarp, get's a Magikarp for a fair price! I mean I'm already doing that via the forums, so this was to be expected to be the next step

Since I forgot to do this.Now seems like a good time:

Hello,I am.. Well my code name is Achilles.I am from international Police and Looker's assistance.The pulse pokemons have caught my interest.Now I am doing an investigation about it and looking for some backgrounds on Lin,Shade and Solaris.

I was also asked by the Police chief to help him apprehend Corin-rouge since the desert is out of their jurisdiction.Then I can finally have my shiny gyrados.

Ahem,This is my team:

Blaziken- Yasakani

Crobat- Corey

Nidoking- King Midas

Metagross- Saitama

Chandelure- Amaterasu

Greninja- Magician

My occupation in Reborn city? I don't have an occupation as such. I'm not even a resident. I am the champion of some far away region. I came to reborn by train because Team meteor had tried an attack on a small city of my region. Of course as I docked in, the train station blew up. 

Instead of fighting team meteor grunts like an idiot, I try and roam about and constantly find their bases to find out their intentions and defeat them.

This is my team:-

Rex the Tyranitar

Lizardon the Charizard Y

Scar the Gyarados

Mira the Hydreigon

Mash the Metagross

Cynthia the Garchomp

Eventually I would end up in a solid team meteor base and face of against Lin. 

I'd want to be a diver that helps maintain the tech used to clean up the waters, etc., help some sick Pokemon out, and possibly find some valuables I can sell. Although, that would probably leave me out of a job after the cleanup, but I could just branch off into something like teaching Marine Biology or engineering or even a fisher in the Coral Ward. Reborn has a lot of ocean, so constant maintenance seems pretty realistic to have a full-time job for. In case you can't tell, I love the ocean a lot. 

I agree about having permanent residence in the Beryl Ward seeming ideal. You could just go to the forest or sit on the bridge to look down at the desert below. Although it's pretty expensive there, and if I remember right, it's pretty far from the ocean, so that might not the be most practical location. Another location I like is Calcenon. Another city that seems pretty expensive, but I guess that to be expected for ideal places like these.

Realistically, though, I'd probably either live in Peridot or Coral due to pricing and location being closer to my job. 

Anyway, that's just an alternative to being a Pokemon Trainer. I probably have enough money right now (in the game) to either buy a good family or house or rent a nice apartment in a good city like Beryl, depending on the conversion of the currency (I hypothesize it's would be something like 100 poke = 1 dollar or something, but I don't know for sure)  For all I know apartments there could cost 100k poke a month, although I could still afford that for a few months. So yeah, Pokemon Training has been a pretty viable "career" for me so far lol

My main partner Pokemon would be Dragonair, because I love Dragonair and it could help at my job or watch my home while I'm gone 

Edited by Tapu Fufu

Alright! Reborn in Reborn eh? I'll give it a shot.

Upon moving to Reborn, I'd find myself with an apartment in Beryl Ward with my roomate. My occupation, working at the Beryl Library and completing any odd jobs one may have in order to pay the bills. In my leisure, I'd often go down to the woods to escape the hustle and bustle of city life. After my friend and I receive pokemon eggs as payment from a strange man interested in some of the books at the library, the majority of our free time was spent training with our new pokemon. After the events of Team Meteor and the PULSE, my roomy and I, now out of a job and living on the streets, decide it is time to live out the dream of becoming an official Pokemon Trainer and challenge the league.

As an NPC, I'd be a random encounter in any city (more common in the rain) and would participate in both single and double battles.

The Crew:

Saybleye - Gem

Galvantula - Joule

Forretress - Pete

Mamoswine - Porky

Hawlucha - Bucky

Gardevoir (Mega) - Titania

Edited by Dragoknight

Yeah, all of a sudden everyone doing rare mons, espionage, murdering Grunts, Lins, smashin' dem bases, but we forgot about this whole mass of boring corpo workers, and it looks like those corporations are the very main source of income for half of the city - majority of us would work there, the rest in services like gastronomy, few cops, few academic teachers, some shop clerks and city cleaning... oh wait, it probably doesn't even exist until the Reborn's reborn.

So, here we go: You live in decent area (as for Reborn's standards), somewhere north or east to Opal, you work your ass every day in one of the many local corporations. Each day, along with the city's slow decay, your job becomes less and less financially rewarding. You forgot about your dream to become a real, professional trainer long ago, cos you barely can afford day-to-day life, not to mention expensive medicine after battles and better pokeballs. You even stopped wondering when the hell this kid died in yourself - you came from the Orphanage, but hell, you had friends there, and the doctor wasn't that bad, after all somebody cared after you there, in one way or another, now you have nobody to support you. Ofc you have few of mons, like everyone, but mostly to protect yourself from those bothersome beggards and young bandits from Peridot and slums. Once you caught a stantler on your walk outside the city, that's the best thing you ever found in this city. Almost every day somebody jumps out of the window, and you wonder when your time will come and you finally decide to do so. This fucking window, it reminds you of the poignancy of your existence, you don't even deserve a nice view from it, brown lake and concrete everywhere, ugly buildings. Even your daily route back and forth to job makes you hate the world - in opposite to weather forecasts, it is constantly raining, litter everywhere, sad or hostile faces you pass by doesn't encourage you to change anything. This cute girl from 2nd floor has been seen with this douche from Lapis way too often recently (rich prick, he bought a new bike for her - until you saw the price, you didn't even know it is possible to have this kind of money!). You lost all your hope about her some time ago anyway, just around the time you ceased to talk to each other. There was no reason to that, it was just so, after you were moved to a different department, from colleagues you became strangers. From the other news, your only friend was a tripper, he died from overdose - nobody noticed he has this kind of a problem. Of course you knew he was drugging from time to time, sometimes togheter with you, but it wasn't anything bad, nobody expected he has a problem of this size. Must have been shitty stuff from the new dealer from 7th, he was shady from the beginning. But one day, something changes: you sit like everyday at your desk, then you hear a noise and a scream, then giant plant pulls you out of the window - and it wasn't even opened - and smashes you against the wall of the building you hate. Welcome to Reborn, bitch.

I guess this fits Reborn's atmosphere more. Only one gal up there wishes for a normal job and a stable life, she wants to be a calm librarian until shit starts to happen. Fist-bump sis.

@example

I'm sorry but I couldn't help replying after seeing your comment. Let me tell you that the scenario that you have depicted does not fit the reborn atmosphere as you would call it. This is because you as a player don't know shit about the city itself. The only thing wrong with the city is pollution. That's it. Rest every single problem is never unanimously faced by all the people until the plant attack.

Amy has made the game in such a way that the player is forced to go through the trashiest of places so that they could get a feel of the game in general. Statistically speaking, only 20% of the entire reborn population ever faced money problems and that was all because they went into drugs.

There are many many apartment buildings which are completely inaccessible to the player. This is because people live there. Companies like the Beauty Salon and Obsidia Department Store actually exist because people work there. In no scenario except for a natural disaster is it possible for the paycheck of an employee to actually go down instead of up. This scenario you're making up will only fit if you know how shitty the people, ie the main cast is and not the side characters/npcs. If anything there would people going to jobs everyday then coming home, switching on the AC because the air is completely polluted and then watch some TV. The slums are just a place everyone avoids and nobody likes battling trainers. Probably on a Sunday they'll go out for a battle or two but nothing worthy of an occupation. 

My point here is that you claim that your scenario is the most realistic to reborn city which is actually very incorrect. Your scenario is realistic only to the slum area of the city. So yeah what everyone is saying is not incorrect. And there are people who want to be ocean cleaners or mechanics too who have the most realistic idea about how to live.

Sorry just wanted to get it out

I would be a Meteor grunt. I would have a crobat and a chesnaught and a gallade and my token rock type pokemon for the team representation would be carracosta.

I could easily see "me" as a reluctant orderly working for Dr. Connell. I personally think the orphanage is the closest "known" childcare provider and that's where most of my real world experience lies.

The other thing would be one of the more insignificant roles at the Onyx Trainer's School. Which works for me, because if my boss was Florinia I would be employee of the month all year.

@Zander Reborn isn't a pretty place to live in, and nobody would wish to live in there. Visit, beat the league, go through a few adventures - something along the lines of a trip to Chernobyl or Detroit, sure. But live there, find a job, etc.? Hell no.

2 hours ago, Zander said:

you claim that your scenario is the most realistic to reborn city

Never stated that. I meant such grim setting would actually be the most popular.

Your scenario is realistic only to the slum area of the city. 

Nope, see below.

This is because you as a player don't know shit about the city itself. The only thing wrong with the city is pollution. That's it. Rest every single problem is never unanimously faced by all the people until the plant attack.

Almost every NPC in the first chapters says how the city is not only polluted, but corrupt to the limits, people are poor and scarred (beggards and thiefs everywhere, young gangsters, people giving away they mons, cos OWNERS cannot protect them), city is neglected and ruined, so I can imagine people are struggling living there - how can you deny that, can't you see it? Only Lapis seems prettier, but it is filled with people full of themselves. You see all of it from the player's perspective, so then I can imagine how regular citizen feels. I can imagine most of the people living there have hard times enjoying it. Reborn wasn't pretty before we arrived there.

Amy has made the game in such a way that the player is forced to go through the trashiest of places so that they could get a feel of the game in general. Statistically speaking, only 20% of the entire reborn population ever faced money problems and that was all because they went into drugs.

Because you earn more than a crackhead from slums doesn't mean you have no money problems nor that you are happy. Opal, Peridot, Obsidia, Coral - those we meet briefly, Opal isn't really a ward, it is just a bridge and a town hall, Peridot is the shittiest place ever, Obsidia is big, and we see some slums and nothing much better than that there, Coral is just a desolated port. That makes already a huge part of the city, and pre-reborn Beryl and Jasper doesn't look nice, just a clusters of blocks of flats near the wild forest. Only Onyx seems fine, student's areas are usually live and colourful no matter what.

There are many many apartment buildings which are completely inaccessible to the player. This is because people live there. Companies like the Beauty Salon and Obsidia Department Store actually exist because people work there.

...still vast majority of people works elsewhere - Silph and others.

This scenario you're making up will only fit if you know how shitty the people, ie the main cast is and not the side characters/npcs

To be honest, I dont understand - I already know how shitty the people are. Side characters are various, but many of them aren't any good (hello, you murdering bitch Sapphira. She will not hesitate to do anything to protect the sisters, but it doesn't make her righteous, and she was raised in rather wealthy, good family - but still in Reborn).

I'd probably just be the subject of some weird urban legend in the Beryl Ward or something tbh. Do I even really exist, or am I just a story fabricated by some bored teens? We Just Don't Know™, but the protag could have sworn they saw somebody by the gym at 3am last night...