What are the Differences Between Difficulties?

Hail

Hey mates, 

so I just started this game yesterday, and I'm liking it so far. My only big problem is the level cap. I came from Pokemon Insurgence, and when the level cap was reached in that game, pokemon only received 1 exp per battle, making it impossible to grind. Now, I don't find the way it works in this game very enjoyable (I'd rather not lose the battle because a pokemon starts disobeying mid-battle). I know some do, but it just makes it feel like a chore to me. Is there a way to play without the level cap but still have capable AI? I (think) on easy, there's no level cap, but the AIs are stupider than the AIs on Intense (which I'm playing on right now) and normal. Does Normal also have a level cap? How can I tell what the level cap is?

While I'm here, do any of you know if you can rebind controls? And how do I equip running shoes?

Thanks ya'll.

The ways I deal with the level cap are common candies and giving the pokemon I don't expect to do well (Crawdaunt against the grass gym leader for instance) an exp share.

Also I 'm not sure if AI is affected with the level cap. I know the pokemon they have are different depending on the difficulty.

For looking up the level cap , just look at your trainer card. It is the number on the space for the next badge.

Equiping running shoes you do by pressing space or you can toggle them by pressing S.

3 hours ago, Hail said:

Hey mates, 

so I just started this game yesterday, and I'm liking it so far. My only big problem is the level cap. I came from Pokemon Insurgence, and when the level cap was reached in that game, pokemon only received 1 exp per battle, making it impossible to grind. Now, I don't find the way it works in this game very enjoyable (I'd rather not lose the battle because a pokemon starts disobeying mid-battle). I know some do, but it just makes it feel like a chore to me. Is there a way to play without the level cap but still have capable AI? I (think) on easy, there's no level cap, but the AIs are stupider than the AIs on Intense (which I'm playing on right now) and normal. Does Normal also have a level cap? How can I tell what the level cap is?

While I'm here, do any of you know if you can rebind controls? And how do I equip running shoes?

Thanks ya'll.

Already Ninja'd by Fairfamily

btw I believe you are using the insurgent level cap which does that....

Disable it and then see!

Each major fight has a different version depending on difficulty, with Easy mode having fewer Pokemon and lower levels, worse sets, normal mode being around reborn difficulty (six pokemon for most fights, decent sets based on field), and intense mode having overall higher levels and better sets/pokemon. Most normal trainers simply have levels adjusted based on difficulty.