POKEMON BROTHERHOOD: Offical Development Topic

My name is Giant. I have been playing Pokemon for a very long time now, so my brother and I have decided to make one of our very own.  Brotherhood

We don't have a lot of experience with RPG web maker, however, we are going to pour our hearts and souls into it hoping we will make something good.

We are going to be taking inspiration from both rejuvenation and reborn, but rest assured the story is our own. Speaking of which.

PLOT

You are a part of the Aorta regions newest batch of trainers. After waiting in line for what seems like hours The Champion takes you to choose your starter and your adventure begins. But everything is right with the world. An evil group, known as Team Cortex, plan to open a gateway to the ultra dimension and use the beasts within to bring upon a new world order. It is up to you and your friends to stop them. Are you up for the challenge?

The Starters

Spoiler
Spoiler

Cova.png.094438a135147c23945c7087f91d0f4e.png

Cova

Fire

The Magma Pokemon

When It isn't slumbering beneath the searing lava, Cova spends its time searching for food. It cools it's body to blend with the mountainous surrounding, using molten spit to take down prey.

Spoiler

5a27f83763f89_theultimateprincape.png.e18ebb870ac2bbbba2b2f15d038d8e35.png

Princape

Water

The Prince Pokemon

Although it is amphibious, Princape was not built for life on land. Its legs are too weak to support it on land so it must stand on its webbed tail.

Spoiler

Squashkin.png.ed6754122ef944f656a975a80389c5eb.png

Squashkin

Grass

The Vine Trunk Pokemon

Squaskin's trunk is incredibly strong, they have been know to be able to lift things many times their own size with it. 

I plan to keep you guys updated on anything that goes down with Brotherhood

I hope that it will be at least semi-successful

((This apears to be how you do it

Edited by Giantsparrowbee

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting! I will keep an eye on this project! While I cannot be part of your project, since I am busy with a project of my own, If you ever want to ask something specific, then I can help.

For starters, do your best in understanding the basics of RPG maker and don't rush the project! Keep in mind that when you start mapping, you must have a clear idea of what you are planning to do with the specific map (What events will take place, how can you make the map appealing to the players, don't make the maps square but add many unique characteristics to it).

Creating a game takes a lot of time (you will notice it too soon enough), but in the end, if you have fun doing it, it is worth it!

18 hours ago, Swamp King said:

Very interesting! I will keep an eye on this project! While I cannot be part of your project, since I am busy with a project of my own, If you ever want to ask something specific, then I can help.

For starters, do your best in understanding the basics of RPG maker and don't rush the project! Keep in mind that when you start mapping, you must have a clear idea of what you are planning to do with the specific map (What events will take place, how can you make the map appealing to the players, don't make the maps square but add many unique characteristics to it).

Creating a game takes a lot of time (you will notice it too soon enough), but in the end, if you have fun doing it, it is worth it!

Thank you for the vote of confidence Swamp King. I'll keep you in mind if we ever need help. 

12 hours ago, Octavius said:

This is pretty neat, I might use this. Thank you

This sounds really interesting. I can totally see a scene in the future where you command an army of normal pokemon against an army of UBs! Like a general in a battle :) It would be very cool to see something like this in a pokemon game! (I just thought it would be cool... If you don't like the idea of you being like a general in battle that's cool ;) )

It has lots of potential! I hope it turns out great for you guys!

If you ever have problems with coding or anything else, I can help :) (I am not an expert but I know some things). Though not in a regular basis since I work in a project, too (actually I work with my brother too ).

Anyway, good luck with the project!

Edited by groniack

58 minutes ago, groniack said:

This sounds really interesting. I can totally see a scene in the future where you command an army of normal pokemon against an army of UBs! Like a general in a battle :) It would be very cool to see something like this in a pokemon game! (I just thought it would be cool... If you don't like the idea of you being like a general in battle that's cool ;) )

It has lots of potential! I hope it turns out great for you guys!

If you ever have problems with coding or anything else, I can help :) (I am not an expert but I know some things). Though not in a regular basis since I work in a project, too (actually I work with my brother too ).

Anyway, good luck with the project!

It is good to know there are people out there who support this. I will definitely keep you in mind as Brotherhood evolves. That army of UB's idea sounds really cool and we might use it.

1 hour ago, Giantsparrowbee said:

It is good to know there are people out there who support this. I will definitely keep you in mind as Brotherhood evolves. That army of UB's idea sounds really cool and we might use it.

Well, fellow game developers should support each other ^-^

I will be waiting to see what you two will come up with! 

On 21/09/2017 at 3:36 AM, Giantsparrowbee said:

POKEMON BROTHERHOOD: Offical Development Topic

My name is Giant. I have been playing Pokemon for a very long time now, so my brother and I have decided to make one of our very own.  Brotherhood

We don't have a lot of experience with RPG web maker, however, we are going to pour our hearts and souls into it hoping we will make something good.

We are going to be taking inspiration from both rejuvenation and reborn, but rest assured the story is our own. Speaking of which.

PLOT

You are a part of the Aorta regions newest batch of trainers. After waiting in line for what seems like hours The Champion takes you to choose your starter and your adventure begins. But everything is right with the world. An evil group, known as Team Cortex, plan to open a gateway to the ultra dimension and use the beasts within to bring upon a new world order. It is up to you and your friends to stop them. Are you up for the challenge?

Help Wanted 

I am going to start off this one by saying that I am poor, so if you do want to help I have no way to pay you. But I could still use all the help I can get.

What we really need are programmers

I plan to keep you guys updated on anything that goes down with Brotherhood

I hope that it will be at least semi-successful

Sounds pretty noice! I'll keep my eyes open for more updates

I'll present some early criticism. Make sure you have something unique to bring to the table. Insurgence has Deltas, Reborn is the original with field effects, Rejuv is similar to Reborn, but also has Shadow Pkmn. Reborn Hardcore had the party system, ect. 

You have a good idea for a general plot direction, just try to be unique.

12 hours ago, DigitalAmber said:

I'll present some early criticism. Make sure you have something unique to bring to the table. Insurgence has Deltas, Reborn is the original with field effects, Rejuv is similar to Reborn, but also has Shadow Pkmn. Reborn Hardcore had the party system, ect. 

You have a good idea for a general plot direction, just try to be unique.

Criticism is noted. There will be some special battles in the near future of this game. I'd tell you more about it but I don't wanna spoil to much. Just try to Imagine Porygon Infinity 

Because I'm stupid

On 9/21/2017 at 9:13 AM, Giantsparrowbee said:

Thank you for the vote of confidence Swamp King. I'll keep you in mind if we ever need help. 

This is pretty neat, I might use this. Thank you

I have an entire excel file full of rebalanced moves, abilities, items, stat changes, new pokemon evolutions, etc. Just let me know if you'd like to see it and I will attach it for you to pick and choose from. 

22 hours ago, Octavius said:

I have an entire excel file full of rebalanced moves, abilities, items, stat changes, new pokemon evolutions, etc. Just let me know if you'd like to see it and I will attach it for you to pick and choose from. 

Awesome. Now all i need is an updated pokemon file and were in bisness 

(Dont worry i can update it myself)

not a cry for help

2 hours ago, Giantsparrowbee said:

yes we plan to make 50-60 different fakemons((please let me know if it's one word or two))

That's great! Fakemon (yes, it's one word) always give something extra to the game. I am looking forward to see your designs!

43 minutes ago, groniack said:

That's great! Fakemon (yes, it's one word) always give something extra to the game. I am looking forward to see your designs!

Once we have drawings and sprites, i will add pictures of the new starters to the main topic

21 minutes ago, LeonVermillion said:

Another pokemon fangame? Looks interesting, I'll be sure to continue check this thread whenever there's an update

But anyway good luck on developing the game!

Thanks man, were gonna need it

Do you have any experience with spriting? I am saying this because if you are to include your own Pokemon in a game with preexisting pokemon, then you have to have mad skills in order to make your own fakemon not to seem out of place!

And since you are planning to add 50 of them ... well, good luck with that!

1 hour ago, Swamp King said:

Do you have any experience with spriting? I am saying this because if you are to include your own Pokemon in a game with preexisting pokemon, then you have to have mad skills in order to make your own fakemon not to seem out of place!

And since you are planning to add 50 of them ... well, good luck with that!

I have some. Don't worry, my brother and i aren't going to half ass this.

48 minutes ago, Giantsparrowbee said:

I have some. Don't worry, my brother and i aren't going to half ass this.

Good to hear! I am very curious about the starters! Will they be grass, fire and water type or will they have a different typing?

In many fan games you can pick from more than 3 pokemon. But, I guess, in most games that have fakemon as starters, only 3 starters are presented to the player to pick from.

So what will be your approach?