Fun Game: Anime/Game characters- Which Pokemon would they have?

OpalWardMusicFan

Hey all, if this belongs elsewhere, feel free to move it. 

So, a wild thought occurred to me today as I installed the Reborn update-- What Pokemon would non Pokemon related anime or video game characters have as a team? I decided to post a topic and see where it goes! I am using gifs but nobody else needs to. Lets begin with the character that started this little idea in the first place!

ea2854df19edc0e5707a79e5cdf49091e57f622c

Character: Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus  

Franchise: FATE

Pokemon Team: 

1. Roserade:

tumblr_mr7pgnvlch1se9g54o1_500.gif

2. Volcarona(Shiny)

latest?cb=20130819213818

3. Typhlosion:

chG3Zyr.gif

4. Pyroar(Male specifically)

tumblr_ny2p9gJDl51qfjr5zo2_500.gif

5. Incineroar:

tumblr_ogn8yf7iFc1r6ornbo6_400.gif

6. Solgaleo:

43f.gif

Explanation: Why did I choose these Pokemon? Simple. Nero is called "The Flower of Rome" and is "The Empress of Roses". She values beauty, power, elegance, honesty, and kindness. She is also a bold, charismatic ruler who was beloved by her people in life. I will explain each choice by number.

1. Her affiliation with roses. 

2. Her Noble Phantasm: Aestus Domus Aurea: Golden Theater of the Flamboyant aka Golden Theater of the Deranged.

To summon it, she says in Fate/Extra:

“Behold my glory... Hear the thunderous applause... Sit down and praise... My Golden Theater! Kingdom of Heaven and Hell... My heaven, reconstructed! This is where the limelight shines!”

Shiny Volcarona is gold, in other words.

3. Typhlosion is straight up powerful, fast and a pure Fire-type.

4. Male Pyroar are regal and powerful. Plus, from behind, their manes look like flowers.

5. Incineroar is a showoff and would meld with her nicely.

6. She manifests as a Saber class. Steel. Solgaleo is regal, cute, and again, the mane is flower-esque from behind. Plus, Solgaleo would easily wreck armies so there's that too.

Please remove the highlight effect behind Golden Theater of the Deranged up above please and thank you.

11 hours ago, Jess said:

That's interesting! I'd possibly replace Typhlosion with Delphox/Braixen, because her moves in the gif remind me of Delphox and it's magic stick/wand! :) 

I thought that also until I watched a playthrough of FATE/Extella. How she fights in it cloaks her moves in fire, like Flame Wheel. I also had reserved psychic typing for Solgaleo. Thanks for replying!

1 hour ago, OpalWardMusicFan said:

I thought that also until I watched a playthrough of FATE/Extella. How she fights in it cloaks her moves in fire, like Flame Wheel. I also had reserved psychic typing for Solgaleo. Thanks for replying!

You're quite welcome! In fact you made me come up with a nice idea for a custom run of Reborn, which I plan to do when the E17 is released :) 

It will be based on Naruto and his 9 tailed beasts! More specifically:

Shukaku, the Linoone (racoon)
Matatabi, the Espeon (2-tailed cat)
Isobu, the Lapras (big turtle)
Son Goku, thr Darmanitan (fire ape-resembles Darmanitan more than Infernape)
Kokuo, the Zebstrika (based on a fast as hell white horse)
Saiken, the Goodra (big slug and same colour)
Chomei, the Heracross (big bug, same colour, same basic pattern)
Gyuki, the Octillery (an octopus)
Kurama, the Ninetales (9-tailed fox) (starter)

Well, I've tried thinking of a team for Shu Shirakawa (from the Super Robot Wars series---many timelines) ever since I followed this thread this morning.  I tried either connecting them to his story/related characters  or  his mech's theme (Black Holes/Gravity/Wormholes), not completely his fighting style.  I'm somewhat sure about the first 4, but not so much the other 2.  Sadly, since Gravity is not a very useful move, whether a mon can use it won't be taken into account.  Probably a mish-mahsed team, which is why I took so long to post.  (I still had fun thinking about this, though, so I might do another SRW character's team soon).

1. (Mega) Gardevoir 

Spoiler

Everything just falls into place with this one.  Black Hole lore, check.  Offensive Powerhouse, check.  Ability to transform into a more powerful form, check.  There is a reason I usually nickname most of my Gardevoir after the Granzon, Shu's mech.     

2. Chattot

Spoiler

Except in specific circumstances, not very useful,  just like his avian familiar Chica (a greed, foul-mouthed bird that Shu is stuck with).   Just have to live with your mistakes, brainiac.

3 Golurk

Spoiler

More of a dual reference to his status as a Mecha pilot and to his resurrection after his death (Classic and OGs timelines)

4. Giratina

Spoiler

I really didn't want to include a Legendary/Mythical, but it fit so well with Shu's backstory.  Bound to an incarnation of destruction, Volkrus, for most of his life, Shu desires freedom above all else and rebels against anyone who tries to use or control him (even Volkrus itself, once he got a sliver of control).  Can both represent Shu himself or Volkrus.  Also helps that it's a bulky mon that can hit like a truck (similar to Shu).

5. Talonflame

Spoiler

Wasn't really sure what to put here, so I went with something that both stood for his wish for freedom (obvious bird symbolism) and his original dream of being chosen as the pilot of the Elemental Lord of the wind, Cybuster.  It more fits the latter, since Cybuster's noted to be one of the fastest mechs in the OGs timeline (reflected in Gale Wings ability) and can transform into a bird-like mode.

6. Bronzing

Spoiler

Couldn't really think of anything, so I just went with a good support mon, since Shu's strategies and planning ahead is what makes him more dangerous than just someone with an OP Mech.  Plus, Steel = mecha.

Edited by seki108

On 9/21/2017 at 5:18 AM, seki108 said:

Well, I've tried thinking of a team for Shu Shirakawa (from the Super Robot Wars series---many timelines) ever since I followed this thread this morning.  I tried either connecting them to his story/related characters  or  his mech's theme (Black Holes/Gravity/Wormholes), not completely his fighting style.  I'm somewhat sure about the first 4, but not so much the other 2.  Sadly, since Gravity is not a very useful move, whether a mon can use it won't be taken into account.  Probably a mish-mahsed team, which is why I took so long to post.  (I still had fun thinking about this, though, so I might do another SRW character's team soon).

1. (Mega) Gardevoir 

Reveal hidden contents

Everything just falls into place with this one.  Black Hole lore, check.  Offensive Powerhouse, check.  Ability to transform into a more powerful form, check.  There is a reason I usually nickname most of my Gardevoir after the Granzon, Shu's mech.     

2. Chattot

Reveal hidden contents

Except in specific circumstances, not very useful,  just like his avian familiar Chica (a greed, foul-mouthed bird that Shu is stuck with).   Just have to live with your mistakes, brainiac.

3 Golurk

Reveal hidden contents

More of a dual reference to his status as a Mecha pilot and to his resurrection after his death (Classic and OGs timelines)

4. Giratina

Reveal hidden contents

I really didn't want to include a Legendary/Mythical, but it fit so well with Shu's backstory.  Bound to an incarnation of destruction, Volkrus, for most of his life, Shu desires freedom above all else and rebels against anyone who tries to use or control him (even Volkrus itself, once he got a sliver of control).  Can both represent Shu himself or Volkrus.  Also helps that it's a bulky mon that can hit like a truck (similar to Shu).

5. Talonflame

Reveal hidden contents

Wasn't really sure what to put here, so I went with something that both stood for his wish for freedom (obvious bird symbolism) and his original dream of being chosen as the pilot of the Elemental Lord of the wind, Cybuster.  It more fits the latter, since Cybuster's noted to be one of the fastest mechs in the OGs timeline (reflected in Gale Wings ability) and can transform into a bird-like mode.

6. Bronzing

Reveal hidden contents

Couldn't really think of anything, so I just went with a good support mon, since Shu's strategies and planning ahead is what makes him more dangerous than just someone with an OP Mech.  Plus, Steel = mecha.

Very nice choices. I tend to try and avoid Legendaries too.

On 9/20/2017 at 10:45 PM, Jess said:

You're quite welcome! In fact you made me come up with a nice idea for a custom run of Reborn, which I plan to do when the E17 is released :) 

It will be based on Naruto and his 9 tailed beasts! More specifically:

Shukaku, the Linoone (racoon)
Matatabi, the Espeon (2-tailed cat)
Isobu, the Lapras (big turtle)
Son Goku, thr Darmanitan (fire ape-resembles Darmanitan more than Infernape)
Kokuo, the Zebstrika (based on a fast as hell white horse)
Saiken, the Goodra (big slug and same colour)
Chomei, the Heracross (big bug, same colour, same basic pattern)
Gyuki, the Octillery (an octopus)
Kurama, the Ninetales (9-tailed fox) (starter)

OMFG Naruto! Nice choices!

Here is another character I came up with a team for!

Shiba Tatsuya (Mahouka Koukou No Rettousei)

1. Arceus (with ALL plates in his inventory), Tatsuya has the powers of Mahesvara aka Shiva of Indian Mythology.

2. Yveltal, Tatsuya is called The Destroyer, God of Destruction, and The Demon of Okinawa. Plus, he can REGENERATE, and basically never die.

3. Female Meowstic with Competitive Ability, Tatsuya can erase a bullet in the air after it was fired. With his HAND. 

4. Luxray, as it can see through things and has immense power.

5. Mega Aerodactyl, because its VERY powerful and insanely fast.

6. Kommo-o, just watch the anime episode where he beats the living sh*t out of a tiger guy that had overwhelmed a very powerful Senpai of his. He basically nearly kills this guy in like... 3 or 4 hits. 

As stated before, I hate relying on Legendaries, but Tatsuya requires them. 

Edited by OpalWardMusicFan
Made a typo and forgot to add a sentence to the end.