E17 new pokemon guesses

lifesapity

From the list of unobtainable and limited pokemon from e16 what new additions do you think we will see? 

What sun and moon non-legendary pokemon do you think will be left for a later episode? 

Im hoping fletchling will show up now that Gale Wings was toned down.

I would not be suprised if mimkyu was held off until later, but I'm hoping not :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For garchomp or gible to appear is... quite unlikely to happen being a pseudo-legendary it is, at least in my opinion. But if I were to guess gen 7 pokemons, except the starters, to appear are event based Oricorio or palossand, or mudsdale and absolutely not Tapus.

I'm guessing Dratini, Mega Gardevoir, Mega Gallade, Ribombee, LYcanroc (Also Dusk form? :o) Vikavolt (let's get this out the way people, ribombee>Vikavolt 80% of the time), Mudsdale, Yungoose, Wishiwashi, Bewear, Tsareena and many more

If you collect 3 dark material then hydreigon is yours from a dieno, and 2 material are already available in episode 16 so definitely hydreigon.

Gible is impossible since it completely wrecks Titania and Amy wouldn't allow that. Probably some steel types like ferrothorn and skarmory (no good tms so they're not really good now). Maybe lycanrock dusk form too, since it's so hyped

Well the question is how much time do we have left? I mean unless Ame develops the dragon cave where all pseudo legendaries dragons are being stored, it is unlikely to release all dragons at the same time. Ame also tends to like progression in teams so those with Megas might be needed to be released a bit earlier. So it wouldn't surprise me to see a Gible at the end of E17 (just after Titania is beaten). It is not that it learns earthquake. Magikarp might be released as well. Ferrothorn I doubt to be honest since it seems like a good counter to Amaria (resists water, neutral ice and freeze dry, has a powerfull grass stab and is slow).

Skarmory without roost isn't as dangerous so it might be released. Gengar can be released with the nerfs it received. Talonflame also got a drop in power. 

For gen 7 non-legendaries that will not appear: UB's are kinda obvious. Kommo-O seems also very likely. Mimikyu might be but I'm not sure since we don't have sword dance yet but it can do other stuff. Toxapex might be put off limit for a while longer as well.

Edited by FairFamily

Lots of Ground type and desert-themed mons + some Steel types such as Skarmory and Ferroseed (I'm not counting on Scyther or Honedge yet).

Gible just before Titania? Nope. Deino is more likely to happen since we're missing only one Dark Matter.

I think most gen 7 mons that aren't particularly powerful will be added as well.

2 hours ago, FairFamily said:

Well the question is how much time do we have left? I mean unless Ame develops the dragon cave where all pseudo legendaries dragons are being stored, it is unlikely to release all dragons at the same time. Ame also tends to like progression in teams so those with Megas might be needed to be released a bit earlier. So it wouldn't surprise me to see a Gible at the end of E17 (just after Titania is beaten). It is not that it learns earthquake. Magikarp might be released as well. Ferrothorn I doubt to be honest since it seems like a good counter to Amaria (resists water, neutral ice and freeze dry, has a powerfull grass stab and is slow).

Skarmory without roost isn't as dangerous so it might be released. Gengar can be released with the nerfs it received. Talonflame also got a drop in power. 

For gen 7 non-legendaries that will not appear: UB's are kinda obvious. Kommo-O seems also very likely. Mimikyu might be but I'm not sure since we don't have sword dance yet but it can do other stuff. Toxapex might be put off limit for a while longer as well.

How do you know that there's something called a dragon cave with all the psuedo legendaries in it? And how do you know that Amaria comes after Titania and not before her?

• Global Mods

@Nagisa_Hideyoshi @Zander@Alistair

my reason for mentioning Gible was because in the video Ame did of E17's redone intro, the save file shown before going to "New Game" has Garchomp on the team and 14 badges. Nobody who's said Gible wouldn't be obtainable has mentioned that in their explanations for why it won't be obtainable. 

I remember seeing a post that had current and future badge order but can't find it, it seemed pretty accurate and I think it was pulled from game, but it went Ciel, Adrien, Titania, Amaria, Hardy, Saphira. Also one of the field effects is called Dragon's Den or something in the future. Might have Dratini, but I doubt all pseudo's. This is Ame we're talking about

@CynTheSylveon yes, that's what you said in your post above. I'm not oblivious of it. However, that Garchomp in the dev's savefile doesn't necessarily mean we are going to get access to the Gible line.

Besides I don't think Ame has any business giving us a Ground type pseudo, with 130 attack, 102 speed and natural access to Dig (+Bulldoze via TM), right before facing Titania.

Of course I might be wrong. But axing the likes of Gengar and Gyarados to suddenly give us free access to Garchomp of all things would make little sense imo. Both Hydreigon and Dragonite would be less surprising pseudos to obtain atm.

10 minutes ago, Zander said:

@CynTheSylveon

Well if gible is going to be available then, it'll definitely be available after beating Amaria, ie at the end of episode 17 since this episode isn't going to be much story oriented. So it might as well be episode 18.

@FairFamily

I don't think dragon cave is such a common thing to be referred to by name like that, but okay.

just saying,at least half of Amaria's mon is going to have ice beam(for example her Lapras or kingdra) so garchomp with 4x weakness is not that useful against her.Garchomp can't even learn earthquake or dragon claw by level up.

Also it's a field named "Dragon's Den".

44 minutes ago, Yagami said:

just saying,at least half of Amaria's mon is going to have ice beam(for example her Lapras or kingdra) so garchomp with 4x weakness is not that useful against her.Garchomp can't even learn earthquake or dragon claw by level up.

Also it's a field named "Dragon's Den".

Personally, I wonder more about whether we will have the chance to face Amaria's infamous/notorious (beasty) Hydration physical Lapras, than which 'mons will be implemented in E17 :D 

Am I the only person who can't see Magikarp/Gyarados coming in this episode? Plenty of ways for Corin to slip away in a desert setting and besides, Gyarados is still really friggin' good at this point. Hell, would probably 6-0 Titania if she doesn't lead with something packing Thunderbolt/Wild Charge (Steelix is a possibility but non-STAB Thunder Fang off of 85 base attack and a negative modifier to it is still going to do jack lol)

That being said, Skarmory seems reasonably likely. Would be a godsend for hazard stacking teams aaaaand that's about it. Its actual attacking movepool is limited, it has poor special bulk (65/140/70), its speed/attack are pretty bad, and Reborn is very fast-paced. We also don't have Swords Dance yet so it can't pull off SD+Weak Armor sweeps. Outside of the guaranteed hazards it would be mostly dead weight against Amaria (strong field-boosted Water moves = rip) and Saphira (Dragon's Den = +fire damage = most if not all 'mons will have a fire move = rip).

19 minutes ago, Seel The Deal said:

Am I the only person who can't see Magikarp/Gyarados coming in this episode? Plenty of ways for Corin to slip away in a desert setting and besides, Gyarados is still really friggin' good at this point. Hell, would probably 6-0 Titania if she doesn't lead with something packing Thunderbolt/Wild Charge (Steelix is a possibility but non-STAB Thunder Fang off of 85 base attack and a negative modifier to it is still going to do jack lol)

That being said, Skarmory seems reasonably likely. Would be a godsend for hazard stacking teams aaaaand that's about it. Its actual attacking movepool is limited, it has poor special bulk (65/140/70), its speed/attack are pretty bad, and Reborn is very fast-paced. We also don't have Swords Dance yet so it can't pull off SD+Weak Armor sweeps. Outside of the guaranteed hazards it would be mostly dead weight against Amaria (strong field-boosted Water moves = rip) and Saphira (Dragon's Den = +fire damage = most if not all 'mons will have a fire move = rip).

Pretty sure magnezone can stop a gyarados or something with an air baloon.

8 hours ago, Zander said:

Gible is impossible since it completely wrecks Titania and Amy wouldn't allow that.

Ehhh... I mean Garchomp is strong and all, but you'd be surprised how mediocre it is when the only good ground move it gets by level up is Dig. To my knowledge there's no way to get earthquake on it without the TM. Not only that but most Steel types carry earthquake themselves and the AI will probably be smart enough to use it when you use Dig, not to mention that she definitely has a Skarmory she can just switch into. Garchomp has Fire Fang to deal with Steel types too, but its simply not strong enough to actually pick up KO's on anything.

• Veterans
59 minutes ago, whomst'd've'n't said:

Ehhh... I mean Garchomp is strong and all, but you'd be surprised how mediocre it is when the only good ground move it gets by level up is Dig. To my knowledge there's no way to get earthquake on it without the TM. Not only that but most Steel types carry earthquake themselves and the AI will probably be smart enough to use it when you use Dig, not to mention that she definitely has a Skarmory she can just switch into. Garchomp has Fire Fang to deal with Steel types too, but its simply not strong enough to actually pick up KO's on anything.

This tbh. Garchomp's by far my favourite Pokemon but it's level up movepool is actually only decent. It doesn't get it's three staple moves; Swords Dance, Outrage and Earthquake by level up so by this point I think it'd be fine to include, assuming we don't get those moves.

I can smell fish. I see Magikarp. I can see Gengar, too... It has lost much of its former prestige and power. Scyther/Skarmory/Ferroseed/Honedge not yet, even though it would be the perfect time (steel Leader). Fletchling most probably. About pseudos, i believe only Hydreigon to become legit. Tyranitar is a beast anyway and "heavy" dragons are too versatile to be ours, just yet. Besides, with Mega Charizard X, small time pretenders like Dragonite and Salamence are completely irrelevant (especially since they need all 6 perfect IVs and a mixed attacker setting, which became obsolete fast, past generation 5)!

Uh. I can see Skarmory, Ferroseed, Fletchling and Gible but aside from that I doubt any of those will be available. You realise that the reason Gyarados, Salamence and Dragonite are unavailable is because they set up on basically everything and then sweep entire teams. None need mixed movesets.

Gengar I can probably see but not until E17 content itself. Note that even without levitate Gengar is super strong and fast. Between Shadow Ball and Destiny Bond it's almost always taking something down, either alone or down with it.

@Yagami

Oh wow, I didn't actually know that. Bad on my part, sorry.

@whomst'd've'n't

I guess dig is pretty useless against earthquakes but still the decent bulk of garchomp definitely makes it tough. And as a mono steel type gym I think Titania might just run some kind of sand team. Sand veil garchomp just might be good enough. I think Amy might just not take the risk, especially since Titania got such a huge role in the story so it would be kinda lame to get an easy fight against her.

And also from the post that Yagami shared, there is absolutely no way a Dratini is going to be released. Has anyone even seen how broken a Dragonite becomes in this field!? And this is probably going to be used for Hardy and Saphira. Just no. Not happening. 

Edited by Zander

You can get Torchic as your first pokemon, walk into the tall grass right outside after that and catch mons with Moody in less than 5 minutes of playtime, then pay off a homeless drunk to get access to a pokemon with Prankster dual screens, which enables just about any other setup sweeper you can think of if for some reason you didn't like the fire bird or silly beaver

Gyarados after 14 badges and 30+ hours of playtime is not breaking the game

Edited by Paperblade