Corpse Manipulator Q-Jei would like to battle !

Q-Jei

Hello everybody !

My name is Quentin, but I would like to introduce myself as Q-Jei. I am 22 and live in France in a quiet ward somewhere in Alsace. I am a student in my Environmental Engeneering Master's degree who starts to be interested in programming and I like to spend time playing, discovering and attempting to create my own indie game projects. I played my first pokemon game at 9 (Emerald Version <3) and enjoyed Mystery Dungeons too, including Blue/Red Rescue Team and Explorers of Time/Darkness. Above all, my favourite games are the Playstation trilogy with Spyro, Crash Bandicoot and Rayman as well as RPG Horror Games such as Mad Father, The Witch's House (Profile picture reference), Mario The Music Box or even Kio's Adventure, I found them pretty well made :)

It was completely random but I discovered Reborn this summer just after finishing Pokemon Emerald Plus and managed to finish the main storyline of Episode 16, it was pretty challenging and took me a while but was never impossible. In the end, I liked it so much that I did a review of the game for minecraft.fr, good job Ame ;)

The review : https://minecraft.fr/forum/threads/présente-ton-jeu.205162/page-3

image.png.09b1be6c5450210c1c56448cc599c2e3.png

"Can't wait to see more..."

Meanwhile, I frequently use Gimp to create Pixel Art or various stuff as character sprites, artworks, or more... and I would expect that it might be fun to share these with you ;)

In general, I am a bit reserved and not very talkative, but when an interesting topic of discussion starts, I can lose track of time easily. About my musical tastes, I enjoy lots of rock and heavy metal bands, especially Megadeth, Judas Priest, Anthrax and Accept that I had the opportunity to meet during the Colmar Wine Fair two years ago ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪

Finally, if I had to tell what is my favourite anime I've ever seen... Fullmetal Alchemist !

That about covers it and hope I'll get along with all the members (^▼^)

Best regards,

Q-Jei

Edited by Q-Jei

*looks at trainer card* *sees only 103 hours*

Those are rookie numbers I tell ya!   ....jk

Howdy Quentin! Welcome to Reborn! Do enjoy your stay!

Finally, if I had to tell what is my favourite anime I've ever seen... Fullmetal Alchemist !

Ahhhhh. Another who appreciates a good anime. Now the question is, Brotherhood or the first one? Or if your like me you could just go with the first 4 seasons of the original and start off at the second season of Brotherhood. The greater Fullmetal experience, in a sense.

7 hours ago, seki108 said:

Out of curiosity, which version: the 2003 or 2009?

4 hours ago, Dragoknight said:

Ahhhhh. Another who appreciates a good anime. Now the question is, Brotherhood or the first one? Or if your like me you could just go with the first 4 seasons of the original and start off at the second season of Brotherhood. The greater Fullmetal experience, in a sense.

I first watched the first version and then Brotherhood which was the true one. Even if Brotherhood has great fights and inspirational characters like Pride, I got so much feels the first time with the initial anime !

Spoiler

The death of Nina, Greed and Martel were so heartbreaking (┬_┬)

But if I had to choose, Brotherwood wins hands down against the first version.

Spoiler

The scenes of Ed confronting God and Father were totally awesome, and almost each Pride's appearence scared the shit out of me. Can't forget that Gluttony death scene !

Edited by Q-Jei

I remember when I watched Brotherhood, I found it awesome (it still is one of my fav anime to this day) and watched the first series after because I wanted moar FMA. I think Brotherhood is the superior one in most aspects (on top of being the most faithful to the manga) but the original series handled a couple things better. Mostly the development of some secondary characters such as Lust and Martel.

FMAB's music blows FMA's out of the water though :P 

Edited by Alistair

2 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

one thing the first series did better: Maes Hughes. his development, his death, his everything

Agreed. He notably has a lot more screentime, which allows him to shine a little more.

Spoiler

In FMA, he lives past half of the series, whereas in FMAB he dies in episode... 10 I think? of 60+

2 hours ago, Q-Jei said:

I first watched the first version and then Brotherhood which was the true one. Even if Brotherhood has great fights and inspirational characters like Pride, I got so much feels the first time with the initial anime !

Reveal hidden contents

The death of Nina, Greed and Martel were so heartbreaking (┬_┬)

But if I had to choose, Brotherwood wins hands down against the first version.

Reveal hidden contents

The scenes of Ed confronting God and Father were totally awesome, and almost each Pride's appearence scared the shit out of me. Can't forget that Gluttony death scene !

Glad I'm not the only one (though others seem to agree) that the 2003 anime had it's merrits.  While I think 2009 (and the later manga) had a more structured plot and gambit pileups, I think I prefer 2003's ending because it's much more outright emotional and melancholy (or at least not as outright happy).   

13 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

one thing the first series did better: Maes Hughes. his development, his death, his everything

Agreed.  The episode afterword where Ed sees him waving from the train station always gets me.

Thank you to all for your warm welcome, I really appreciate :)

On 18/09/2017 at 7:22 AM, Yagami said:

First of all,welcome to Reborn,Q-Jei.Have a great day.

What was your starter?

Also 103 hours of gameplay!!!!!!!

Reveal hidden contents

200.gif

I feel like a kid now after seeing that.

My starter was a mudkip, he's my fav pokemon among all the 18 available. I have chosen him, regardless of what would have happened next ;)

Edited by Q-Jei

On 19-9-2017 at 10:31 PM, Q-Jei said:

Thank you to all for your warm welcome, I really appreciate :)

My starter was a mudkip, he's my fav pokemon among all the 18 available. I have chosen him, regardless of what would have happened next ;)

mudkipz.png