Even restless spirits pass you every day.

Remnant

"You learned to run from what you feel, and that's why you have nightmares. To deny is to invite madness. To accept is to control." - Megan Chance

The name's Van Saryu, codename is Remnant. My introduction theme emanates from the Pokemon that I generally find interesting and, in their own way, powerful. For better understanding, I find pleasure in understanding the GhostDark, and Psychic types. This even goes as far as tell my personality and my backstory in ways mere words could find hard to interpret.

I sense that you're wondering what is behind these three types, and I shall explain that. To me, they represent a moment in my life that has become a part of me today, even the negative aspects. To achieve balance, one must experience positivity, but also experience negativity. The Ghost type represents many of the losses I've experienced in life, but in doing so, I've learned that the cold embrace of the dark can keep one focused on what they want in life. The Dark type represents the inability to find good in those that have done me wrong, but then again, it also represents my rebellious side. The Psychic type represents my ever-growing intellect, but you know what people are like to nerds nowadays. In short, I've lived a troubled life, but there are moments in life that nullify the past and have made my experiences much more fruitful.

The crowning jewel of my growing confidence is that I've found a community that share the same love for Pokemon that I do, and I can't wait to get even more involved with you guys as time goes on.

Tl;dr: Call me Corey. Life sucked until I found Pokemon Reborn. I'm a chill dude, so send memes.

Welcome Remnant/ Van Saryu/ Corey, enjoy your stay here~

Your preferences are very Hex Maniac-y ;) 

Dark and Ghost are very interesting types indeed. I've never been one to use a lot of Psychic type pokémon, but Gardevoir for one has consistently earned a spot on my teams. I'm usually leaning more in the Poison direction though.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing you around!

I guess you relate to the storyline of Reborn in some way? The story is too drastic though so do you like the story or do you like the community and just wanted to formally introduce yourself now?

Anyways welcome and have a nice time here. I generally go for powerful pokemon so I specialize in hyper offense and if you give me psuedo legendaries then I will always chose to use them unless there's a better pokemon in type coverage.

Good luck

Welcome to Reborn Mr. Remnant!

Where there is darkness in your life, there is light. People will always try to get closer to one side, however they

just forget that there is not just a Midnight Form and a Midday Form, there is also a Dusk Form that is in between ;)

Howdy ho fellow Remnant! Welcome to the forums of Reborn!

You're gonna like Reborn. You got everyone's favorite demon/entity/thing Shade (ghost gym leader) and Ramodus and Luna are awesome (psychic and dark gym leaders respectively).

Dark and Ghost types are always fun. You have a bunch of super powerful 'mons (Aegislash, Chandelure, Gengar, Greninja, Tyranitar, Weavile) and one of my favourites is prankster Saybleye simply because how much of a troll it can be. Can't say I'm all that into psychics but my favourite psychic (and also my favourite fairy) is Gardevoir by far.

Anyway, have a nice time here and see ya 'round!

welcome to reborn weary traveler! i am you local bard who also knows the deepest darkness this world has to offer but i fought back with sarcasm an not caring about what the "popular" people think of the person who plays mtg commander style at lunch by himself (until i found others that like to play that is)

anyways if you ever need help with one of reborn's gym leaders or want a meme to laugh at i am the guy you can ask.,

Thank you, thank you everyone, I appreciate all of the welcomes.

On 11/09/2017 at 6:59 PM, Alistair said:

Welcome Remnant/ Van Saryu/ Corey, enjoy your stay here~

Your preferences are very Hex Maniac-y ;) 

Dark and Ghost are very interesting types indeed. I've never been one to use a lot of Psychic type pokémon, but Gardevoir for one has consistently earned a spot on my teams. I'm usually leaning more in the Poison direction though.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing you around!

But no, I am not the one. Please understand the reference.

On 11/09/2017 at 8:41 PM, GS BALL said:

You are so going to like Reborn... Full of great Ghosts, Darks and Psychics! And the respective gym Leaders are so cool (Luna, Shade, Radomus, those 3 are simply the best, over the top!!!) 

Shade's the first instance of a gym leader that actually resonates with the kind of Pokemon they use. The other two are pretty good (plus I didn't mind giving Radomus a piece of my mind for making a certain choice in the game so hard to decide on!

18 hours ago, Zander said:

I guess you relate to the storyline of Reborn in some way? The story is too drastic though so do you like the story or do you like the community and just wanted to formally introduce yourself now?

Anyways welcome and have a nice time here. I generally go for powerful pokemon so I specialize in hyper offense and if you give me psuedo legendaries then I will always chose to use them unless there's a better pokemon in type coverage.

Good luck

Both, actually. I can be pretty anxious and I may find it hard to fit in as of now, but I hope to remember to come around from time to time to get involved.

As for the story, I know exactly how grisly and tear-jerking it can be.

Spoiler

In fact, I witnessed three deaths among a plethora of rather disturbing stuff that happens in Reborn. Corey's inevitable suicidal leap off the Beryl Ward bridge (and it sucks that he shares the same name as me), Kiki's unfortunate evisceration thanks to Solaris and his Garchomp (plus myself for realizing that I could've used Destiny Bond), as well recently experiencing Ame getting full-on decapitated by Lin's Hydreigon...Ame's death actually made me cringe and had me shake. You witness the very reason you become a shining star on Reborn become just a victim of some heartless cow's lust for blood.

Oh, and don't get me started on event Misdreavus, that was equivalent to Uma Thurman kicking me in the nuts. That stung.

3 hours ago, Nagisa_Hideyoshi said:

Welcome to Reborn, Remnant! Do enjoy your stay...~ And I like Dark-type as well. Especially Umbreon, Greninja and Drapion...

Protean Greninja, we already have one thing in common.

3 hours ago, Remnant said:

In fact, I witnessed three deaths among a plethora of rather disturbing stuff that happens in Reborn. Corey's inevitable suicidal leap off the Beryl Ward bridge (and it sucks that he shares the same name as me),

Oh wow sharing the same name as him must have really hit you hard.

You witness the very reason you become a shining star on Reborn become just a victim of some heartless cow's lust for blood.

Umm, I'm not sure if Amy actually did anything for the player. Only thing she did was give you a starter and tell you about the gym leader pokemon in brief. So I was pretty unaffected by her death, she was basically a side character with no story or relevance to the plot until it was shown that she was the champion.

Oh, and don't get me started on event Misdreavus, that was equivalent to Uma Thurman kicking me in the nuts. That stung.

Well I'm not a very emotional guy so I didn't get stung. I actually completely forgot that I had a misdreavus in my pc until I checked now. But I think in this event you battle Kiki's team of pokemon? I remember having problems with her op medicham and after defeating her, she becomes a misdreavus.

9 hours ago, Zander said:

Umm, I'm not sure if Amy actually did anything for the player. Only thing she did was give you a starter and tell you about the gym leader pokemon in brief. So I was pretty unaffected by her death, she was basically a side character with no story or relevance to the plot until it was shown that she was the champion.

Being there for the player when you wake up after the explosion, letting you get a starter, as well as giving you tips on what could potentially be a strategy against a gym leader...

I think that's enough to justify what I meant.

• 1 month later...