• Veterans

Rumours of our demise were slightly exaggerated.

Spoiler

image.png.6e629c8e27448698117c29f8c25463b7.png

It's Doug Dimmadome, owner of the Dimmsdale Dimmadome, home to our favourite(at least i hope so ;~;) user hosted event, the Redemption League!

What is it you might ask? Well it's in the name my good friend, a user run league in tribute of the now ancient Reborn League.

I'll say it once again, welcome to the Red Dead Redemption League's third and likely last season.  Back again once again, let’s cut right to the chase. There have been a few rule changes from S2 but that’ll be further down, for now let’s get the little stuff outta the way first:

The League will start up on October 13th 2017.

The League will run on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

It will run during 11AM EST until 2PM EST.

All battles will take place on Reborn’s Showdown server in the Redemption League channel.

You get to choose 6 Pokemon and their movesets at the start. You will be locked into these Pokemon and sets for your challenge. Restarts will let you change your team at the cost of starting over from scratch.

Leaders

Spoiler

There are 18 Leaders that are divided into 6 Brackets of 3 Leaders each. You must own the appropriate number of badges before challenging a Leader of that Bracket.

•            Bracket 1 - 0 Badges
  •            Bracket 2 - 2 Badges
  •            Bracket 3 - 4 Badges
  •            Bracket 4 - 7 Badges
  •            Bracket 5 - 10 Badges
  •            Bracket 6 - 13 Badges
  •  
  •            Champion - All other Badges

The Leader rankings will be reviewed every 2 weeks, and will be changed as we see fit. This includes the Champion.

Leaders will be challenged during League Hours only, and each Challenger may only challenge one Leader each day. Leaders will send the physical challenge over Showdown, including choosing the battle format. (Singles, Doubles or Triples)

-    Leaders do not have a specified team, and may make changes to their teams between battles.

- The top Leader in Bracket 6 is the Champion. The Champion cannot be challenged until all other badges are obtained.

- The Champion will be allowed to use one legendary Pokemon in the OU tier not on the ‘available’ list below.

Now that the essentials are outta the way, we can move on to bans and team building rules. These are the restrictions that’ll be in place during your league challenge.

Bans and Battles

Spoiler

•        All bans apply to both challengers and Leaders.

The following bans apply to teambuilding:

Moves:

•     Diamond Storm
  •     All Z-moves

Items:

•      Blazikenite, Kangaskhanite, Gengarite, Latiasite, Lucarionite, Mawilite, Metagrossite, Salamencite, Diancite, All Z-Crystals

Pokemon:

• Zapdos, Mewtwo, Mew, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Giratina, Cresselia, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin-S, Arceus, Victini, Terrakion, Tornadus, Thundurus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Landorus, Kyurem, Kyurem-B, Kyurem-W, Keldeo, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Volcanion, Hoopa-U, Lunala, Solgaleo, Necrozma, Tapu Koko, Tapu Fini, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Pheromosa, Buzzwole, Kartana, Celesteela, Xurkitree, Nihilego, Marshadow, Magearna

Some new legendary Pokemon are available for both challengers and leaders alike at all levels. However, each team is only permitted a maximum of 2 of these Pokemon:

Spoiler

• Articuno, Moltres, Raikou, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latias, Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit, Regigigas Phione, Shaymin-L, Virizion, Cobalion, Meloetta, Hoopa-C, Diancie, Type:Null, Silvally*, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Guzzlord

• *Silvally Rules:
  • Challengers - Silvally’s form must be registered, similarly to Rotom, and cannot be changed between battles.
  • Leaders - All leaders may use Silvally, but only if its type is appropriate.

Specific bans:

•  Speed Boost Blaziken, Battle Bond and Protean Greninja

•  Previously "unavailable" content that can be transferred from 6gen, and 7gen unreleased content will be permitted. Additionally, the type gems will also be allowed.

The following battle clauses will be in effect for Gym Leader/Champion battles:

• Freeze Clause, Sleep Clause, Species Clause, Evasion Clause, Swagger Clause, Baton Pass Clause.

To clarify these rules and clauses:

•        Freeze Clause - Only 1 Pokémon per team can be Frozen.
  •        Sleep Clause - Only one Pokémon can be asleep per team, excluding when the move Rest is used.
  •        Species Clause - You are only allowed to have one Pokémon of the same species in your team.
  •        Evasion Clause - Double Team, Minimize, and Moody are banned.
  •        Swagger Clause - The move Swagger may not be used.
  •        Baton Pass Clause - Speed and another stat may not be passed on with the move Baton Pass

Furthermore, upon starting and clearing certain brackets, you get move tokens which will allow you to change a single move on one of your Pokemon.

These will be obtained upon registration, reaching Bracket 3, and upon reaching the Champion.

Finally, there's the leaders themselves of course.

iKsy93aSYoJ-tSk4Y8-uXQ_GJdVyPRl5Wqhrjr5yZjzK2MjhQWrpuDuKxYynx2ZnDbIJbm9qqINS4_M5ufCzKy3MLXSKf9esCqeyZ0qlsE2DaK3NCKZOTdnEy2Nz5mtPf37XvBfR

Nick - Type: Electric   59b306edd9c68_CurrentBadge.png.57b72a3db9c82b0fa1d0a5477d83f585.png Current Badge

fEuo-AUgoq0ovWmG5-xYBRzHbDf9F1P5EJ5ONn_6305c38FFwumuHFgmHkozu7wvfYos4LaP3CwUVC7-jv8QtLUIo8KoSz_CiXagEDi_CDKM1Kz4GCw2MyBZhg1H3BUYtvWapIWY

Haley - Type: Ice 59b307778a6a1_TundraBadge.png.9f860d0c9547500833b55d2542ef614e.png Tundra Badge

9mNJaXys4uLWjn2hLRsvqcxvb3rYmIFIZsf91yQJDp9yykt2V5NRQf3K3-PS8W-_yFLZyFAyb_FW9UY77Dp_1KhoNj8kfsPagYe8YxX3aCLa7_DgpoPOAct7e9UsAqdNNyYcxU8X

Mira - Type: Ghost 59b307c00179e_RemnantBadge.png.e940a7f3647564ef45974a2b254742d4.png Remnant Badge

That'll be all the leaders you'll be facing in Bracket 1. More to come in the next couple of weeks of course!

Think you can make it to Champion with these rules? Come on and try! Go sign up over on the sign up thread coming soon!

ctOawCec05R6ig7BPYNCMbhToTkT-6vFLyudAz-73XaVS1AWRjjxP9I_Qo5vTo2nml1GFN20wYYKXX8qxIC3SUtVmeW0dPG_VlqP7L3GHpvFVEhneWfQ_YbnNaXKrOHAi2HyoX6J

7 hours ago, TheMoltenGuy said:

Instead of Cosmog I'm looking forward to someone putting Eviolite Cosmoem on their team. :]

I second this too.

EDIT: Cosmoem can get a total of Approximately 595 Defense or Special defense with Evio, depending on the nature.

Edited by Epic C

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody! I'm the one that will be taking over the Leader Reveals as well as Redemption Weekly. I realize Redemption has struggled to keep good reporters in the past but you don't have to worry as that will not be an issue with me. Why, you ask? Because I'm also a Gym Leader! I love my job both as a leader and as a reporter so you can expect quality work on both ends! I apologize, though, I got somewhat side tracked there. As I was saying previously; I'm taking over Leader Reveals and Redemption Weekly. I'm sure you're all curious as to when the next reveal is along with the first issue of Redemption Weekly. I'm pleased to inform you that both will be this coming Tuesday. I generally try to interview the leader before revealing them but results vary on their personality. Redemption hosts some very peculiar people, so some might not be open to interviews. I'll try my best, though! If I manage to score an interview with a leader before revealing them I'll share the results within the reveal! As for already revealed leaders... I'll try my best to interview them live in front of you all! Well, I suppose I've rambled enough. Until next time!

-Jessica

• 3 weeks later...
  • Veterans

Just a question: when USUM (which will have new move tutors) is out and new moves become available to some Pokemon, will we be allowed to use those movesets?

@hcsa and everyone else:

You will be able to change as many moves as you want, but ONLY if those moves only became available to those Pokemon in USUM. Other changes will not be allowed without move tokens as usual.