EP17 team

Xenoxblades

Hello all. It's been a while since I posted here.

I wanted to ask you what pokemons I should train to EP17, what do you think it would fare best? I mean, there aren't many gym types left.

What combos are you guys training for EP17?

My team:

Drapion, 85, Crunch;Knock Off;Cross Poison;Ice Fang

Arcanine, 84-85, Outrage;Flare Blitz;Close Combat; ExtremeSpeed

Espeon, 85, Psychic;Sinchronize;Dazzling Gleam;Morning Sun

Swampert, 83, Earthquake; Surf; RockSmash (it was a mistake, i was high); Rock Slide

Infernape, 85, Acrobatics;Close Combat; Mach Punch; Flare Blitz

Noivern, 85, Dragon Pulse; Cut (I know, ridiculous);Fly;Hurricane

Secondary Team (rarely used, hence low levels atm): 

Crobat, 85

Pilowswine, 60

Emolga, 67

Trubbish, 44

Kricketune, 44

Scrafty, 55

In Training: 
Dragalge, 52

Clefable, 57

Chandelure, 53

Altaria, 46

Metagross, 48

One or 2 more.

Any opinions?

Your Team looks fine, but I'd recommend these Move Sets on em:

Spoiler

Drapion

- Knock Off (Tutor)

- Cross Poison

- Aqua Tail (Tutor)

- Crunch

Arcanine

- Flare Blitz

- Close Combat

- Thunder Fang (Move Re-Learn) [Outrage isn't very useful]

- Extreme Speed

Espeon

- Helping Hand (Move Re-Learn) [Great in Doubles]

- Psychic

- Dazzling Gleam

- Grass Knot

Noivern

- Hurricane

- Dragon Pulse

- Flamethrower

- Air Slash

Swampert

- Waterfall

- Earthquake

- Ice Punch (Tutor)

- Stealth Rock (Tutor) / Rock Slide (Re-Learn) / Superpower or Brick Break

Infernape

- Close Combat

- Flare Blitz

- Thunder Punch (Tutor)

- Mach Punch

OR

- Close Combat

- Flamethrower

- Grass Knot

- Gunk Shot / Mach Punch

Remember that HMs (TMXs) can be deleted at any time in Reborn without the use of the Move Deleter, so you don't have to carry around those moves on your Pokemon. 

I also don't see why you have Arcanine and Infernape on the same Team and I'd recommend swapping one out for the sake of type diversity, but feel free to rock em both!

There are no gyms left where a Grass-type is disadvantaged defensively, 2 left where Grass hits super-effectively, and only 2 left that resist Grass, so training one could be good. Roserade is probably the best option, since Technician turns Hidden Power into a 90 BP Special coverage move (Fire and Ground are best), Venoshock + Toxic (Spikes) makes sweeping ez, it gets Giga Drain and Petal Dance through level-up as Roselia, Weather Ball and Grassy Terrain through relearner as Roserade, and it even has Leaf Storm as well as Extrasensory through breeding with the Nuzleaf line (Extrasensory at 36 as Nuzleaf, Leaf Storm at 44 as Shiftry) and Spikes through breeding with the Cacnea line (Level 30).

Edited by Seel The Deal

Just now, Seel The Deal said:

There are no gyms left where a Grass-type is disadvantaged defensively and only 2 left that resist Grass, so training one could be good. Roserade is probably the best option, since Technician turns Hidden Power into a 90 BP Special coverage move (Fire and Ground are best), Venoshock + Toxic (Spikes) makes sweeping ez, it gets Giga Drain and Petal Dance through level-up as Roselia, Weather Ball and Grassy Terrain through relearner as Roserade, and it even has Leaf Storm as well as Extrasensory through breeding with the Nuzleaf line (Extrasensory at 36 as Nuzleaf, Leaf Storm at 44 as Shiftry) and Spikes through breeding with the Cacnea line (Level 30).

I would say the upcoming Dragon and Rock gyms would be bad, as the field seems to be dragonic, boosting fire type and dragon type attacks, both which decimate grass types.

Just now, Filthy Casual said:

I would say the upcoming Dragon and Rock gyms would be bad, as the field seems to be dragonic, boosting fire type and dragon type attacks, both which decimate grass types.

Dragon will definitely be bad, but rock? Roserade (and a fair few other Grass-types) get Grassy Terrain to screw over the field and boost Grass moves, and even if you don't use that the Dragon's Den terrain (I think that's what it's called?) shouldn't be too bad unless it heavily nerfs Grass moves.

Just now, Seel The Deal said:

Dragon will definitely be bad, but rock? Roserade (and a fair few other Grass-types) get Grassy Terrain to screw over the field and boost Grass moves, and even if you don't use that the Dragon's Den terrain (I think that's what it's called?) shouldn't be too bad unless it heavily nerfs Grass moves.

True, but I think a couple abilities activate in that field (like Magma Armor I think). It could at least make Magcargo kind of threatening-ish. I see where you're coming from, though. I'm just wondering what Hardy's going to use, because I bet he at least has either an Armaldo, Cradily, or Aerodactyl (because I thought I remember him having a Gigalith somewhere).

True, but I think a couple abilities activate in that field (like Magma Armor I think). It could at least make Magcargo kind of threatening-ish. I see where you're coming from, though. I'm just wondering what Hardy's going to use, because I bet he at least has either an Armaldo, Cradily, or Aerodactyl (because I thought I remember him having a Gigalith somewhere).

Yeah, Hardy revealed Gigalith trying to break the PULSE Avalugg's barrier in Ametrine, so we know that's one of his 'mons (could even be a lead since E17 will grant it Sand Stream). If it's on the Dragon's Den field I can totally see him using Tyrantrum, and Cradily is a nice defensive check for 3 of Rock's weaknesses (Grass, Water, Ground) so it seems likely too. This is all speculation for a gym that isn't coming any time soon tho XD

Edited by Seel The Deal