Mapping Questions

Matt_

I have a couple questions regarding mapping on Rpg maker xp with pokemon essentials. How do I delete something off of a level so that you can only see what is on the level below? Basically, if there is a stool on level 2, and a floor beneath it on level 1, how would I make it so there is nothing on level 2? I don't want to put a floor tile over the stool of level 2 because I want all my floor tiles on the lowest level. Also, how do I modify movement permission? So if I put down a table and don't want people to walk through it, how would I do that?

I think tables either go on level 2 or level 3.   Most likely level 2.  There also should be a menu where there are a bunch of Xs and Os on each tileset.  I think Os mean that they're walkable, Xs mean they're not.  But I could be wrong on that.

2 hours ago, Trevore said:

I think tables either go on level 2 or level 3.   Most likely level 2.  There also should be a menu where there are a bunch of Xs and Os on each tileset.  I think Os mean that they're walkable, Xs mean they're not.  But I could be wrong on that.

Thanks for the answer on movement permission, but I think my question was a bit confusing, because I don't want to know which level to put tables on. Basically, I am editing the protagonist's room. They some tables and beds and stuff that I don't want to be there, I want to start fresh with that map and start with only floor tiles, on the first level. The problem is that there are already tiles on the second and third level, so they will be there unless I put something over it, Although I don't want anything over it since I want to start with everything on the first level. So, how could I get rid of the tiles on the second and third level without replacing them with another tile?

20 hours ago, Enigma Shot U said:

You can just place a blank space tile over unwanted items on whichever layer you choose.

Thanks, that worked. Back to the movement permission, I put the x on the black tile and it worked, but when I put the x on the wall tiles, I could still walk on the walls. Do you know what the issue may be? 

3 hours ago, Matthatter03 said:

Thanks, that worked. Back to the movement permission, I put the x on the black tile and it worked, but when I put the x on the wall tiles, I could still walk on the walls. Do you know what the issue may be? 

You may have a tile with movement permissions placed over the wall tiles, try clearing all the layers above the original layer the wall tile is on or better yet, create a blank tile that restricts movement and place that over the wall tiles.