Odd Things You Used To Think - Part 2

• Global Mods

The old thread was archived after the site update, so here's a second one. 

"Is the pope Catholic?" is something people say in response to being asked a question that has an obvious answer. But for a long time, I actually didn't know the pope was Catholic, for two reasons. The first was because I didn't know only Catholicism had a pope. I thought every religion had them. The second was because I didn't know there was only one pope. I thought a pope was the leader of a church. I didn't really fully know what a pope was until 2013 with the news about a new one. 

@Ice Cream Sand Witch are we to infer from this that you're Catholic?  Or at least were raised Catholic?  That's neat!

Tacking on one of my own:

My brother and I were always extremely close in childhood.  I was born just one year before him, but when I was very young I couldn't really internalize that.  He was such a big part of my life, my best friend...  he looked after me more than my parents ever did.  I couldn't imagine a world without him.  Literally.  I could not get my head around the idea of a year where I was alive and he wasn't.  So until I was 6 years old, I happily went on believing that he was born before me.  I just got older faster ;)

The strong irony was later in life the reverse is what actually happened to us.  I was born a year before him, but he's managed to age quite a lot more than I ever will.  We may have grown apart since strangers began thinking I must be his daughter, but I will always remember the little version of him that was my world <3

14 hours ago, Titania said:

Tacking on one of my own:

My brother and I were always extremely close in childhood.  I was born just one year before him, but when I was very young I couldn't really internalize that.  He was such a big part of my life, my best friend...  he looked after me more than my parents ever did.  I couldn't imagine a world without him.  Literally.  I could not get my head around the idea of a year where I was alive and he wasn't.  So until I was 6 years old, I happily went on believing that he was born before me.  I just got older faster ;)

The strong irony was later in life the reverse is what actually happened to us.  I was born a year before him, but he's managed to age quite a lot more than I ever will.  We may have grown apart since strangers began thinking I must be his daughter, but I will always remember the little version of him that was my world <3

*Sob* *sniffle* This has really touched my heart. I didn't even know I had one. *sniffle*