Now, we discussed the possibility of a game set in a region based off of Egypt. I was hesitant to announce this because I've seen many fangames that never got off the ground, plus I really don't have anything solid to offer with this game. Heck, I don't even have a name for the region. I guess this isn't the ideal time to announce something like this especially since September is only a few days away.

Who wants to help make this concept a reality? All help is appreciated, I only have people working on story right now. It would be really great if I could get a good spriter to help me with trainer sprites, because I lack artistic ability. :(

FEATURES:

We do have a few ideas on what to include in the game:

-All Pokemon are available (including legendaries, mythical and pseudo-legendary Pokemon)

-Romance (player will have the option to romance other characters as the game progresses)

-New Pokemon variant form

I'll update this regularly, so you guys can see the progress we make. (Sorry I was away, so I didn't get anything done. I'll update this soon.)

Cheers,

Abhimanyu

Edited by Abhimanyu

Oh, this looks fine. A region based off Egypt? Alright. I can dig it. This overall seems rather okay, but nothing too--

3 hours ago, Abhimanyu said:

-Romance (player will have the option to romance other characters as the game progresses)

👀👀👀 I'm interested...

Good luck to you in your endeavors. Let me know if you're interested in some re-balanced game content. I have a professional document of balance changes for various pre-existing game content that has been overlooked or neglected by GameFreak. I'm unfortunately not a coder or spriter, so I hope you can find someone there. But I am a writer. Feel free to sample some of my work below.

Script Excerpt.docx

OOOh, I can totally see potential in this idea; there's just so much you can do. Having a pyramid, sphinx-like figure (as either a monument or Pokémon), tomb (the non-pyramid kind), oasis, major river, important library (akin to the Library of Alexandria), ruins, vast markets, there's so many possibilities. Having such a vast history, you can draw upon a number of different influences, and it still works (such as mixing the Library of Alexandria with the Sphinx). 

This also brings many options for Pokémon. I can see a cat-legendary, as felines were scared and Bast is an important deity. If you go the route of making the Sphinx into a Pokémon, having it be a pseudo-leggie might be a good route. Also, having a water-based hippo and a ground camel might be two options, as well as a scarab. I'm getting too hyped cx 

And instead of braille, you could use a type of Hieroglyph, and have a Rosetta Stone-like monument to help decode. Or have Alola Pokémonish regional variant on Unown, and they could be Hieroglyphs. 

Okay, I'll stop now, haha. Needless to say, I'd be interested in helping with ideas!

And, like Nyarth, having romance options would be awesome. If possible, having options to bond with some of the major NPCs, even platonic, would be nice. Perhaps like relationship scores, which could in-turn influence certain events? 

Now, I'll really stop this time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Veterans

I can help out with character spriting and character concept art :)

Also, the moment I read that it was going to be based off Egypt, I felt super happy since I'm from the Middle-East and I never thought anyone would ever think of making a fangame based from there.

On 8/31/2017 at 1:01 AM, Abhimanyu said:

Interesting..and since it is in Egypt, PYRAMIDS GALORE.

On 8/30/2017 at 4:18 PM, Nyarth said:

Oh, this looks fine. A region based off Egypt? Alright. I can dig it. This overall seems rather okay, but nothing too--

👀👀👀 I'm interested...

LOLOLOLOLOL

On 8/30/2017 at 5:12 PM, Octavius said:

Good luck to you in your endeavors. Let me know if you're interested in some re-balanced game content. I have a professional document of balance changes for various pre-existing game content that has been overlooked or neglected by GameFreak. I'm unfortunately not a coder or spriter, so I hope you can find someone there. But I am a writer. Feel free to sample some of my work below.

Script Excerpt.docx

Thanks for the tip. I'll look over it.

On 9/6/2017 at 4:01 PM, Star Arcana said:

OOOh, I can totally see potential in this idea; there's just so much you can do. Having a pyramid, sphinx-like figure (as either a monument or Pokémon), tomb (the non-pyramid kind), oasis, major river, important library (akin to the Library of Alexandria), ruins, vast markets, there's so many possibilities. Having such a vast history, you can draw upon a number of different influences, and it still works (such as mixing the Library of Alexandria with the Sphinx). 

This also brings many options for Pokémon. I can see a cat-legendary, as felines were scared and Bast is an important deity. If you go the route of making the Sphinx into a Pokémon, having it be a pseudo-leggie might be a good route. Also, having a water-based hippo and a ground camel might be two options, as well as a scarab. I'm getting too hyped cx 

And instead of braille, you could use a type of Hieroglyph, and have a Rosetta Stone-like monument to help decode. Or have Alola Pokémonish regional variant on Unown, and they could be Hieroglyphs. 

Okay, I'll stop now, haha. Needless to say, I'd be interested in helping with ideas!

And, like Nyarth, having romance options would be awesome. If possible, having options to bond with some of the major NPCs, even platonic, would be nice. Perhaps like relationship scores, which could in-turn influence certain events? 

Now, I'll really stop this time.

WOW. That's a lot of good ideas. I would love it if you could help me with the story and stuff like that. I'll try to incorporate these into the game :) 

15 hours ago, Ruby Red said:

I can help out with character spriting and character concept art :)

Also, the moment I read that it was going to be based off Egypt, I felt super happy since I'm from the Middle-East and I never thought anyone would ever think of making a fangame based from there.

Yaaay! That would be awesome. Can you PM me so we can discuss the characters? I would also appreciate it if I could see some of the art you've done. Thanks.

14 hours ago, BRS swag said:

Interesting..and since it is in Egypt, PYRAMIDS GALORE.

Thanks. Imagine trying to fit a pyramid on a tileset.

7 hours ago, Abhimanyu said:

WOW. That's a lot of good ideas. I would love it if you could help me with the story and stuff like that. I'll try to incorporate these into the game :) 

It would be my pleasure to lend a hand with ideas and such, and I can perhaps help with character creation as well. Sadly, I lack any other useful skills, but I'll do what I can :3

1 hour ago, BRS swag said:

@Abhimanyu You have two options : Either make it look like a RRRREEEEAL pyramid or like one of those in 144p video resolutions

LOL yeah.

7 minutes ago, Star Arcana said:

It would be my pleasure to lend a hand with ideas and such, and I can perhaps help with character creation as well. Sadly, I lack any other useful skills, but I'll do what I can :3

Thank you! I would really appreciate your help. Do you have any ideas for a rival trainer perhaps?

54 minutes ago, Abhimanyu said:

Thank you! I would really appreciate your help. Do you have any ideas for a rival trainer perhaps?

I haven't thought much on the protags and their rival(s) yet, but I do have an idea for who a key NPC could be. Egyptians did use Oracles to relay messages between the deities and mortals, so maybe someone serves that roles, but with legendaries. 

My only idea for the protags as of now is having them be related to the last royal family of the land; basically, they have pharaoh blood. This is what makes them special, and how they can get so strong in such a short time span.  

• 2 months later...