Things to go back for?

Dreamy

• Global Mods

So after finishing the current content in V9, we can go back and (noncanonically) access the old areas. The main new thing we get that opens things up is Strength.

As these old areas will close off again for a while when V10 eventually comes out, now seems like a good time to go and collect things that we couldn't get to before going to GDC

So other than Beldum and Ralts, my question is what things are worth backtracking for with strength? (Items, pokemon, lore, etc)

I recall that a few areas that require strength hide TMs and Zygarde Cells, and I'd say those are worth getting. The ones that specifically come to mind are a TM in Amethyst Grotto, a Zygarde Cell in Crawli's Gym and I believe there was another Zygarde Cell or two that required strength in Darchlight Cave? I could be wrong about that, but strength was definitely needed there. There was also a strength area in Carotos Mountain that led to an item but I forget what that was. It was just a regular Poké Ball sprite though so I don't think it was important.

Honestly, you may as well just go back to anywhere strength was usable. Best to get everything you've not done yet out of the way before V10 is out IMO. I finished V9 yesterday myself and all I've been doing since then is completing side quests and backtracking everywhere to find the things I missed. lol

• Global Mods

Yea the zygarde cells are kind of a big project for me to do at some point because I only got the gather cube about 8 or 9 gyms in as I did all of the help centre quests in east gearen pre-venam, and then never went back in, so I only have 36 cells right now. There's a guide for those though so that will help. I guess if I'm going back to pretty much everywhere for cells, I should see most strength boulders anyway? don't wanna miss any TMs or lore.

Yeah, if you're Cell searching there's a good chance you'll run into most of the strength areas. I recall a fairly small number of them requiring strength, but others you may just happen to find the strength areas while searching for them. Those things really require you to keep an eye out.

Edited by Grimahim