What do you think happened to Geara?

Awbawlisk

Spoiler

I'm in Grand Dream City atm, and awhile ago I got a bit of disturbing hints about Geara's whereabouts after getting banished by the Mewtwo (Dranna), like saying the he is "no longer a functioning member of Team Xen." ...What the hell does that mean, is he dead? What are your thoughts on what Madame X meant by that? If this is actually later explored in the main story as of v9 then please feel free to delete/lock this topic.

• Global Mods

Basically as far as I can gather from Cassandras data transfer metaphor, He was 'corrupted' in some way when the teleporter was destroyed after he was pushed into it. (a little bit like the end of the Mystery Dungeon: Explorers games) whether this means he's dead, horribly disfigured, lost in some void, or something else entirely is unknown.

Edited by DreamblitzX

2 hours ago, Awbawlisk said:

Hide contents

I'm in Grand Dream City atm, and awhile ago I got a bit of disturbing hints about Geara's whereabouts after getting banished by the Mewtwo (Dranna), like saying the he is "no longer a functioning member of Team Xen." ...What the hell does that mean, is he dead? What are your thoughts on what Madame X meant by that? If this is actually later explored in the main story as of v9 then please feel free to delete/lock this topic.

70% sure Geara is Deada.

He probably lost the thingy that was possessing him. Geara and Narcissa's husband are technically two different people. Geara's sprite has a Ghost in his shadow, indicating he is possessed. And now, he probably isn't anymore.

Or who knows? Maybe he needed Giratina to function properly. Without it he enters in disarray and now is wandering mad with multiple personalities and stuff

This was always on my mind, but who exactly was Narcissa's husband?  I know Geara was madly obsessed with Giratina, which was why he changed it to Geara, but still.  There's quite a few things that need explanation.  This might be a little off topic about Geara's fate, but let's look into who he was before we ruined his life.

He tells us about this story of a man named Sirius, a man who built the Radio Tower by manipulating his wife.  Sirius married the leader of Goldenleaf Town, who happens to be Narcissa.  He built the tower as a way to pursue Giratina in secret.  Now, we can't really say that Geara was recruited into Team Xen after the tower burned down, as the Forsaken Laboratory was already seemingly a Xen Laboratory (Just look at the decor!).  However, when he tells us this story, Narcissa calls him Gregory, as heard in the previous versions.  So is he Gregory, or Sirius?  Perhaps like Geara, Sirius is just his code name BEFORE the tower burned down, and Gregory is his real name.  Or maybe Gregory is the alias, and Sirius is his real name, who knows.

I honestly thought Geara wrote the journals before, but it seems like he was the big shot Sirius, so maybe a Xen grunt wrote the journals lying about.

As got his fate, I really want to say he's still alive, but he's too insane to do anything.  Kinda like how Ghetsis became mentally insane after we beat him in Black and White 2.  First, Geara was tricked with Zoroark.  Then, Jenner tries to save Nim, which is the start of what triggers Geara.  Jenner's fate?  Gets pushed into lava by Giratina on Geara's orders.  Then, he loses so badly to Melia and the protagonist.  He starts to go kill crazy, as he just goes ahead and knocks the protagonist into lava while running off with Melia anyways, after dropping Nim into lava too.  After we make it back fromthe dead, this is where he really loses his shit.  He goes into mental shock upon seeing us, alive and unscathed, but then what REALLY sets him off is finding out that Zetta is a Solosis, and when Crescent frees Giratina from his control.  She then force pushes Geara into the teleporter and destroys it.

From what Madame X says about it, I can picture all of that trauma really getting to Geara, and he's probably too damaged to do anything.  Having things go south back to back to back can really make one lose their mind, after all.

• Global Mods

before, I had the impression that;

Sirius was the head of the radio tower, husband of Narcissa, and secretly a Xen executive working on the Giratina project.

Gregory was working under Sirius in the radio tower, got brought into the Giratina project, and wrote the journals.

During the fire (Likely caused by Crescent) Sirius perished, Gregory escaped, got promoted in Team Xen, changed his name to Geara. Narcissa knew him as Gregory because he was her husbands work colleague, and it sounds like before the fire, the people of goldenleaf were pretty close with the radio tower people.

I just went back and read the journals, and they seem to work with this, but they aren't exactly very specific. sadly I can't easily go back and check the dialogue of that sequence again.

Gregory being the name Sirius used for the people of goldenleaf, being Narcissas old husband, and having a grunt write the journals is also pretty plausable, though one question I would have with that is if Sirius was already his 'Xen name' then why did he need to change that to Geara?

I never really got the impression that he was possessed, and the only suggestion of that is his sprite.

I still think Geara's current 'unavailability' is due to teleporter corruption, as I detailed in my post above.

It's hard to say what's happened to him at this point. "No longer functioning" is the only real hint we got, and that could allude to several things. All that really tells us is that whatever his fate, he's not able to operate for Team Xen right now. Considering the last time we saw him was when he was teleported, he could be anywhere for all we know. The general assumption here seems to be that he's either dead or not mentally prepared to continue with his role, but perhaps he's no longer a functioning member because he's MIA? If they don't know where he is and have no way of contacting him, he can't carry out any tasks for Team Xen. That's just a thought though. I don't know what to think of his current fate. All I really believe at this point is that he's not dead. They've made a big deal out of every big death that's happened so far, and the way they worded it as "no longer functioning" is a very strange way of putting it if they intended to say he's dead. It'd be much simpler to say something like "he met his demise" or "he's no longer with us". I could be wrong and maybe he really is dead. I have my doubts because of the way it was said though. It's too ambiguous for me to believe he's permanently deceased.

I kinda thought Sirius would change his executive name to Geara because after the fire, he became far too obsessed with Giratina.  Obsession would make me think he's a likely candidate for one of the four shadows of the Dark Prophecy, but that's a different story entirely.

Honestly, I'm wondering about the whole Giratina obsession thing. If he was obsessed with Giratina then why did it take him 3 decades and a personal vendetta against a child he'd met for 2 seconds to decide to finally go and get it from the lab? I never made the Geara-Gira connection before, so I can understand based on that, but... if he's obsessed then he must me the most patient man in the world. lol

• Global Mods

About Sirius: before V9, his name was Tyron. Sirius sounds like it could be either a real name or a codename (and the Sirius from Reborn uses it as a codename), but Tyron sounds like a real name, and Geara's real name is Gregory. I think it's more likely that Jan just changed Tyron/Sirius's name than Sirius being a codename. Geara also seems a bit too young to be Narcissa's husband, based on both his height and the way he talks. Mosely mentioned him sounding like an angsty teenager, and that's pretty much how he sounds to me too. And just like an angsty teenager, his comeback game is severely lacking, with responses like "Shut up!" and "I don't need your pity!"

I also think Narcissa would have more of a reaction to Geara's existence if he was her (presumed late) husband. When she first meets him, she says something like "Hello. What are you doing on top of my gym?" And later Geara talks about Narcissa's husband as a different person. I feel like if Geara were her husband, Narcissa would say "Why would you..."(keep secrets) instead of "My husband wouldn't..."(keep secrets). 

For what I think happened to him, I agree with DreamblitzX. I don't think we've seen the last of him both because of the way the phrasing left us hanging and because we still have yet to learn about his history with Goldenleaf (though it's also possible for Narcissa or someone else to explain that without him present. Geara does seems to not want to talk about it).