New games.

Damien

Alright I ran out (AGAIN) so I wanting to play some new ones. I am mainly looking for games in these catagories. Horror. Danganronpa. Fnaf. Undertale. Basically any good RPG/horror game. NO pokemon since I played a SHIT ton of it. If I see a SINGLE. Pokemon game in the comments you will be ignored. Just make sure it doesn't suck and I will be happy. Thank. 

EDIT: I am going through my bent 'New games' thread line and straightening out all the rude stuff I said and formally apologizing. I am deeply sorry about ALL I offended over my threads and my greed. Thank you and have a nice day.

Edited by Damien

If you are looking for games like undertale: you're going to probably have to decide if you like the mechanics or the story more about the game.

For Mechanics:

Mario and Luigi series: very action based combat that focuses on timing to avoid attacks or do additional damage.

Legend of Dragoon: Terrible story, but the combat is a little unique and kind of fun

Tales of Symphonia/Abyss: You'll be using combo arts in order to win battle in which you can hop from character to character. Both have a pretty good story and decent cast of characters

Any Bullet Hell game

Mischief Makers: Just a fun N64 platformer

Eternal Sonata: Kind of a mix for the story and the combat but the PS3 one of it can get kind of hard. Yes, a cute little RPG is very deceiving. Battle mechanics are fast paced and require you to think fast to do good damage.

For Story:

Xenoblade Chronicles: This game used to be super expensive to find but it's really dropped in price. The game is a grand adventure in which you explore and entering and exiting combat is quite swift (compared to its predecessor with slow combat). Sidequest range from generic into split paths where choices matter which unlock certain quests and the ending to quest characters. I didn't do too many of these in my first playthrough. A warning as this is a LOOOOONNNNG game as the main story is 60+ hours and you could easily hit 100 hours with it. Easily the best Wii game (also available on Wii U eshop and New 3ds).

Xenogears: This PS1 game is quite the tale and it the grandfather of the Xenoblade Series (all made by the same director). This Evengelion like plot focuses on a cast of characters in a strange world where giant Robots duke it out in battle and it is awesome. But besides that the plot is really good and can get really dark and convoluted at times so while most of it is easy to follow, some things might make your head spin. It's another long adventure (I logged 80 hours), but it's a hell of one. Since it's an oldie it can be a tad on the difficult side and random encounters can get on your nerves. But I loved the mech battle system which Xenoblade X is based around.

Legend of Heroes Trails Series: XSeed has slowly translated most of the games to English, but there are two groups working on the last two games and they are getting pretty far. You can technically play all but one, but it would be better to wait. Anyways there are two starting points in the series: Skies which is the beginning and has phenomenal story but awful combat system (SC and 3rd's are decent) and Cold Steel which has amazing combat and only a decent story. So basically the game is based around the concept of what would happen if technology had accelerated 200 years in a very short span of time. It's a very small description but it's a pretty good summary. These games basically take place in the same world in all spam from Skies to CS3 about a 10 year range. 7 games take place in a 10 year time span. It might even be less. The thing about these games is that every character has a little story to tell including the shopkeeper from the first town. I'll break down Cold Steel and Skies now:

LoH: Trails in the Sky: This what is known as the first arc. It focuses mostly on bracer life which are people who help those in need so you often talk to locals and assist them. The graphics are really outdated and the magic mechanic is really...outdate in the 1st game, but the first one is really short so it's not unbearable. You play the first one for the story. The 2nd game literally continues hours after the first one in which finishes up all the plot holes and really fleshes a lot of the characters out. The battle mechanics are really improved as you get a lot more choices for customization. The 3rd game is...skippable tbh as the focus is to really, and I mean really add depth to the lore and characters and honestly is my favorite in the series.

LoH: Cold Steel: This series has a weaker plot (I think it's still good), but the updated graphics and mechanics along with the voice acting add so much to the game. Just a warning that the first game's plot is very, very, very slow until the midway point. You do spend time at a school as the hub world where you can follow the lives of students and your party members to see what they are up to. Many students have unique stories and you can even visit their families to see their home life. You'll spoil some stuff in skies, but this is the game I'd recommend if you're unsure about the series as it doesn't spoil that much (the 2nd game does spoil a lot as they all connect), and easy to learn. The sequel has probably my favorite combat system in the series though.

(btw all LoH games will be on steam and that's the versions I recommend...though Skies is also on PSP)

Persona 3 (haven't played any of the others): This game takes the high school setting and have a darker twist on it with characters who face a common theme of death. I don't know why, but I've had a lot of trouble with this game and you will probably die once in a while so you gotta be careful, but combat is kind of a side thing as the focus is social links in which you learn about characters and their stories in order for you to get stronger. Your choices do matter a bit, but you can finish a social link even with making wrong choices (but it's near impossible to get a perfect run without a guide to recommend). But oh my god will this game piss you off with your inability to control other characters. Also if your character dies, it's game over. 4 and 5 don't have that problem though.

Final Fantasy 9: I know what you're thinking, "OMG, it's an FF game it's gonna be just like all the others." I'll admit FFVI, VII, and VIII (I'd only recommend VI) are dark games, I didn't really enjoy them all that much. If I had to pick which FF had the best storyline, I'd argue it's this one. Every party member has a tale and many of them are very depressing with Vivi taking the cake. The combat isn't the greatest (it's good other than the steal mechanic) but it's a joy and really underappreciated. The minigames are also pretty fun as well. Only letdown is the final boss.

Chrono Trigger: If you haven't played this game, play it. Play it right now. It's short but just play it. Okay, okay. Chrono Trigger is a game based around time travel where your actions in one time can affect the future. I'd say play 5 hours or at least until you get to the future and explore it a bit to say whether or not you'll like it.

As for some free games:

Ib (kind of a horror game): Only one I actually played. It's really short with multiple endings, but it's a fun little ride. Google the songs after playing it.

Mad Father

The Grey garden

Sunset over Imdahl (Ame did a couple youtube videos of it)

Depends on what consoles you are playing on. 

Sony is the place to be if you like JRPGs. the PS3/4 and Vita have a ton of good stuff.  Persona, Final Fantasy, Undertale, Rogue Galaxy, Star Ocean....

7 hours ago, Commander said:

If you are looking for games like undertale: you're going to probably have to decide if you like the mechanics or the story more about the game.

For Mechanics:

Mario and Luigi series: very action based combat that focuses on timing to avoid attacks or do additional damage.

Legend of Dragoon: Terrible story, but the combat is a little unique and kind of fun

Tales of Symphonia/Abyss: You'll be using combo arts in order to win battle in which you can hop from character to character. Both have a pretty good story and decent cast of characters

Any Bullet Hell game

Mischief Makers: Just a fun N64 platformer

Eternal Sonata: Kind of a mix for the story and the combat but the PS3 one of it can get kind of hard. Yes, a cute little RPG is very deceiving. Battle mechanics are fast paced and require you to think fast to do good damage.

For Story:

Xenoblade Chronicles: This game used to be super expensive to find but it's really dropped in price. The game is a grand adventure in which you explore and entering and exiting combat is quite swift (compared to its predecessor with slow combat). Sidequest range from generic into split paths where choices matter which unlock certain quests and the ending to quest characters. I didn't do too many of these in my first playthrough. A warning as this is a LOOOOONNNNG game as the main story is 60+ hours and you could easily hit 100 hours with it. Easily the best Wii game (also available on Wii U eshop and New 3ds).

Xenogears: This PS1 game is quite the tale and it the grandfather of the Xenoblade Series (all made by the same director). This Evengelion like plot focuses on a cast of characters in a strange world where giant Robots duke it out in battle and it is awesome. But besides that the plot is really good and can get really dark and convoluted at times so while most of it is easy to follow, some things might make your head spin. It's another long adventure (I logged 80 hours), but it's a hell of one. Since it's an oldie it can be a tad on the difficult side and random encounters can get on your nerves. But I loved the mech battle system which Xenoblade X is based around.

Legend of Heroes Trails Series: XSeed has slowly translated most of the games to English, but there are two groups working on the last two games and they are getting pretty far. You can technically play all but one, but it would be better to wait. Anyways there are two starting points in the series: Skies which is the beginning and has phenomenal story but awful combat system (SC and 3rd's are decent) and Cold Steel which has amazing combat and only a decent story. So basically the game is based around the concept of what would happen if technology had accelerated 200 years in a very short span of time. It's a very small description but it's a pretty good summary. These games basically take place in the same world in all spam from Skies to CS3 about a 10 year range. 7 games take place in a 10 year time span. It might even be less. The thing about these games is that every character has a little story to tell including the shopkeeper from the first town. I'll break down Cold Steel and Skies now:

LoH: Trails in the Sky: This what is known as the first arc. It focuses mostly on bracer life which are people who help those in need so you often talk to locals and assist them. The graphics are really outdated and the magic mechanic is really...outdate in the 1st game, but the first one is really short so it's not unbearable. You play the first one for the story. The 2nd game literally continues hours after the first one in which finishes up all the plot holes and really fleshes a lot of the characters out. The battle mechanics are really improved as you get a lot more choices for customization. The 3rd game is...skippable tbh as the focus is to really, and I mean really add depth to the lore and characters and honestly is my favorite in the series.

LoH: Cold Steel: This series has a weaker plot (I think it's still good), but the updated graphics and mechanics along with the voice acting add so much to the game. Just a warning that the first game's plot is very, very, very slow until the midway point. You do spend time at a school as the hub world where you can follow the lives of students and your party members to see what they are up to. Many students have unique stories and you can even visit their families to see their home life. You'll spoil some stuff in skies, but this is the game I'd recommend if you're unsure about the series as it doesn't spoil that much (the 2nd game does spoil a lot as they all connect), and easy to learn. The sequel has probably my favorite combat system in the series though.

(btw all LoH games will be on steam and that's the versions I recommend...though Skies is also on PSP)

Persona 3 (haven't played any of the others): This game takes the high school setting and have a darker twist on it with characters who face a common theme of death. I don't know why, but I've had a lot of trouble with this game and you will probably die once in a while so you gotta be careful, but combat is kind of a side thing as the focus is social links in which you learn about characters and their stories in order for you to get stronger. Your choices do matter a bit, but you can finish a social link even with making wrong choices (but it's near impossible to get a perfect run without a guide to recommend). But oh my god will this game piss you off with your inability to control other characters. Also if your character dies, it's game over. 4 and 5 don't have that problem though.

Final Fantasy 9: I know what you're thinking, "OMG, it's an FF game it's gonna be just like all the others." I'll admit FFVI, VII, and VIII (I'd only recommend VI) are dark games, I didn't really enjoy them all that much. If I had to pick which FF had the best storyline, I'd argue it's this one. Every party member has a tale and many of them are very depressing with Vivi taking the cake. The combat isn't the greatest (it's good other than the steal mechanic) but it's a joy and really underappreciated. The minigames are also pretty fun as well. Only letdown is the final boss.

Chrono Trigger: If you haven't played this game, play it. Play it right now. It's short but just play it. Okay, okay. Chrono Trigger is a game based around time travel where your actions in one time can affect the future. I'd say play 5 hours or at least until you get to the future and explore it a bit to say whether or not you'll like it.

As for some free games:

Ib (kind of a horror game): Only one I actually played. It's really short with multiple endings, but it's a fun little ride. Google the songs after playing it.

Mad Father

The Grey garden

Sunset over Imdahl (Ame did a couple youtube videos of it)

TRUST ME If I could I would play The Gray Garden,for me it crashes whenever I press Start

You do realize an @Commander would make it easier to summon and for me to read it

There's 2 issues that come up with RPGmaker games that came out over 10 years ago. The first is the download didn't download properly. The second reason is the fact that the game is so old that it might not be compatible with you PC. You CAN get them to work, but it's not a simple download and it'll 100% work. I still don't know too much of your tastes in video games as undertale is a weird game that does weird...

Mother 3! Why didn't I think of that before. Some people really like Earthbound, but it's a bit jarring for me but I loved Mother 3.

20 hours ago, Commander said:

You do realize an @Commander would make it easier to summon and for me to read it

There's 2 issues that come up with RPGmaker games that came out over 10 years ago. The first is the download didn't download properly. The second reason is the fact that the game is so old that it might not be compatible with you PC. You CAN get them to work, but it's not a simple download and it'll 100% work. I still don't know too much of your tastes in video games as undertale is a weird game that does weird...

Mother 3! Why didn't I think of that before. Some people really like Earthbound, but it's a bit jarring for me but I loved Mother 3.

How can I get em' to work? I see the game work on other peoples' PCs which have windows 10 and I also have it what am I missing??? With VX Ace games I simply had to download VX Ace,but I can't find a working link to RPG Maker 2000

Commander mentioned Persona 3, and I have to second the notion of playing a Persona game. I've never played 3 or 4, but I can vouch for the 5th entry in the series. It's a masterpiece of stakes escalation, social commentary, and balancing being dark and humorous at the same time. There's also a good mix of gameplay; you do missions (which require stealth, combat, and a bit of puzzle solving), build relationships with characters (which does have combat and story perks), and develop skills. Juggling between these three things is a big part of them game, which prevents it from getting tedious, even after a marathon session. Plus, I really loved the characters and their development. And the story is something to behold, trust me. 

But yeah... that's about it really. 

Someone said fire emblem but thats like a more military advanced pokemon mystery dungeon.  I dig it , my favorite game probably 

Almost like advanced wars (ds games)

Honestly ive been digging the persona series, its one of the best rpgs ive played ever. Amazing stories

Edit : i see that some people already vouched for persona because it is an amazing game. If you have a ps4 or vita , get persona 4 golden or persoma 5. They both have pretty good plot and charactee developmemt with a decent difficulty cap. Persona 4 much harder than 5, and 3 FES is much harder than both 4 and 5.

Warning : each game has atleast 80 hours of.gameplay 

Oh and persona 5 has the BEST freaking music ive ever heard in a videp game hands down. Persona series is bae.

Edited by ApolloReborn