[Game Over] Pokemon: Choose your Own Character! Mafia - N's Cult Wins

Daniel Blackworth

Greetings to you! This is Monsieur Divergent once more, and I'll be your Game Moderator for Pokemon: Choose your Own Character! Mafia. All interested players are welcome here ~ whether you're an experienced player or a new player, you'll still have fun. If you have any questions, you may ask me via PM or via DM (Magister Divergent#9501). You may also pop in the Reborn Mafia Discord Chat at https://discord.gg/qNfjbar

I. WHAT IS MAFIA [HOW TO PLAY THE GAME]

For those who are not familiar with Mafia, here is a basic explanation. Mafia is a game wherein there are two main factions: the Uninformed Majority [town], who only know their role and don't know the other members of the town and the Informed Minority [mafia], who know each other and discuss every Night who they should kill. While the Townspeople have to eliminate all threats to town to win, the Mafia only has to have an equal number or outnumber all other factions combined to win. There may also be Third Party Roles, which have their own Win Conditions.

At the beginning of the game, players will receive a PM with their Role and Alignment.

There are two phases in a Mafia game: 

The Day Phase, which last 48 hours, where the players will discuss about the events of the previous night and find out who us Mafia. Townspeople try to discern the alignment of the other players while the Mafia try to blend in and avoid being read as scum. Before the day ends, the players must vote on a player and the one who gets the majority votes will be eliminated.

The Night Phase, which lasts 24 hours, where the thread is considered 'locked' and players cannot comment in the thread. Instead, if they have Night Actions, special abilities related to their role, they may use those to help their faction win. The Mafia also discusses in their private chat who to kill for the night.

If you have some questions, you may ask me via PM or via this thread. You may also refer to my previous games in this subforum to see how the players play Mafia.

II. SPECIAL TWIST

HOW DOES THIS GAME DIFFER FROM OTHER GAMES?

If you check the Role List, you'll notice that there aren't any roles yet... because the setup doesn't exist as of now and you, the player, will be helping me create the setup for this game. Don't worry though; I'll be doing most of the work. Your responsibility is that... you get to choose the Pokemon character you play as.

To clarify, you'll be choosing three Pokemon characters [be it a pokemon or a character]. To sign up for the game, you'll be commenting below that you'll be participating and then you'll PM me three Pokemon characters of your choosing. You may also arrange it based on your preference. For example, I want Professor Oak to be my character the most among my three choices. I'll format it like this: (1) Professor Oak, (2) Pikachu, and (3) Arceus. This is optional and you don't necessarily have to do this preference ordering. Please do not share the characters you chose with anyone as they'll be kept secret for the rest of the game.

Once all players have chosen, I'll be revealing the roles after I make them. Again, do NOT REVEAL your choices to anyone unless if you're roleclaiming, of course.

By the way, your chosen character will reflect your role, so choose wisely!

ADVICE AND TIPS

It is recommended that you choose Pokemon that will not easily reveal or hint at your character. For example, if your profile picture is a 'Garchomp' or if your profile name is 'Garchomp123', it is advised that you do not choose Garchomp as it will easily hint at your identity, and this isn't good, especially if Garchomp becomes a mafia role. Try to pick choices that aren't too obvious or choices that people may not easily find out.

Moreover, please choose a mix of Pokemon and Pokemon characters. That means, it is preferable that you choose a variety of characters like: (1) Snivy, (2) Hau, and (3) Alain. This helps me create a more balanced setup.

Also, choose a variety of good and bad characters. This is because you will not know your alignment until I assign you your role. It is just a suggestion though - I may even choose Pikachu to be aligned Mafia if given the chance.

III. ROLES

*The Pokemon Alliance*
As an alliance of Pokemon and Trainer alike, they seek to preserve the peace in the Pokemon World. They are the uninformed majority, and their goal is to eliminate all threats to the peace and order in the entire land.

Caitlin
  - Renowned as an excellent trainer in both Sinnoh [Battle Castle] and Unova [Elite 4], Caitlin possesses strong Psychic Abilities which allows her to look every night into another character's mind and determine their true intentions. [COP]

Nurse Joy 
  -     As a member of an extensive family of healers, nurses, and medics, Nurse Joy is skilled in treating wounds and injuries. Every night, she may visit another character and cure them from any harm that may occur during the night. [DOCTOR]

Steven Stone
  -     Previously the champion of the Hoenn Region, Steven Stone is a powerful trainer who wanders the land to collect rare and valuable stones of different kinds. Due to this, he has amassed enough wealth to support the Pokemon Alliance. Thus, every night, he may choose to give someone a gun which can be used during the day or a vest which protects someone from a kill. * Guns have a 50% chance of revealing the shooter. [GUN/VESTSMITH]

Blaine 
  -     Unlike other popular Fire Type Trainers, Blaine is well known for being a calm and intelligent person. For this reason, every night, he places a data chip on another character, and ascertains the person they may visit during the night. He won't identify the action the character performs though. [TRACKER]

Keldeo
  -     Being a member of the Sacred Swords of Justice, Keldeo essentially works to protect the oppressed and the meek using his own sense of justice. For this reason, every night, he may opt to eliminate someone of his own choosing. If N recruits him, he gains a secret ability. [VIGILANTE]

Hydreigon
  -     A rather brutal Pokemon who is constantly on a rampage, Hydreigon keeps a character occupied every night, hindering them from performing any night actions. [ROLEBLOCKER]

Togepi
  -     Known as a cute Pokemon who brings good luck to anyone, Togepi visits another character every night and performs Metronome, which may give a random piece of information to that person. [PENGUIN]

Mienshao
  -     As a fighting Pokemon, Mienshao is trained in the art of focus and concentration. Due to this, Mienshao is able to deliver rapid fire punches. Along with this, as Mienshao's ability, Mienshao gains immunity to the first action he receives [all including lynches]. The next actions done to him have a 30% chance of failing. [MODIFIED BP] 

Ampharos
  -     Ampharos is known for its rather strong electric attacks. Once in the game, Ampharos may choose to release its inner electric energy, causing all night actions to fail. [DISRUPTOR]

Blaziken
  -     Blaziken is widely known for his punches and kicks, but he is more respected for his good skill in jumping. Due to this, Blaziken may choose two people per night to switch outcomes with his high speed and accuracy. All actions to be delivered to Player A will be received by Player B, and vice versa. This counts as a visit to both. [BUS DRIVER] 

Mysterious Individual
  -     The Mysterious Individual seems to elude all forms of information gathering. His abilities remain secret to everyone... [???]

*Soul Society*
The Ghost Type Pokemon, herded by Aegislash, has decided to make the land their own after Aegislash had thought that there was no one, no one rightful to become the ruler of the kingdom anymore. They are the informed minority, and their goal is to equal or outnumber all other factions combined.

Aegislash
  -     As the Leader of the Soul Society, Aegislash is the most powerful of the Ghost Pokemon. Every night, Aegislash has the final say on whom the Soul Society eliminates during the night and conducts the execution personally thereafter. On the event that Aegislash is eliminated, someone takes up this ability. Additionally, Aegislash appears innocent in Caitlin's reports due to inate spectral ability. [GODFATHER]

Chandelure
  -     Chandelure, the Luring Pokemon, has a rare type of flame, a flame which does not affect others physically, but spiritually. Chandelure's flames are hypnotizing, thus, every night, Chandelure may impose a post restriction (such as forcing rhyming scheme, limiting posts to 2 only, etc) on another player. If Chandelure receives a Fire related item, Chandelure gains a secret boost. [WITCH]

Froslass
  -     Froslass is an ice spirit known for manipulating others through illusions, especially those who traverse the icy mountain alone. Due to this, every night, Froslass may visit another and provide them an illusory item: either a gun which backfires on the user or a vest which just doesn't work [FABRICATOR] 

Shedinja
  -     "A shell of what it once used to be" A typical line given to Shedinjas out there. Shedinja has always disliked being second only to Ninjask due to being an 'offset' of sorts. For this reason, Shedinja has plotted to make another be like him. Once in the game, Shedinja may visit another character and if that character dies, only Shedinja will gain knowledge to that person's role [JANITOR]

*Third Party Roles*
These characters are ones who are not aligned with either the Pokemon Alliance or the Soul Society. They have their own motives and agendas, and the bear personal win conditions.

N
  -     As the young idealist who desires to have a utopia for Pokemon by separating the world of humans and pokemon in a means called liberation, N recruits another character every night to join his cause. The characters recruited to his cause lose their former alignment and abilities, and join his team as they plan to equal or outnumber all other factions combined. If N dies however, all other members will commit suicide along with him. [CULTIST]

Absol
  -     Known as the disaster Pokemon and bringer of omens, Absol has grown tired of all the people accusing him of bringing disasters. Thus, Absol has decided to lay ruin to the land. Every night, Absol curses another character who becomes forbidden from making a vote on another character. If the forbidden vote is performed, the cursed person dies. Absol wins if two successful kills are made. [DIABOLIST]

IV. RULES

-   The Reborn Forum rules apply here.
  -     All Player Discussion must be kept here in this thread. Private PMs, discussion outside the thread through Discord, IRL, or other methods are not allowed as well. Only the mandated mafia discussion will be legalized.
  -     Per Day Phase, everyone is required to post 2 times. At Night Phase, the thread is considered locked and no one must post in the thread. Violation means a warning then immediate elimination.
  -     Sharing of PMs from me is not allowed. There will be consequences if found out. Ruining the game is not fun :(
  -     For voting in the Day Phase, use this format [VOTE] (Player Name)in bold. Votes can be changed throughout the Day Phase, as long as you notify me properly. For this game, ABSTAINING IS NOT allowed.
  -     If you are ELIMINATED, you have a final post, which must not reveal critical information to the game. 
  -     Night Actions should be sent to me in PM or in DM.
  -     Editing of posts is discouraged. If you wish to have a change, quote your previous post and say the appropriate changes.
  -     Lastly, respect the host and the other players. Personal attacks on others will have their own repercussions. 

If you have any questions, you may ask me here or via PM. You may also pop in the specified Discord chat linked at the top of this post ~

If you're interested in participating, comment below and send me your characters via PM. Please read Section II for the complete details on sign ups.

Also, if you're interested, you may also join Jace Stormkirk's Fire Emblem Mafia. It's a stat based mafia game.

Edited by Magister Divergent

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Night Zero

The night was quiet in the entire Pokemon World. There wasn't much noise around, but the air just felt... different. If one actually paid attention to the atmosphere, one may hear footsteps of sorts moving through the wide plains or one may observe eyes glaring somewhere out there.

It seemed that some people were baring for something. What it was, the general public would probably not notice, was a battle that was going to go on between the Pokemon Alliance and the Soul Society.

Aegislash and his Soul Society Group was gathering in the thickets, forging plans, making decisions, preparing to take actions into their own hands. Aegislash was ready to eliminate anyone who opposed his group.

"No one... rightful king... anymore." Aegislash uttered from the mouth of a human he possessed. "I... shall rule... instead. Prepare... your weapons..."

Meanwhile, the Pokemon Alliance was hanging about around the vicinity. They were intending to take care of this whole World Domination matter. Again. Not like there weren't like 1000 other World Domination plans that they already squashed. However, Steven Stone was not ready to just let their group's guard down because of the apparently small group of usurpers this time.

"Ready your combat weapons. Prepare for extermination." Steven Stone announced to his small troop of loyal warriors.

Meanwhile, the two groups were unaware of certain elements who could change their battle.

"The Pokemon must be liberated from the harsh humankind." A tall, green haired teenager called N muttered in the distance. "I hear their voices, they suffer due to the irresponsible treatment of humanity. No more of this. I shall bring them freedom."

"..." Absol stared at the battlefield from the cliffside. He saw darkness, darkness that would befall the area. Destruction and death was imminent in a short while. Of course, he would be responsible for some of it.

The night was going to be a long night.

======

Night Zero has started. You have 24 hours to send in your respective Night Actions. Strictly no commenting on the thread during the Night Phase.

Please take a careful read on the rule set presented on the first page! Thanks.

======

Pokemon: Choose your Own Character! Mafia Player List

Monsieur Divergent as your Game Moderator

1. Paul25 as ???
 2. Quinnox as ???
 3. Cataline as ???
 4. Sailboat as ???
 5. Jace Stormkirk as ???
 6. Psychotic Pudu as ???
 7. Greninja as ???
 8. LykosHand as ???
 9. Roswell as ???
10. Venus as ???
11. Megagun as ???
12. Alistair as ???
13. Endearing Character Trait as ???
14. Snowy Amine as ???
15. Anti_Hero as ???
16. Digital Amber as ??? 
17. Refty365 as ???

Night Zero Results / Day One

The night before was a night unlike no other.

Steven Stone gathered his comrades and told them of the plan. "We're all going to use our individual skills to find those traitors from the Soul Society. Try your best to gather any information on the enemy. Don't get caught." He told the troops, his voice eager and confident. After all, he had enough trust that they were going to squash the Soul Society's plans for dominion.

He dismissed the troops and they went their own way. Some people thought it was a good idea to perform their skills immediately while some others stayed passive for the moment, seeing how the water would flow.

Keldeo followed a certain someone. Keldeo thought, Justice is to be served. I don't care if this one's from the enemy team or not, but I need a dose of justice!

Keldeo went and prepared her horn of power. SAAACRRED SWWWOORDD!!! She nearly attacked her target, but Blaziken suddenly appeared from the air, and somehow switched their positions. Keldeo received the full blow of the Sacred Sword instead. Her target ran away immediately from the site, clearly afraid of almost being targeted.

Meanwhile, the Soul Society also moved in the night, their movements stealthy and almost undetected. Aegislash prepared to conduct execution on someone, someone they were eyeing for the night. Aegislash approached their target carefully, and readied their Attack Forme, but for some reason or another, their action just failed!

Later into the night, N started his move after witnessing the chaos in the night. He approached an unsuspecting victim and said, "Let us liberate the Pokemon together. We must build a utopia for the Pokemon!"

Elsewhere, Absol gave an omen of death to someone. Absol hoped that destruction would be imminent.

Quinnox is dead. She was Keldeo.

Purplecicada has substituted for Psychotic Pudu.

Quinnox 2 has substituted for Refty365.

======

Day One has started. You have 48 hours to discuss, and vote someone out. The minimum post requirement is 2 posts. Abstaining is not allowed.

======

Pokemon: Choose your Own Character! Mafia Player List

Monsieur Divergent as your Game Moderator

1. Paul25 as ???
 2. Quinnox as Keldeo [Killed N0]
 3. Cataline as ???
 4. Sailboat as ???
 5. Jace Stormkirk as ???
 6. Psychotic Pudu > Purplecicada as ???
 7. Greninja as ???
 8. LykosHand as ???
 9. Roswell as ???
10. Venus as ???
11. Megagun as ???
12. Alistair as ???
13. Endearing Character Trait as ???
14. Snowy Amine as ???
15. Anti_Hero as ???
16. Digital Amber as ??? 
17. Refty365 > Quinnox 2 as ???

Well that was a rather eventful first night.

Keldeo dead, N and Absol on the move, Aegislash failing to kill... The Vigilante disappearing from the game so early is an interesting turn of events. As well as Quinnox's apparently blind attempt at killing someone. Not to mention how Blaziken used their ability exactly on the right/wrong person at the right/wrong time. 

I don't have anything interesting to share at the moment, but maybe other players would.