mafia: trouble in fire emblem (gg mafia wins!)

Jace Stormkirk

1 introduction

Spoiler

welcome to my first mafia game that i have hosted so please pardon if i miss anything. anyways this is set in the fire emblem world and will be a stat based game with characters from many games as playable characters.

2.story

Spoiler

the sun has risen over the hold of the legendary sword falchion. a guard is doing his patrols when he notices something odd. the sword looks off... as the guard gets closer he gasps. the sword has been stolen. he quickly rushes toward marth and tells him the grave news. marth takes action and calls an announcement that the sword has been taken and it needs to be retrieved before the this scourge of dragons gets here or all is lost.

3 what is mafia

Spoiler

At the beginning of the game, players will receive a PM with their Role and Faction/Alignment.

There are two phases in a Mafia game:

The Day Phase, where the players will discuss about the events of the previous night and find out who is Mafia,  Before the day ends, the people vote to lynch someone, however, you may abstain if you'd prefer to. If the number of people who prefer to lynch is the majority, lynching happens and the one who gets lynched is the one who gets the highest vote. To simplify the explanation, here are some examples:

Say, we have 13 players

6/13 players wanted to lynch someone. - No Lynch will happen

7/13 players wanted to lynch someone.

*Votes are distributed in this way: A-5 B-1 C-1 = Player A will be lynched.

*Votes are A-3 B-3 C-1 = No Lynching will happen.

The Night Phase, where the thread is considered 'locked' and players cannot comment in the thread. Instead, if they have Night Actions, special abilities related to their role, they may use those to help their faction win.

The Day Phase lasts for 48 hours while the Night Phase lasts for 24 hours.

If you have some questions, you may ask me via PM or via this thread.

4 game mecanics

Spoiler

in this game you have hp. how much hp someones loses is determend by your wep vs their wep and  your attack - their def or res (minimum of 1) hp does not regen except with special wep . the  weapons are sword, axe, lance, bow, tome, and staff. here is how weps interact sword> axe> lance> sword tome and staff>armored bow>flying. if you have the dvantage you deal x2 damage. there are also infantry, cavalry, armored, and flying unit types. infantry have balanced stats, cavalry +att -res armored has +def -res flying +res -hp

5 characters and their roles

Spoiler

marth- he can see if someone is town or not +att -res

robin- advantage vs bow and staff +res - def

clive- can protect someone else +def -att

kagero- can find out what unit type player is +res -hp

raven- hits twice once per game +res - hp

cecilia- can find out wep type +res -def

zephiel- + n damage where n is life lost +hp - res

michalis- negates additional damage + res - def

camus- prevents someone form taking night actions +att -hp

gwendolyn- halfs damage she takes +hp -res

rules

Spoiler

-     The Reborn Forum rules apply here.

-     All Player Discussion must be kept here in this thread. Private PMs, discussion outside the thread through Discord, IRL, or other methods are not allowed as well. Only the mafia will be legalized.

-     Per Day Phase, everyone is required to post 2 times. At Night Phase, the thread is considered locked and no one must post in the thread. Violation means a warning, then immediate elimination.

-     Sharing of PMs from me is not allowed. There will be consequences if found out. Ruining the game is not fun :(

-     For voting in the Day Phase, use this format [ELIMINATE] [Player Name] [wepon type]. Votes can be changed throughout the Day Phase, as long as you notify me properly. For this game, ABSTAINING is perfectly fine by placing [ELIMINATE] No One.

-     If you are ELIMINATED, you have a final post, which must not reveal critical information to the game.

-     Night Actions should be sent to me in PM or in DM.

-     Editing of posts is discouraged. If you wish to have a change, quote your previous post and say the appropriate changes.

-     Lastly, respect the host and the other players. Personal attacks on others will have their own repercussions.

Edited by Jace Stormkirk

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sure im in

I'll just ask along the way regarding some of the mechanics as i have limited knowledge in fe

@Greninja@Paul25, @LykosHand I think this will have similar mechanics with the first maf i hosted so perhaps you guys might be interested in another one like that

I am in but I would like more details on the mechanics. 

Depending on the unit type it's your stats, but the weapon one uses can be any or is it predetermined?

What about abilities? What kind of abilities will they be?

Someone only dies if he gets lynched /somehow killed, but how does the house okay? Is it possible to survive a lynch by having enough hp?

@Anti_Hero ok here is some clarification

1. weps all have the same base hit (except staff) unless you all want special weps (majority vote), it will be any kind

2 abilitys will be based upon the character you get, things like finding out persons weps. finding out type of unit. knowing town from mafia

3. ok not sure on what you were trying to say for the second part but i can do the other two 

4. everyone has the night action to attack someone at night. you choose your wep (if you have more than one. the killing blow gets weapon) yes lets say you have a sword and you are lynched by axe, lynch does 5 damage base, so you will take 2 1/2 damage  you will live with 2 1/2 damage

@Megagun @EndearingCharacterTrait @sailboat @Magister Divergent @LykosHand @Alistair @Greninja @Paul25 @Anti_Hero @Cataline

ok first up i would like you to vote on if you want special weps or not

second is characters with abilitys and more stats

marth- he can see if someone is town or not +att -res

robin- advantage vs bow and staff +res - def

clive- can protect someone else +def -att

kagero- can find out what unit type player is +res -hp

raven- hits twice once per game +res - hp

ike- +1 damage if using sword +def - res

cecilia- can find out wep type +res -def

zephiel- + n damage where n is life lost +hp - res

michalis- negates additional damage + res - def

camus- prevents someone form taking night actions +att -hp

gwendolyn- halfs damage she takes +hp -res

if we get more players i will add more

Edited by Jace Stormkirk

@Alistair some quick examples are armorslayer ( bonus damage vs armored units), ridersbane( bonus damage vs cavalry units), lightning sword (uses res for damage), hammer( bonus damage vs armored units), radiant bow (uses res for damage),blessed sword, lance, or bow (heal 1 hp during day but -1 damage)

@Anti_Hero it deals damage that might cause target to die