Shadows O'er Valtoria [IC]

Raindrop Valkyrie

Three days it's been. Aye, three days since that castle showed up. l got up early yet again, little to no sleep. l had to find some brave enough to travel to that damned place. l went out to the square, crossbow in me 'and. Hopefully, these old bones could inspire something in these people.

William, the old mayor of Valtoria spent all day in town square yet again trying to gather folks to come with him. Most were just more concerned with protecting the town from the nightly raids of monsters. They thought they'd only have a chance to hold out if they stayed put. lf those were the monsters that flooded out the gate... what horrors lay inside? William knew that wasn't good enough though. lf someone didn't brave the castle this would go on forever. The nights would only grow longer and more filled with danger. 

The Castle

William is seen, begging passersby for help in a strange crystal apparatus. A cascade of liquid glass floating in some sort of magical field. A figure is seated in a mighty chair, fit for royalty. The room is dark save for the dim candlelight that lights the dark castle interior. lt bounces about the room, reflecting off the strange magical glass in it center causing a dull orange glow to fill the room. A smile comes into view, perfect white teeth that catch the orange warmth. The wicked grin has something that makes it all the more sinister however. The two top incisors come to a long point. A fang, much more fitting a bat or a wolf than that of a human. The figure laughs through his teeth looking at the scene.

"Would you look at them squirm? Humans are so amusing when faced with their demise." a deep gravely voice spoke out to no one in particular. Despite his apparent merriment, he seemed quite bored. Perhaps it was just how his voice sounded, like that of a chilled grave on an early morning. "Predictable as well, hmmm. We wonder when the more interesting ones will arrive. We've got one. He's got to entice others to his aid...and their subsequent doom trying to oppose us. lt'd be a pity if it was but the one. That'd be too easy. And not nearly enough fun.~"

The figure continued to watch William through his strange looking glass, his statuesque features highlighted by the faint orange glow. lt was the beginning, for he had risen once more. Would the humans prevail...? Or would he finally wipe them out this time? Only time would tell.

William

lt was nearly evening, and William had failed to drum up anything once more. Perhaps it was time to start organizing the night watch. He couldn't help but sit in the dust feeling defeated though. He took off his hat and laid it in his lap placin' old Betsy to his side on the bench he was seated on now. 

"Damn, and l thought today maybe l'd find somebody."

((Just go bug William to intro your character~))

Ole had watched from a distance as William once more tried, and failed, to convince folks that things were only going to get worse if they refused to act. Her scythe hung strapped from one shoulder, the knapsack she'd been using to cart her supplies to the wounded on the other. It still boggled her, the injuries the beasts had inflicted over the past few nights, unlike anything she'd ever seen before... Just as the monstrosities themselves had been. 

"He has a point..." The witch muttered under her breath. Mical gave her a sideways glance out of the corner of his spectacles, almost covered by a few strands of sweat soaked, dirty blonde hair. The past few days had been even harder on him, working non-stop to try and keep a steady supply of poultice and salve, among other remedies, available. That wasn't even mentioning how he'd accompanied her to just about all the wounded folk.

"Honey," he began, "Please, don't... we have enough to worry about as it is-"

"And even more if the attacks get even worse." She retorted, "Look at yourself, it's only been a few days... Do you really think we'll be able to keep this up for weeks or months? The castle is the source... The monsters are just the symptom."

Mical paused for a moment or two. He knew she was right, that all this was delaying the inevitable but... "At least... Leave it to someone else, Ole. You shouldn't be traipsing about in some keep, what if something happens to you? What about our-" a finger on his lips, hushing him mid-sentence.

"See, that's the problem..."she sighed. "Everyone wants to just... Leave it to someone else. Too afraid to do anything besides hold up in town. Mical, what kind of future do you think any of us will have is this isn't stopped? If I wait here doing nothing, or if I go and die, it's the same basic outcome... So I want to at least try, because we'll lose everything either way. Besides, it's only a few weeks along, I'm fine, can still fight. Unless you intend to go..." 

Her husband paled at the very idea. She wasn't surprised or even disappointed in the least bit; he'd always been a scholar, not a fighter. His talents were better used for healing, creating solutions, helping folks. It had been one of the many reasons she'd fallen for him to begin with, after all. 

"I promise, I'll be careful. Stay here, keep helping the others, I'll go talk to William"

"But... Fine" The alchemist finally sighed in defeat. He knew he'd already lost "Go on then, if you're this certain about it... There's not much I can do. Maybe with your help, he can finally get some folks together." 

Ole nodded, before turning to head towards the mayor, when Mical called behind her, a tone far more driven than he had been just moments before

"If you don't come back though, I will come to find you... whatever may lurk in that place be damned..."

She smiled, just briefly, but kept walking. He certainly had his bolder moments, she could give him that much. She approached the bench, looking at the sulking mayor

"Ya know, I think you're right, William... If someone doesn't stop this at the source, it'll only get worse."

"Oh, Mrs. Aylward." William said picking up his hat and placing it to his chest. He was clearly taken a bit off guard. He stood up and looked her over, sure as day, it was Oleander no doubt. She was reliable that was for sure. He didn't see Mical though. Didn't figure he'd show. the man wasn't worth much in a fight. Nothin' wrong with that, it was just the truth. He wondered how worried the poor sap was. He was quite the worrywart.

"So, how many of Mical's teeth you have to pull to get him to leave you go?" he jested to lighten the mood a little. "Eh, worry ya none about that though, l'm just glad somebody's got a mind to listen. Hopefully one's enough to get a few others."

"Hmmm, so the first comes. And a witch. lnteresting... interesting. Seeking to use dark magic against me... laughable really."

"Hey! I take offense to that!" The loud voice of another woman sounds, and around the corner turns its owner; Bedelia Burke, local town guard, her almost comically oversized maul resting on one shoulder. Despite her words, a smile still decorated the girlish-looking guardswoman's face. "I'm not afraid of some smelly old castle or its smelly old monsters! And speaking of smelly old things, William! How are you doing?" She clapped the man on the back as a greeting. "You're right, though, Ole. No quest ever got done by people sitting in town. That's why I'm here to declare that I, Bedelia Burke, Guardian of Valtoria, am ready to join you on your quest!" As she made her pronouncement, she struck a pose, with one arm lifting her weapon dramatically into the air and the other placed firmly on her hip.

She held this for a moment or two, before relaxing and bringing her voice down to what she thought of as a normal conversational tone. "I'm terribly sorry that I didn't join you earlier. I was just worried about how the rest of the guard would handle things without me around."

Groove had only just come to town when the castle had appeared in Valtoria. Long before he had come here, Groove had experienced plenty of tragedy. And yet in the face of this, his own horrors felt veritably mundane. He had begun to regret the man he'd become. Just this morning he'd prayed for the first time in years, and it had felt truly fulfilling. He was finally at peace with himself and his god, and had come here to offer his services to this ailing town. Much to his surprise, he was not the first to sign up for this mad suicide mission. Perhaps it wasn't pure foolishness after all. He spoke up to announce his presence. "I can't say I'll be much use." He said, "but I've got nothing left to lose. The name's Groove Filcher, I've got a lute and some prayers if you'll take them."

"Good to see your as chipper as ever Miss Burke." William said with a chuckle. He picked up Betsy, placing her cross on the ground. He looked over his growing force. Suddenly, things were coming together. Maybe this wasn't so doomed after all. "l'm sure the guards will manage well without you though Miss Burke. You've surely taught them well, l'm sure they will keep the people safe while we take on the castle head on." He said placing his hat to his chest again.

"Ahhhh... hope. Disgusting..."

"and greetings traveler. l've not seen you 'round these parts before, but your assistence is welcome. Any help you can offer is welcome." he said with a smile to the newcomer, placing his hat on his old balding head. "We should get ready to move out soon. Not sure if we'll get anyone else, we've got a bit of time left though."

"Aye, that'd be correct Jess." William looked around. He expressed some regret as it was a much younger crowd taking up the mantle for this, other than his old bones of course. William supposed it was the young that always took charge though. No good bloody cowards that forced them to shoulder their burdens though. People always content that someone else will deal with it. William couldn't help but hope they made their tombs and lied in them, but he'd never say it aloud.

The old man sighed just adjusting his hat. "Well, it's nearly the evenin' and we should really get down to the Old Road before dark. lt seems she leads to the Castle now. Help me get the stagecoach ready, then we can get this mission underway." 

"Hmmm, the old road huh? A place full of rats and brigands somehow even with my legions. Be a shame if they died to other humans. Perhaps l should clear the way for them? Though, they are my enemy. Perhaps only a little bit. l'll send Slogra and Gaibon to meet them halfway. Clears out some of the bandits... my minions kill them... win win no?"

"RIGHT THEN! ONWARD TO GLORY!" Belinda hurried toward the aforementioned stagecoach - it was a wonder the amount of noise she made didn't spook the horses. "Quickly, my comrades, we've no time to waste!" I wonder what Pa will think of all this. Going to fight Dracula himself. . . The woman practically vibrated with energy as she started the process of harnessing the horses to the vehicle and ensuring everything else was in order. 

"Well she's.... certainly enthusiastic, as always..." Ole managed a small smile before glancing at the rest of them- and though she'd been expecting it given how Will's recruitment attempts had went all the previous nights, she still could not stifle the.... thoughts that passed through her mind. 

By the old Gods, only four of them? She knew folks were scared, yes, it was quite reasonable given the dire situation, but really? Only four people, and the mayor? Out of this entire damn town, were they the only ones who were courageous and willing enough to try and take an active role in defending not only their own lives, but the lives of all they cared about as well?

Were they truly this short-sighted, all of them who were watching them even now, that they could be so content to stay here, hide, try and ride it out? Content to slowly die on the claws of the beasts who would come again, and again, and again, in larger numbers each time? Were they truly mice, rather than men, justing waiting to be crushed beneath the heel of a bengal tiger?

It would seem so. What a pity...a horrible, horrible pity.

"Fear has it's use..." Ole muttered beneath her breath as she headed towards the stage coach  to see if Bel could use any help. The words were just loud enough for each and every one of the others gathered there to hear her.... "but cowardice has none. Better to die on your feet, than on your knees."

William was inclined to agree. He'd been a soldier once. He'd seen the effects of such. Good men died cause lesser ones couldn't stand their ground. He just thought about it though as he loaded the back of the coach with supplies. He was rather spry for an old guy. 

"hmmm, 5. That should be enough. lt was more than l was expecting." William said, trying to remain some sort of positive. And he really wasn't lying. He didn't expect any like the last few nights so 4 was more than he could've dreamed for.

"5. An old man, a practioner of the dark arts, a clown, a young priest... and a morning person...ick." the figure shifted in his chair. An alabaster hand came into view bathed in the warm orange. lt rested against his chin. He rubbed his chin along with his closely shaven beard.

"Quite the motley crew. l wonder if they'll even get to the castle... l hope so. This will be interesting."

The Old Road

Area Theme:

Spoiler

William knew the way to the way to the Old Road pretty well. After all, bandits were a constant issue and the ones that got bold would try and nick supplies from caravans all the time. William would need to send a few men to deal with them time and time again. He couldn't help but wonder how they were faring with Dracula's hoards running about. He knew some were certainly still alive, the rats were clever and resourceful. They'd not have managed back there all this time if they were fools. 

One could tell they were traversing more forgotten roads at this point as the wagon bucked and tossed on the terrible road. William wasn't bothered none. He used to be a rough rider after all, he'd dealt with worse terrain. As for those in the carriage? Who knew really. He turned to a young lad sitting next to him. Man about 20 named Tim. He held a crossbow in his lap, one that was much newer than Ol' Betsy. One that hadn't seen nearly as much battle. "Keep your eyes peeled lad. We could be set upon any moment." 

"Aye Sir."

After that it remained quiet for a long while. Too long. They trudged deeper into the forested Old Road, the deeper they got the more eerie it became. The air was nothing but tension as it hung silent. There wasn't even a peep from the typical nocturnal creatures. Not one owl hooting, no bugs chirping. Nothing. As if this place was dead. The only light came from the lanterns hung on the carriage. A few blazing lights against the dark of night. lt was all that protected them from it's inky black grip. The only source of comfort they had. the silence was made worse every time the wagon jolted, resulting in a loud crash. The lights would flail about causing their light to dance mad in the darkness. A dizzying and yet mystifying display. 

Two men laid in wait at the end of the road. They spoke back and forth under their breath as they heard the clear sound of a wagon approaching. One clad in full plate armour, that of a long forgotten crusader of the church, spoke first.

"For God's sake Dismas. We're going to die out here."

The second now spoke. He was much more practically dressed. He wore a long and worn duster for the trail, and a red scarf clung to his face. He held a small flintlock pistol in his hand, twirling the trigger guard around in finger in quite the display.
"Get it together Reynauld, we need to think."

"Aye, you're right friend. Apologies. A carriage approaches. You think it the minions of Dracula?"

"100% my friend. No fool would come through here 'cept that bastard's dogs. Especially via carriage. Let us ready the men. We'll need the archers to take out the driver or his aide and to take down the carriage. Hopefully they die in the crash."

"lf they truly are the minions of Dracula they will not. We must be prepared for battle." the crusader said drawing his sword. "l hope they've got some good stuff on 'em."

lt was much to late for William to react as Tim's warning never came. lnstead it came in the form of a crossbow bolt to the lad's right eye. Clearly, he wasn't surviving that one. Another thudded into the wagon's axle causing it to lock up and given William's attempts to serve, it caused the coach to tumble over on it's side. The lanterns were tossed from the sides shattering and sending flaming hot oil into the night. Fires burned.

There was time to get their feet and recollect themselves somewhat due to the dark. They'd not be set upon immediately. William himself pushed Tim's body off of himself. He kept low and tried to get to the carriage. He spoke in a low tone trying to be unheard by ones that attacked them from the shadows. He wasn't sure how close they were or or how many there were. "We're under attack. Be careful when ye get out. l'm not sure as to their intent. But it doesn't seem to be theft. They'd not have risked damaging our goods if they thought we were a trade caravan."

"So what, Dracula's goons already? I don't know who else would be attacking carriages without goin' for their things." Belinda had been tumbled about as the carriage had fallen over, but didn't particularly seem to be the worse for wear. "If only I had a shield. . . Everyone else, stay behind me anyway." She prepared to leap out of the fallen vehicle, using the door as cover from one direction. "Just tell me when you're all ready to go."

"Nothing good" was all Ole responded with as she got out of the Cabin, Scythe already in hand, it's blade gleaming faintly in the growing fire light. She'd been clutching the thing close to her ever since they'd gotten out the town gates- with the various monsters that had attacked the previous nights, it had gone without saying that they were probably going to run into trouble sooner or later.

And how right she was. Stranded in the middle of the road, a fire growing ever quicker nearby, and the rest of the world totally pitchblack despite the illumination the conflagration gave off. Lovely, simply lovely.

"Won't do us any good to stay here like sitting ducks, at the very least we should get away from the wreck- bloody thing is nothing but a beacon out here, and whoever's come to greet us can't be too far off..."

Groove heard the first bolt strike up front and felt the carriage suddenly halt, so the subsequent tipping of the carriage was not wholly unexpected. He had a couple moments to brace himself and was back on his feet in moments. He tugged the ornamental dagger from the sheath on the back of his belt, holding it in a reverse grip. The smell of burning tickled his nose and he realized that they didn't have time to wait for Belinda to lead the way. He quickly snatched up his lute, slinging it over his shoulder by the attached strap, and climbed out of the carriage, tapping the guardsman's shoulder as he went past her. "No time, just get out." He assumed that their attackers were coming from multiple directions, so it was useless to use the carriage as cover. With that in mind, he ran freely towards where William had been located. He saw the young driver sprawled on the ground next to the carriage, the man's crossbow half a foot away. Thinking it might come in handy, Groove snatched the weapon. It was heavier than it looked and a little awkward to carry in his off-hand, but he managed to get a handle on it. He then grouped back up with the others. "I'm with Ole, we're mincemeat if we stay here. Whatever we do, we need to do it quickly." He silently tossed out a prayer for safety, to die to bandits before th monsters even got to them would be a saddening end for their little expedition.

"My Goons? PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!! Those idiots? They couldn't tell their elbow from their ass..."

Groove was definitely wise to get them moving. Some rustling could be heard down the way. The ever so obvious sound of metal armour clanking about. They were close enough to be heard but probably still weren't quite in earshot yet if they kept their voices low. The number was still impossible to identify, but it was certainly a group of more than 3. They didn't seem all that well organized though as pale torch light poked in and out of the night in erratic places. All that were visible were situated in front of the carriage. They were taking their sweet time though, probably having decided their quarry was dead.

William grabbed Jess by the shoulder to more or less try and stabilize her. "Oi, focus and keep yer voice low. He got enemies afoot. Probably bandits due to the quarrels fired at us, but who knows for sure? Either way let's move off into the brush  here we might be able to take 'em by surprise." quickly he signalled to the others to follow.

{Groove recieves a new weapon! lt is added to his inventory. ((just use the stats of William's crossbow. lt'd be pretty much the same))}

Belinda nodded, and placed one finger before her mouth in an almost comical manner before hefting her maul a bit. "Right, go in stealthily, until we can see the whites of their eyes, and then. . .!" She clapped a hand over her own mouth, to avoid shouting CHARGE at the top of her lungs as she shuffled over towards William. 

Oleander followed after the others with scythe in hand, keeping her eyes on the encroaching darkness with every step. Slowly but surely, her scotopic vision was already kicking into play; so many years of moving and scouting under nothing but the nonexistent light of a new moon had its benefits, as did working with the very element of darkness itself. 

She muttered something under her breath as she crept, not even loud enough for the others to hear, but it did not matter, for whatever arcane forces she was beseeching certainly had, and were already preparing themselves. 

And prepared they would need to be indeed, if somehow their assailants still managed to get the drop on them...

Oleander seemed to know her way around dark places, so Groove intentionally slowed his pace to keep her ahead of him. Right now they knew nothing of what enemy threatened them, they needed to tread as carefully as possible. All of his senses were on high alert, seeking for any sign of an incoming attack.

The fear and anticipation ate at his mind. Groove knew this sensation far too well, it was the sensation that someone was about to die. He didn't want that someone to be himself or any of his companions, so he grabbed ahold of that fear and used it to sharpen his senses further. He couldn't erase it, so he did what he could to use it.

• 2 weeks later...

The ploy had worked. Overconfident in their abilities the motley band thought their prey dead from the crash. They assumed the man they shot, the driver. They saw no signs of life just the dead man. Luckily for our intreped heroes, the light from their lanterns played tricks on their eyes. Their eyes adjusted to the dark of night only saw the one man atop the carriage not the second. William held his hand out indicating to wait until he signaled. He held Ol' Betsy steadily in one hand pointing at the man in full plate of the church. He couldn't help but think to himself "Aren't you about three centuries too late for the Crusades?"

"Aren't you about three centuries too late for the Crusades?" so said the viewer of this scene as well. A questionable fashion choice indeed it seemed.

The archers were lollygagging... so the two men that came ahead got to talking. "Hmm, a lone man with all these goods on The Old Road. What a suicidal fool, but this stinks of trickery." Said the man in the overcoat. He looked like he'd been through a lot, like a dog chewed him up and spit him out. He covered most of his face with a old scarf. Perhaps he was handsome once in his life... but no longer. Further, he seemed to have an air of grief that hung around him. lt seemed almost... permeable. Like a cloud of loss hung around him. He seemed heavy with something unseen. Regardless, he was definitely skilled as a Highwayman. He'd done this before. His companion was hard to read, full plate wasn't the best at getting body language across. He seemed none to pleased however.

"Poppycock Dismas. You just want there to be a reason to cover your sin." He yelled muffled and disgruntled through his visor. His pale gold armour made him hard to take seriously as he looked like a knight out of some tale who was definitely trying to hard to be important. As if a chicken was fluffing it plumes trying to be a pheonix.

"Quiet Reynauld. What if there's still enemies about? And further, You talk a lot about sin for one who's willing to bloody his hands. l thought god's will was not to commit murder for any reason"

"You dare question me?! A CRUSADER!!?!?! A JUST WARRlOR OF GOD?! Heresy... HERESY!!! You're lucky we've a mission and l need your skills. We must kill the Lord Ţepeş, lt's my god given task! God bade me do his bidding! l shall see it through!"

{"Haven't heard that name in forever... this one really is stuck back in the Crusades. Someone should wake the poor lad from his fantasy... and put him to bed already."}

William sighed loudly at the scene... this Crusader already wearing his patience thin. "They probably aren't Dracula's men but l really just want that Templar to shut 'is yap... so excuse me folks." He said smiling, he wasn't happy. He loosed a bolt at the fool in the armour. That'd make a dent. Luckily, the straggling archers had caught up by now.

[Combat starts! The Hunters have the Upper Hand! They earn a full suite of actions before init is rolled!]

William fires a Quarrel from Ol' Betsy at Reynauld. Basic Attack Action.

Order of Action: SPEClAL Phase, Player Ambush. lnit scores not currently rolled.

Hunter Status:

Spoiler

William: | HP: Full | Stress: 0/100 | Status: Healthy|
Belinda: | HP: Full | Stress: 0/100 | Status: Healthy|
Groove: | HP: Full | Stress: 0/100 | Status: Healthy|
Jess:     | HP: Full | Stress: 0/100 | Status: Healthy|
Ole:      | HP: Full | Stress: 0/100 | Status: Healthy|

Enemy Status:

Spoiler

Reynauld: | Healthy | Sane | Healthy |
Dismas: | Healthy | Sane | Healthy |

Arbalest 1: | Healthy | Sane | Healthy |
Arbalest 2: | Healthy | Sane | Healthy |

{Well, let the show begin~ Don't keep me waiting too long little ones.~}

Belinda leapt out of the bushes, looking far too excited already. "Hey! You in the armor! Throw down with me, let's see if you can fight LIKE A REAL MAN!" She cocked her maul backward, preparing a massive overhead, two-handed strike with the weapon. 

Begin charging Hammer Down!

Ole sighed in a mixture of disgust and actual exasperation as she listened to the conversation. Scythe in one hand, congealed night in the other, she saw little point in just sitting back and watching, now that shots had been fired.

Not that she could really blame Will though.

"Oh, no excuse needed~" she responded to Will "Infact, please, allow me to soften him up for you. This bloody wanker is making me want to drive nails into my own ears...rusty nails, at that."

With that said, she muttered something under her breath, and the moment she finished a black aura blossomed into existence around the Templar...

Ole casts Enfeeble on Reynauld!

Jess rests a hand on her forehead at the sight of the crusader. "...A Crusader? Really? Honestly, your kind are the reason there are those that question the faith. Having a faith based on the threat of violence is the same as none at all."

After that, Jess clutched her cross close and muttered a prayer that they might make it through this with minimal harm.

God's Aegis.

Unlike the rest, Groove stayed silent as the group entered battle. Though hardly visible, his face was set in a solemn grimace. Determining that the crossbow's time of use was not now, he cast it aside as he leapt out to attack the armored crusader. His acrobatic movements were almost like a dance as he moved deftly around his foe. Just as he began to swing his weapon, he silently called a single word of prayer, causing it to glow a dull white. Since the knife was by no means sharp enough to pierce through the man's chintzy armor, Groove's attack was aimed towards the templar's armpit in the hopes of circumventing it. If one listened closely, they might hear faint notes of music following in the blade's wake.

Groove attempts to minstrelly shank Reynauld in the armpit with the Carved Rib of the Bonerdagon. Basic attack

William's Attack vs. Reynuald, [1 Piercing damage dealt!]
{Hmmm, the old man's crossbow has seen better days. The piece of driftwood can barely damage that armour. Can his companions do better l wonder?}

Belinda gets ready to let 'em have it! (Hammer Down charges!)

{That's gonna hurt, One order of crusader salsa please~}

Oleander's Enfeeble Curse triggers Reynauld's trait. "Mater Maria SHELTER ME!!!" He will defend with his faith instead. 
[8 vs 13] 

{lt seems our Crusader's faith protects him from black magic this time... lt'd almost be impressive, but... l don't give credit where credit isn't due.}

Jess summons the power of faith to shield her allies [+2 dmg resist for 3 turns]!

Groove attempts to get stabby and triggers Reynauld's trait, "Mater Maria SHELTER ME!!!" Reynauld's grit is only half effective against Holy Attacks! [2 Piercing Damage dealt!]
{Hmmm, some improvement. l'd rate that attack doubly effective as the last, lf there were some kind of scale of damage l could rate it on.}

The knight recovered after taking quite the whalloping, though none of it was all that damaging in truth. He only took minor damage from the scuffle, he was recovering from the shock more than anything else. He quickly started shouting which let them know he in fighting shape still. "HERETlCS ALL OF YOU!!! YOU DARE ATTACK A WARRlOR OF GOD?!?! YOU SHALL RUE THE DAY!" Dismas sighs loudly at this, clearly not wanting to really be involved. But he still picks up his arms, a pistol and small knife. The archers also ready their crossbows.

The enemy force is no longer flatfooted! Normal Combat shall proceed!

Turn Order:
William- 14

Groove- 13
Dismas- 12
Belinda- 10
Ole- 10

Jess- 9
Archer 2- 7
Reynauld- 5

Archer 1- 4

Hunter Status:

Spoiler

William: | HP: Full | Stress: 0/100 | Status: Aegis 3 turns|
Belinda: | HP: Full | Stress: 0/100 | Status: Aegis 3 turns|
Groove: | HP: Full | Stress: 0/100 | Status: Aegis 3 turns|
Jess:     | HP: Full | Stress: 0/100 | Status: Aegis 3 turns|
Ole:      | HP: Full | Stress: 0/100 | Status: Aegis 3 turns|

Enemy Status:

Spoiler

Reynauld: | Lightly lnjured {3 damage inflicted} | Sane | Healthy |

{Trait: Mater Maria SHELTER ME!: Reynauld uses his faith to resist any attacks and versus rolls involving Magecraft. However, his defense to attacks using Faith are only half as effective.}
Dismas: | Healthy | Sane | Healthy |

Archer 1: | Healthy | Sane | Healthy |
Archer 2: | Healthy | Sane | Healthy |

"You done yet? Really gettin' tired of yer yap already pal." William said, clearly not in the best of moods. He just started firing quarrels about everywhere with reckless abandon. He was evidently not a fan of the crusader and the man just pissed him off ever the more. 

William fires off a Wild Volley!

((as a heads up, please try and post moves in order of turn order so l can keep it tighter and the narrative makes more sense. l will reveal enemies moves on their turns as well in the same order as you.~))