[IC] Neon Exodus Evangelion Act 1 - Promised Land

Notus

Spoiler

Part 1 - Shattered Dreams

"So, this is the promised land then?"
"It´ll have to be."
 "Well... it looks really good, that´s for sure." 

The sunlight bathed the metal covered bridge of the Ark where the two people were standing. Beyond the glass of the huge window before them, a new Sun blessed a green world with the light of life. It was a bigger planet than Earth, they could now see, and with much more land than their original home. It´s predominant colour was that of forests and fields, though there were more than enough spots of blue for them not to worry about water. The yellow and reddish of deserts and the white of ice caps were also present, making for an environment as varied as they could hope.

Admiral Adalard Sauer allowed himself a smile on his usually stern face. It was true that they still had a lot of work to do, but a finding such as this was a relief after all that time searching. "Truly a blessing of God in the emptiness of space..." The big man completed in contemplation.
"There is no God." Answered the girl´s voice from before in an irritated tone, her familiar sillouette still hidden in the shadows. "And we´re better off this way, trust me."

Adalard sighed and looked down for a bit. "Right, you know more about that than me anyway. I´m just happy the search is over." His eyes took back their usual severe gaze as he walked to the command panel of the spaceship. He pressed some buttons on the complicated interface and then took a microphone connected to the ark´s speaker sistem.
"Attention all personnel of Ark-01 Noah, prepare for landing procedures and posterior Cryosleep release of the settlers on the surface of planet..." He stopped for a bit, thinking maybe Kepler 452b wasn´t such a good name for their new home. "...Canaan." He finally completed.

A giggle sounded behind him.
"Damn, you don´t look like it but you´re a hopeless romantic, Adalard. You should be a poet or a writer."

"Oh well. A man can dream sometimes, right Asuka?"

------------------------------------------------------------
 Awakening from Cryosleep was almost like waking up from a really long nap - just colder. After the individual cryo chambers opened, a trained member of Noah´s  medical staff checked the basic life signs of it´s occupant. After that they were divided into age groups and sent in line for a more complete medical analysis.
 A multitude of people, soldiers, doctors, scientists and workers were walking around and talking excitedly. Seemed like they had suceeded in finding a new habitable home. In that ship bustling with activity, in a line like many others at the doors of a doctor´s office, five children ended up meeting - a meeting that would, more than anything else, determine the fate of the whole exodus.

((Just as the post says, fate brings you together at the doctor´s door. Time for some presentations and some reencounters!))
Opening

Spoiler

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Satomi

Satomi was a bit disoriented, coming out of cryo. She'd known what to expect of course. But that hadn't really prepared her for it. She remembered when she'd stood there, staring at the cryopod that would hold her for... who the heck knows how long. That was certainly a thought, as she suited up (she was just glad they'd designed those jumpsuits - this would be a thousand times more awkward if they were naked). She'd be there for a hundred years at a generous guess. The maintenance people would walk around, right past her pod. Just one of thousands of ice sculptures. They might do maintenance on it, making sure that ice sculpture stays alive long after they pass on. At least she hoped they did, or she would never wake up. And if all went well, and she did wake, she'd be far, far away from the home she'd known all her life without much if any odds of seeing it again. It was... really rather frightening. But she watched her father get into his pod without hesitation, and she couldn't help but join him. Freezing cold was the last thing she felt.

An instant later, Satomi woke. Had something gone wrong with the pod? Would she be trapped in there until she died? Or would she get out, and have to live out her days on that ship - her father waking up, maybe to find her grandkid if she married? These thoughts went through her mind sluggishly as the cold seeped from her, and the pod opened. In her blurry vision a white figure approached. Oh, was she dead? What the heck had she done to go to heaven then? She felt it touch her, she heard some gibberish words. Could you speak Japanese (or English, or German. Just some language she understood), Mister or Miss Angel? Satomi wasn't even religious, but the iconography was familiar. 

As she exited the pod, the blur began to clear and she began to feel warmth as something was wrapped around her shoulders. The disorientation began to fade - not angels, medical staff. Alright then. Second hypothesis then... no, no. Father had said it would feel instantaneous. But it had been a long, long time since she'd entered that pod - these people were not the same medical staff who had left Earth. They went through a few basic tests - heart rate fine. Her eyes are tracking - hey, stay with me Miss Hashimoto - tracking fine. Reflex- that's a strong kick, good. 

She was already being shuffled into line by the time she thought to look for Father - but he'd already gone to the 50-60 year old group, her being grouped with other teens. She would need to find him later. She glanced around the line, seeing if she recognized anyone with her from NERV-03.

Edited by Twinwolf

There was a creaking noise, the muted sound of metal on well-greased metal, that sounded from a plate on top of the wall, and then a thump. Another creak, and then a louder thump that accompanied a bundle of hair, clothing, and grease popping out of said panel as it flew open, revealing its true nature as a maintenance hatch as one caught a brief glimpse of a darker tunnel behind it. The bundle in question rolled upon striking the floor and popped up onto its feet in what seemed to be a fairly practiced motion, allowing the group a better look at the person; dark hair cut close to the head, dark eyes that seemed to shine regardless, and an outfit whose grease-stain-to-cloth ratio was entirely too high. 

"Oh, hey guys! I'm not late for the appointment, am I?" The rather androgynous individual smiled broadly. "I'm Kyou, by the way. Though some people like to call me Crash." Mom and Dad had just said to go to the doctor's office. They hadn't said that Kyou needed to do something like take the normal corridors. . .

Walking up from cyrosleep wasn't the greatest thing to Beverly. She was cold, sluggish, her vision was blurry, she could barely walk with out stumbling for a few minutes and she had to deal with people again. Not the best awaking for her in the least. So her mood when a person decided to fall from the ceiling and make a racket wasn't the greatest.

Looking at the person and shaking her head she said "Looks like they didn't clean the place that good while we slept since rats are falling out of the vents." before closing her eyes and massaging her temples trying to get herself at least a bit awake as she waited in the line.

Edited by rustytengo

Ranga - a cold morning for the girl

A dreamless state, one devoid of even thought. A desire to breathe shook one silhuette awake, the chamber's door muffling the image through frozen glass. She shook as it opened and gasped for air the moment she could. How long has she slept? A scary thought, but a hope that she would be able to see his brother with some luck if they'd reached the planet soon enough.

A silly one, of course. The realization came with every step she took, each with less vigor and perkiness than the last. She was probably alone here now, yet it was difficult fathoming that through the drowziness that still overcame her. The coldness was there, everpresent on the inside as it was on the outside after the sleep.

She let the people lead her where she had to go-the doctor's. She didn't mind and couldn't protest regardless. The only thing she could do was hold the wrinkles on her suit as she throtted with the line of other sleepers.

------------------

Ranga jumped up when someone landed among them in front of the office. She glanced around at the people around her with some more clarity in her eyes before focusing on the greasy person, then at the girl commenting about rats. It confused her.

"U-uhm...I don't think this is a rat, m-miss."

Satomi blinks as the ... person of indeterminate gender as she arrives in unorthodox fashion on the scene. She... didn't recognize this person. Granted, she didn't have her glasses or even her contacts (don't want to risk anything extra in the pod), so that was to be expected really - most people were just colorful blobs, which she could only make out enough not to run into. So she just stared at this new colorful blob for a solid 5 seconds, before suddenly registering that she should talk. Her mouth worked for a bit to figure out how to talk again - it had been frozen for over a hundred years after all. She eventually found her words. "Konichi-" she paused, and switched to English. "Uh... hello, Kyou? I don't think you're late. We're waiting to get in."

Kyou's head twitched ever so slightly at the blonde girl's words. ". . . Okay! In the interest of being nice on the first day I'm gonna ignore that, ok?" It hurt more than a little bit, considering how long she'd been looking forward to this day, but she chalked it up to simple bad luck - or maybe the girl was cranky with cryo sickness. At the dark-haired young woman's stunted introduction, Kyou turned her head to face her. "Ohayō gozaimasu!" she said with a grin. "And thanks, I couldn't tell what time it was on the way here."

The last thing Ahmed remembered before he went inside of the cryosleep chamber was something about promising his brother that the first thing he would do upon waking up again would be to leap out of his cryosleep chamber with a cry of "ONWARDS! TO ADVENTUREEEEEEE!". But rather unfortunately when the time to wake up finally came he only managed to mumble out the words "I can't actually feel my legs" before collapsing onto the floor. It took a while before he could force his legs to lead him to the doctor's office, and he felt extremely embarrassed about every single time he had to wave off anyone trying to help him with a "No please don't, I'm fine". This would happen every single time he would fall after bumping into a wall or inexplicably losing control over his legs.

Ahmed unsteadily walked towards Kyou shortly after they introduced themselves, and he leaned in just close enough to comfortably offer them a handshake before he politely said "Hello, my name is Ahmed Albadhinjan". His eyes roamed all over Kyou for a very brief moment as he tried to think of a proper pronoun to use, and after the moment had passed he made damn sure that he had an extremely polite smile on his face when he continued with "And it is a pleasure to meet you Mr. Kyou". 

After introducing himself to Mr.(?) Kyou he would try to respect the man's personal space by taking a few uncertain steps back before he slowly turned in place to try and face everyone else in the group. He greeted everyone else with the same polite smile he gave to Kyou, and he waved his right hand at Satomi as excitedly as he could muster before saying "Oh hey! I didn't notice you before Satomi".

Edited by Cronos5010

Satomi still couldn't see very well, but her ears were working good enough. She squints the speaker - "Ahmed? That you? Sorry, from the sounds of it they forgot to mention my glasses in the medical records, so you're sorta just a colorful blob right now." she reached up and pushed at the bridge of her nose, a muscle-memory response that really doesn't do anything due to lacking glasses to adjust right now. "Could have at least got me some contacts... Anyway, Kyou. Glad to help- on the way here? I thought most of us woke up at the same time-"  she stopped. "Ooooooh... I think I see what you mean."

Kyou just giggled a bit at being referred to as "Mr." She didn't bother correcting him, simply returning the handshake with a firm grip - though probably leaving the slightest bit of grime behind on the boy's hand. "Good to see that not everyone's cranky. But yeah, I wasn't asleep with everyone else. I was actually born a couple decks away on the ship here. So I guess that technically makes me the youngest one here?" She shrugged. "I think there was a TV show about a kid that got frozen in an iceberg or something at one point, right? This is like, the opposite of that."

Beverly gave a side glance at the girl who said something to her. "It is if you think about it for a bit."she grumbled as she listened to the grease monkey talk to the others.

Hearing the grease monkey say that she was one of the people who weren't frozen caused her to let put a huff "So your saying that the medical staff are a bunch of idiots then? They would  have to be if there going to have someone who wasn't frozen and covered in grime be around use before the doctor gets to us." She grumbled as she leaned against the wall near her.

"Thanks, but I'm not disease ridden. I appreciate your concern though!" She offered up her brightest, broadest smile toward the sour girl. "I'm just worried about how healthy you're gonna feel if you keep going like that. Rats have nasty bites, you know. And they like to chew on garbage." Kyou continued the plastic grin throughout her little spiel. "Anyways, esm e shoma chist? You haven't introduced yourselves yet, and it'd be kinda weird to just call you 'Japanese girl' or 'green eyes,' you know?"

Ahmed made a cursory attempt to try and wipe away some of the grime on a nearby wall, and he smiled at the cranky woman before he said "I feel like you are worrying a bit too much, they might have sent her here to act as a guide". He took a few more steps backwards before he continued with. "And isn't the Arc supposed to be sterile?".

After saying that he shrugged his shoulders before he slowly turned to face Satomi again. "You won't need any help with not bumping into things right?".

Satomi closes her eyes and repeats that action where there should have been glasses. ...I really hope they can get me some glasses or something soon, nothing being there is going to drive me crazy... "...How about we just not start off like that, alright? Not so soon after waking up..." she turned to the gender-ambiguous blob and cleared her throat. "My name is Satomi Hashimoto. It's good to meet you, Kyou."

Then, to Ahmed, she shook her head. "I can make out shapes well enough not to walk into a wall. Probably."

Beverly smirked a little at the "Rat's" comment "Well they may have nasty bite,but their also to stupid to realize when they bite off more then they can chew." she said with small chuckle before continuing on "I'm Beverly not that it should really matter the doctor will probably call out our names once they where ready to see us." she said with a sigh. Anyone watching her would notice her moving her fingers in different patterns as she tried to get back her full range of movement with them.

Edited by rustytengo

"Last warning. Seriously. This isn't fun any more." She turned back to Satomi, trying to smooth the irritation from her face and voice - not that Satomi would be able to really tell with the former. "Az molaghat-e shomâ khosh vaghtam. Good to meet you, Satomi." Her brow furrowed, trying to commit names to memory. She wasn't liable to forget Beverley, and then there was Ahmed and Satomi. . . "And what about you?" she asked, turning toward the Saberface girl with blonde hair and green eyes. 

Ranga had smiled awkwardly at Beverly's comment, fidgeting with her fingers as she did so. It wasn't funny to make fun of people like that, but she also wouldn't protest against what someone else was doing. She looked at Kyou when she addressed her.

"M-my name is Ranga Durian." She answered with a surprised face. She wasn't expecting them to start interacting while waiting for the doctor....so her face dropped down and she looked at her feet. "Nice to meet you all..."

"Kyou Verethragna, because I never actually gave my last name. Good to meet you." She frowned again. Ranga Durian. . . the name sounded familiar, for some reason. "So, you guys already know each other? I guess you were in the same place before they put you on ice, then?"

Satomi nods. "Most of us lived at a facility called NERV-03 in Germany for a long time before the Arks launched. They had a school for the kids and teens, so most of us know each other from that." she says, gesturing to the others. "When we have time, by the way, could we talk? I have a bunch of questions about how life on the trip over was for the ones not in cryo. Assuming the scientists that were frozen don't run a bunch of tests on the crew to see any sort of differences in those born in space. Father's probably gonna be curious about that... well, so am I really. But that's besides the point."

Edited by Twinwolf

Ahmed continued to smile at everyone in the group for a while as he waited for Beverly to respond to what he had said earlier. After waiting for a good long while he shrugged his shoulders before slowly walking towards Ranga, and he offered her a handshake before saying "Well it is a pleasure to meet you Miss Durian.". He took a few steps back after saying that in an attempt to respect her personal space.

Kyou nods. "Yeah, we can definitely talk later. I dunno how helpful I'll actually be, though." She remembered something Ahmed had said earlier. "Oh, and no, I'm not a guide, sorry. And I'm not sure how much people will appreciate me showing you around, unless they want even more kids crawling around in the maintenance tunnels, heh." Returning her attention to Satomi, she asked another question. "By the way, you mentioned your dad. Guessing he's a scientist or something? I know there's a bunch of 'em frozen." 

"P-pleasure to meet you all too!" Ranga yelped as the boy offered her a handshake. She did aceept it, though, if only after a short bit of deliberation.

Speaking of, she kind of recalled seeing these two before at NERV's base. She never really talked to them or anything-she was younger, after all-but she knew she saw them. Ahmed and Satomi. Taking notice of Kyou's frown, she quivered in her pose and glanced away.

"Daisuke Hashimoto. . . That's another familiar name. I think Mom mentioned him at some point? Is he important? Like, more than usual?" Kyou noted Ranga's reaction at her frown. "I wasn't mad at you, just thinking. I'm pretty sure I had a great uncle with the last name Durian. Uncle Thumman, I think it was. 'Course I never knew him, so that's that." 

Ranga couldn't believe what Kyou was saying. Her eyes widened and her head dropped deeper, hair falling all over her face. She shook her head as she gripped the suit tighter than ever. When she brought her face back into view she bore a clumsy but convincing smile.

"I-I don't know anyone by that name. My family was dead before the Ark embarked and I was frozen alone." From her tone it wasn't clear she was lying and her behaviour was persistent-a good facade only slightly shaken by her immediate reaction to the news. Kyou might've been related to her, though...her young cryofrozen mind couldn't quite comprehend what that meant. Kyou probably messed up the names though too. "A-anyways I apologize for staring. I didn't mean anything wrong." Giving a polite nod of her head, she smiled a bit more.