Help with Charlotte

MuchoG

So i read that Charlotte was really hard in previous episodes and that she got nerfed but she is still pretty hard to beat. I went to battle blind and my team its not the best , i have a Mismagius, Torterra, Magneton, Clawitzer, Arcanine and Medicham. The Magneton and Torterra are useless so i need new team members. Anyone can help me with a strategy or pokemon that are good against her? Also i used Rain Dance in a battle but it did nothing, all the fire moves were super heated so i dont know if its a glitch or something.

• Global Mods

Rain is definitely a big help as it directly cuts the power of fire moves. The fire moves will still get a bonus from the superheated field which is the message you were seeing, but it will stop the field combusting, which would then give them an even larger boost, on top of activating things like blaze and flash fire, giving them an EVEN LARGER BOOST. Basically having rain is really helpful. I hear Heatproof Bronzong is available nearby and makes a good support pokemon for the fight. If you bought/rescued cyndaquil from the 7th street dealer, you can also use the slightly unorthodox method I used on my first run of sweeping her with Typhlosions Eruption will all of those afore-mentioned field boosts

3 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

you can also use the slightly unorthodox method I used on my first run of sweeping her with Typhlosions Eruption will all of those afore-mentioned field boosts

I did exactly this in my first playthrough as well. "Kill it with fire" got a whole new meaning.

Edit: I chose Cyndaquil as my starter, so I had access to Eruption quite early on.

Edited by Zargerth

I'd advise you to lead with a fast Pokémon that can learn rain Dance, such as Crobat, alongside any Pokémon that allows you to quickly KO her Typhlosion. This one is dangerous because it knows Grass moves. Once it's down, her first means of dealing with Water types is gone, so you can safely bring out Clawitzer to replace whichever of your mons died first.

After that, spam Water Pulse on everything. STAB'd, rain-improved, Megalauncher-boosted, item-boosted Water Pulse OHKOs all of her her team, even in the super-heated field. Just make sure to spam potions on Clawitzer using your other mon's turn. By the time the rain ends, you should have largely gained the upper hand.

4 minutes ago, Alistair said:

I'd advise you to lead with a fast Pokémon that can learn rain Dance, such as Crobat, alongside any Pokémon that allows you to quickly KO her Typhlosion. This one is dangerous because it knows Grass moves. Once it's down, her first means of dealing with Water types is gone, so you can safely bring out Clawitzer to replace whichever of your mons died first.

After that, spam Water Pulse on everything. STAB'd, rain-improved, Megalauncher-boosted, item-boosted Water Pulse OHKOs all of her her team, even in the super-heated field. Just make sure to spam potions on Clawitzer using your other mon's turn. By the time the rain ends, you should have largely gained the upper hand.

Mismagius is my fastest and its lvl 67 but is still slower than Darmanitan and Typhlosion, i probably need to get another mon to use Rain Dance. Im getting a Rhydon or Donphan to use instead of Magneton or/and Torterra and Clawitzer will destroy ahahah, thanks!

12 minutes ago, Zargerth said:

I did exactly this in my first playthrough as well. "Kill it with fire" got a whole new meaning.

Edit: I chose Cyndaquil as my starter, so I had access to Eruption quite early on.

I did not choose Cyndaquil and i did not get him in 7th street, but its a really good strategy, thanks!

15 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

Rain is definitely a big help as it directly cuts the power of fire moves. The fire moves will still get a bonus from the superheated field which is the message you were seeing, but it will stop the field combusting, which would then give them an even larger boost, on top of activating things like blaze and flash fire, giving them an EVEN LARGER BOOST. Basically having rain is really helpful. I hear Heatproof Bronzong is available nearby and makes a good support pokemon for the fight. If you bought/rescued cyndaquil from the 7th street dealer, you can also use the slightly unorthodox method I used on my first run of sweeping her with Typhlosions Eruption will all of those afore-mentioned field boosts

So the rain does something, i will surely have to use it then, i did not pick Cyndaquil and i did not get him in 7th street... and you cant go back after you get to the circus, it does not make a lot a sense. But i will find a way, thanks!

30 minutes ago, -IR- said:

sticky web / toxic spikes are super usefull, i can give you my shuckle if you want.

it has stealth rock and sticky web

Its a really goot strategy, thanks a lot for the Shuckle! But i think i will try to beat her with the tools the game gives me, but thanks anyway!

1 hour ago, HongaarseBeer said:

You might want to consider using Trick Room, depending on the speed of your team. I know Charlotte's team is rather fast, so this should give you a better chance

Its really fast, they all outspeed my Mismagius thats very fast. Maybe i will use Trick Room, thanks!

17 minutes ago, Zargerth said:

Iirc you can catch Sealeo in Ametrine Mountain as well. Walrein with Thick Fat might be a good addition too.

Its a really good option, with thick fat it will cause havoc on her team, thanks!

28 minutes ago, Pμrple said:

catch a rhydon and a donphan on route 2 , and train them around 65 , it should be easy win.

I have to replace Magneton and Torterra so those mons seem very good options, thanks!

I may be late to the Topic, but you can also try to use a Pokemon like Meowstic to Fake Out Typhlosion in the first turn. 

With a full Speed EV trained Vanilluxe or Mamoswine you should be able to remove the Field Effect entirely with Blizzard. 

When you do not want to spend the time for a full EV Training, then I would recommend the move "Surf" when the field got turned to a Burning Field (Water moves are not weakened at that point).

And anything with the ability "Flash Fire" (Chandelure, Arcanine, Rapidash, Typhlosion) can sweep the Gym Leader. 

Sweety, all you need is "Rain Dance" I was able to defeat 4 of her Pokemons with only Rain Dance Jellicent and a Cosmic Power/Minimize Clefable.

You get Rain Dance from doing missions in the Team Aqua Gang.

• 4 months later...

I'm having some trouble with Charlotte too......a lot actually.....here's my team:

Meowstic Female- level 68 (Light Screen user)

Ampharos- level 70 (has Rain Dance)

Golem- level 70 (Stealth Rock user)

Incineroar- level 68 (Intimate ability)

Pyukumuku- level 65 (has Rain Dance while holding Damp Rock)

Braviary- level 69 (Brave Bird user)

I'm on Episode 17, and I've been trying to beat Charlotte for over four hours and can't get past her Volcarona and Ninetales. I got Stealth Rock up and used Earthquake, but heat wave hits way too hard even with Rain Dance and Light Screen up. Her Volcarona also has Giga Drain to heal up stealth rock damage. My team isn't bulky enough to stand up against a double Heat Wave onslaught!! Please help!!

Edited by Soluna45

26 minutes ago, Soluna45 said:

I'm having some trouble with Charlotte too......a lot actually.....here's my team:

Meowstic - level 68 (Light Screen user)

I'm on Episode 17, and I've been trying to beat Charlotte for over four hours and can't get past her Volcarona and Ninetales. I got Stealth Rock up and used Earthquake, but heat wave hits way too hard even with Rain Dance and Light Screen up. Her Volcarona also has Giga Drain to heal up stealth rock damage. My team isn't bulky enough to stand up against a double Heat Wave onslaught!! Please help!!

I have heard that trick room + rock slide/earthquake spam destroys her team. If golem alone isn't enough other pokemon in the area that you can use for this strategy are boldore (caves in route 3, you need to evolve it to gigalith, rock slide at lvl 30, sand stream = boosts its spdef and it isn't x4 weak to grass), rhydon (route 2 and caves in route 3, if you have the protector to evolve it its attack becomes huge, but doesn't learn rock slide by lvl up, only earthquake), crustle (route 2, less attack than any of the other options but rock slide via lvl up, can be paired with gigalith once the trick room is set up and double rock slide should asure the win).

4 minutes ago, Soluna45 said:

Meowstic - level 68 (Light Screen user)

Your team has one simple problem:

Damage ~

It looks like you should change a lot of pokemon to make a more decent team,

First of all Pyumukku is an okay defensive pokemon, but his potential is very limited,if you can stall your opponents it is somehow viable but against Charlotte it is lacking what you expect from a water type pokemon,It can't hit back at all,very risky against Charlotte,

You crucially need a stronger water pokemon to beat her,(yes rain dance and stall is a good strategy but nothing you have can make a dent on her team),like Milotic,Blastoise,Vaporeon

You have to hit a little harder to bring her down,

Golem has no reliable recovery options that's why he is not good enough to be a wall,also his low special defense is a deadweight on you against Charlotte,which,as you've said her pokemon carries a lot of coverage,and Golem cannot hit hard,

Donphan is a lot better,if you can get Swampert it is even better,

Also Rhyperior is a lot more viable than Golem as a Stealth Rock user you can set Stealth Rock and then you can hit significantly harder with him,

And generally your team is very slow and need a lot of support,get rid of Ampharos,get a faster electric pokemon,such as Galvantula(also can set up sticky web) or Jolteon,

Your team has no wallbreaker reliable enough so,you have to change that,

You should have a stronger Psychic type,Gardevoir,Alakazam maybe Even Metagross,you can use Gardevoir as a support for your team,

Good luck ~

......I can't get Gardevoir because Ralts isn't obtainable......but I'll try the Gigalith strategy......sand up would help chip damage, plus the sand would make it really tanky.........ok I'll try getting a Gigalith :) 

9 minutes ago, Soluna45 said:

......I can't get Gardevoir because Ralts isn't obtainable......but I'll try the Gigalith strategy......sand up would help chip damage, plus the sand would make it really tanky.........ok I'll try getting a Gigalith :) 

I can give you almost any pokemon you want ~

Just now, Soluna45 said:

Can you give me a Sand Stream Gigalith or Boldore? They keep blowing up whenever I find one...... :( 

Are you sure that's what you want ?

Of course i can give you one,buuut i can give you Sand Stream Ttar too ~

Whatever you want sistar ~

Just now, Thundermaze said:

Just now, Thundermaze said:

Tyranitar would be good, I have a shiny Lycanroc if you want that for it? :) I leveled it up from a Rockruff in Route 2.

Just now, Soluna45 said:

Tyranitar would be good, I have a shiny Lycanroc if you want that for it? :) I leveled it up from a Rockruff in Route 2.

I don't need anything in return ~

Just give me what you want ~

I will breed him and train him for you,this could take a while,

What level do you want your Ttar ? ~

2 minutes ago, Soluna45 said:

Umm......60 please :) 

I'll have my Lycanroc named Peanutbutter waiting......how do I do this with this game again?

Go to your menu,choose Pokegear,choose online play then register,any id and password will do,then you'll see there is a trade option when you log in,pick wait for trade,and then voila !

I will let you know when your Ttar is ready,also i will give you a Gigalith too,use them both,and you should be good~

Edited by Thundermaze