Haru,,

• Developers

So, I just finished V9, it was kind of a cool story so far, but a major cliffhanger after announcing all the protagonists are going to be a part of the tourney is kind of disappointing. I'd honestly say lower the shiny odds a bit, I've found a lot of shinies tbh. Few bugs here and there, such as Blacksteeple Castle messing with the character sprite, some typos, etc. Also, in the past, why does Madame X care if we die? I mean I understand why Konan or whatever his name is is saved by Madame X, he's probably one of the 4 of the Dark Prophecy. Madame X should probably be replaced by Crescent in that one part. It's also a little disappointing how Nim/Lorna has no relation to the story as of V9. 

Now, a talk about the Gym Leaders and Level Cap. The Level Cap is extremely annoying, especially when your only flying type is a Swoobat to combat Crowli. And then you can't even overlevel to combat it ;-; And then it's annoying as hell when the Gym Leaders on Normal Mode have levels equal to level cap, with their weaknesses being restricted by the terrain, like the stupid Psychic terrain blocking all Dark-type moves. At least raise the level cap like 5 levels :/

• Global Mods
51 minutes ago, _Vipyr said:

So, I just finished V9, it was kind of a cool story so far, but a major cliffhanger after announcing all the protagonists are going to be a part of the tourney is kind of disappointing. I'd honestly say lower the shiny odds a bit, I've found a lot of shinies tbh. Few bugs here and there, such as Blacksteeple Castle messing with the character sprite, some typos, etc. Also, in the past, why does Madame X care if we die? I mean I understand why Konan or whatever his name is is saved by Madame X, he's probably one of the 4 of the Dark Prophecy. Madame X should probably be replaced by Crescent in that one part. It's also a little disappointing how Nim/Lorna has no relation to the story as of V9. 

Now, a talk about the Gym Leaders and Level Cap. The Level Cap is extremely annoying, especially when your only flying type is a Swoobat to combat Crowli. And then you can't even overlevel to combat it ;-; And then it's annoying as hell when the Gym Leaders on Normal Mode have levels equal to level cap, with their weaknesses being restricted by the terrain, like the stupid Psychic terrain blocking all Dark-type moves. At least raise the level cap like 5 levels :/

I mean, It's only a cliffhanger because of where the current version of the game ends, and I guess it also builds excitement for the next version. I somewhat doubt the tournament will actually be finished though, It'll likely be either interrupted, cancelled, or we won't be able to complete it due to being otherwise occupied. Kinda annoyed that the prize of the tournament makes it so obvious that the player has no change of winning, one way or another. The shiny rate is fairly high, but that's nice in some ways because a bunch of us worked on those custom shinies as a community so it's nice that they're seen more often, and it also increases the change of getting a shiny that you actually want to use on your team, without hunting for ages. most of the bugs should be fixed by the patch, but typos are sort of to be expected due to the sheer volume of text, and should be slowly ironed out over the course of subsequent versions. Pretty sure there's going to be a very good reason for Madame X wanting us alive, we just don't know why yet. I'm sure Nim will be significant again later, potentially in connection to April/Krystal/Alexandra, but for now I guess it makes sense that she's not around after what happened to her. The level cap is part of the challenge because it means that you cant just be overlevelled and bruteforce everything, but there are plenty of options against each leader and they're honestly not too bad, and without the fields you could just run through their teams with a single strong pokemon with type advantage. Not exactly trying to argue here (sorry if it comes across like that) but just sharing my own thoughts on each of the points you raised.

7 hours ago, _Vipyr said:

The level cap is the one and only reason rejuvenation is not completely broken.I have played other games where there are no level caps so you can basically use 3 pokemons to finish it.You just need to catch a high level pokemon or use a legendary pokemon which is handed to you for free.
The main problem is that some people are so used to using attacking pokemon that they don't even want to plan at least.I have seen teams where all the pokemons only have attacking moves.Not even a single bulk up or calm mind.This happens because usually their pokemons are overleveled in other games so they can use any move and get a easy win.

I mean why rely on 1 pokemon to sweep every team? Just an example,Crawli is the bug type gym leader.Use a crobat and 2 or 3 pokemons are easily KOed.2 of them are part water so use a electric type pokemon.Use any rock type pokemon with sturdy to KO yanmega.Only 3 pokemons needed for a clean win.

I recently finished rejuvenation V9 in normal while being 10 level under or more.Meaning all my pokemon were below level 65.

Why is so necessary to finish a game so quickly? There are many sidequest,event pokemons even a reserve gym leader you can fight.