New to RMXP/Essentials, desperately stuck!

ISNorden

I'm trying to create a new fangame using RMXP 1.05, Essentials 16.2, and Windows 10. So far the only change I've made is changing the title; but even that tiny tweak gave me a black screen and an error dialogue box when I tried playtesting.

========

Pokemon Lead Balloon

Exception: Errno::EACCES

Compiler:2706:in `save_data'

Compiler:2706:in `pbCompileAnimations'

Compiler:4133:in `pbCompileAllData'

Compiler:4219

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\isnor\Saved Games/Pokemon Lead Balloon/errorlog.txt.
Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.

OK

========

I own this computer and am the only person using it, so admin privileges should be on for me by default; why would they interfere with the animation data? (A virus probably isn't to blame, because my nightly system scan came back clean.) If you could please figure out what's causing the error and how to fix it, I would be extremely grateful.

P.S.  If you've already seen this message on another site, please excuse the multiple posting; I'm looking for help from as many users as possible.

29 minutes ago, Night Fighter said:

https://www.brooksnet.com/setup/firewallsetup-sp2.html

Did you try allowing RPG Maker XP or "Data/move2anim.dat" through firewall?

Unblocked RMXP {the firewall configuration allows doing that for apps, but not .dat files).  Still getting the same empty screen/error message (word for word).

Edited by ISNorden

On 8/17/2017 at 3:31 AM, Night Fighter said:

Since a data file was mentioned in the error message, I thought I'd give that a shot.  I searched Google first, to see whether Win10 used different instructions for disabling DEP (only a few differences exist).  The "essential Windows programs/services only" button was already chosen, so I switched to "all programs EXCEPT the ones I select" and added the RMXP/Pokémon Essentials apps to the list manually.  (The animation-maker couldn't be added because I've got a 64-bit system; my original error message refers to a file that the animation program must use.)  I was hoping that the errors would stop, but another test run gave me the same blank screen and dialogue box as before.

P.S.  Weirdly enough, I can turn on debugging from inside an existing game, if I have the script for it; I discovered that while playing Rejuvenation 9 with KisuoX's script.  But I can't debug from outside a game (which makes adding brand-new content impossible); I wonder what makes the difference?

14 hours ago, ISNorden said:

Since a data file was mentioned in the error message, I thought I'd give that a shot.  I searched Google first, to see whether Win10 used different instructions for disabling DEP (only a few differences exist).  The "essential Windows programs/services only" button was already chosen, so I switched to "all programs EXCEPT the ones I select" and added the RMXP/Pokémon Essentials apps to the list manually.  (The animation-maker couldn't be added because I've got a 64-bit system; my original error message refers to a file that the animation program must use.)  I was hoping that the errors would stop, but another test run gave me the same blank screen and dialogue box as before.

P.S.  Weirdly enough, I can turn on debugging from inside an existing game, if I have the script for it; I discovered that while playing Rejuvenation 9 with KisuoX's script.  But I can't debug from outside a game (which makes adding brand-new content impossible); I wonder what makes the difference?

Hm. I could only think of 4 options at the moment.

1) Check if Essentials 16.2 pack is complete in the RGSS folder (It is usually in connection with RPGXP).

(Example: Local Disk (C:) -> Program Files (x86) -> Common Files-> Enterbrain -> RGSS -> Standard (Copy/paste and add the missing contents))

2) Uninstall/Reinstall RPG Maker XP

3) Check if Windows XP (Service Pack 2) and Windows XP (Service Pack 3) is installed in your computer.

Source: https://rpgmaker.net/articles/1029/

4) Check if you pass compatibility requirements for RPG Maker XP.

Source: http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/products/programs/rpg-maker-xp

Hmmm...I've had Essentials in the RMXP program folder all this time; it's supposed to go somewhere else? I'll move Essentials and see if that helps.  (I'll also turn on compatibility settings for XP/Service Pack 3, since I'm running Windows 10.)

Edited by ISNorden

1 hour ago, ISNorden said:

Hmmm... I've had Essentials in the RMXP program folder all this time; it's supposed to go somewhere else? I'll move Essentials and see if that helps.

Well, there are two places. I create and save my projects at Documents -> RPGXP -> [insert whatever project here].

Then I add, update or replace the content in the RGSS folder whenever something's not working such as pokemon cries.

No need to move anything. Just add files to your RGSS folder in Local Disk (C:), then go back to RPG Maker XP, open project and test to see if it works.