Notus

Banner

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg.5a862f9a5dc425a557ab75ba0254fc10.jpg

Theme

Spoiler

Setting

Spoiler

Year 150 of the New Human Era (2166 of the Old Calendar)

Humanity as we know it was barely able to survive the Third Impact, a worldwide cataclism brought by the organization NERV just after the end of a life-or-death fight against an alien life-form known as the "Angels". Planet Earth was turned into a barren land with almost no life forms to speak of, contamined soil and red seas - the planet will have to start life and evolution from scratch, and that will take too long for the remaining humans to wait.

Even now, one and a half century after the End of the World happened, nobody knows for sure what transpired during the Tokyo 3 tragedy that almost ended all life in the planet. What is known for sure is that humanity must leave it´s homeland if they wish to live.

It´s last resources where used up in the last fifteen decades by the very few survivors of the cataclism to make a new start. The remnants of the UN forces, along with the last surviving NERV center in Germany, pieced together what they could of the technology from before in order to put a last effort on humanity´s survival: building arcs to search for a new home for human race amidst the darkness of space. The new authority leaded the efforts to gather what little was left from humanity scattered across the globe and created a militarized society with focus on survival and growth of mankind, as well as in the recovery of lost tech and the building of the five arcs.

Finally the arcs were readied, and the last few thousand living humans embarked for what would be the first - and perhaps the last - migration of the new human era.
Exodus had begun.

Sooo I thought I wouldn´t get around to hosting anything again for a while, but while doing some procrastination on class I was hit by an old idea of mine: an Evangelion based RP. So I started thinking a bit, the story started to unfold in my head and now I find myself presenting the idea to you guys.

Neon Exodus Evangelion is set more than 150 years after the events of Neon Genesis Evangelion and The End of Evangelion. I´ll not take the Rebuild version of the story into account, seeing as it is not over yet, but some elements introduced on it may appear. Even though not in the same circumstances as the original story, we will be seeing EVAs, Angels, epic fights and deep rooted secrets and plotting behind the scenes - hopefully, everything that made Evangelion the sucess it was.

Players will take place of the space pioneers aboard one of the arcs, after a new inhabitable planet has been discovered by it´s systems. As you land and start exploring your new home, the story will unveil with old and new foes trying to stand in your way.

Although knowledge of the original story is certainly helpful, I´ll try to make it so people that haven´t watched the anime can hop in and play without worry. Though if that´s your case you should be prepared for spoilers!

It´s important to notice that, since it´s such a controversial story and - specially by the ending - many of the details aren´t very well explained, the RP will follow my undestandment of what happened in the original series (heavily backed up by EVA Geeks, a sort of Evangelion Wiki).

MECHANICS AND RULES
 This will be a free-form RP - meaning no numbers, dice roling etc. We will focus solely in the writing aspect, and battle outcomes will be ultimately decided by the host, should any doubts arise in this point.

As for rules, first and foremost comes respect for other players and the host (we´re here to have fun, right?). I will also ask for restraint with the use of swearing, sexual content and gore/violence (a bit more freedom than usual with the last one since, well, this is Evangelion). Avoid taking those over the top ok?

Bunnying (playing other peoples charaters without consent) is out of the question, as is playing your character based on your OOC knowledge. They should react based on what they know, not what their player know´s, about what is going on. 

Avoid making your character too Mary-Sueish for the sake of fun and character development.

Have fun!

World Information (May contain Neon Genesis Evangelion spoilers for those who didn´t watch the show)

Spoiler

This is what the characters would know about the previous events that led the world to meet it´s end:
-Asuka, Shinji and Rei´s fighting against the Angels is well known, (though not in detail, only that they tried to save mankind with the EVAs), and Ikari Gendo was blamed for causing the Third Impact out of madness and hatred towards his own kind - at least in the oficial records. The assault at NERV headquarters was covered up as a failed attempt to stop Gendo.
-EVA research and construction was banished (at least oficially) right after the Third Impact.
-The Arks - and  the NERV-03 government before the start of Exodus - have a militarized society led by the Ark Captain and officers. Most adults work in either research, maintenance, or the military itself.
-Most of the Arks´ crew and passengers were kept in Cryosleep for the journey, except for the minimun necessary for maintaining the space ships.

Discord Server

Character Sheet

Spoiler

Player Name:

Character Name:

Appearance:

Personality:

Backstory: (You may send this to me via PM instead, if you want to.)

Family: (Living or dead, the most important members.)

Accepted Characters
Kyou Verethragna - King Murdoc
Ahmed Albadhinjan IIII - Cronos5010
 Beverly Connors - rustytengo
Satomi Hashimoto - Twinwolf
Ranga Durian - Bfroger6

Spoiler

Ranga_Notus_commission.thumb.jpg.7a08ab557491fda724f9aa082519328d.jpg

Ranga Durian, by Danii. 

www.patreon.com/dannimee/overview

Key NPCs (Revealed)

Asuka Langley Soryu (EVA Pilot)

Spoiler

263917.jpg.0bbff576817fcc58ce62546c23c9c090.jpg

Shinji Ikari (?)

Spoiler

06bb1eb03974d1cec61d3e9a6b170775--evangelion-shinji-neon-genesis-evangelion.thumb.jpg.9c501488e792f9eb101197f942bba1e8.jpg

Rei Ayanami(?)

Spoiler

344265_1261294252047_full.jpg.904e722f9c7e21e6cb849757c245d45f.jpg

Admiral Adalard Sauer (Ark Commander)

Dr. Daisuke Hashimoto (Head of EVA Research)

Dr. Alma Neummann (Head of Medical Department)

I have too many games but have been wanting an NGE game for a long time sooooo very much yes

Question: will this be a free-form type thing or is there going to be some sort of solid system?

Edited by Twinwolf

@Twinwolf, I intend to make it a free-form RP, since I´m more confortable with that format and also think that it provides a better reading experience afterwards. 

Sooo that´s enough interest for me to start moving things. Expect the OOC to be up by tomorrow night at most, and thanks for joining in!

Hehehe, being Shinji level would require a masters degree of annoyance.
Anyway, just edited the OP to include the character sheet model, so you guys can start working on yours! Later on I´ll add the NPCs and other stuff that I feel it´s important to keep track of. I plan on starting the game by next Thursday if it´s okay with you all.

Oh dear, your character sheet includes the option of having dead family members......well either way I am going to be the KNIGHTLY DON QUIXOTE TYPE because the series had cross shaped explosions or something.

Also the following meme is possibly related to Shinji.

297pN6Y_d.jpg.0a33ad566c149db5f71dd0770fbfb89a.jpg

I'll make a first draft sometime tonight probably.

Oh, sure thing Murdoc, I´ll set it up soon and include it in the OP. Thanks for the offer, but I really need to start discovering how to make those things in Discord 

Kyou Verethragna

Player Name: King Murdoc 
Character Name: Kyou "Crash" Verethragna / ブレスラグナ 協 

Appearance: Kyou is a quite androgynous-looking (if not outright boyish) girl with a slightly darker skin tone than the ones of the numerous German-descended people around her. Her hair and eyes are both dark; the former is cut to a little past ear length, and largely left to its own devices; it can be combed straight without too much issue, but does tend to curl slightly. The latter, despite their dark brown coloration, are usually bright with curiosity, enthusiasm. . . and a little bit of nervousness in many situations. Kyou is very nearly exactly average height, and her frame is best described as wiry. She carries a small scar over her right eyebrow from an incident in her childhood. When not confined to a plugsuit, she prefers loose-fitting jeans, a t-shirt, and a work shirt overtop that. She almost always has a grease stain somewhere on her.

Personality: A gregarious individual, Kyou deeply enjoys meeting and befriending new people - though she tends to feel somewhat overwhelmed around larger groups. She's also quite mechanically inclined, both enjoying working with machines and quite good at it. Easily startled and an anxious individual overall, however Kyou is quite good at covering this and leaning on friends for support - and not necessarily with said friends being aware of such. A bit naive. 

Backstory: A girl(?) rather lacking in the symptoms of cryosleep and oddly familiar with the ship's inner workings. (Backstory being sent via PM.)

Family: Father, Arash, 43. Mother, Junko, 46. Younger brother, Sam, 10. 

Work in progress character sheet for Mr. Ahmed Eggplant

Player Name: Cronos5010/Hatchetman
Character Name: Mr. Ahmed Albadhinjan IIII

Appearance: A tall young man with a sturdy looking appearance. His face appears to be slightly more feminine than you would expect it to be with his thin eyebrows and smooth forehead, and his dark brown eyes seem open and inviting. His curly black hair is trimmed every week to keep it short, and the man makes sure to keep it as neat as possible. His light brown skin tone, his general appearance and name suggest that he is of Arabic descent. 

Personality: An outgoing young man with a romantic view of the world and a constantly chivalrous behavior that makes him seem quite quixotic. His passion for stories about gallant knights and the most highly regarded work of Miguel De Cervantes Saavedra "Don Quixote" and the musical "Man of La Mancha" can be safely assumed to have something to do with why he practices Historical European Martial Arts and fencing and why he seems to act like a highly idealized Knight. His greatest flaw is how he can be quite reckless, presumably out of some need to prove his masculinity.

Evangelion 18 Description: A larger than usual Evangelion with a humanoid frame that is supported by two powerful looking legs that end in clawed feet, it's appearance is dominated by a wing like metallic framework jutting out of it's back that seems to be nothing but a particularly odd modification to the shoulder restraints. Although with the EVA's mysterious past it might have been a fully fledged flight module if it's creators could have been bothered to properly build and maintain the damn thing.

The bulky body of the Evangelion sports a savage looking head that has the entirety of it's top half covered by what appears to be an oddly ornate combination of a shaving basin and a sallet with two holes poked on the top to make room for the EVA's forward facing bull horns. The lower half of the head is dominated by an uncovered and reptilian mouth with seemingly several thousand needle shaped teeth inside of it, the way the jaw is shaped makes the mecha seem like it is constantly smiling, which can be a bit unnerving. 

The entirety of the Evangelion is covered by what appears to be a suit of heavily rusted plate armor, although several parts of it still has some unblemished streaks of silver. The five fingered hands of the Evangelion is rarely seen without its heavy gauntlets, or the weapons that were attached to said gauntlets by a chain wrapped around the weapon and welded directly to the gauntlets themselves.

The powerful legs of the Evangelion are mounted on it's heavily armored hips and they are are surprisingly agile despite it's appearance. The clawed feet of the Evangelion can be used as a weapon, although it is only as effective as you would expect it to be.

But otherwise the Evangelion looks a lot like what you would expect it to look like, although an observer might find the fact that it seems to be able to see perfectly without the presence of a visible eye to be disturbing.

Backstory: A man hailing from NERV-03 who posses a strong sense of chivalry and idealism! (You may send this to me via PM instead, if you want to.)

Family: Mr. Ahmed Albadhinjan II (Father/Missing, presumed dead) 42, Mrs. Suraya Rayja Albadhinjan 40 (Mother/Disabled), Ahmed Albadhinjan III (Younger brother/Distraught) 9, Atiya Aaliyah Albadhinjan (Older sister/Distraught) 20

Spoiler

Player Name: rustytengo

Character Name: Beverly Connors 

Appearance: a tall young lady with long and wavy strawberry blond hair and grey eyes. she has light skin and a pretty face if not for the perpetual scowl on it. Normally wears a black and blue mini skirt , a white shirt with a short denim jacket, black stockings and pair of blue tennis shoes. 

Personality: Beverly is abrasive to say the least and seems to have a complete disdain for people in general. she speaks her mind and doesn't mince words and doesn't care if she hurts someones feelings with them.  This also causes her to be very critical of herself if she isn't able to match her standards for something she can become rather unreasonable for awhile.

Backstory: (You may send this to me via PM instead, if you want to.)

Family:Father Roy Connors dead, Mother Susanna Connors dead, Older Brother Craig Connors (dead to her) 26

Edited by rustytengo

Player Name: Bfroger6

Character Name: Ranga Durian

Appearance: A young girl, about 1.4 m of height, her skin dark but her eyes a piercing shade of green. With braids forming a crown and joined together at the back of her head with a pastel green ribbon, her vibrant blonde mess of a hair is tied so as to only reach nigh beyond her ears and into a cascade down the back of her neck, forming a fluffy look around her high forehead. She dresses in modest outfits, opting towards the soft tones of greenery.

Personality: A shy and reserved girl. She prefers the company of others yet quivers at the notion of someone notioning her presence, therefore always keeping her input to a minimum in social situations. As a result, she has a lot of excess energy that goes to naught, lacking a set direction without a guiding hand.

Backstory: /

Family: Duran Durian (Father, 51, deceased), Rienna Durian (Mother, 43, deceased), Sinna Durian (Sister, 25, deceased), Thumman Durian (Brother, 21 at the time of launch, never entered cryosleep)

Sheet!

Spoiler

Player Name: Twinwolf

Character Name: Satomi Hashimoto

Appearance: Satomi is a shorter girl, only 5’2 inches and around 102lbs. She has straight, shoulder length black hair (meticulously brushed) that she puts back in a ponytail when she expects to be doing something strenuous, and honey colored eyes behind her thin glasses (she has contacts, but finds them a pain to put in so she usually doesn't). She has distinctly Japanese features and pale skin, as befits her heritage, and is quite pretty to boot. In terms of figure, she's fairly late into puberty, if not past the physical parts - she's got a fairly attractive figure, including a pair of rather large breasts. For the most part, her posture and mannerisms convey a seriousness rather at odds with her young age, when she's not nervous over one of any number of things.

Personality: There’s a few words that could be used to describe Satomi. Intelligent is one, as may be expected with her father. Meticulous is another - although others might be quick to throw out neurotic or some OCD, as she tends to prefer when things are all in their proper order and begins to get nervous when they are not. She’s also rather self conscious. There are expectations on her, and she is aware of them. Maybe too aware.

Backstory: (Putting part of it here - other stuff is private!)

Satomi is the daughter of Doctor Daisuke Hashimoto, the Science Director of the Ark Program. She's quite a smart kid, as one may expect from such parentage, although... not the greatest at friend-ing. Not for lack of trying. Still, she's hopeful for the future, for a new start. Let's see how this goes, shall we?

Family:

Father - Doctor Daisuke Hashimoto

Mother (Died before embarking on the arc) - Maizono Hashimoto

Satomi and Ranga accepted! Due to player requests and having reached a good player count I´m closing sign-ups and starting the IC thread tonight!