The "Vaccinations"

ShadeStrider

I've been playing Way too much Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. Not as good as Snake Eater and Sons of Liberty, but still really good.

They gave us a Vaccination when we entered Grand Dream City. Supposedly to keep out bad viruses. I call Bullcrap on that. If you have also played MGS4, than you probably know where I am going with this.

They say that the Procedure started when Cassandra was elected into office. I think I know why.

They are aren't Vaccinations, but tracking devices. They are there to monitor each Citizen's position within the city. Like "Nanomachines", except much less helpful. Different colors? Cassandra most likely did that to distinguish those who might be threats (or extremely Important to Madame X, since it is established that Cassandra and Madame X know each other) from those who would count as ordinary Citizens. Kanon and Venam were given the "Generic" Purple Vaccination, But Melia and the MC end up getting Golden and Red, respectively. Why is that?

Discuss. This speculation needs a lot more work.

EDIT: Flora must have taken the vaccination at one point. This would mean that Cassandra would have been Monitoring Flora, and other GDC citizens that became Bladestar members. She probably played them from the very beginning. As for why she didn't expose them immediately, Arresting Flora would have made her look suspicious. Or she could have considered them nothing more than a nuisance. 

Edited by ShadeStrider

I found that procedure suspicious from the beggining, but I didn't consider the possibility of the vaccinations being tracking devices. It makes sense, especially considering the different colors. I believe that the color red means that the person is a threat, and the golden was probably designed to track the most important person, as in, the one they want to capture. I don't have much more to say about that, for now, at least.

As much as i like this idea, I'm also not 100% on it. The reason? The mother from the haircut help request at the beginning of the game. The way she talks about Cassandra is almost as though Cassandra doesn't even know they are there? although she might still, idk.

Yeah, I was thinking about it a bit when it came up in the game. I think they're used as some monitoring or maybe control thing. It would explain why Cassandra knew about the location of the corruption (hence also already knowing about Flora being in Bladestar).

It's probably another Team Xen antic plot, seeing how Melia got a very special vaccination and how much they want to capture her. Not sure about the player, and I don't know about the purple vaccines either. 

Maybe it has to do with that moment with Isha when you're crossing the bridge. No idea what that was either :P

• Global Mods

Yea I dunno about what they're for (tracking, some kind of sleeper weapon/control thing or something mind-affecting because there are kinda hints about the city being too perfect at times). Purple definitely seems like the generic one and Gold is a special one for Melia, but I'm not sure about the red one. We got the red one because "it's the one we got before" I.E when Comet was disguised as us. Pretty sure Cosmia and Comet are with Team Xen, so the question is, was the red vaccine intended for us, and Comet got it too, or was the red vaccine intended for Comet (and other Xen affiliates?) and we got it too due to the mixup?

3 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

Pretty sure Cosmia and Comet are with Team Xen, so the question is, was the red vaccine intended for us, and Comet got it too, or was the red vaccine intended for Comet (and other Xen affiliates?) and we got it too due to the mixup?

Oh god, I can see it already. Everyone-gets-kidnapped™ and we're immune thanks to the vaccine so we have to save everyone...

What's up with kidnapping in Reborn and Rejuvenation?

15 hours ago, FairFamily said:

I was suspicious of it at first but I was thinking along the lines of a trigger based virus/poison. Depending on the trigger, one type of virus/poison would be activated depending or the virsus/poison would have diffirent effects.

Yup. Definitely like Nanomachines, Son.

12 hours ago, Swampellow said:

As much as i like this idea, I'm also not 100% on it. The reason? The mother from the haircut help request at the beginning of the game. The way she talks about Cassandra is almost as though Cassandra doesn't even know they are there? although she might still, idk.

You think that would have make Cassandra look suspicious? Plus, I bet that to Cassandra, Giving Free Haircuts matters little in the grand scheme of things.

11 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

Yea I dunno about what they're for (tracking, some kind of sleeper weapon/control thing or something mind-affecting because there are kinda hints about the city being too perfect at times). Purple definitely seems like the generic one and Gold is a special one for Melia, but I'm not sure about the red one. We got the red one because "it's the one we got before" I.E when Comet was disguised as us. Pretty sure Cosmia and Comet are with Team Xen, so the question is, was the red vaccine intended for us, and Comet got it too, or was the red vaccine intended for Comet (and other Xen affiliates?) and we got it too due to the mixup?

It could be either. Maybe both of us were meant to receive the Red Vaccine, and it really wasn't a mixup.