Daycare without lvl-up

godjoseph

Basically, im breeding a pokemon with an egg move and it is so annoying that it forgets it because he lvl up in the daycare. So, please could you think of adding a daycare like in sun and moon where pokemon don't lvl-up or replacing the one in sheridan or GDC for one like that. Thank you in advance.

Edited by godjoseph

My idea for the day care system is that you the player, not the day care lady, would determine what move(s) your pokemon get after leveling up in day care. This would be determined at the point in which you pay the day care lady and take your pokemon back. For example,

--> Your (insert pokemon here)'s level has grown by 12. If you take it back now, it will cost you $1300. Would you like to take it back? YES/NO.

after selecting YES, the day care lady would say:

--> Fine. Here's your pokemon. It seems to have learned a new move(s).

This would then take you to the screen that you usually see when your pokemon levels up and learns a new move. The next sequence would simply take you through all the new moves your pokemon learned by level up while in day care. After going through all the moves, the day care lady would simply close the text dialogue with her usual:

--> Come again. 

Tada. Your pokemon is back in your party and you don't have to worry about the day care people having overwritten your pokemons' most integral moves.

The only problem is I don't know how to code that.

10 minutes ago, Octavius said:

My idea for the day care system is that you the player, not the day care lady, would determine what move(s) your pokemon get after leveling up in day care. This would be determined at the point in which you pay the day care lady and take your pokemon back. For example,

--> Your (insert pokemon here)'s level has grown by 12. If you take it back now, it will cost you $1300. Would you like to take it back? YES/NO.

after selecting YES, the day care lady would say:

--> Fine. Here's your pokemon. It seems to have learned a new move(s).

This would then take you to the screen that you usually see when your pokemon levels up and learns a new move. The next sequence would simply take you through all the new moves your pokemon learned by level up while in day care. After going through all the moves, the day care lady would simply close the text dialogue with her usual:

--> Come again. 

Tada. Your pokemon is back in your party and you don't have to worry about the day care people having overwritten your pokemons' most integral moves.

The only problem is I don't know how to code that.

Definitely sounds like an interesting concept at the very least.  Not sure how much coding that would involve in either game, though that would at least make an interesting mod (since both Reborn and Rejuv seem to mostly be sticking to canon mechanics for some thing----though this would beat the canon system for the level up daycare).

@Amethyst @Marcello @Jan  One of them would know more if this was possible in either game's code (without causing numerous other issues), on the off chance someone is interested in writing code for this.

Man, YES! This is so the wave! I love that idea, Octavius! I wish I could hype this up so that it gets noticed.

I've already bred 5 Pokemon already (6 if counting phantump) and I'm planning on breeding an electivire, but I'm not too keen on how tedious breeding is,

especially when I'm not in a place, gameplay-wise, where I can farm heart scales and have to start over with Lvl 1 breedjects. 

• Administrators

if nothing else we'd probably want to make it so that it just always produces eggs with the moves it was deposited with
i think that's how it was in... 6th gen? maybe? but yeah it can definitely be improved from where it is right now, can't promise that's something that'll happen soon tho