Fatal Game Flaw Infinite Loop and locked in dimensional rift

Basically I'm fighting the Dimensional rift gyarados and it is literally impossible to beat with my current team. The battle goes as follows: I click literally any attack -> the gyarados outspeeds every one of my pokes -> 6 earthquakes -> crushing defeat. FeelsBad.jpg.  Normally I could just take that L and go catch some other Pokémon or train or something, but lucky for me the game locks my sorry tail in the dimensional rift so the only option I have is to battle the gyarados until I beat it. Since there's no way to leave until I win and DEFINITELY no way to win, I honestly have no idea what to do. I guess my journey is over?

Is there anyone who can help me out on that one? I have no idea what to do. It's basically just me standing against a brick wall at this point, which is even less exciting than it sounds. Requesting assistance ❤️

8 minutes ago, TheInnerBeast said:

Basically I'm fighting the Dimensional rift gyarados and it is literally impossible to beat with my current team. The battle goes as follows: I click literally any attack -> the gyarados outspeeds every one of my pokes -> 6 earthquakes -> crushing defeat. FeelsBad.jpg.  Normally I could just take that L and go catch some other Pokémon or train or something, but lucky for me the game locks my sorry tail in the dimensional rift so the only option I have is to battle the gyarados until I beat it. Since there's no way to leave until I win and DEFINITELY no way to win, I honestly have no idea what to do. I guess my journey is over?

Is there anyone who can help me out on that one? I have no idea what to do. It's basically just me standing against a brick wall at this point, which is even less exciting than it sounds. Requesting assistance ❤️

This is supposed to be one of the 'Unwinnable' battles (though it apparently got nerfed hard since I beat it in about 10 resets).  If what I've heard is right, the cutscene should still play afterward even if you lose.  

Edited by seki108

26 minutes ago, seki108 said:

"This is supposed to be one of the 'Unwinnable' battles"

It's definitely supposed to be beatable. I know that for 2 reasons: 1, I have tried just losing a bunch of times and it just throws you back in the ring again with the gyarados for another round. 2, Shofu (a popular youtuber playing this game) posted a video 2 weeks ago on his playthrough of him beating the gyarados. Sadly, I'm not going very far unless I beat that behemoth.

2017-08-13.png

37 minutes ago, TheInnerBeast said:

It's definitely supposed to be beatable. I know that for 2 reasons: 1, I have tried just losing a bunch of times and it just throws you back in the ring again with the gyarados for another round

I just heard it was once like this; I've only done one playthrough, so all the stuff before V9 is unknown to me

37 minutes ago, TheInnerBeast said:

2, Shofu (a popular youtuber playing this game) posted a video 2 weeks ago on his playthrough of him beating the gyarados. Sadly, I'm not going very far unless I beat that behemoth.

I mean, I said in my comment I beat it, so I never said it was literally unbeatable.  I think I used Pachurisu to Paralyze it with Nuzzle, then weaken it off with a Sonicboom from Voltorb, then finished it off with a Rock type attack from my Rockruff (though it took a few resets for the RNG to work out).

Edited by seki108

55 minutes ago, TheInnerBeast said:

I downloaded that patch before I started the game, but apparently I didn't put it in the right spot. Where do I put this?

The three (?) folders from the unzipped patch should be put in the folder where the launcher is.  They will replace the folders of the same name that should already be there (Graphics, Data, and ?).

Also keep in mind that in the case you get stuck, the game automatically creates save files, so you can use a slightly older save file to solve the problem :) (you have to look up Saved Games --> Pokemon Rejuvenation, then change the designated file to Game.rxdata)