What if Venam was harder?

Hycrox

So I've noticed while doing my playthrough with Marshtomp, Woobat and Geodude at level 20 that Venam seems a tad too easy. I mean, she wasn't even challenging. It's almost like my team was completely stacked against poison. So I'm making a more balanced Venam squad!

The field is corrosive mist field, but with the following upgrades:

Spoiler

-iT heals all poison-type pokemon by 1/8th of their Health

-badly poIsons all non-poison typeS. Even Steel- types

-It can't be removed from the field

-it booSts the damage of all Fire -type attAcks to 4x

-it boosts the damage of all Poison -type attacks to 2x

-it boosts the damage of the following attacks to 1.5x:

-Judgement, dark pulse, extrasensory, dragon Rush

-it reduces the damage Of ground-type attacKs to 0.66x

-it reduces the damage of steEl-type attacks to 0.75x

So here's the team:

Lv 18 Mareanie

Eviolite

Ability: Merciless

Modest nature

252 HP/252 SpA/4 Spe

-Recover

-Scald

-Venoshock

-Hidden Power Ground

So Mareanie is the lead. Thanks to Eviolite, it is very bulky, and Merciless activates against everything that's not a poison-type, so it hits pretty hard. Recover helps it stay healthy, Scald and Venoshock are its stabs, with Venoshock getting a field boost AND a boost against poisoned opponents on top of Merciless, and Hidden Power Ground is just for coverage against other poison types.

Lv 19 Salandit

Life Orb

Ability: Corrosive

Timid Nature

252 SpA/4 SpDef/252 Spe

-Dragon Rage

-Flame Burst

-Venoshock

-Hidden Power Water

Salandit just has to damage. Life Orb is nice for it in this field, since it adds that extra punch while Eviolite helps with the recoil. Dragon Rage is there just to clean stuff, Flame Burst and Venoshock are its stabs, and the extra damage either of those get is great, and Hidden Power Water helps with Ground-types.

Lv 20 Seviper

Lum Berry

Ability: Shed Skin

Adamant Nature

252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def

-Coil

-Sucker Punch

-Poison Jab

-Earthquake

So Seviper is the setup sweeper. Lum Berry and Shed Skin handle status, and it sets up on attack and defense with Coil. Sucker Punch has priority and it has an advantage against psychic types, Poison Jab is STAB, and Earthquake is coverage for Steel-types. This'll be one of Venam's aces.

Lv 18 Nidoking

Life Orb

Ability: Sheer Force

Hasty Nature

4 Atk/252 SpA/252 Spe

-Ice Beam

-Fire Blast

-Superpower

-Sludge Wave

Nidoking is the wallbreaker of the team. Ice Beam covers dragons and flying-types, Fire Blast covers steels and ice-types, Superpower covvers special walls, and Sludge Wave is its Life Orb boosted STAB. It can cover just about anything.

Lv 19 Nihilego

Choice Scarf

Ability: Beast Boost

Timid Nature

4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe

-Power Gem

-Venoshock

-Psyshock

-Hidden Power Ice

Nihilego cleans the endgame. Choice Scarf ensures it outspeeds everything, Hidden Power Ice hits ground types while Psyshock hits fighting-types, Power Gem is its rock-type STAB, and Venoshock is its Poison-type STAB. Not much to say here.

Lv 20 Arceus-Poison

Poisonium Z

Ability: Multitype

Modest Nature

252 HP/252 SpA/4 SpDef

-Recover

-Calm Mind

-Judgement

-Fire Blast

And there you have it. Arceus is the final piece of the puzzle. It's a bulky setup mon, as you see, and it's Venam's secret ace. Recover keeps it healthy, Calm Mind boosts its SpAtk and SpDef, Judgement is its poison-type STAB, and Fire Blast is its coverage for steel-types. It can take most hits due to its high bulk, that is also boosted by Calm Mind, and it can fire back with Judgement and Fire Blast. It holds a Poisonium Z in order to get a specially powerful Z move off once in battle: Acid Downpour. It is Venam's secret ace for a reason.

So there you have it: a fully functional and well-adjusted Venam team!

Edited by Jackass

So Venam is first gym leader we fight.
You gave her a  lv 20 Arceus poison,lv 18 nidoking and lv 19 nihilego.

Why does she even need any other pokemon?

Why does she even need a field?

51 minutes ago, Jackass said:

that Is hardly any more difficulT than regular venam. She needs the field and All of her mons, even if they seem Janky, tO maKe her an actual challengE.

I see what you did there, and fixed that for you.

People need to check tags more often.

Edited by Zargerth
The tags!